Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:20:58 PM

Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. Using Bitcoin as payment for their illegal operations due to its decentralization and anonymity.

A vice will always be present in every life so only we are more careful about their work.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:29:07 PM

With the appearance of Internet appeared hackers, now with appearance of crypto appeared crypto scanners. Everything is logical and technological, we just can't pass it or run away from it. That's evolution how it is.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:34:15 PM

bitcoin is just a tool in hands of criminals like and fiat money that is also used for illegal activity. so we can't blame cryptocurrency in illegal actions.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:51:58 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
The July 2017 report prepared by the European Commission states that the risk of using cryptocurrencies for financing terrorism is unlikely. The report draws attention to the fact that virtual tokens such as Bitcoin require technical knowledge and skills to navigate the Internet and use computer programs. For this reason, it is not the most attractive form chosen when supporting terrorism.

In January 2016, Europol also published a report in which it officially stated that there is no evidence of lawbreaking by using cryptocurrencies and that no financing of terrorism was found through the use of virtual currencies.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:55:38 PM

People using crime to link to bitcoin is very wrong, bitcoin like every other commodity can be use for either good or bad purpose. Bitcoin like every other commodity and currency such as gold and the Euro or dollars it self can be use in which ever way the holder chooses to use them.
MontagueEugene

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:12:23 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin is just a tool in hands of criminals like and fiat money that is also used for illegal activity. so we can't blame cryptocurrency in illegal actions.
Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:12:39 PM

Criminality and bitcoin are two different sides. Besides before bitcoin came into existence, there were many ways people used to commit their crimes. I think people who hate bitcoin are just associating crime with bitcoin just to deter people from investment and bring it down. But bitcoin has always proven to be strong and is not failing anytime soon.
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:33:42 PM

I agree,  criminals are always In every plcae and everything, before bitcoin doesn't yet exist criminals already surrounds In our world. So all we gonna do now Is to secure and avoid suspicious person and prevent being victim of them.
CryptoDavies

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:23:11 PM

Criminals are involved in anything that involves money. Even fiat money are been stolen by hackers and fraudsters.  It takes a person who knows about bitcoin trading/investment to hack or steal bitcoin. I could remember a friend who mistakenly left the private key of his etherum wallet on his laptop and within some minutes his entire token was been moved from his account to the fraudsters account. Criminals are everywhere once money is involved.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:41:29 PM

Criminals and bitcoin has something to do in common, IMO. With the attribute of bitcoin being centralized, it became a perfect tool for criminal to extort, send or receive money without revealing themselves. That is why some countries ban bitcoin and cryptos in fears that cryptos is a threat for their security and safety.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
stimliall

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:10:05 PM

Because the blockchain data cannot be modified or deleted, each transaction is recorded on the blockchain and the records can be publicly accessed!
It is not impossible for criminals to conduct criminal activities through BTC. Blockchain technology can help police to track criminal activities!
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 11:10:44 PM

I see criminal activities to be a subject on their own and what these people do is that they look for a loop hole in a technical area and use it against the innocent people. Criminals had their own ways of getting paid when there was no blockchain and for that matter BTC. Why are governments not shutting down the internet because people use it for fraud? It is definitely because the intention of the internet is not to favour people to do their criminal activities but the loop hole in it has also helped bad people to do their things in favour of themselves.

notthepuma

Activity: 168

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:29:05 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that it is used for anti-proactive purposes! That's why bitcoins want to ban many countries. I believe that any thing created for good can be used otherwise!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Arrazi1507

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 11:30:46 PM

which I know blockchain actually records all our activities. so thanks to blockchain technology the police can easily know the crime suspects.
tamarindbleu

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:35:42 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that it is used for anti-proactive purposes! That's why bitcoins want to ban many countries. I believe that any thing created for good can be used otherwise!
For me criminals all over the world can able to used bitcoin and i think that it is one of the disadvantage of bitcoin, and we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone so i think many criminals all over the world is using  bitcoin for there transaction.
bungsoh

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:43:04 PM

This paradigm is already deeply rooted and widespread. I think this is not true because it discriminates too much cryptocurrency. Because in reality crime or financing does not always use crypto. The use of fiat money in crime is also very common.
The false paradigm is caused because the Bitcoin or crypto transaction is anonymous. It is. But this reason can not be used anymore, because to change Crypto to fiat money must pass Exchange. Exchange requires KYC.
miti251194

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:00:07 AM

In every sector there will be a culprit. If we count them as major then nothing can happen. We just have to find a way out to prevent it. Think about the sweet. If we cant keep it safe, it will be eaten by ant. There is no fault of the sweet. Just find the way to prevent it and use it for the good
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:24:59 AM

Any form of currency has illegal users, Bitcoin is no different. The vast majority of users do use it responsibly and legally, just as the vast majority use US dollars legally. But that does not mean one shouldn’t be vigilant when using bitcoin, just as you should be careful on the internet or on the street.
Sosad12

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:51:45 AM

I do not think that bitcoin is used for criminal purposes more often than paper money. Bitcoin is not a completely anonymous coin. Anonymous cryptocurrencies such as monero or dash can be used for criminal purposes.
nory51

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:59:38 AM

The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: