Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
Gayidnvf

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:16:51 AM

I agree with you, we can get tighter regulations but criminals will always be amongst us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:03:45 AM

Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.
indeed bitcoin is a criminal when we can not be said as a criminal, we are not stealing and even hacking a bank that exists in various countries. we also get it by own business and not concerned with the government or certain parties that exist in the country itself or other countries and even other countries have already agreed with the existence of bitcoin and already recognize this bitcoin. this is what I submit and I can distribute in this forum so and thank you.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:26:51 AM

It must be acknowledged that the presence of bitcoin makes a big impact for criminals to transact, now they are free and never worried about using bitcoin for transactions that make many countries angry with bitcoin,
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:46:58 AM

between crooks and bitcoins, in fact bitcoin is the perfect tool for use in good and evil,
example
in the use of the goodness of bitcoin can be done in the inter-state financing very quickly in its transactions, and many more examples of it,
whereas in crime bitcoin used can be in money laundering, or else its illegally folded,
and to anticipate the crime every country that legalize bitcoin must already have its antidote,
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:59:50 AM

actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make any payment, so bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad action because it can damage the good name bitcoin.
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:14:04 AM

Bitcoin is money not a crime. If you blame bitcoin as a reason for committing a crime, you're wrong.
Maybe getting the bitcoin is easy, like you just sit and relax all day and you get a lot of salary every day. But for me, bitcoin is too valuable for these things. So, this all goes back to the individual mindset
Raidal

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 07:16:34 AM

I strongly disagree if bitcoin is scapegoated into a bridge in crime transacting. Bitcoin and blockchain are very good and great technology. It's just that the irresponsible people are misusing the development of this technology for bad things and more harm to society. I suggest character education so that the morale of these irresponsible people can change. Character education can be started at the smallest level of family and school.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
VUToken

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:26:31 AM

Bitcoin is a medium of value transfer, not a tool for criminals. Like all things, it can be used for nefarious purposes, against its original intent. But consider, with its unique physical and anon properties, fiat has and will be the largest facilitator of illicit transactions  Wink Unlike a blockchain (possibly the dimmest way to conduct an illegal transaction), cash tells no tales.
rexona

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:27:18 AM

very unfortunate if bitcoin is used for negative things, it will make bitcoin seen more negatively by some circles, while bitcoin is very advantageous if using it the right way, hopefully for countries that have legalized bitcoin can make legal umbrella, so bitcoin is not used for negative things.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 07:32:11 AM

Bitcoin was never involved all those crimes, the criminals did. They just using bitcoin as their own personal motives to use illegal ways. It is impossible to trace just by looking or referring only on transaction so literally any criminals acts using bitcoin can get away easily.

oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:37:56 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Who cares. It is the same question as electricity consumption. Nocoiners get so hot when they think about it, when in reality electricity is spent on billion things, and it is dumb, but nobody is talking about it. Same is with criminals and bitcoin...

This is just the truth. The concept of bitcoin is to fairly change the society financially. The criminals using Bitcoin for their nefarious  activities are the evil and not bitcoin. If all will possible respect the principles of bitcoin there will be no problem. Bitcoin will always overcome.
seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:43:02 AM

many issues say if bicoin is criminalized. bitcoin can be linked to money laundering, drugs, fraud and even terrorism. no wonder nowadays many countries are governing the use of bitcoin in order not to be used for the criminal and harming many parties.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:44:22 AM

bitcoin as crypto currency or also called the digital currency is very vulnerable to crimes such as hackers, phishing and other crimes. this currency is also very difficult to set and difficult to control so this currency is very easy to be a crime media
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:45:02 AM
Merited by reality18 (1)

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Hackers, terrorists and criminals are every where associated with different fields - not only with Bitcoin. Just as you can get people using BTC as means of funding terrorism, you can get equally the same number or even people using the USD or any other fiat currency for funding terrorism. I don't buy into such claims against bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies in general. They are all false news to spread FUD.
Bitcoin was created for the purpose of making financial transactions very easy, secured, transparent, and with low costs.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:51:14 AM

It's hard to find out especially on computers, many hackers in the world, we do not know which country is doing illegal use of Bitcoin, it's difficult for the police, we just really need to be careful of our websites especially fake account.
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:52:19 AM

I agree, just like guns aren't the problem but I feel like there are monetary reasons why some people hate BTC. But there is the other camp that loves it. It will be a battle for a while I think.
jakoylantern

Merit: 107

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:55:38 AM

For me, yes some criminals want to use bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can transact some currency in an almost anonymous way. In the early days of bitcoin, some people use bitcoin to buy some illegal stuff like drugs and more, that is the main reason why bitcoin become controversial, and some country want to prohibit it. We can’t blame bitcoin’s capability because anonymously transacting your currency is superb right. Also, the primary ability of bitcoin is uncontrollable, decentralized and can anonymously transact your currency.  Smiley
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:05:33 AM

Yes criminals and bitcoin are connected actually I heared also about a news that bitcoin is use for some illegal activities because criminals know that of they use bitcoin for their transaction they cannot be caught.
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:09:30 AM

Right, bitcoin isn't a risk, bitcoin is an opportunity, and its still too easy for criminals to utilize without being caught.
Maveric99

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:33:18 AM

you will no doubt know that more and more advanced technology is also a threat that equals the technology itself, so anyway we live can not avoid the various risks how we react and treat it for others. man is responsible for it all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: