Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:57:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4367 times)
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:40:50 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin and crime news I think I have often heard because the act of irresponsible investors using bitcoin as a crime, again bad bad bitcoin depending on the intentions and goals of investors in investing
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:45:47 PM

Bitcoin must not be blamed on what criminals do. They only the name bitcoin for illegal transactions that why the growth of bitcoin also affect by the wrong doing of the criminals. Then why many making bitcoin to go down.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:48:54 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yeah, that is true. Bitcoin is also used in illegal transactions just like the fiat money, fiat is also used to buy illegal products so that mean bitcoin can also be used as payment to buy illegal things.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 11:53:14 PM

It is only a biased argument that would blame crime on bitcoin as if crime have not been with humans since creation. With or without bitcoin, criminals will find ways to smartly do what they want to do. Such arguments of bitcoin being used by terrorists and for money laundering are baseless in all sincererity. People that want to criticise bitcoin should help us by being more constructive than all these funny talks.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:17:29 AM

Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening. llegal things like this are a lot, because bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, no one can track the transaction that was made.
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:30:22 AM

certainly in bitcoin can not be denied there is also criminality. such as money laundering. fraud. drugs. irresponsible people who do so for their personal gain
Btcepoy11

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:32:57 AM

Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening. llegal things like this are a lot, because bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, no one can track the transaction that was made.

Yeah criminals are everywhere  and we don't know what's the next steps of those criminals. This is also the one reason why bitcoin price going down. Everyone can take a part of bitcoin even those criminals, and use it for illegal activities.
Ale88
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 2412

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:20:46 AM

It's always the same old story every single currency can be used to do something bad. Also a car can be used to do something bad, the same goes with a knife or even a simple screwdriver.
Cold_Zero

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:21:59 AM

For me, bitcoin will dependably have its favorable circumstances and impediments and also its qualities and shortcomings, which a few programmers ought to know about right now, we as a whole realize that bitcoins are generally available on the web and we have certain records we utilize so we can accomplish a remark cash of bitcoin. There is no reason for us pointing the finger at bitcoin for something awful that is utilized and also the most recent developments in taking care of financial issues far and wide.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:41:33 AM

I believe that every technology can be use for both good and bad things. For example, the internet has its dark side where in many bad things can be traded. But it doesn't mean that the whole internet is relating to bad things. Bitcoin gives us the possibility to share money directly without any interference and also transfers easily.
danielwang2112

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:45:05 AM

Those acts are totally dependable on those people who are desperately wanted to obtain Bitcoin and do not know the essence of doing hardwork to earn and gain for their own purpose.The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
purgs08

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:58:28 AM

if you hack or scam, that's not the problem of police Sad that's is your big problem.
dinnerk

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:02:17 AM

Before Bitcoin did not exist, these illegal behaviors already existed. Of course, they can now be more difficult to find through Bitcoin. But this is not related to Bitcoin. Even if there is no Bitcoin, this will happen.
David Vo

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:05:33 AM

criminals will always have this world, what more villains know that having the bitcoin can make it rich. Surely the villain will steal. So stealing or criminalism will last. Bitcoin is said to be a valuable currency for investors.
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:06:54 AM

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Yes its so difficult to ordinary police to trace the transaction of bitcoin to apprehend the criminals but my solution in this problem is upgrade the security of the world and hired a people who are the expert inters of bitcoin transaction and give them the authority to trace those people who are using bitcoin in their illegal activities in that way we can eliminate and lessen the people who use bitcoin in the illegal matters.

Criminals are commit crimes because it costs substantial amounts of money so it can make a person. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that help you to earn in a good way by investing or joining bounty campaign to earn. You don't need to do crimes to earn theres a lot of way to earn its not just doing crimes.
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:09:51 AM

many would think of bitcoin as a crime scene, better bitcoin should not be used for it, because criminal actions using bitcoin in my opinion it is a bad action and will make a good name bitcoin become polluted
Cryptolover8

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:10:09 AM

Criminals Now Used Bitcoin.Because Bitcoin Payment Program Very Secure.Who Give Bitcoin,Don't no receiver name Or Address.
bitcoinjasensatom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:10:20 AM

criminals will always have this world, what more villains know that having the bitcoin can make it rich. Surely the villain will steal. So stealing or criminalism will last. Bitcoin is said to be a valuable currency for investors.

Criminals exist in virtual or real world criminals will do everything just to get what they want. They will surely used bitcoin as they safety key to do there illegal transaction. As you can see even scammers would fake ICOs to scam and hackers will hack your wallet to steal. So you need to be careful in this.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Cyber criminals find easy money in crypto by hacking or scams and I think government crypto regulation can utilize this illegal activities but we don't know how it is being effective because criminals always found a way, they used the opportunity in crypto for their actions because bitcoin transaction is anonymous and they will not be trace.
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:14:39 AM

my meaning is not a bitcoin issue but the problem of users who use bitcoin for criminal purposes, as well as a knife that would be so useful if used for that thing but it would be very dangerous if used to hurt and even kill others
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: