Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4386 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

We should not see bitcoin as part of illegal transactios because of those criminals. Bitcoin is just another victim. Those criminals are the ones who should be put into the limelight not bitcoin because of frauds.
martaga

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:59:08 PM

Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:45:08 PM

Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
It is interesting that you mention that, because based on the time that a person has been involved in crypto currency there could probably be fairly accurate assumptions based on that information alone. It would need to be compared to big news stories about Bitcoin that came out in the same time frame. I would wager that early adopters are far more likely to have been involved in crime than people who would just be getting into it in the last year.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:55:05 PM

It is interesting that you mention that, because based on the time that a person has been involved in crypto currency there could probably be fairly accurate assumptions based on that information alone. It would need to be compared to big news stories about Bitcoin that came out in the same time frame. I would wager that early adopters are far more likely to have been involved in crime than people who would just be getting into it in the last year.
Those criminals won't come to this forum to earn something for like we wanted. Maybe they are getting bitcoin through investment and able to use as currency because its transaction cannot track by anybody even the government but when investigating, bitcoin got affected by it which turns to be banned and bitcoin earners are affected as well.

alihasangoto

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

Not right to directly relate Bitcoin with the criminals. Crime took place with any currency but using Bitcoin for criminal activity is not a good option. As your transaction is easily accessed on blockchain by anyone. you will be traced easily.
nikonova

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:18:48 PM

Tat is one of the serious issue with anonymous payment options like bitcoins but you cannot ban it for this. You need to keep  the benefits of bitcoins in mind as well.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:28:52 PM

Criminals are attracted to bitcoins because of its anonymity and untraceability feature. Criminal organizations are reportedly into cryptocurrency for their money laundering operations. This is one of the reasons why I’m all for government recognition. To prevent bitcoins from being synonymous with illegal activities. It’s bad enough that some people think of it as a scam or a Ponzi Scheme. Regulations will greatly help bitcoin become mainstream.

kiky03

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:58:48 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have any business with criminals. But criminals have business with bitcoin. When they hire an intelligent person and master on how to manipulate or hack the secure system, criminals can have an access to millions accounts all over the world. And withdraw the money to expend in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:00:29 PM

Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist
Yes Bitcoin is really responsible for many criminal activity and due to this reason it is ban in many country. Bitcoin provide uninterrupted and untraceable money transaction facility. Due to this many terrorist organisation use it for their different purposes like kidnapping, murdering child pronography etc Smiley. Many Anti social people  use bitcoin as sources of scam. Bitcoin also provide opportunities to many criminal minded people to fraud people on the Internet. Many Businesses and politician using Bitcoin transaction facility for transfer their black money  Undecided
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:11:55 PM

It's even pathetic to talk about it. Bitcoin is being used widely by criminals and other bad people from the internet and only because they can use it makes it much more unable to lot of activities like this which can directly or indirectly affect us. It's true that government cannot take out those sites but still they are trying to make the internet a better place.
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:15:47 PM

Bitcoin is a secure online currency and its exchange system is online. So it is not possible to know when who Bitcoin used it. That is why hackers, terrorists and criminals use this bitkaye to accomplish their activities many times. Criminals or terrorists think Bitcoin is the middle of a safe transaction.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:01:56 PM

You're right, it's about people, not bitcoin. Criminals will use any currency that is convenient to them. Bitcoin has appeared - they use bitcoin, something else will appear, and they will use it. It always happens.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:15:23 PM

I believe that the connection of criminals with cryptocurrency, and the view that bitcoin is a currency for fraudsters - just silly gossip, fiction. Bitcoin is designed to improve the world, not to make life easier for criminals.

cutikanzilong

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:23:30 PM

in my opinion, I'm sure the police can hardly keep track of transactions in the form of bitcoins must use special methods to know the existing transactions. Besides, it is also the government's reason for banning bitcoin which they think bitcoin is a nest of crime deals
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:29:01 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

anyone can use anything if they really intended to. Specially bitcoin's anonymity function that can attract criminals to use it in illegal activity. This is why some government are vigilant with cryptocurrencies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

anyone can use anything if they really intended to. Specially bitcoin's anonymity function that can attract criminals to use it in illegal activity. This is why some government are vigilant with cryptocurrencies.

yes that's right. A lot have used it already for criminality. In most countries they use it as a front in investing firms. There are several cases reported already that people use bitcoin to attract investors then eventually run away with their money.

Menawikitajodohkok

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:35:15 PM

if we see many criminals who target and always lurking wallets of the bitcoiners are weak pengamannya. if stealing in the real world we can directly pidanakan. but if in the digital world bitcoin we can not report to the authorities. and already to be tracked .
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:57:26 PM

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous so I don't think that criminals can really hide their illegal activity if they are using bitcoin. There's a lot of privacy coins though around that might suit their needs, but I'm also against criminals taking advantage of the technology that crypto has to offer.

But I think that the government is doing its part and its just a matter of time before they could apprehend them even if it takes years to hunt and track them down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Thira

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:23:45 AM

Yes whether bitcoin existed or not, people would still steal. So stealing or criminalism would persist. Bitcoin is not the problem but human psychological make up. Scamming has been since the beginning of life even from the bible stories.

In our country they used the name bitcoin they pretended that they sell bitcoin but they are a scammer they fraud people but unfortunately they were apprehended by the police. Criminals were successful in their bad doings if you are lack of knowledge regarding said coin, because they will fool you many promises that comes out from their mouth they are a liar.
dangwapo311

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:36:11 AM

Bitcoin has been used and is still being used by criminals for many years. Actually bitcoin was commonly used as a mode of payments for illegal transactions in the darkweb. Every transactions made with bitcoin being anonymous and hard to track is one of the main factors that attracts criminals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: