Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:00:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

Currently bitcoin has been widely used for crimes because their crimes are difficult to trace if transactions use bitcoin, that is the reason why the government forbids the use of bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:58:36 PM

We need to understand that the illegal activities like drug dealing, terrorism, money launderung etc have existed before and that is not smart to connect all of them to the creation and development of the bitcoin. Like saying the bitcoin is the only evil thing in the world does not make any sense.

Saying drugs is only for criminals but the fact it is also being used in medical surgery, it is called generalizing.
Even fork is dangerous in then hand of murderer, and knife is good in the hand of cook
Dont blame the tool, blame the users

markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Hi there brawdias! I go with your optimistic idea. But, some fool will just tell you. If guns will not be use by criminals or terrorist so therefore guns is not dangerous and the only danger you will feel is not thru the gun but its user. We all knew that behind those incredible innovation is a danger. What matter most is how people will use it, or how people could exploit it. So far, i see more people use the blockchain and the cryptocurrencies in good transaction. Yes, there are bad ones, but we cant remove the fact that even a gumball which make people happy, could be use to end ones life.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:05:58 PM

Bitcoin is just like our real money it can be the reason to commit a crime or used to commit a crime. It just really depends on how the person is using it and that is why police come in and to do investigations for those who commit crimes. The Internet can be also the source of crime but the government doesn't shut down the internet because it can be also their source to find the criminals there are cons and prons but in reality, bitcoin is just another currency which people wants. We should not blame bitcoin for the wrongdoings of the criminals.
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:35:30 PM

A huge number of criminals and terrorists use the dollar to pay for drugs and weapons, while no one prohibits the dollar. By the way, the bitcoin has an open network and everyone can control the movement of the BTC from start to finish and sooner or later the criminal can be calculated.

kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:48:01 AM

today many of the criminals are looking for ways and opportunities to be able to commit his crimes and I think bitcoin can be used for crime because transactions in bitcoin are difficult to trace and the government can not control bitcoin
S_tring

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

it is a pity that our favorite bitcoin somehow connected with crime. I very much hope that eventually it will be regulated

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
diego ramos

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

in the bitcoin forum there are bad people, people who work always open the bitcoin user wallet to scrape up the contents, but the bad guys have become not evil because follow bitcoin because bitcoin gives busyness and gives big advantage for its user ..
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

I think the best way to stop these Criminals, is that we need to be vigilant at all times. Yes, we all want to earn money but if we are always in a rush, then some bad guys will take advantage of it and fool you. we must know that it's better to be safe and secured. we should always have the benefit of the doubt in every investment or transaction that we do. always ask and never show them that you're so eager and interested.
hasbihafis

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:27:49 PM

Many public misconceptions about the many uses of Bitcoin by criminals, but the thought is wrong thinking. This thinking is caused by the large number of people who think that Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact Bitcoin is so opposed to it - all transactions Bitcoin transparent and everyone in the world can see the ongoing Bitcoin transaction.
Ghayoor

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

I sometimes even feel sorry for bitcoin, as it is unfairly called cryptocurrency for criminals... And what's the point if criminals can use any currency?
crime is different thing and bitcoin is a currency and i will advise to criminels stop misusing of bitcoin because bitcoin is helping humanity around the world.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

You are absolutely right, that's the main cause of government policy in the world banned bitcoin. We know that bitcoins are transparent, fast, and easy to use but every transaction only uses the non-owner address. In my opinion, this is one of the country's considerations for approving bitcoin entry. In addition, from the first Internet is used as the main tool to communicate and transact with the internet then all can be resolved. Certainly, the government will think of the best way to manage and solve problems that are in bitcoin.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
DavitRoi

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:39:48 PM

bitcoin is not committed with crime,criminals are committed with it and if criminal want they can make crime without bitcoin so bitcoin is not main issue to create crime.So the use of bitcoin depends on people how they use it.i wish very soon the government will think of the best way to manage and solve problems that are in bitcoin,so we should not blame bitcoin for this crime.
adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:33:02 AM

Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it,Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it,so i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.
Accertarsi

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:37:52 AM

Criminals always want to utilize technology in a large scale.Bitcoin is losing its shine with a portion of its soonest and most devoted fans - culprits - offering ascend to another type of virtual money.Worryingly for investors, they believe that the sheer popularity of the cryptocurrency amongst criminals is a major contributor to its value.
uwouw0

Activity: 196
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:43:42 AM

Scamming has been here since from the very beginning,Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
mobiljonson

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:54:01 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Basically bitcoin has a decentralized system because transactions are so transparent that it is difficult to track by the police. Therefore it is very safe if the bitcoin transaction is done
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:58:35 AM

Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it,Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it,so i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.

With or without bitcoin  crimes in the internet are commited. There are some people who are doing it on purpose in order to discourage bitcoin investors and users. Some do it for easy money. I hope that this people will be caught. So bitcoin is not part of the crime.
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:04:31 AM

The thing is, almost everything can be corrupted and use in evil ways. Even a simple spoon can be use for crime. Do we have to ban the use of spoon because criminals are also using it too? Of course not. It all depends on how well the authorities to stop crime. They just can't blame bitcoin as the cause of these crimes.
melinda29

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:09:09 AM

During the first two or two and a half years after the appearance of Bitcoin, he was interested almost exclusively in cipher, hackers, cryptoanarchists and network libertarians. Accordingly, the main place of use Bitcoin as a means of payment was the Tor network. It is this network that is the refuge of marginal and criminal cyber subcultures.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: