Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
olatslodi

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:12:13 PM

Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laserfocused

Activity: 171

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:28:16 PM

I agree with you, we can get tighter regulations but criminals will always be amongst us.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:48:39 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

True. Just like money, bitcoins can be used to buy illegal things and contraband including guns and drugs. When given to the wrong hands, bitcoins can be a medium to do evil, just like money. It's no different to money, but the way I see it, it's the people and their motives are the problem.

bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:49:49 PM

Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening.We cannot deny the fact that Bitcoin can be involve in any illegalities happening now because of some people who is against crypto.We cannot please anyone to use Bitcoin for good things, it will depends on them on how they use Bitcoin.
But in that case many people blame bitcoin that with bitcoin the chances are more. I will like to add that the criminals are often the uneducated people who do not know to earn money in the legal way so they scam others while bitcoin is mostly used by educated and they are not mostly criminals.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Unfortunately like fiat, Bitcoin has fallen into the dirty hands of these criminals. Using Bitcoin as payment for their illegal operations due to its decentralization and anonymity. It is sad that one of the greatest accomplishments of man has been stained by these people. This is one disadvantage of Bitcoin. Since it is digital and is an open access, anyone can get hold of it and use it as they wish...

markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:37:37 AM

You've got the point there, bitcoin is kinda just like payment system that many people use for different purchase item. Bitcoin kinda help many people that don't own CreditCard, VISA, etc that need much maintenance for owning those kind of payment system. The one that fault is each individual that use bitcoin to do some illegal purchase.
Akichiva23

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:42:20 AM

There is really nothing that can be done concerning The use of BTC by criminals, Bitcoin is an open platform over which anyone's participation is welcomed, The  criminal might be using it for transaction, but it doesn't mean that BTC is the reason why they exist. Without Bitcoin, such activities will still be on going
XwWnu

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:42:51 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yes true, the criminality that uses bitcoin is purely the fault of the criminal. Bitcoin is just a tool, just like banknotes used to buy weapons to rob or buy drugs. So the authorities must be wise in this regard.
Quantum907

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:06:55 AM
Merited by Mr. Legendaris (5)

This is something that many countries fear, when the bitcoin feature is anonymous then everyone thinks that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions so the best way is to banned bitcoin.

Thank you
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:15:50 AM

This is something that many countries fear, when the bitcoin feature is anonymous then everyone thinks that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions so the best way is to banned bitcoin.
It must be admitted that bitcoin transactions are so difficult to trace that for anyone free and secure for bitcoin transactions including for illegal activities such as drug transactions, terrorists and so forth, but with this fact the government should immediately make regulations, not banned.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

Yes criminals and bitcoin is connected. Actually I hear about that there's a people that using bitcoin to make a illegal activities. We all know that the transaction here in bitcoin is secured and safe so that you will not know if they will do it for some illegal activities or to do crime. Just like what other said it's better if they will add security here so that criminals can't use this.
Lataman

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:45:07 AM

I do not think that bitcoin is encouraging any illegal activities. Majority of people are using it as an investment medium only. Some people might be using it for illegal activities but they are not going to become saints even if bitcoin is banned.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:50:24 AM

Bitcoin exchanges are anything but difficult to follow with how its blockchain resembles an online book that everybody can peruse through. Individuals don't really appreciate any type of long haul protection. Sooner or later you may and will probably be connected to particular exchanges, which is something individuals don't consider at present. I am very certain that a substantial level of the vindictive utilization found itself to cryptographic forms of money concentrated on offering individuals the security they are searching for. Bitcoin's open nature is precisely why I firmly trust that it will never be prohibited, where the coins offering security highlights will probably experience a less amicable treatment, however it's not by any stretch of the imagination an issue with how decentralized trades acquire ubiquity. Protection coins will work principally as section and leave focuses.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:18:24 AM

I do not think that bitcoin is encouraging any illegal activities.

If you watch various Youtube videos about Darknet (a criminal unerground network that serves as a place for various crime activities) you`ll notice that all transactions there are made with cryptos like Bitcoin, ETH, Litecoin etc. If there`s a demand there will be a supply.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:29:10 AM

Criminals and bitcoin are not same because criminals do bad things and bitcoin do good things. Yes bitcoin can use by criminals for their transaction to do bad things, they can use it to buy drugs, guns, illegal weapons, and other illegal things. While bitcoin have many advantages, you can use it in any transaction such as payment, investing, trading or other things to earn more money. Don't compare criminals to bitcoin because they are not the same.
Marvelio

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:38:03 PM

The criminal activity all the time but the Man itself is to blame, they commit the crime, the Government will not allow the decentralized currency, they can not control. And the authorities can not just forbid bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a problem but psychological human make. Scamming has been early in life even from stories of all aspects.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:41:18 PM

I hesrd it too, some criminal acts are usually happen in Internet like in deepweb and darkweb. These sites are usually used bitcoin to buy some illegal products. Yes, you are right. Bitcoin is just a money, it is not the problem, the problem is the human who are using it and their mindset about some issues in our society.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
sabarr

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:45:24 PM

yes, bitcoin has now been used for crime and the government can not track or know the use of money in bitcoin, is one of the reasons why the government forbids the use of bitcoin
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:14:13 PM

In the field of cryptocurrency, the existence of KYC really is needed especially to handle various cases that occur around the cryptocurrency. Unfortunately, this procedure has been rejected by most crypto users so this makes KYC was difficult to apply.

buiduc

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

Crime and bitcoin can not be separated because we know bitcoin using wallet that can not be tracked by the government though. Thus many criminals use bitcoin for their illegal needs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: