Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:59:24 AM

Get your facts straight, msin wanted an escrow. Also stop bitching about waiting for a transfer that will clearly confirm if you dont even spend the amount then....

This is such a kindergarden here

Dude...You just trashed your reputation for the sake of 1/10th of a millibit.

The correct response would have been to apologize to Brian for the oversight.

Instead you spend multiple posts defending your poor etiquette. Show some class.

Man, losing respect for whiners in this thread, he sent exactly what was sent to him, there was no urgency in the transaction. What's the point in bitching about it?  Brians Nxt is now in the hands of someone actually contributing something, that's the point.

We worked it out dude, now you wanna come in and stir shit up again?

Are you referring to me buying all your Nxt and then you continuing to post here for some reason?  You act like you belong here.

I was about to leave for good, swear to god was just about to delete my account, but since you don't want to drop it;  Yeah, I thought it was fucking rude to not include the fee. I never asked for an escrow, I offered to go first.  When I sent my part I didn't deduct the fee from the total.  I did what any normal person would do and I included the fee. It's just proper etiquette anyone with common sense would know to do. No urgency? Why not? I have nothing better to do than sit around all day waiting for six confirmations so I can store it and and be done with you?  You are the the kind of guy who asks someone for a favor, doesn't even tip them for their service and then chinches the guy you are making a transaction with on a six cent fee that shaves hours off the whole thing?  You're like one of those scumbag Steve types. Just a total asshole. There's no cure for what you have.

Yeah, you're probably right.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:18:09 AM

Profit / Loss 24h: +200,319,249.69 %

invest $1 and end up with $2,003,192

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:42:28 AM

If there are say, 100,000 Nxt accounts, what percentage of them need to be running open clients for the system to be secure?
Is it 10% 20% 50% 75%? Does anyone even know? Nobody answers when I ask.
The only reason I've harped on the same question is because no one has given a satisfactory answer. In fact this is when the devs get very slippery and evasive and people start calling me a troll.

This question has been answered a million times. Since only big holders get to forge most often, only a few big holders are needed. They have self interest to not only forge, but be honest forgers, as anything bad and  dishonest (like double spending)  would hurt nxt credibility, which would result in killing their own investment. That's proof of stake at work.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:50:11 AM

P.S. Due to liquidity issues, if anybody tried to purchase even 10% of NXT, it will go to .01 BTC. I cant estimate the price it would go to if someone really was shooting for 51% ownership.

Well the way I envision it, the entity could accumulate Nxt slowly so as not to set off any price raising alarms. Just have thousands of different accounts slowly buying it up til one day, POW right in the kisser.

Thanks for the answer though. I hope it all works out. Good luck.

It would take an extremely long time to accumulate that amount of NXT.  You would need 51% of the NXT in circulation (510,000,000 NXT).  When TF is implemented, you would need 90% of the NXT in circulation (900,000,000 NXT).  Also, the price of NXT would increase because you would be removing vast sums of NXT from the market.  It wouldn't matter if you purchased it overnight or over years.  The price would increase because you would be decreasing the amount of NXT available for sale.

This type of attack would be extremely expensive to carry out.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:51:32 AM

If there are say, 100,000 Nxt accounts, what percentage of them need to be running open clients for the system to be secure?
The only reason I've harped on the same question is because no one has given a satisfactory answer. In fact this is when the devs get very slippery and evasive and people start calling me a troll.

This question has been answered a million times. Since only big holders get to forge most often, only a few big holders are needed. They have self interest to not only forge, but be honest forgers, as anything bad and  dishonest (like double spending)  would hurt nxt credibility, which would result in killing their own investment. That's proof of stake at work.

I know this thread is very long, but this question has been answered multiple times.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Eadeqa

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:06:50 AM

I know this thread is very long, but this question has been answered multiple times.

Despite the long thread, he has been told this repeatedly. He just keeps posting the same thing over and over again, along with why ripple is better.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:52:09 AM

www.nxtforum.org
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:55:57 AM

Is there a way to make Nxt more anonymous? Or is it built-in? I see in the explorer you can see all the transactions... Jw

You can start a topic on nxtforum to find out about nxtcash. James is developing it and is tied in with his multisig gateway. Uber anonymous were told. Don't expect it overnight Wink  Cheesy

Or pm him.

Or he'll magically pop up and help us out  Grin
Actually, all the services I am building are built on top of the NXTprotocol layer.
multisig is one such thing
so is NXTmixer and NXTcash
so is nodecoin!

I need to wait for clarity on parallel chains for NXTcash, but my opinion is that NXTcash (zerocoin) by itself is not really enough due to usability issues. I designed NXTmixer to work in tandem with NXTcash to get the uber anonymity.

Goods news is that NXTmixer is a standalone service with benefits in and of itself and I have already started coding the second version. proof of concept version was just a one off test of crypto handshake

No timeframes on these as I work on half a dozen projects at once. When a project gets close to done, I go into release mode for that project. multigateway is the current project in release mode, but stalled the last three days due to testnet resets and lack of testNXT.

James

ill bet you 100 BTC none of your projects will ever be implemented and work (in production)!
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:57:51 AM

Is there a way to make Nxt more anonymous? Or is it built-in? I see in the explorer you can see all the transactions... Jw

You can start a topic on nxtforum to find out about nxtcash. James is developing it and is tied in with his multisig gateway. Uber anonymous were told. Don't expect it overnight Wink  Cheesy

Or pm him.

Actually, all the services I am building are built on top of the NXTprotocol layer.
so is nodecoin!

I need to wait for clarity on parallel chains for NXTcash, but my opinion is that NXTcash (zerocoin) by itself is not really enough due to usability issues. I designed NXTmixer to work in tandem with NXTcash to get the uber anonymity.

Goods news is that NXTmixer is a standalone service with benefits in and of itself and I have already started coding the second version. proof of concept version was just a one off test of crypto handshake

No timeframes on these as I work on half a dozen projects at once. When a project gets close to done, I go into release mode for that project. multigateway is the current project in release mode, but stalled the last three days due to testnet resets and lack of testNXT.

James

ill bet you 100 BTC none of your projects will ever be implemented and work (in production)!
OK!
Lets use Anon as escrow.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:58:09 AM

This is such a kindergarden here

Speaking of which....  Cool

GIFS at the ready!!!!

Ready...

Set....

Post!... >>>>>  https://nxtforum.org/multigateway-%28third-party%29/secret-project/

CfB says the best one gets 150 Nxt*!!

*I could have just made this up. In fact, that's exactly what happened Grin Grin Grin

Well done people, there is some fine work here Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:01:42 AM

I've noticed that whenever the community is in a positive sweet spot certain individuals appear and try to inject NEGATIVITY....in the beginning it worked but they should realize that we ain't stupid.

I am sure those who are objective clearly see this point.

The nay sayers have been at war with us since the beginning but Nxters will overcome. The starfish will never be vanished.

LONG LIVE NXT!

Pls visit nxtforum.org

lucky88888

Activity: 404

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:02:03 AM

I think 14153983471900939687 would have won the forging competition at forums.nxtcrypto.org?

Yeah he would have won, but rules says that he has to post in that forum in order to be valid.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:05:23 AM

Do u mind if we ask Anon136 to be the escrow?
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

Is there a market for Aliases?

Throw your hat in the ring over here: https://nxtforum.org/alias-system/

Some of us want to be able to trade aliases (it was initially promised as a forthcoming feature); some of us don't. Some want aliases to expire, with yearly renewals.

Let us know your thoughts. Smiley
Emule

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:11:21 AM

Or pm him.

so is nodecoin!

James

OK!
Lets use Anon as escrow.

James

i am not stupid, you need to set an ETA, do not want my BTC locked up forever Grin
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:12:30 AM

i am not stupid, you need to set an ETA, do not want my BTC locked up forever Grin

"none of your projects will ever be implemented"

Good old Emule...

Edit: Yup, green candlestick.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:15:52 AM

Or pm him.

so is nodecoin!

James
great news,james.
nxtmixer,nxtcash,multigateway,secret project...
you are the man of Nxt application. Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Emule

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:20:09 AM

Or pm him.

so is nodecoin!

James
great news,james.

he is the man of hot air comming out of his asshole, and if you put a lighter on it it burns.

still waiting to see something substantial from him. isnt it about time? he is nexern²

http://youtu.be/AN_9m7RLJEI
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:23:05 AM

Does anyone know if we still have a forging pool?

Apologies for the lazy question  Grin Grin

www.hashrate.org or http://www.nxtp00l.org/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:23:44 AM

Or pm him.

so is nodecoin!

James
great news,james.

he is the man of hot air comming out of his asshole, and if you put a lighter on it it burns.

still waiting to see something substantial from him. isnt it about time? he is nexern²
I feel bad, it has been six whole weeks since i started coding stuff for NXT. I guess I just am a very slow coder compared to someone like you.

I dont even have 10,000 lines of code yet, well actually if count all the revisions I am over 10,000 lines, but I currently only have about 4000 lines of decent code. I guess a little rusty.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Pages: « 1 ... 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: