Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:08:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4386 times)
andisuk

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

if bitcoin directly in say as a tool of criminals of course that is wrong because bitcoin has a myriad of benefits of goodness. not just bitcoin that can be used as a tool for crime but there is regular money as well, and whether people will assume if it is also a crime

BlockpassIDN

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:46:45 PM

Interpol are already using the bitcoin network to track criminals. Representatives from the organisation have spoken at events to describe this.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:08:28 PM

Since this is kind of difficulty things to do for police to tracking down every transaction related criminal activities, so the possibility can doing by the police with this kind of case are by involving some exchanges with further investigation. I'm sure if any party can see this as mutual agreement for both because these criminals things just making bad of Bitcoin popularity.
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:13:24 PM

Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:21:25 AM

Bitcoin is often accused by regulators as being a tool for money laundering by criminal organizations, but cryptocurrency is may simply be a different payment method for the same crimes.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:56:20 AM

Since this is kind of difficulty things to do for police to tracking down every transaction related criminal activities, so the possibility can doing by the police with this kind of case are by involving some exchanges with further investigation. I'm sure if any party can see this as mutual agreement for both because these criminals things just making bad of Bitcoin popularity.
Yes, right. each account registration for exchange must provide clear identity cards and facial photos. I think that's the thing to do.
Chamaplal123

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:01:14 AM

Bitcoin is favourite of criminals. What ever Bitcoin is in position is because of the criminals and dark web. Because they are the first adopter of Bitcoin
cryptomaster4

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast | Graphic Designer

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:21:46 AM

Yeah you're right.but I think it's need to regulate or fix correctly to bring bitcoin a legal one.And also I think it will happen soon.because some countries are banning cryptocurrencies.So someone need to find a method to fix this.

Crypto Since 2017
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:26:41 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I think what you are saying is true, bitcoin is being used by those people in the society hat has criminal intentions, but bitcoin itself as well as the whole cryptocurrency is not to blame, it is those people who are having these evil intentions. Anything can be used as a tool for a crime, but it doesnt mean that that tool is created for that crime, its the people not the tool.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:45:52 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Right the main problem here is the people itself and not this new trend of currency the bitcoin and the blockchain technology.Hackers,scamners,terrorist and other criminals were already there even if bitcoin doesn't exist that is why we can't blame bitcoins existence because alot of people benefited from it in which we earn extra money from this cryptocommunity,bitcoin has never harmed anyone nor it lifts up every peoples life whose been a part of this crypto community.

signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:30:34 AM

indeed bitcoin is always preached with badness and criminality because we also know bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere and there is no guidelines or rules governing bitcoin usage, all back again to the investors with what purpose they invest
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:42:25 AM

Bitcoin is one of the platform for criminal to raise fund or to transfer fund. But now there is a private coin that more privacy that criminal would prefer because the blockchain allow the users to track and someone manage to track down a few of the criminal activities.

Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

I completely agree with you, it is not the creation of bitcoin, it is the people who are so selfish that they will do anything just for the money. Bitcoin has nothing to do with the dirty works of men, it is just used by the greedy people to scam and fraud other people for their own benefit.
jayarbillones

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:28:12 AM

for me Stealing or criminalism would still persist. Scamming has been here since from the very beginning,Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
sulec70

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:37:41 AM

Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins. Lets not forget that before the invention of cryptocurrencies; issues of hacking, terrorism and other nefarious activities were still on record; why do we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals
Openly, it must be accepted that bitcoin can be used for illegal transaction. Bitcoin can be hacked or stolen. Besides that also must be realized that it can be used to buy drug, buy weapon, terrorist funding even money laundry. These illegal use should be overcomed together to support bitcoin growth because it can also bring a lot of benefits to people.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

Although you have the rank of beginner in this forum, I like your reasoning and I completely agree with you. But unfortunately not all people think so, and some think quite the opposite.
parlerm

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:56:33 AM

Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it. This we need to convey to others so that others do not misunderstand.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

Bitcoin is one of the platform for criminal to raise fund or to transfer fund. But now there is a private coin that more privacy that criminal would prefer because the blockchain allow the users to track and someone manage to track down a few of the criminal activities.

Beside from raising fund and transferring fund, scam which is considered also as a crime that can be committed by anyone is also widespread in bitcoin. But more importantly, it depends on person itself if he/she wants to commit bad deed, and I hope that most of us has a good intention in using the bitcoin.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:23:56 PM

Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins. Lets not forget that before the invention of cryptocurrencies; issues of hacking, terrorism and other nefarious activities were still on record; why do we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals
Openly, it must be accepted that bitcoin can be used for illegal transaction. Bitcoin can be hacked or stolen. Besides that also must be realized that it can be used to buy drug, buy weapon, terrorist funding even money laundry. These illegal use should be overcomed together to support bitcoin growth because it can also bring a lot of benefits to people.

the real problem here lies only in the individual that misuse something that does not fit the actual function. For example, drugs, drugs - these drugs were created to help the medical personnel in the process of operation and others, but there are unscrupulous individuals who abuse these drugs and traded illegally. Just as the actual bitcoin was created to help the transaction process get better, instead used as a means of money laundering and terrorist financing.
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:30:46 PM

Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it. So it is regulated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: