Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
victoryana

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:49:43 AM

Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.
Occasionally we hear of hackers exploiting our loopholes or attempting to infiltrate our electronic wallets to steal the same coin we have. I should be wary the Criminals
melch100

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:18:08 AM

I think it's hard for the police to find the culprit. I think here the problem is with the individual. If a bitcoin is a wise and good person will not commit a crime. Bitcoin is not to blame, it is wrong that only individuals make bitcoin a network for committing a crime.

yeah, but we cannot avoid bad people to use bitcoin as their gateway to transfer dirty funds from one member to another, as it's untraceable and impossible to caught owner of that addresses.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
amsiran_irene

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 08:17:20 AM

I think it's hard for the police to find the culprit. I think here the problem is with the individual. If a bitcoin is a wise and good person will not commit a crime. Bitcoin is not to blame, it is wrong that only individuals make bitcoin a network for committing a crime.

yeah, but we cannot avoid bad people to use bitcoin as their gateway to transfer dirty funds from one member to another, as it's untraceable and impossible to caught owner of that addresses.
yeah i agree, Bitcoin is not built for this purpose it is humanity who do the dirty works. Technological advancement like Bitcoin is here to assist and help their lives for whatever purpose it will serve

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | 5+ Millions USD Raised
2 Millions Orders/s ▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:00:34 AM

This is just an excuse for those who hate bitcoin and do not settle for their ability to change the world.
There is crime everywhere using fiat and other reserves of value and this is not exclusive of the negotiations with crypto

Indeed, many peoples and many government hates on bitcoin because they can not take benefits. Criminal action and bitcoin dont have relation, its depending on our behaviour. If we using bitcoin for good and positive, bitcoin can bring us many opportunity to make extra money

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
anehh

Activity: 600
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:34:44 AM

Some crimes are not only done through bitcoin, but there are also crimes committed through banking, through government and so on. Some people who commit such crimes certainly say they are criminals but it is impossible to say bitcoin, banking and government is a crime .For that I want to say that bitcoin is good and very useful especially for me, and those who use bitcoin for crime is a criminal who must be punished and responsible for the crimes they committed.
Hautkopfsalat

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

I think I've read something that criminals don't want to pay the high bitcoin prices in the darknet. Now they use litecoin  Cheesy
Legwist

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:32:48 AM

Criminals will always have this world. And I think this is one of the main reason for bitcoin fallen and many people don't like bitcoin for this reason. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way. It is because bitcoin is anonymous so that's the reason why criminals use bitcoin.
Susantha75

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:38:25 AM

Many public misconceptions about the many uses of Bitcoin by criminals, but the thought is wrong thinking. This thought is caused by the many people who think that Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact Bitcoin is so opposed to it, all transactions Bitcoin transparent and everyone in the world can see the ongoing Bitcoin transactions.

People may not be able to connect a particular individual identity to a Bitcoin transaction directly (this is why sometimes Bitcoin is also called pseudo anonymous), but if they find it, then they can see all the transactions you have done on the Bitcoin network. This is why Bitcoin is the wrong way if you use it for things that are not true.
Sbdip

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:47:28 AM

Just because people uses patrol to burn flags doesn't mean we're gonna ban patrol.. everything has good and bad side. it is up to us which side we're gonna use it. even fiat currency used in crime for decads. that means government banned them too?Huh
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

This is a clear taking advantage of the anonymity property of bitcoin. It is very possible that criminals may use the cryptocurrency platform to commit crimes like plunder and money laundering. This is why KYCs are very vital to ensure that transactions will be as secure possible. Protecting a users and investors as well.
pistachefreak

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

Yes it's true. The unfortunate truth is just that there will always be people out there looking to use anything they can for the wrong reasons. And it will make some people fear crypto yet those people use money for just as bad things as they are using crypto for. Did everyone forget more money is being used for drug purchase than crypto? lol
extrimals

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:44:13 PM

I think that this has little to do indeed, bitcoin is a new theme for this and too complicated. But soon this, too, the problem also shows up in this sphere of activity. So be on the alert.
kryptoMedia

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:51:51 PM

Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.

I agree
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:08:41 PM

Bitcoin is the one of the best coins out there, so criminals will make their move to get in to the system of bitcoin and hack all the money. But I think, their system in bitcoin is secured and criminals can't go in.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
khalis

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 01:54:42 PM

I strongly agree with your opinion that many criminals use bitcoin, which is why the government does not legalize bitcoin because it is difficult to control bitcoin transactions, but it is not a crime created by bitcoin, but the community and the people themselves who use bitcoin in places wrong. Not only with bitcoin with fiat money was a lot of crime.
BrindHexta

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:56:30 PM

This is a scare tactic used to dissuade people from owning bitcoin. Most people who own bitcoin are upright people who simply want to invest in blockchain technology.
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

Crime has been here since the dawn of time and the internet, there is no denying the fact that bitcoins or any other cryptos out there gives criminals more options to do crime and to take advantage of the innovation it gives. Criminal organizations are reportedly into cryptocurrency for their money laundering operations.
Regulations will greatly help bitcoin become mainstream. So we can never really say that bitcoins are somewhat innocent since like money, if not there, no one will be stealing money or using money for crime. Criminals are attracted to bitcoins because of its anonymity and untraceability feature. This is one of the reasons why I’m all for government recognition. To prevent bitcoins from being synonymous with illegal activities.
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:46:39 PM

Well, a lo of criminals take advantage of the anonymity, its normal commit infractions at the beginning. They will do more security day by day.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:06:34 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Definetly your right bro,that bitcoin cannot endanger to the society,because the problem is the society and the people they use the name of bitcoin in order to satisfied there personal interest,thats why they doing an criminal act like,hacking,scamming,ponzi or fraud with using the name of bitcoin thats why the image of cryptocurrency became threats to the hearing of the good people,otherwise if they realy found out the real purpose of digital currency that to promote economic growth by means of capitalism and we have a wonderful social responsibility.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

It is difficult to track criminal or illegal actions that make transactions using bitcoins. But I think the police will be able to locate the perpetrators by searching thoroughly and fundamentally and assisted by those who hold the server or database of any transactions that are in bitcoin. Perhaps future use of self-identity to create wallets is necessary to reduce the number of crimes in bitcoin .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: