Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:41:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:32:33 AM

Black Arrow has a proven record of successfully manufacturing and delivering Bitcoin mining hardware on schedule at competitive prices.

I would say that is not exactly true.

Are you sourcing the ASIC chip from Avalon? Or are you making your own ASIC chip?

blackarrow will you elaborate please?

Maybe when someone opens their miner,they can pull the heatsink off & take a pic of the chips  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:36:22 AM

Black Arrow has a proven record of successfully manufacturing and delivering Bitcoin mining hardware on schedule at competitive prices.

Are you sourcing the ASIC chip from Avalon? Or are you making your own ASIC chip?

Maybe when someone opens their miner,they can pull the heatsink off & take a pic of the chips  Wink

Uh.
They made their own chip. Have you not seen the 100+ pictures of all the chips on trays, or installed on boards, or installed in miners?
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:24:16 AM

Uh.
They made their own chip. Have you not seen the 100+ pictures of all the chips on trays, or installed on boards, or installed in miners?
Well, date of the ba post and question is september 2013. At that time they have mining hw build on other asic chip manufactures.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:45:10 AM

Uh.
Well, date of the ba post and question is september 2013. At that time they have mining hw build on other asic chip manufactures.

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:29:55 AM

Mine also has 1418 as well so I am guessing this is another marking not in regards to build date.  I couldn't get it to grab the text with just my phone and didn't have another camera to bust out to take the pic.
ernie-

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:34:25 AM

Mine also has 1418 as well so I am guessing this is another marking not in regards to build date.  I couldn't get it to grab the text with just my phone and didn't have another camera to bust out to take the pic.
2014, 18th. week  sounds about right. Late April early May.

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:36:48 AM

So guessing they came from the same Wafer?
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:45:44 AM

As a general comment: My X-1 was super clean. No way it was mined with before it was shipped.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:00:46 AM

Uh.

Nice!! First I've seen of their chips.........haven't really been looking either  Cheesy  I've moved on to alts,BTC mining at home is very near dead...for me at least  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Metabolix

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:57:33 AM

Hello guys, I have made a decision, this I sent to BA on 24th of June - Regarding to very bad communication with your company and still uncofirmed term of delivery of my order which I payed in advance (despite the fact that value of hardware is much lower than at the date of putting the order, and is still lowering with every day on), I forwarded this affair to my counsel who calculates my financial loss plus management costs. If a whole situation will not be successfully closed until 27th od June then it will be solved by lawsuit.

Still got no answer, anyone from Czech republic?

Good disisson, keep us updated

No response since my last message (except automated mail with ticket number, fuck this).
So I sent another message today:
"Hello, please give me some feedback of how you´ve decided. You had enough time to solve the problem you carefully prepared for me, now time is up (almost 9 weeks since confirmed date of delivery) and my patience has reached its limit. I don ´t want to receive just another "we are doing our best" instead of concrete specific answer when I will receive back my money!"

A few messages before I have been told that my situation is being solved by some supervisor, but still with no explanation. If they won´t send back any satisfying information I will start to solve this by court next week. I hope someone will be hanged for this (for us all).
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:03:09 PM

Mine also has 1418 as well so I am guessing this is another marking not in regards to build date.  I couldn't get it to grab the text with just my phone and didn't have another camera to bust out to take the pic.

I do not need to see a clearer shot from you to know that bobsags3's pic has been editted. Shocked

At first glance, the text "Black Arrow LTD" is shorter than whatever the blur says on your shot.

900% zoom - inverting the colors makes it more obvious.

sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

I do not need to see a clearer shot from you to know that bobsags3's pic has been editted. Shocked

At first glance, the text "Black Arrow LTD" is shorter than whatever the blur says on your shot.

And you point is. Judginging from your rep on here I suggest you go and troll some where else.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

And you point is. Judginging from your rep on here I suggest you go and troll some where else.
+1
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:56:00 PM

I am crossing my fingers that my 5 units go on Monday!
david105396

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:25:33 PM

27 June 2014

Shipping: the shipping of the X-1 (Control Board) test batch has been completed. The production of X-1 (Batch1 and Batch2) is close to completion and shipping will resume within days. Please note that the X-1 (RPi) units have been discontinued and are no longer available on order.
The delivery for the boards for all X-1 currently on order will be completed by the SMT factory tonight. Product assembly for mass production is already booked.
Following a thorough reviewing, the X-3 backplane has been put in production. The first batch will be delivered this weekend. We have several designs to our disposal and we have to decide which one was the best choice. We will be able to inform our customers on the X-3 shipping schedule within a few days.
LCD - The software team are modifying the driver to work with our MCU. The LCD feature will be added to the miners within 10 days after the driver will be released. We kindly remind our customers that the LCD has been added on their request. Our initial design did not have this option which was added at the beginning of this year. However, once available, the LCD will be installed on all units regardless of the time of the order being placed.
X2 – First batch of Prospero X2 will be assembled and tested next week. More detailed updates on X2 will be provided with our next weekly progress update.
Wi-Fi – External antennas have been tested and Wi-Fi is working. Please note its functionality is linked to LCD/touchscreen functionality. Units with Wi-Fi will be delivered as soon as we have LCD available in our products.
Rent-A-Minion: the first site to host this service has been completed. The delivery for the mining equipment will be done in parallel with the shipping for Batch1 & Batch2. Customers will be notified when their quota will be available according to the shipping queue.
Compensation Package: this has proved to be a hot topic over the past few weeks. The internal assessment on a potential compensation package is under way and the final decision will be made public when the shipping of Batch1 and Batch2 will be completed.
Customer Service: it was reported to us that some of our customers who are not active on forums would be happy to receive the important notifications by email. We will also send newsletters to our customers when we post the progress update on our website. However only the subscribers to our Newsletters will receive email notifications.
Communications:  please note that we will suspend the weekly progress update as soon as the shipping for X-1 and X-3 Batch1 and Batch2 will be completed. All queries should be addressed to the Customer Service Team.
The surprise: there were various speculations regarding the nature of the surprise. We are not keen on sustaining the suspense any longer however we believe that the moment of disclosing the secret has to be well prepared so it can benefit our customers. Without disclosing any details, we can only ask for our customers to bear with us. We are hoping that the waiting will be worth it.

Black Arrow Support
Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:49:12 PM

Hey Bobsag3,

I'm order 133x.  Will my order ship out on Monday, and am I able to change the shipping address?  Also, will the power cords be included?

I'm guessing this will only be the original order with no compensation units.

Let me know,

Chuck

I assume your order is one of the ones ending in "A" ? If so your order would go out with the rest on Monday, and if you need to change the shipping address submit a ticket with your order number to support@minersource.net and we will get it taken care of.

Are the units still projected to go out on Monday?

Based on the recent update, it doesn't look good to get tracking by Monday, is there an updated time now Bobsag?

It's simple really. Minersource is subject to lawsuits since they're in the US. If they go down because of BA, no other reseller will ever touch them.

Bobsag has said that all of batch 1 will be shipped next Monday, that's the absolute last straw for me in terms of dates and leveraging the risk in accepting these units and what I think compensation will be.  No tracking on Monday = Refund email will be sent.  (Bobsag, if you think it may be Tuesday, let us know now and I'll give you a day grace period, otherwise there isn't much I can do come Monday with no tracking)  I think I have been pretty reasonable up to this point, but as these dates that, "all of batch 1 will be shipped by XX" continue to be proclaimed, I am losing interest in these machines.  Their expected ROI is negative as it is, the only saving grace is a compensation package that is worth it, but hope for anything worth while is quickly fading, and the risk is getting past my tolerance level.

Bobsag, any news on the shipment? How many units are you  getting Monday? All of batch 1? Simple questions, simple answers. How about tracking picture like you showed last time? Otherwise conspiracy theories dance in our heads; "maybe they're  getting the shipment Friday and are mining the weekend", "maybe they're only getting 25 units again", "maybe they're not getting any". You can see where I'm going. Just want a little info...

Bobsag, please let us know about the shipment. Otherwise my refund request might be sent today.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:08:28 PM

Does anyone know exactly what the X-2 is?
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:16:04 PM

27 June 2014
We kindly remind our customers that the LCD has been added on their request. Our initial design did not have this option which was added at the beginning of this year.

Oh yeah, these delays are all the customers fault.  Roll Eyes  I recall the LCD being part of the miner when I ordered back in December. Conveniently enough the renders have been removed from the gallery already.

No worries, the Wayback Machine has us covered.
https://web.archive.org/web/20131130093823/http://ecointalk.net/gallery/image/49-prospero-x3-01

Wow, this company got a prototype case, with the LCD cutout done in less than 11 days? Amazing turn-around time on that, wouldn't you say?
https://web.archive.org/web/20140210064219/http://ecointalk.net/gallery/image/85-x3-design

I couldn't find the render for the X1 but I know I saw it.

<Insert favorite coin here>
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:17:11 PM

Does anyone know exactly what the X-2 is?

Maybe it's their 1 TH/s line, in between their X-1 and X-3.  Or a new Scrypt miner?

If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's their mid size miner, so 1 TH/s.  Pure speculation of course.   Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:18:26 PM

The X2 is a single X3 board hashing at 240ghs.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: