Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 05:24:32 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 551564 times)
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

The dev has a full time job so it might take him some time to get this done.

Grc is on several other exchanges.

That's cool, just as an FYI, we ADDED a command to the already existing commands and renamed an existing command.

I will put the original commands back the way they were, but its not going to be tonight or tomorrow, so take it easy for a while and Ill let you know when its working.

Thanks!

Rob H.

Still waiting on that. Without it - it's not on AllCrypt and I'm not sure how it can be running on any other exchange either.

I don't care if several other exchanges are not using all the commands they should be to handle the coins properly.

The gridcoin team changed fundamental RPC commands. We use a full suite of commands to secure and transfer coins to ensure that the transactions are safe. The gridcoin wallet will not run with our system, because our accounting is more in depth. I was told the commands would be changed back so that the coin could run on Allcrypt.

Unless that happens it will have to be removed. I was told it would happen, but its been a week now.

If the dev team does not want it on AllCrypt, please say so, as I have users getting frustrated that they have made deposits they cannot use, and GRD they cannot buy. It is in everyone's best interest to have your coin on as many exchanges as possible. We're not being unreasonable to ask that a coin follow the standards that every other coin follows as far as RPC command structure.

Yes, we COULD put the coin on as it is. But then we lower security and accountability standards, and thats not acceptable.

I'd really appreciate an answer as to if the wallet will be fixed, or if we should remove Gridcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

Grc is on several other exchanges.

That's cool, just as an FYI, we ADDED a command to the already existing commands and renamed an existing command.

I will put the original commands back the way they were, but its not going to be tonight or tomorrow, so take it easy for a while and Ill let you know when its working.

Thanks!

Rob H.

Still waiting on that. Without it - it's not on AllCrypt and I'm not sure how it can be running on any other exchange either.

I don't care if several other exchanges are not using all the commands they should be to handle the coins properly.

The gridcoin team changed fundamental RPC commands. We use a full suite of commands to secure and transfer coins to ensure that the transactions are safe. The gridcoin wallet will not run with our system, because our accounting is more in depth. I was told the commands would be changed back so that the coin could run on Allcrypt.

Unless that happens it will have to be removed. I was told it would happen, but its been a week now.

If the dev team does not want it on AllCrypt, please say so, as I have users getting frustrated that they have made deposits they cannot use, and GRD they cannot buy. It is in everyone's best interest to have your coin on as many exchanges as possible. We're not being unreasonable to ask that a coin follow the standards that every other coin follows as far as RPC command structure.

Yes, we COULD put the coin on as it is. But then we lower security and accountability standards, and thats not acceptable.

I'd really appreciate an answer as to if the wallet will be fixed, or if we should remove Gridcoin.

Give some more time because Rob is the only developer and now that the cpu mining were hacked he has so much to do right now. He's doing cpu mining from scratch again and other mandatory tasks too so he will make the changes as soon as he got some time.

edit: Informed Rob about this in cryptocointalk.

edit2: AllCrypt: commands have been added but you will have to wait.

Donate BTC: 18hLBMKpTRH9pi1myZHHcmk3kS9JGJLDoi
Donate GRC: G7aoEsY9zjr5td4bNPLmsbB2Dg8dg5EExB
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

GRC Twitter Promo @ Cryptocointalk

Get 20 GRC for following and sending out a tweet.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/7780-giveaway-20-gridcoins-per-person/
Ardolafat

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

You can also try a giveaway here:
altcoingiveaways.com

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
.ANGEL TOKEN.
[]

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                 ▀▀████████▀▀
chiznitz

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:54:31 PM

Any suggestions for transactions that are stuck due to running one of the numerous wrong versions?  I have a users withdraw that is stuck since , most likely due to gridcoin.us having mismatched versions of software.

For the love of god if you are going to offer multiple download options please make sure they are all up to date.  I'm going to have to purchase some gridcoins so I can have my users continue with their trading and "hope" they send any extras back if their transactions actually go through.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:02:04 PM

Any suggestions for transactions that are stuck due to running one of the numerous wrong versions?  I have a users withdraw that is stuck since , most likely due to gridcoin.us having mismatched versions of software.

For the love of god if you are going to offer multiple download options please make sure they are all up to date.  I'm going to have to purchase some gridcoins so I can have my users continue with their trading and "hope" they send any extras back if their transactions actually go through.

If you got those coins in a right chain and if you sent them to wrong chain you should get back your coins with the right chain. Meaning that you still have those coins in the right chain so install newest wallet and rebuild blockchain should do? Hope so..

Donate BTC: 18hLBMKpTRH9pi1myZHHcmk3kS9JGJLDoi
Donate GRC: G7aoEsY9zjr5td4bNPLmsbB2Dg8dg5EExB
customminer

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:08:23 PM

Any suggestions for transactions that are stuck due to running one of the numerous wrong versions?  I have a users withdraw that is stuck since , most likely due to gridcoin.us having mismatched versions of software.

For the love of god if you are going to offer multiple download options please make sure they are all up to date.  I'm going to have to purchase some gridcoins so I can have my users continue with their trading and "hope" they send any extras back if their transactions actually go through.

There is most certainly a version control issue with gridcoin.
Another major issue is two completely different looking official gridcoin websites - stick with the best looking one!
DreadLord

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:37:56 PM

You can see it here https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-139#entry65933, Rob explaining that situation  Smiley
anonerd

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:42:57 PM

constructive criticism:
With great power comes great responsibility - this coin wants to be great, right?
Then, let it get some room to breath!

It is crucial to foster GRC's environment.
Lean management does not imply fixing every bug on your own, sequentially.
Gridcoins growth compared to its innovativity and lifetime is that of a chronically choked tuna.
Rob, you need to delegate tasks. Now!

the story is out, competing coins are working on similar features,
only they develop parallelized, hence faster.
Trust is in place, but it wont wait for this one-man show doing
refactoring, asap. api, asap. pool, PoB, scrypt2.0, asap.
please,
Your ASAP should be: Build up an army!

Still waisting energy on Proof-of-Work? Use your Rigs for scientific progress!
Member of Gridcoin-Germany - http://uscore.net (en) - http://uscore.de (de) - http://gridcoin.us (ann)
Inrideo

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

It seems like there's two camps here. One that wants to see Gridcoin stabilize and grow, and recognize the issues that come with it being a single developer project. The other wants to get rich, now.

I don't care much for the second group.

Gridcoin :: GGEijprFRgB8LFVDLbdKQK9CcysFXAXRop
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

It seems like there's two camps here. One that wants to see Gridcoin stabilize and grow, and recognize the issues that come with it being a single developer project. The other wants to get rich, now.

i've been following GRC since around thanksgiving and I want it to succeed however launching a coin and updating the client every few days is not a good idea at all.  There is to much conflicting information, the files on the website aren't even the correct versions of the client...if you download the msi you're fine if you get the zip you get old versions etc, if you want to do a coin etc you need to release proper versions with proper communication, saying go this forum or go to this twitter page is not proper communication.  The website should ALWAYS have the proper versions of the software and NEVER have a version that is out of date.

anonerd

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:41:34 PM

i've been following GRC since around thanksgiving and I want it to succeed however launching a coin and updating the client every few days is not a good idea at all.  There is to much conflicting information, the files on the website aren't even the correct versions of the client...if you download the msi you're fine if you get the zip you get old versions etc, if you want to do a coin etc you need to release proper versions with proper communication, saying go this forum or go to this twitter page is not proper communication.  The website should ALWAYS have the proper versions of the software and NEVER have a version that is out of date.

I agree, this is essential, I can't see a reason for this not being streamlined already.
Thing is, problems wont outgrow with time, but tend to get more w growing adoption.

My suggestion: tedious update routines like website version maintenance and thread/OP updates should be delegated. assertion of consistency is straightforward and can be outsourced. We need a single specified source of truth. Then a sendmail-task in Rob's release-toolchain is enough to have agents swarm out to fix the various sites.

Still waisting energy on Proof-of-Work? Use your Rigs for scientific progress!
Member of Gridcoin-Germany - http://uscore.net (en) - http://uscore.de (de) - http://gridcoin.us (ann)
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:52:19 PM

Any suggestions for transactions that are stuck due to running one of the numerous wrong versions?  I have a users withdraw that is stuck since , most likely due to gridcoin.us having mismatched versions of software.

For the love of god if you are going to offer multiple download options please make sure they are all up to date.  I'm going to have to purchase some gridcoins so I can have my users continue with their trading and "hope" they send any extras back if their transactions actually go through.

If you got those coins in a right chain and if you sent them to wrong chain you should get back your coins with the right chain. Meaning that you still have those coins in the right chain so install newest wallet and rebuild blockchain should do? Hope so..

Well after ****ing with this thing all day I'm unable to get these 2 stuck transactions to do anything.  Time to go buy some gridcoin and pay a couple users so I can be done dealing with this.

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:07:40 PM

can you explain what you are talking about?

Well after ****ing with this thing all day I'm unable to get these 2 stuck transactions to do anything.  Time to go buy some gridcoin and pay a couple users so I can be done dealing with this.
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:30:58 PM

Yes, a user tried to withdrawal their coins as I had asked them to, however the blockchain was not sync'd or on the right version, now i have a transaction of 9827GRC that has 0 confirmations and is not in the blockchain, the coins are gone from the wallet.

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

are you sure he was not blacklisted from the GRC hack??

contact Rob(dev of Gridcoin) directly and give him the txID of the transactions so he can check.

Yes, a user tried to withdrawal their coins as I had asked them to, however the blockchain was not sync'd or on the right version, now i have a transaction of 9827GRC that has 0 confirmations and is not in the blockchain, the coins are gone from the wallet.
frostgrave

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:25:55 PM

Vote every 30 minutes for Gridcoin here.

https://www.icurrex.com/coin_poll

New exchange coming soon.

“This is not just money for the Internet. This is a new Internet of money.”
– Andreas Antonopoulos
Tuition fee  BTC: 1CWhWv84fMXfRreP3GQFLhEVn5jASwWcQD    LTC: LTRpVmG21jeXURwugG4TpnHKV9hreYV8t1
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

Vote every 30 minutes for Gridcoin here.

https://www.icurrex.com/coin_poll

New exchange coming soon.

done! How many will be added for first?

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
customminer

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

Hey,

What's the current state of play with scrypt-sleep implementation?

Any chance you could give a few pointers on how to create a supernode? (I've got a bunch of azure credits; could possibly create a couple always up to date nodes for people to connect to).

RE: Topic on making gridcoin closed source (talked about on cryptocointalk thread), i completely disagree with such an action - if a security vulnerability was accidentally created and it was closed source, noone would find out about it until it was being completely exploited, where as if it's open source it'd be easily identified by 3rd party audits of your code.
Gridcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:36:20 PM

Mandatory Upgrade
Release Notes
9.3/90/2.0.5.0

- Added phase 1 of Skein/Groestl for cpuminers (not ready)
- Enhanced getrawtransaction and gettransaction to do a complete search for transactions
- Added 51% attack resilience
- Fixed bug preventing you from unhiding hidden mining console
- Fixed the bitcoin getblock and getblockhash commands

Exchanges, please PM me for keypair information, the new gridcoind will not sync by default after it is built.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.