Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Decentralized Machine Learning  (Read 6179 times)
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

I still can’t understand how much participants will be involved in the system. I get that it is a crowdsoursed platform for developers, who are interested in machine learning. Who else will be a part of it?
There will be 4 participants- customers (companies, research institutions, and other), algorithm devs, layers of decentalizated nodes (distributing nodes, federated nodes, refining nodes and report nodes) and data owners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hobopete

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:38:19 PM

I still can’t understand how much participants will be involved in the system. I get that it is a crowdsoursed platform for developers, who are interested in machine learning. Who else will be a part of it?
There will be 4 participants- customers (companies, research institutions, and other), algorithm devs, layers of decentalizated nodes (distributing nodes, federated nodes, refining nodes and report nodes) and data owners.
What for they need such nodes? They will have some separated functions?
Brushan

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:46:47 PM

Yes, of course. They will have different functions. Distributing nodes will deliver algorithms, federated nodes will collect results, report nodes will make some reports and algo refining nodes improve those algorithms.
hobopete

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

Yes, of course. They will have different functions. Distributing nodes will deliver algorithms, federated nodes will collect results, report nodes will make some reports and algo refining nodes improve those algorithms.
Nodes have a great role in the system. Devs won’t be able to work without them, right?
Brushan

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:00:58 PM

Nodes have a great role in the system. Devs won’t be able to work without them, right?
First of all the system couldn’t work without the data owners. If you don’t have what to analyze, you can’t work and create algorithms.
hobopete

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:05:30 PM

First of all the system couldn’t work without the data owners. If you don’t have what to analyze, you can’t work and create algorithms.
What devices will be used for collecting info? Does it matter?
Brushan

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:11:48 PM

I don’t think it matters for developers or the system in general. PCs, smartphones and tablets could become a source of information.
hobopete

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:17:46 PM

I don’t think it matters for developers or the system in general. PCs, smartphones and tablets could become a source of information.
Ok, but users could limit access to their private data? Will it be stored on the cloud server?
Brushan

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:24:53 PM

Ok, but users could limit access to their private data? Will it be stored on the cloud server?
No, it is not possible. Data owner could authorize certain info and it will be kept exactly on the device. It is a guarantee of security for data.
Theraty

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:28:35 PM

I’ve recently watch the video about the prototype of DML. It is pretty impressive. I hope they won’t stop at this point and develop the idea
mothermole1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:35:26 PM

I’ve recently watch the video about the prototype of DML. It is pretty impressive. I hope they won’t stop at this point and develop the idea
I agree with you. It so great that project like this as getting stronger day by day. DML offer so many benefits, even for data owners.
Theraty

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:41:14 PM

I agree with you. It so great that project like this as getting stronger day by day. DML offer so many benefits, even for data owners.
Yes, they can get money not only for providing data, but also just randomly from the user growth pool as long as they are connected to the DML protocol.
mothermole1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:49:06 PM

Yes, they can get money not only for providing data, but also just randomly from the user growth pool as long as they are connected to the DML protocol.
Will be limited the amount of tokens? Will be they re-issued?
Theraty

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:55:27 PM

No, only a limited amount of the DML token will be generated according to the pre-defined decreasing-supply algorithm based on the preset mechanism across time.
mothermole1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:03:49 AM

No, only a limited amount of the DML token will be generated according to the pre-defined decreasing-supply algorithm based on the preset mechanism across time.
How then data owners will get extra coins?
Theraty

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:08:53 AM

The reward system is created with a pre-defined algorithm that will decrease with time.
mothermole1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:16:52 AM

The reward system is created with a pre-defined algorithm that will decrease with time.
It is a logical way to resolve the problem. I think they want to encourage mass adaptation to the system. Will they build in a wallet?
Theraty

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:21:32 AM

It is a logical way to resolve the problem. I think they want to encourage mass adaptation to the system. Will they build in a wallet?
Yes, they will build in an ERC20-supported wallet, so users can keep their DML tokens and any other supported cryptocurrencies as well.
dazuixia456

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:12:54 AM

why it seems to me that they want to deceive me? Did anyone understand how this service actually works? I understand what machine learning is, but how can it be decentralized?
eviltamer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:14:08 AM

why it seems to me that they want to deceive me? Did anyone understand how this service actually works? I understand what machine learning is, but how can it be decentralized?
Have you watched the video that was inserted in the first post of this thread? There is a completely detailed description of the media, how it works and what it uses to analyze the data
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: