Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 04:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4474 times)
Stromspirit

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:13:19 PM

there is no single authority of any entity to notify illegal transactions in bitcoin, with no actual link to the proof of the transaction can not be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses / transactions involved then they can get the entire address. only humans should be controlled with these errors should not be associated with any bad action with the emergence of cryptos.
ubander

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:25:34 PM

I agree with you, we can get tighter regulations but criminals will always be amongst us.
jlong187

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:20:45 PM

hi, you are right i think, people are different - someone use it for earning money, it is good, someone for buying guns. It is the theme for police in that country, but not for the Crypto
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:57:00 PM

Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist

Yes,  of course bitcoin is not responsible for any crime because it is just a currency that we use to make our transaction more easy than usual. 

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:47:23 AM

Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.

Bitcoin is not responsible for any crimes that happen in crypto world. It is the people that commit crimes their own. Bitcoin is just their factor or instrument of making crimes.
careCentre

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:21:50 AM

We human being is to blame because People commit the crimes, not bitcoin. Its a form of mechanism which people and the government just use as an excuse. Governments will not allow a decentralized currency, they cannot control. And the authorities cannot just bluntly ban bitcoin. That's why they use all kind of these stupid excuses to get rid of bitcoin. It's not because of the internet, nor because of dollars or bitcoin, those crimes are committed.
evanstinger

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 02:30:22 AM

Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist

True! Long before the days of bitcoin, criminals already exist and kicking!
With bitcoin or not, they will do what ever the f they gonna do anyway, no need to blame the cryptocurrency.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
S.R Rikto

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:36:53 AM

We all know Mattamata. Many financial experts alert Bitcoin trading and the risks associated with the existence of virtual currency systems in general. Due to limited supply, if the price goes up, there will be no buying position of Bitcoin, at the same time, the amount of electronic money raised by the brokers increases the security risk.
trutel

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:56:56 AM

now is not a new thing anymore, banwasanya many drug transactions that use bitcoin. The reason is that transactions using bitcoin are easier and less complicated. The solution is that the governments of each country must make a fair regulation so that bitcoin and bitcoin receivers are not harmed.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:33:42 AM

Your'e right the problem isn't with Bitcoin but with the people that abuse and exploit Bitcoin for their selfish gains. The government is still trying to make some things work in order to solve this kind of problem, that's why they put up regulations left and right about cryptocurrencies. These regulations are not bad and will only hinder the illegal affairs that Bitcoin has to address to.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:41:30 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I am believe that bitcoin or others cryptocurrency dont have relation with criminal activities. With growing cryptocurrency market, criminal using crypto for their activities and Its not related with cryptocurrency because they can use fiat money for their activities.
I think thats one of many reasone why cryptocurrency or bitcoin prohibite in some country and government
Mofoblitz

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:49:48 AM

Its quite unfortunate that Bitcoin has been related to crime,  there are a number of outlaws out there who re utilizing Bitcoins to make illegal transactions, The platform provides a free and secure medium of pay that is untraced not not monitored by anyone, Bitcoin itself dos not chose whom transacts and its not possible to know who makes what kind of transactions, on the other hand. With or without Bitcoins, there still could have been crimes, so the bLAME cannot entirely rest on BTC
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:01:59 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Yes, but I so believe that the police do have ways in order to track illegal activities that involves bitcoin as thier medium for payment. We all know that within local bitcoin trading site offer common kyc and this is one of the preliminary measure to help the government on detecting criminals that is using bitcoin.

KYC? As far as I know. KYC is usually used on investing on ICO Projects so how can they know the criminals lurking in there? And do you think that criminals will let themselves send their real identity on the internet where they will know that someone can know him or her? Criminals are not that easy to catch, especially the ones lurking on the internet, we just need to be very careful.
You are right, KYC cannot effectively detect a criminal using Bitcoin for illegal purposes as no criminal will deliberately give out their identity. For ICOs, the developers can be tracked through the KYC and AML they provide for SEC especially in America because these developers or team host seminars to unveil their project to others.
But the truth is, illegal transactions are not associated with only Bitcoin. You can find terrorists being funded with USD, EURO and whatever currency you can think of yet the governments are always on the one arising from Bitcoin. Quite weird, perhaps they have an ulterior motive.

mendra_2009

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:03:31 AM

That's true, since bitcoin is not a threat to a country, bitcoin is present as a savior for those who have financial problems. Bitcoin prices are always changing and to this day bitcoin has the highest price than any other coin. Many people have resolved financial problems in their lives through bitcoin , meaning bitcoin has a positive impact in the life of the people of a nation and state. there are some people who abuse the use of bitcoin for a negative or illegal activity, it is precisely the person who is a threat to a nation and a country that must be destroyed. So in fact the problem are in some people who abuse bitcoin rather than bitcoin.

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:04:11 AM

Criminal was before bitcoin and will be after bitcoin
No need discuss this problem and face it to the bitcoin

Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:09:18 AM

The existence of cryptocurrency is not to be blame for the occurrence of criminalities,fraud,illegal activities and other  
bad doings that can destroy peoples trust in the society where it is happening.Since this world created we are already accompanied by negative and postive things.The main problem was the people itself that does things that harms our fellow people.
If anyone sees bitcoins or altcoins existence as a plague on the society for me i see it as a blessings where i already benefited in it and help me on my needs and improves my knowledge as well.

Kiss me

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:17:27 AM

Hello everyone, in Russia you can now buy drugs for crypto currency. I think it's not very good. As it is necessary to fight this

Hello! Drugs can be bought not only for cryptocurrency. Darknet works in all the world and for cryptocurrency you will can buy everything that is sold there.

I think the Government only uses this as an excuse. The government will not allow a decentralized currency, they can not control. And the authorities can not just forbid bitcoin. That's why they use this excuse to get rid of bitcoin.
Criminal activity all the time. Not because of the internet, or because of dollars or bitcoins, the crime was committed. Human beings are to blame, they commit crime, not bitcoin.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:20:33 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is just a tool that those ill people use. They put a stain on Bitcoins name that's why the government is still cautious around cryptos. The regulations that the government make is not because they hate crypto or whatsoever its just to put these criminals at bay and for them to not abuse cryptocurrency.
gunungkembar

Activity: 575
Merit: 43

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

net bitcoin should not have a name or action that makes a bitcoin name to be ugly, if anyone uses bitcoin as illegal action it seems that it is very sad.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:22:35 AM

We can't avoid with both of that, not only bitcoin all other that have price can make someone be criminal
We know all the the bad thing cause of gold or other thing that have a price
Its all depend from the person on how he/she use or he/see get
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: