Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
mix max

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:10:28 AM

Wherever it is, there are criminals and anonymous transactions on bitcoin make it easier for them. Then how long will we discuss this? Perhaps with the enactment of the current KYC can suppress criminals who misuse bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:12:22 AM

Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
CryptoDavies

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:16:50 AM

It will be difficult for the police or any law enforcement agency to catch up with those who uses bitcoin for crime and terrorism for now because Govt. does not have access to the inflow and outflow of bitcoin. That is one reason bitcoin should be regulated so crime could be curtailed.
karisiak123

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:17:26 AM

yes it is whatever hackers they can want the same as criminals they will certainly act if there is a chance. therefore we must be careful especially with the private key of the wallet. do not fill in private keys in suspicious forms and do not tell others

MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:00:09 AM

Bitcoin does not do anything. They (criminals) simply use anonymous transactions on bitcoins. It will have an impact on the reputation of bitcoin, because it is used for something bad. It seems that bitcoin needs to improve the security system so criminality using bitcoin can be reduced or eliminated.
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:13:12 AM

Because the blockchain data cannot be modified or deleted, each transaction is recorded on the blockchain and the records can be publicly accessed!
It is not impossible for criminals to conduct criminal activities through BTC. Blockchain technology can help police to track criminal activities!
In fact The other people even police can not know who is transacting it's anonymous, Crimes committed can do anything to avoid being exposed. With the use of Bitcoin as their transaction is the right thing but could have a bad impact on Bitcoin's reputation.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Bairbe

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:20:38 AM

One of the biggest advantages of bitcoin is that it must be confidential, secure and unmanageable. And of course, it will be on the hands of criminals in dark net. The cryptocurrency gained a terrible reputation as soon as it was used for anonymous money transfer in the process of buying drugs on Silk Road.
What ordinary bitcoin users do not understand is that even though their names are protected by a chain of numbers and letters, this does not guarantee their complete anonymity. Most of the exchanges that sell bitcoin, like Coinbase, require that new users have uploaded pictures or even passport. In response, the exchange directly indicates that it will store information about the name, address, phone number of the user up to five years and provide them at the request of the authorities, if necessary.
 Embarrassed
The FBI made it clear that closely watching the development of bitcoin, and therefore the identity of people who use cryptocurrency for illegal activities, will gradually become clear. Of course, not everyone who uses bitcoin is a criminal. In addition, hackers already know that you need to hide the ends in the water. For the most part, only ordinary users should not expect any privacy from bitcoin. At the moment, cash remains the only way to remain incognito.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:23:47 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Another crime topic. Smiley

A gun won't kill a person if no one would pull the trigger, a gun can be used for self defense and to intentionalpy hurt others.

Whatever object it is, whatever is it made of is still be determined by the intention of the user or maker.

Bitcoin was made to serve as alternate currency, sadly because of it's anonymity people tend to use it for illegal transactions. Money were laundered before there was no cryptocurrency and it won't be long till criminals use it as their medium for transactions.
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:47:44 AM

True, bitcoin is just a blockchain system so do not blame the system. to blame is the person who uses it.
Bitcoin was created with a view to improving the world economy instead of destroy it
LionelRobinson

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:03:11 AM

yes some criminals want to use bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can transact some currency in an almost anonymous way. criminals can steal because of our negligence to keep our own assets .
harrylucky67

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used as well as the latest innovations in solving economic problems around the world.  Scammers and hackers they want to use bitcoin in illegal way and I think this some reason some country are not trust in bitcoin cause the scammers they give bad reputation in bitcoin.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

I don't ever believe that Bitcoin is the reason for many criminal activities going in the world. Before BTC existed people had their own unique ways of making illegal transactions and Bitcoin did not cause that. Bitcoin was made to serve a purpose of a "middlemanless" transsction so i think we cannot blame BTC

Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:47:55 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well said. I will also state that the bitcoin and most likely the internet, are innocent entities and only us, humans can abuse it and use it for bad purposes. But, the depreciation of bitcoin is also caused by the traffic in its movement. We all know that bitcoin has a humongous 21 million volume and that itself can slow down its movement and lower its price.  Roll Eyes
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:09:33 AM

Everything has a dark side so prohibiting bitcoin and other crypto currencies want help for a good social manner. Criminals will always find a way and by prohibiting crypto currencies want stop hackers or terrorists. Why we can't think of the better side of this and make this world a better place?

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
wuencds

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:14:18 AM

I very much agree with this view.
But people don’t think so. They think that because of Bitcoin, there will be more people who commit crimes.
Then it will refuse Bitcoin and even hate Bitcoin
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:29:38 AM

The design and previliges of bitcoin is open to all even to criminals.  This is actually the reason why the government has beeb very crucial with this platform for years now. Speculations states that big transactions or payments are done via bitcoin because it is untraceable who made the payment nor who were involved with. But personally everyone can be a potential criminal, we can not live in fear and contradictions always just because we cant control everything. There are just things that csnnot be controlled.
dario.93

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

first of all police must find them not for bitcoin illegal trades.. they must find them in real time, when they are doing crimes, money is the result of it
lucas nacho

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:12:01 PM

This is a scare tactic used to dissuade people from owning bitcoin. Most people who own bitcoin are upright people who simply want to invest in blockchain technology.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:14:13 PM

There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used as well as the latest innovations in solving economic problems around the world.  Scammers and hackers they want to use bitcoin in illegal way and I think this some reason some country are not trust in bitcoin cause the scammers they give bad reputation in bitcoin.

Government before making it legalize always check the advantage and disadvantages of the any new technology. If it is useful for people then they will legalize it considering that the disadvantage can be taped upon and will not impact much.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:18:17 PM

I think Yes they are bitcoin is clearly associated with this and keeping their savings is quite dangerous because it is very dangerous. It's a lot easier to steal and it might just drop in value so I think it's stupid.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: