Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4367 times)
massguru

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:55:38 PM

Well, unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways.. I believe that in time more people will know about bitcoin and they’re gonna understand the main idea..

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:04:01 PM

The use of money by terrorists does not mean that the concept of their existence is bad or that their production must be stopped. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions. These transfers are much cheaper than traditional banks, and Bitcoin's concept of anonymity has been built on a human inalienable right to privacy and freedom in making decisions within the limits of the law. The possible use of Bitcoin by terrorists is a delicate flaw on his person and, as in the case of cash, he should not eliminate it from everyday and widespread use. History has proven many times that technology is not bad, only people who use it.
TRON0824

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:14:13 PM

yeah i agree , they using bitcoin . they using the word bitcoin to scam other people just what happen here in our country. this company is using bitcoin they promise that if you invest in this what you call scampany you have 25% profit after 16 days . worth of 17,329,500 in usd . they scam .
Gen-8

Activity: 169
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:26:02 PM

This is the act of a group of irresponsible people who have abused the good function of Bitcoin, and of course this must be followed up by the police to look for these people.
I think it's not from Bitcoin that's wrong, but from those people.
People who know Bitcoin are, I think, smart people, but unfortunately there are some people who have misused their intelligence to do things that make them stupid.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:51:20 AM

Actually Bitcoin is not completely untraceable. Every transaction should be listed in the blockchain and the federal agency able to check it, as in the article I found http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/why-criminals-cant-hide-behind-bitcoin
Federal agents can retrieve data from many places and match them that can be used as an evidence.
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:23:56 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yes, I believe that the real problem here is the society they abused the use of bitcoin which causes some bitcoin user disturbance in their use of bitcoin or some of us feels unsafe when using bitcoin without proper use of bitcoin may cause a lot of trouble in the company, investors and the users so If I were you use it wisely.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:29:40 PM

The problem is not BItcoin itself. It's the society. The World needs to be balanced. Good and bad work together for the survival of the world. So those are beyond our limits we can only reduced it but can't eradicate it.

Yes. We do not have that power to stop it all. Only preserve the good that bitcoin will give by spreading the good news and what will it be in the future.

I guess there are really people who wont fight fair. First thing they will think about is how to cheat and make faster money. Or it might be the right thing for them, based on their own perspective.
Best thing to do is let the future decide. As long as there are great supporters then we wont have much problem.
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:29:49 PM

We can't avoid with both of that, not only bitcoin all other that have price can make someone be criminal
We know all the the bad thing cause of gold or other thing that have a price
Its all depend from the person on how he/she use or he/see get

xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 03:33:25 PM

Well, unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways.. I believe that in time more people will know about bitcoin and they’re gonna understand the main idea..
About the misuse of something being a crime tool, it all depends on the person using it. Could be, bitcoin and fiat used as a crime tool, have you ever heard of a web deep? How deep is that no one knows. All things have the potential to serve as a crime tool.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:35:05 PM

Right, bitcoin is not a threat, bitcoin is an opportunity, maybe you heard the news of a bitcoin heist where blockchain and AI helped Dubai cops to catch those criminals. which means, criminals cannot use bitcoin anymore - they will get caught. so, criminals will keep using the fiat, cash notes and golds as they are usinig for centuries.
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:27:39 PM

The problem is not BItcoin itself. It's the society. The World needs to be balanced. Good and bad work together for the survival of the world. So those are beyond our limits we can only reduced it but can't eradicate it.
Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes, they may have used Dollar pond, Euro and any other currency which find it suit for their activities, they will surely use bitcoin if they find it more easy and convenient for their activities. not a single currency is specially created for the criminal people.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
OLX

Activity: 173
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:06:10 PM

Like I've said before, you cannot blame bitcoin for people's misuse of the technology. Just like you can't blame a gun for wars. It is the people who use the power incorrectly who ruin it for everyone
Al Wahhaab

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

they can not unite among criminals and bitcoin why so it's only an analysis for them if there is a criminal in bitcoin where the latest proof is a lot of negative news about bitcoin that bitcoin can be used criminals to: transfer money criminals like money selling drugs from corruption and there are many but all of them are just the analysis of jurists and there is no evidence whatsoever
Thyristor

Activity: 471
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:26:47 PM

This topic is very old and i think no need to ask same question about illegal activities by BTC.Yeah it's true BTC is used in many illegal activities such as money laundering and specially criminals and drug addicted people used BTC.I think there are no way to is stop because there are no identity showing in BTC transaction.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:40:11 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I think that's one of the bad side of the cryptocurrency market. Since it is geared to be private and have virtually no paper trail for its transactions, it can be used in that means to actually perpetrate illegal acts, which in turn, could be used by criminals in their own shady acts, especially because, money trail is one of the common ways how criminals be blown out of their cover. By finding something that they can use to avoid their transactions to be seen, they would surely use it to their advantage.
Lorin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:25:04 PM

Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening.We cannot deny the fact that Bitcoin can be involve in any illegalities happening now because of some people who is against crypto.We cannot please anyone to use Bitcoin for good things, it will depends on them on how they use Bitcoin.
Timok Abiodun

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:50:04 PM

Law enforcement is concerned that virtual currencies like bitcoin
already known to be used for illegal transactions, including sex and drug trafficking
will play an even bigger crime role as more investors use it as their preferred payment choice.

Digital or virtual currency, often referred to as cryptocurrency,
is not regulated by any central authority or government.
Although local entrepreneurs say cryptocurrency has many legitimate uses,
the speed and relative secrecy of the transactions have also been known to attract criminals.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:55:54 PM

This applies to terrorists and hackers. And you imagine how much money is laundered by ordinary big businessmen and investors. This after all, too, can be called fraud on some side.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:01:09 PM

Those acts are totally dependable on those people who are desperately wanted to obtain Bitcoin and do not know the essence of doing hardwork to earn and gain for their own purpose. To be used as a thing to support or fund out terrorism was not really the main intention why Bitcoin was made. It is just that people are being mislead and just doing their thing of using it as a currency to do such things which makes the image of Bitcoin bad and that must not be blamed into Bitcoin because in the first place, we people are the ones who have the ability to think that is why it is the people's mindset that must be turn into right use and not Bitcoin to be said as a bad one.
tesmark07

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:06:25 PM

Well it is so hard to prevent the criminality to bitcoin industry..
But I think the best way for prevention is to have a sufficient knowledge and be careful with your passwords to avoid hackers in their criminal beings. We must wisely anytime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: