Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29991 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:33:30 PM

What I can see on Bitfence homepage? "STINGMINER LAUNCH IN: 32 days". They raised their require funds (2000 ETH Goals)? Anyone have any information about it? How much amount they raised yet?
What happened their 2000 ETH goals in stage -1? I thought they have stage 2 also. But don't know why they changed suddenly here? Stingminer launching plan was in Q3 or Q4?

Nothing wrong with them bringing it forward! The crowdsale was meant to end in July though, so not sure what's happened there

Stingminer launch is after 32 days, mean 1st week of July. So may be they will launch stingminer and simultaneously keep the crowd sale going? After seeing the successful launch of products, may be more and more people will join token sale.

I guess so too, it's a marketing strategy, a working product means project plan is solid, I agree with the wisdom behind the move

I agree. It's nice strategy. I can see token sale is not going fast. And I was expecting some different approach from BitFence team. It's good they decided to launch product during ICO
Yeah it will give the ico a good boost because if they have a working product they are already making a lot of profit.

It will certainly help within 30 days when they release the stingminer - this will get alot more people interested when it's released, I'm sure many people will be interested to download it and see how it works

Huh guys. This is one is really great. They will launch the stingminer just like they told us in the roadmap. So they completed the sales now do they ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:08:04 PM

What I can see on Bitfence homepage? "STINGMINER LAUNCH IN: 32 days". They raised their require funds (2000 ETH Goals)? Anyone have any information about it? How much amount they raised yet?
What happened their 2000 ETH goals in stage -1? I thought they have stage 2 also. But don't know why they changed suddenly here? Stingminer launching plan was in Q3 or Q4?

Nothing wrong with them bringing it forward! The crowdsale was meant to end in July though, so not sure what's happened there

Stingminer launch is after 32 days, mean 1st week of July. So may be they will launch stingminer and simultaneously keep the crowd sale going? After seeing the successful launch of products, may be more and more people will join token sale.

I guess so too, it's a marketing strategy, a working product means project plan is solid, I agree with the wisdom behind the move

I agree. It's nice strategy. I can see token sale is not going fast. And I was expecting some different approach from BitFence team. It's good they decided to launch product during ICO
Yeah it will give the ico a good boost because if they have a working product they are already making a lot of profit.

It will certainly help within 30 days when they release the stingminer - this will get alot more people interested when it's released, I'm sure many people will be interested to download it and see how it works

Huh guys. This is one is really great. They will launch the stingminer just like they told us in the roadmap. So they completed the sales now do they ?

I am not sure about the completion if sales and i think it was paused for kyc implementation from the bitfence team at least we now have to worry about stingminer release in 30 days.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:35:19 PM

Apart from the fact that one gets paid to lure hackers, the feeling of being part of something important give one a nice feeling and the believe that you're helping to make the internet  safer has a nice ring to it.

Was just thinking, how will it really feel in reality? I mean if just the thought of it alone makes one feel nice about, how will the act of literally nabbing a hacker feel like?? #FBI_feeling y'all Grin

Do you physically get s hacker? No, you just have the ability of detecting and preventing a hacker from gaining access to a network.

Of course you don't physically get the hackers, by "literally nabbing a hacker" I meant the feeling of being paid and knowing you just reduced the numbers of hackers in the world by one. I mean then it won't just be a statement any more but an act.

Lmao physically getting a hacker.. But yeah, mining rewards from capturing hackers fingerprints is going to be a great feeling.

Knowing that you have made the internet a safer place to be at through the sake of mining using a small little device such as a raspberry pi - not only that but you will be getting rewarded in HNY tokens - which in my opinion will go up in value with the success of this project

Yea, exactly, i like the fact that they embedded the concept of value and simplicity in the token as those are the key to a successful brand, the project is offering a lot and i do hope they achieve the needed target, i really can't wait to have a taste of the technology and see it in active use, have a reputable market base and a massive good rating
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:46:02 PM

Apart from the fact that one gets paid to lure hackers, the feeling of being part of something important give one a nice feeling and the believe that you're helping to make the internet  safer has a nice ring to it.

Was just thinking, how will it really feel in reality? I mean if just the thought of it alone makes one feel nice about, how will the act of literally nabbing a hacker feel like?? #FBI_feeling y'all Grin

Do you physically get s hacker? No, you just have the ability of detecting and preventing a hacker from gaining access to a network.

Of course you don't physically get the hackers, by "literally nabbing a hacker" I meant the feeling of being paid and knowing you just reduced the numbers of hackers in the world by one. I mean then it won't just be a statement any more but an act.

Lmao physically getting a hacker.. But yeah, mining rewards from capturing hackers fingerprints is going to be a great feeling.

Knowing that you have made the internet a safer place to be at through the sake of mining using a small little device such as a raspberry pi - not only that but you will be getting rewarded in HNY tokens - which in my opinion will go up in value with the success of this project

Yea, exactly, i like the fact that they embedded the concept of value and simplicity in the token as those are the key to a successful brand, the project is offering a lot and i do hope they achieve the needed target, i really can't wait to have a taste of the technology and see it in active use, have a reputable market base and a massive good rating

Catch hackers and get rewarded also, it will be definitely awesome feeling. I am just waiting for the actual launch of the product or some live demo before that.
Soslumisir

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:47:38 PM

As cryptocurrency growth at this exponential rate, i think the security will become more relevant in this space. Happy to see bitfence is making contribution to crypto space and make the ecosystem more resist to hacker.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:58:19 PM

I think the confusion over kyc is driving ICOs nuts as most think they are exempt then when they get advisors they end up getting advised to do kyc anyway to protect the project and company from issues down the line or that’s what I would imagine is the case

It would be nice for projects to do as much research as they can and probably get good advisers from the very beginning so that plans for kyc can be done from the on set.

I think the KYC is vital they need to sort it out to be able to proceed with the operation and the business itself. If they decided to cashout they need to have those documents ready to justify the source of funds. They also need to make sure no ML involved.

Nathan01

Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:03:57 PM

physically grabbing the hacker may sound funny at first, but I prefer the police grab him. Who knows what makes an angry mob with a hacker.
The approach of bitfence I like it better, once the hacker is recognized, he can do no more harm.
I do not know now, will Bitfence hand over hacker data to the police?

Interesting angle here, i am surprised I haven't seen it from this perceptive, IMO i don't think hackers will necessarily be handed over to the police station, i think it will be treated with case by case study and depends on the severity as well

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:09:28 PM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source
cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:32:52 PM

Yeah man I'm really hoping this project takes off, I've invested in the token sale and I will be buying a RPI or BeagleBoard so I can 'mine' $HNY because it will definitely increase in the future.

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:19:42 PM

Yeah man I'm really hoping this project takes off, I've invested in the token sale and I will be buying a RPI or BeagleBoard so I can 'mine' $HNY because it will definitely increase in the future.

Likewise, you can get like the new Model 3 Pi for something like £30, so even if it's just an experiment to see how the StingMiner goes, I think it'll be 100% worth every penny of that £30 lol
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

I think the confusion over kyc is driving ICOs nuts as most think they are exempt then when they get advisors they end up getting advised to do kyc anyway to protect the project and company from issues down the line or that’s what I would imagine is the case

It would be nice for projects to do as much research as they can and probably get good advisers from the very beginning so that plans for kyc can be done from the on set.

It is a long old procedure especially when the community is rapidly forever growing, I expect they will be expanding resources to help manage as the project expands further.

Can't wait for the stingminer to finally be released.

Will it be available for virtual machines too straight away?
phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:45:16 PM

It is a long old procedure especially when the community is rapidly forever growing, I expect they will be expanding resources to help manage as the project expands further.

Can't wait for the stingminer to finally be released.

Will it be available for virtual machines too straight away?

Releasing a Vm would be an awesome move I think especially to early members so that they could get to testing and seeing how the system works perhaps ona testnet not sure if that’s planned but would be cool perhaps even as a docker container would be nice to give flexibility but I don’t know the software vs hardware plans the team have
faulerwilli

Activity: 966
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:05:57 PM

I am not sure about the completion if sales and i think it was paused for kyc implementation from the bitfence team at least we now have to worry about stingminer release in 30 days.

yes, i have read a statement that the sale is paused for implementation of KYC.
this is the second project that i know, where a KYC is implemented in the middle of sale. Interestingly enough, this happened at exactly the same time as the ETH course went far down
but maybe that's just coincidence
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:26:14 PM

yes, i have read a statement that the sale is paused for implementation of KYC.
this is the second project that i know, where a KYC is implemented in the middle of sale. Interestingly enough, this happened at exactly the same time as the ETH course went far down
but maybe that's just coincidence

Thanks for the information. I know also a few Icos who are doing this, but not that many. I don't know if this is a smart idea. Did they tell us anything before this that they would do this ?

cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:39:10 PM

Likewise, you can get like the new Model 3 Pi for something like £30, so even if it's just an experiment to see how the StingMiner goes, I think it'll be 100% worth every penny of that £30 lol

Definitely, even if you only get your ROI back its still a worthwhile experiment! Also I've wanted an Pi for a long time so this is a good excuse to get one lol.

nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:04:12 PM

Definitely, even if you only get your ROI back its still a worthwhile experiment! Also I've wanted an Pi for a long time so this is a good excuse to get one lol.
You can get the money paid for the StingMiner back very fast if you mine NHY Tokens and when they hop on exchanges i think a lot of people would love one then.
ethtrader16
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 0

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 03:29:29 AM

But does anyone have idea how much ETH they raised yet? And wherever amount they received from investors, that sufficient to continue their project?
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:12:06 AM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source

I think the proactive approach with this one is what is most interesting. Since the honey pot would actively attract and analyze hacking attempts almost instantly and distribute to the rest of the network you are basically protecting before the attack happens.

Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:27:43 AM

Without adding value there is nothing else that will really make sense especially in this crypto cycle. Value addition is the key and when the community understands your purpose and see the need forbthe value you are trying to add,  trust them to give you the much needed support. That's a fact
gee777

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:47:39 AM

I think the proactive approach with this one is what is most interesting. Since the honey pot would actively attract and analyze hacking attempts almost instantly and distribute to the rest of the network you are basically protecting before the attack happens.

Also a more experienced hacker will know what a honeypot is and how it works. And can in turn use it against the miners. How can bitfence prevent this ?
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: