Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 06:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771079 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:56:05 PM

Ken's keeping his cards very close to his chest so this means when he decides to break radio silence it will be with news of a major development.   Lips sealed

I expect we will have fully working FAST-HAST miners already stress tested and fully operational BEFORE Ken tells us anything.  Shocked

Mark my words.  Cool

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:00:16 PM

Ken's keeping his cards very close to his chest so this means when he decides to break radio silence it will be with news of a major development.   Lips sealed

I expect we will have fully working FAST-HAST miners already stress tested and fully operational BEFORE Ken tells us anything.  Shocked

Mark my words.  Cool

^^Sarcasm?
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:05:24 PM

Mark my words.  Cool

^^Sarcasm?

^^ duh?!

(Sarcasm)

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:08:27 PM

Mark my words.  Cool

This makes no sense, why would he want to maintain radio silence in the first place?

Our competitors have one single mode: Mine as many Bitcoins as possible, no information from any other company will change this.
crumbs

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:25:24 PM

Meanwhile, beyond Equestria's boarders...
Happy 3 Million!
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:42:12 PM

Ken's keeping his cards very close to his chest so this means when he decides to break radio silence it will be with news of a major development.   Lips sealed

I expect we will have fully working FAST-HAST miners already stress tested and fully operational BEFORE Ken tells us anything.  Shocked

Mark my words.  Cool

This makes no sense, why would he want to maintain radio silence in the first place?

Our competitors have one single mode: Mine as many Bitcoins as possible, no information from any other company will change this.

Did you read the reply he gave to a recent pm?

If you didn't, here it is again...

Hi Ken,

Are there any words you can offer to help quell the frustrations of shareholders at present?

If you are able to share anything regarding our progress without revealing commercially sensitive information or breaking the NDA, it would go a long way in restoring confidence.

I'm sure you are aware of the loyalty that these guys have shown and the belief the majority still have in you, and would ask that you give this request serious consideration.

Here's a couple of things to consider.

1)  Do you have any timelines you can share regarding the chips?
2)  Is there anything you can say about how the development/production process is progressing?
3)  Can you explain why you are so confident that the exponential rise in difficulty is not going to end this companies ambitions to create a profitable mining farm.

Cheers,

zumzero

Yes, I see the frustration; however, we are in a very competitive environment so I have to be very careful of what I say.  I am sure our competitors are reading this thread.  I read theirs some when I have time.

Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:43:40 PM

Ken's keeping his cards very close to his chest so this means when he decides to break radio silence it will be with news of a major development.   Lips sealed

I expect we will have fully working FAST-HAST miners already stress tested and fully operational BEFORE Ken tells us anything.  Shocked

Mark my words.  Cool

How are our competitors doing by the way? What is the current estimated hashrate that cointerra, fasthash, and the like are mining with?

EDIT: hoping to hear about sample chips in the next week or so!
crumbs

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:52:13 PM

Mark my words.  Cool

How are our competitors doing by the way? What is the current estimated hashrate that cointerra, fasthash, and the like are mining with?

EDIT: hoping to hear about sample chips in the next week or so!

KNC, , BFL, Asicminer, Bitfury etc. are doing quite well, selling gear, chips & mining.
The companies you've mentioned (it's Hashfast, BTW, *you are* Fasthash) are also doing awesome, having sold millions of dollars worth of product Cheesy
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:58:21 PM

I really dont see a reason do disclose info. If Ken would have a revolutionary design and info about that could lead to others get an idea of what he does then yes. But its not like this. It looks like Ken thinks it would matter when he is posting that he will deploy in the next week or something. It wouldnt matter at all. Except for the shareprice.
Other companies dont care what ActiveMining is doing. They only have one plan. Being fast, mining fast, selling fast. They will not become faster because Ken is telling them he will have a tiny fraction of TH in the next weeks. Nothing will happen from informing shareholders.

So no, i dont have a clue what this is about.

Someone mentioned that Ken already told things and was slapped because of NDA? What did he say and what slap is meant or is this wrong?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:22:32 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 02:50:18 PM by zumzero

Is it a strategic advantage to withold commercially sensitive information in ActM's case?  That is up for debate.

What is certain is that Ken believes it is better to remain stealthy.  This would lead us to believe that at some stage an unveiling will occur.

Think F-117 Nighthawk and Bagdad's Shock & Awe.  Grin

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:54:19 PM

You are spewing out material you've used before.  Where is your originality man?

You are also posting old quotes you made yourself.  Not very narcissistic, but. 

"..oh, ooh, yeah man, let me go and find and old post I made, pant, pant.., see?  I'm the greatest aren't I!   ..I see the future!.."

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:09:09 PM

I asked him to find his old posts where he called out this operation.

At the moment I still believe in ActM, but I guess I have a bias.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

I asked him to find his old posts where he called out this operation.

At the moment I still believe in ActM, but I guess I have a bias.

"..oh, ooh, yeah man, let me go and find and old post I made, pant, pant.., see?  I'm the greatest aren't I!   ..I see the future!.."

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

Here you go, July 24:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252531.msg2793933#msg2793933

A few pertinent quotes from that day:

Still waiting to learn more about these newfangled "28nm ... Chip[ s] require[ing] proper handling of heat and power supply."  Sounds very scientific and dangerous, proper handling of heat & power supply has never been tried before, you guys sure you want to buck the status quo?  Improper heat handling and improper power supply? Cheesy

Loooll!  Just reading this nao:
"The funds may be invested in any other Bitcoin mining shares that pay
dividends until the funds are needed for the above usages. The funds may also be used to purchase
Bitcoin Mining Machines from VMC or any other manufacture of Bitcoin Mining Machines or any
other source of Bitcoin Mining Machines which will increase the dividends for investors"

"The AMC Belize's business includes cryptocoin mining and sales of self-built ASIC
devices through its wholly owned subsidiary Virtual Mining Corporation (VMC).

So, who's bUying what from whom  Huh

"Wow...almost the fastest I've ever added anyone to my ignore list. " -- CMMPro, next post

These are the supposed quotes whch are evidence that you predicted the failure of ActM?  For someone who tries too hard to be funny, this is bloody hilarious! lolz

All this shows is how weak and lame your silly nonsensical mumbling posts actually are.  Not to mention your self obsession, but let's not go down that well trodden path.

From this day forward you will be known not as crumbs, not as crumble, but I anoint you 'mumble'.

4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:47:44 PM

You're right ACTM has gone down a lot, and crumbs, I really thank you for your intelligent response to my last post.

I think the flaw with the idea that the hashrate will continue to increase exponentially is that it's gotten there through technological innovation mostly. Right now we've hit the best technology out there. The growth now is entirely money based, and there's no way we're going to be experiencing 100% gains for the next year (no way to be positive, but I'm pretty confident). I can go into more detail if you are interested. I welcome criticisms to my logic.

Hi.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

You're right ACTM has gone down a lot, and crumbs, I really thank you for your intelligent response to my last post.

I think the flaw with the idea that the hashrate will continue to increase exponentially is that it's gotten there through technological innovation mostly. Right now we've hit the best technology out there. The growth now is entirely money based, and there's no way we're going to be experiencing 100% gains for the next year (no way to be positive, but I'm pretty confident). I can go into more detail if you are interested. I welcome criticisms to my logic.

So we are now thanking the terrorists for not blowing us up?  I despair.

crumbs

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:21:20 PM

You might wish to consider that we're just seeing the tip of the 28nm iceberg.  KNC chips are just beginning to come online, they have the maskset, the NRE costs already sunk, each new production run needs only to make more than the actual cost of manufacture to be in the black. These production runs won't stop until mining with newly-baked chips becomes unprofitable, or they couldn't be sold at a profit (sales of obviously unprofitable gear are a part of Asicminer revenue model, while sales of not-so-obviously unprofitable gear are the staple of every other ASIC manufacturer).

What we're seeing right now is the calm before the storm.  Once production problems are ironed out, nothing prevents KNC or similar company from outsourcing production and *really* saturating the market.

Bitfury's chips are (if i remember right) 55nm node, and are more efficient than KNC's 28nm chips energy-wise.  So we obviously haven't seen all there is to see from the 28nm die shrink.

More could be said, but this post has a short lifespan Sad
Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:28:10 PM

How did the 600K transfer of shares from Bitfunder to Cryptostocks work?  Anybody know the details of the transaction/move?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:59:06 PM

How did the 600K transfer of shares from Bitfunder to Cryptostocks work?  Anybody know the details of the transaction/move?

Look a few pages back.

Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:13:56 PM

Look a few pages back.

Thanks, I saw that there was speculation that a large shareholder wanted to transfer/sell on a new exchange.  Just wanted to see if there was official confirmation on that.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: