Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
rhenz01

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:56:23 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I think any forms of money digital can be used by criminals in their bad activities the only different in bitcoin it is very hard to find the criminal and mostly government authorities don't have enough knowledge hoiw they can trace transaction considering that funds is transfer to different wallet addresses which is hard to identify the owner.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:39:28 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

This the kind of trade-off we have to live with if we are to continue to use bitcoins on a daily basis. Hackers will be paid in bitcoins. Untraceable and clean. But this does not justify that bitcoins are evil and will be used for that matter. It is only a medium for trade like foat money.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

I strongly agree with your opinion that many criminals use bitcoin, which is why the government does not legalize bitcoin because it is difficult to control bitcoin transactions, but it is not a crime created by bitcoin, but the community and the people themselves who use bitcoin in places wrong. Not only with bitcoin with fiat money was a lot of crime.

By using bitcoin, criminals easily make transactions without being noticed by anyone though the government. the transaction here can not be traced, therefore the government does not legalize bitcoin.
Not going to deny that, bitcoin is surely used by criminals, its because its characteristics to be used for transactions anonymously. We cannot blame bitcoin for that because it was created to be uncontrollable and anonymously, The users is the one to blame because it is the one who used it for bad things. Bitcoin is good but also bad when used for wrong.
wdelius

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:08:24 PM

I strongly agree with your opinion that many criminals use bitcoin, which is why the government does not legalize bitcoin because it is difficult to control bitcoin transactions, but it is not a crime created by bitcoin, but the community and the people themselves who use bitcoin in places wrong. Not only with bitcoin with fiat money was a lot of crime.

By using bitcoin, criminals easily make transactions without being noticed by anyone though the government. the transaction here can not be traced, therefore the government does not legalize bitcoin.
Not going to deny that, bitcoin is surely used by criminals, its because its characteristics to be used for transactions anonymously. We cannot blame bitcoin for that because it was created to be uncontrollable and anonymously, The users is the one to blame because it is the one who used it for bad things. Bitcoin is good but also bad when used for wrong.

It is also used as an easy way to steal/hold someone ransom. There are a few examples in Thailand of people known to have BTC being held up.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Nabobs Robi

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

Actually theres a possibility that in bitcoin theres a criminal that all them wants is to gain a huge amount of money for their own goods even if is bad to do at all, In short they want to gain an income in easy way.  It is evident that nowadays almost many cases with the use of bitcoin. drugs, fraud, fake investments and much more. they all use bitcoin for that.
eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:29:30 PM

I read in the article that many darknet markets decided not to accept Bitcoins anymore as a form of payment, since this is the largest crypto currency and has been closely watched by law enforcement agencies. Some analytical companies can now track illegal actions, such as money laundering and other criminal cases, so criminals choose an alternative in the form of other coins.
benjaminpeters

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

bitcoin is just a tool in hands of criminals like and fiat money that is also used for illegal activity. so we can't blame cryptocurrency in illegal actions.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:38:38 PM

For any financial instrument there is a draw back, do you think terrorists and illegal things not happening in paper currency? Each currency has their own positives and negatives and as per my knowledge I think it is easy to trace the users of crypto through block chain rather then tracing someone from paper currency.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:44:58 PM

I really do not like the criminals who do bad deeds in bitcoin. those who commit criminals will damage the bitcoin price to be cheap and will reduce the popularity of bitcoin users. governments across the country will undoubtedly make rules and will monitor the development of bitcoins so criminals can be arrested and punished.

Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:55:58 PM

There is often public misconception that Bitcoin is mostly used by criminals, but nothing could be further from the truth. This is mainly because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact it’s the opposite - all Bitcoin transactions are transparent for the whole world to see. People might not be able to link the identity to Bitcoin right away but once they do, they can track everything you’ve ever done on the Bitcoin network. This makes it a particularly bad tool for illicit use.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

Criminals much more using banks and fiat
There is possible hide everything in banks books but not possible to hide in blockchain
Any kind of criminal activity may happen trough exchanges same way like it done
in case of stock markets

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sarjilcse

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:12:48 PM

Well i think Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
Crypto Mark

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:27:01 PM

It is difficult to prove by police because bitcoin transactions are pseudonymous. All transactions that have been done at the same time. Bitcoin balances possessed by someone can be seen, but we do not know who the owner of the Bitcoin address.
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:32:19 PM

Yes bitcoin is not a legalized currency and therefore very bad things can be done through it. But criminals think using other currencies, since bitcoin is very popular and is constantly being watched.
Roerk5

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

This days there are so many fakes about about cryptos and it’s making me feel bad about crypto and I am now becoming tired about everything and even the miner application I bought at a solid price I got tricked and I don’t even wanna talk about it and it’s bad
PelevaVika

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

In no case should the police be aware of bitcoin transactions. Then the meaning of cryptocurrency will be lost. It's better for people to just be careful.
qiqide

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

Real stories associated with the circulation of cryco-currency bitcoins are rarely known - virtual electronic coins are designed to make financial relations between users anonymous and do not attract the attention of the state. However, there are cases when the secrecy of the crypto currency is violated and the finer points of electronic financial transactions are investigated by law enforcement agencies.
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:04:56 PM

I do not think that bitcoin is encouraging any illegal activities. Majority of people are using it as an investment medium only. Some people might be using it for illegal activities but they are not going to become saints even if bitcoin is banned.
lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:53:11 PM

in my own personal opinion, Crime and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoin. why, now we associate every bad action with the emergence of cryptos. I believe bitcoin has nothing to do with criminals. besides that there are many people arrested but they still participate in Bitcoin after being released.

angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:04:19 PM

It isn't feasible for the police or any element to tell, just by looking the exchanges themselves. Truth be told, with no genuine connect to confirm, the exchanges can't be recognized. On the off chance that the expert can get one of the addresses/exchanges included, they could get the entire connection of addresses that are connected however that isn't conceivable constantly and its fairly mistaken and pointless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: