Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 10:08:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 275 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 553011 times)
alicea

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:30:32 PM

My gridcoin.conf,it works fine.
listen=1
server=1
rpcuser=benhur8sda2148ujasnhs
rpcpassword=21411
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
addnode=137.116.167.42
addnode=137.116.167.52
addnode=191.238.60.17
addnode=191.238.51.28
addnode=191.235.137.239
addnode=191.235.138.12
addnode=23.97.147.78
addnode=23.97.148.49
addnode=138.91.246.228
addnode=138.91.247.22
addnode=supernode.gridcoin.us
cpumining=true
threadlimit=1
email=xxxxx@xxxxx.com
UpdatingLeaderboard=false
suppressupgrade=true

Nope nothing works.
I just installed classic client on third system  and i am even able to get "synchronizing with network" message
but its just gets stuck. And i have 1 active connection on that signal icon.
What is going on? 10 days ago i was able to sync and now when i have to exchange the grc nothing works?

When installed Gridcoin-Research, everything is OK, got >10 connections, got synced. Now I'm compiling it on another machine and try it, too. I guess that you should install research, not classic one.
The only problem is with Poloniex who's deposit addresses seem not to be OK for Gridcoin-Research wallet. Maybe they have the classic wallet and the addressen are incompatible or so? This is the question for dev-team Smiley

=

▒▓▓████████▓▓▒                  
            ▒▓█████████████████████▒              
         ▒█████████▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████████▓
       ▓██████▓▒                 ▓██████▓        
     ▒█████▓                        ▓█████▓          
    █████▓████████████████████████████▓█████▒          
  ▒█████                                ▓████▒        
  ████▓                                  ▓████▒      
 ▓████                                    ▓████▒                                                          
▓████                             █▓▓▓▓    ████▓                    ▓██                               ▓████                    
████▓                             █▓▓▓     ▓███▓                    ███▓                              ▓███▓
████▒                         ▓█ █▓      ▓████                    ███▓                                    
████▒          █▓█ ▓         █▓            ▓████       ░▒▓▓█▓▓▓▒    ███▓  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░    ▒▓▓▓▒  ▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░
████▓        ██     █▓    █▓█              ▓████     ▒█████▓▓████▓  ███▓▓███▓██████▒  ▒████▓▓▓▓████▒  ▒███▒  ███▓▓███▓█████▓
▓██████████▓▓█████████▓▒▒▓▓████████████████████▓    ▓███░░    ░▓██▓ ████▓░     ░▓███  ▒▓▓▒░    ░▓███  ▒███▒  ████▓      ▒███▓
 ████▓  █▓█                              ▒████     ███▒            ███▓░       ▒███     ░░░░░░░▒███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
 ▒████▓▓                                 ▒████▓     ███▒            ███▓        ░███ ░▒▓████████████  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
  ▓████▓                                ▒████▓      ███▒            ███▓        ░███ ▓███▒░     ▒███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓  
   ▒█████▒                             █████▓       ▓███░      ▒███ ███▓        ░███ ▓██▓░     ░▓███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓  
    ▒█████▓▒                         ██████         ░▓███▓▒▒▒▒▓███▓ ███▓        ░███  ████▒░░░▒█████  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
      ▒██████▓                    ▒██████▓             ░▓███████▓▒   ███▓        ░███  ░▒██████▓▒░███░ ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
        ▒████████▓▒          ▒▓██████████▓
           ▒████████████████████████▓██████▒
              ▒▒▓██████████████▓▓     ▒█████▓░
                                        ▒████▓▒
                                          ▓████▒
                                           ▒█████
                                             ▓████▓
                                               ████▓▒
                                                ▒████▓
                                                  ▓███

██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
    Decentralized Marketing and Advertising Platform    
[] Ease of use and Flexibility [] Excellent value proposition [] Data privacy and security
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
Telegram Reddit
Twitter    ■ANN thread
Facebook
Whitepaper
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Berkson22

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:35:14 PM

When installed Gridcoin-Research, everything is OK, got >10 connections, got synced. Now I'm compiling it on another machine and try it, too. I guess that you should install research, not classic one.
The only problem is with Poloniex who's deposit addresses seem not to be OK for Gridcoin-Research wallet. Maybe they have the classic wallet and the addressen are incompatible or so? This is the question for dev-team Smiley

Not sure if i understand you.
How do i exchange the old GRC if i dont have old classic client up and running?
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:46:18 PM

Everything works on my end and I have several rigs running both wallet simultaneously!

listen=1
server=1
rpcpassword=21411
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
addnode=137.116.167.42
addnode=137.116.167.52
addnode=191.238.60.17
addnode=191.238.51.28
addnode=191.235.137.239
addnode=191.235.138.12
addnode=23.97.147.78
addnode=23.97.148.49
addnode=138.91.246.228
addnode=138.91.247.22
cpumining=true
threadlimit=1
email=xxxxx@xxxxx.com
suppressupgrade=true

Nope nothing works.
I just installed classic client on third system  and i am even able to get "synchronizing with network" message
What is going on? 10 days ago i was able to sync and now when i have to exchange the grc nothing works?
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:48:45 PM

Gridcoin research starts trading on the 20th of October! Subscribe to our twitter so you are up to date on all info regarding GRC! Also read https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-262#entry110961 for all the latest info!

listen=1
server=1
rpcpassword=21411
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
addnode=137.116.167.42
addnode=137.116.167.52
addnode=191.238.60.17
addnode=191.238.51.28
addnode=191.235.137.239
addnode=191.235.138.12
addnode=23.97.147.78
addnode=23.97.148.49
addnode=138.91.246.228
addnode=138.91.247.22
cpumining=true
threadlimit=1
email=xxxxx@xxxxx.com
suppressupgrade=true

Nope nothing works.
I just installed classic client on third system  and i am even able to get "synchronizing with network" message

Sparood

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:50:55 PM

Hi berkson,

What classic version are you on?
Please use just node.gridcoin.us

Have you tried the download blocks option?

alicea

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:17:23 PM

Gridcoin research starts trading on the 20th of October! Subscribe to our twitter so you are up to date on all info regarding GRC! Also read https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-262#entry110961 for all the latest info!

Are the "old" GRC and "research" GRC compatible or not?

=

▒▓▓████████▓▓▒                  
            ▒▓█████████████████████▒              
▓████                             █▓▓▓▓    ████▓                    ▓██                               ▓████                    
████▓                             █▓▓▓     ▓███▓                    ███▓                              ▓███▓
████▒          █▓█ ▓         █▓            ▓████       ░▒▓▓█▓▓▓▒    ███▓  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░    ▒▓▓▓▒  ▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░
████▓        ██     █▓    █▓█              ▓████     ▒█████▓▓████▓  ███▓▓███▓██████▒  ▒████▓▓▓▓████▒  ▒███▒  ███▓▓███▓█████▓
▓██████████▓▓█████████▓▒▒▓▓████████████████████▓    ▓███░░    ░▓██▓ ████▓░     ░▓███  ▒▓▓▒░    ░▓███  ▒███▒  ████▓      ▒███▓
 ████▓  █▓█                              ▒████     ███▒            ███▓░       ▒███     ░░░░░░░▒███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
 ▒████▓▓                                 ▒████▓     ███▒            ███▓        ░███ ░▒▓████████████  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
  ▓████▓                                ▒████▓      ███▒            ███▓        ░███ ▓███▒░     ▒███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓  
   ▒█████▒                             █████▓       ▓███░      ▒███ ███▓        ░███ ▓██▓░     ░▓███  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓  
    ▒█████▓▒                         ██████         ░▓███▓▒▒▒▒▓███▓ ███▓        ░███  ████▒░░░▒█████  ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
      ▒██████▓                    ▒██████▓             ░▓███████▓▒   ███▓        ░███  ░▒██████▓▒░███░ ▒███▒  ███▓        ▓██▓
                                        ▒████▓▒
                                          ▓████▒
                                           ▒█████
                                             ▓████▓
                                               ████▓▒
                                                ▒████▓
                                                  ▓███

██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
[] Ease of use and Flexibility [] Excellent value proposition [] Data privacy and security
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
Telegram Reddit
Twitter    ■ANN thread
Facebook
Whitepaper
Sparood

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:24:13 PM

Are the "old" GRC and "research" GRC compatible or not?

The adresses are not compatible. Your coins have to be burned at the pool website to change them into research coins

First make sure you have both the latest classic and research version installed. Next gather all your classic coins in the wallet.
Follow the burn instructions and you will now have your research coins. These you cab start trading october 20th!

http://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

Berkson22

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:29:17 PM

Hi berkson,

Ok now when i used only
addnode=node.gridcoin.us ONLY
i was able to sync but only with my 4th winxp computer
But this should be enough to exchange two wallets i have (i will copy wallet.dat to the client that is working)
Now when i try to use this page:
I did everything correctly and got green message but  then when i send 73.0339 grc from old classic wallet
it says "insufficient funds"
That is my second wallet thas only has the fraction of grc ,so is there a minimum i can exchange?
Also i thought it would be a good thing for testing purposes to firstly exchange only a small amount.

EDIT
O yeah i cant send the very last digit, probably due to the transaction cost (did that same mistake few months back)
Sparood

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

Hi berkson,

Ok now when i used only
addnode=node.gridcoin.us ONLY
i was able to sync but only with my 4th winxp computer
But this should be enough to exchange two wallets i have (i will copy wallet.dat to the client that is working)
Now when i try to use this page:
I did everything correctly and got green message but  then when i send 73.0339 grc from old classic wallet
it says "insufficient funds"
That is my second wallet thas only has the fraction of grc ,so is there a minimum i can exchange?
Also i thought it would be a good thing for testing purposes to firstly exchange only a small amount.

Please make sure to keep backups of your wallet.dat

Are there enough funds in your wallet? I would also advise a small amount first. As far as I know there is no minimum. You could try a couple grc.

Berkson22

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:46:39 PM

Sorry i just edited my post ,was my mistake for sending the last grc digit:)

BTW does exchange works or what is this guy talking about:
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-316

aceypilot :"I was told the payment server is hung-up, and Rob will repair it when he has a chance. "

Sparood

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:52:44 PM

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-316

aceypilot :"I was told the payment server is hung-up, and Rob will repair it when he has a chance. "

I noticed someone else has not received their burrned coins. I guess I would wait for now, until Rob answers everything is working fine!

alicea

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:44:05 PM

I always hate those coin-switching, when the old coins must be manually exchanged to new ones, so I'm very happy that I'm starting with new wallet at once Smiley Smiley And mining by the Proof of Research is one of the best things in cryptoworld invented ever.

=

▒▓▓████████▓▓▒                  
            ▒▓█████████████████████▒              
                                        ▒████▓▒
                                          ▓████▒
                                           ▒█████
                                             ▓████▓
                                               ████▓▒
                                                ▒████▓
                                                  ▓███

██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
Telegram Reddit
Twitter    ■ANN thread
Facebook
Whitepaper
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

I have been burning coins for the past few hours and it works. The server had to be restarted by Rob, now it is working!

I always hate those coin-switching, when the old coins must be manually exchanged to new ones, so I'm very happy that I'm starting with new wallet at once Smiley Smiley And mining by the Proof of Research is one of the best things in cryptoworld invented ever.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

Must upgrade, chain for POR needs to be restarted from block 0!!!! https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-325

Gridcoin Research - Official Release:
MSI v.5.75/Client 3.1.6.1:

- Added Checkpoints
- Checked in to Github - 100% open source!
- Scrypt Mining from Block 1-2050
- Incremented Protocol
- Download Link:  

http://download.gridcoin.us/download/downloadstake/GridcoinResearch.msi

- Current block #52
- Fixed Windows 8.1 Global Status bar size - 8.1 users please verify
(Updated Events download link)

** Note:  If you have been testing gridcoinresearch: Please delete everything except your wallet.dat and gridcoinresearch.config in your %appdata%\gridcoinresearch folder **

Proof Of Research Block Explorer is up:
http://explorer.gridcoin.us/
burner2014

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:44:42 AM

Do we have to burn coins when my coins are on poloniex? Any plans to that?

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
Sparood

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

I would reccomend moving them to your classic wallet and burning them yourself.

I think the exchanges will burn the coins they have left at 20th of october. Best to do it yourself though. ITS really easy!

firedoner

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

hello everyone, could someone send the link so i could burn my coins and change them to the new ones please?

thanks a bunch
burner2014

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:50:25 AM

I would reccomend moving them to your classic wallet and burning them yourself.

I think the exchanges will burn the coins they have left at 20th of october. Best to do it yourself though. ITS really easy!

You think ... anyone knows?

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:11:54 AM

hello everyone, could someone send the link so i could burn my coins and change them to the new ones please?

thanks a bunch
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:12:37 AM

Get your coins out of Poloniex and do the burning yourself!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 275 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.