Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
qwertyasdfg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:55:18 PM

Did you pull the cards out and make sure all the heatsinks were tight? In Blades, low efficiency is usually due to chips overheating from poor heatsink contact, and these Cubes are notorious for loose screws upon delivery.

Right I unscrewed the device, pulled all the cards out, screwed a few of the loose heatsink screws in tighter and put the unit back together.

Now I can get the cube to hash at 31693MHS with an efficiency of 96.58% in low clock speed, if I switch the clock to high both the hash rate and efficiency start dropping, I also noticed one X today which wasn't there yesterday after I put the device back together:

ASIC_01-16: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_17-32: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_33-48: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_49-64: O O O O O O x O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_65-80: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_81-96: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Can anyone shed any light on why my hash rate and efficiency might be dropping when I try to run the device in an overclocked state?

I've opened this cube up again twice and removed and re seated the modules and am now back to square one. Thought I was making progress and now I'm right back to where I started Sad

ASIC_49-64: x x x x x x x x O O O O O O O O

MHS:29513 Efficieny:098.55% on the Low clock setting

The screws on the heatsinks are as tight as can be, could I possibly have a duff cube?? Would re-arranging the modules make a difference??

I don't know how tight "tight as can be" is, but I'm wondering if you may have damaged the board/chips by overtightening the screws?  You went from 0 bad chips to 1 bad chip to 8 bad chips.

Initially when I received the cube, without any fiddling I had 8 x's, see my previous posts, then after the first time I opened it and tightened the screws I went down to 1 x, now I've opened it a further few times, not over tightened the screws but just made sure they weren't loose and I re-arranged the blades and am now back to 8 x's, plus the x's are always in the same row, so the problem must be the board, I have spoken to the seller and he is awaiting word back from the supplier, hopefully gets sorted soon!

FINALLY today I received a new board via OC directly from yxt, now I've taken the old board out and put the new board in after switching over the mini blades and am trying to connect to it using 192.168.1.254:8000 but am unable to do so, I cannot even see the device anywhere in the wired devices section of my router!

Anyone got any advice on what I might be doing wrong here?? My routers subnet is 192.168.1.x

Do I have to flash this new board with some sort of firmware before I can use it to control the mini blades???
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:59:35 PM

FINALLY today I received a new board via OC directly from yxt, now I've taken the old board out and put the new board in after switching over the mini blades and am trying to connect to it using 192.168.1.254:8000 but am unable to do so, I cannot even see the device anywhere in the wired devices section of my router!

Anyone got any advice on what I might be doing wrong here?? My routers subnet is 192.168.1.x

Do I have to flash this new board with some sort of firmware before I can use it to control the mini blades???

Your router isn't 192.168.1.254 is it?  That was an issue I had when initially setting mine up.

Other than that, you might have to do a factory reset... strange though that you could connect with the old cube but not with the new boards. 
qwertyasdfg

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:01:36 PM

Your router isn't 192.168.1.254 is it?  That was an issue I had when initially setting mine up.

Other than that, you might have to do a factory reset... strange though that you could connect with the old cube but not with the new boards. 

Nope router is deffo not 192.168.1.254

I'm guna try a factory reset and will let you know if that works!
qwertyasdfg

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

Nope router is deffo not 192.168.1.254

I'm guna try a factory reset and will let you know if that works!

That seems to have done the trick however the x's have moved

ASIC_33-48: x x x x x x x x O O O O O O O O
ASIC_49-64: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

So I re-arranged the mini blades once again and the x's moved again, so I must have a faulty mini blade now which is rather annoying!

ASIC_01-16: x x x x x x x x O O O O O O O O
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:44:50 PM

That seems to have done the trick however the x's have moved

ASIC_33-48: x x x x x x x x O O O O O O O O

So I re-arranged the mini blades once again and the x's moved again, so I must have a faulty mini blade now which is rather annoying!

ASIC_01-16: x x x x x x x x O O O O O O O O

Damn man.  Definitely looks that way Sad   That is some bad luck bro...
Donkezz

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:14:54 PM

Hi miners. I have this problem.

My cube run good when i am in work. When i am not at home.

When come home parrents and me and turn on computers or TV or i dont know what cube stop hashing and start next day on morning.

I dont know where is problem. Can any pc or TV with lan interrupt my cube?

Please if have anybody any solution send me any settings for cube.
Here or on email donkezz@gmail.com

Maybe set two different subnets? All devices in first subnet and notebook with proxy and cube to second subnet ?

I try setup different dns, web port, IPs i dont know how can i fix it.

Here is when is hashing very slow.
https://i.imgur.com/R0rr5Wu.jpg

Here is when hashing good.
https://i.imgur.com/DvnZkbH.jpg

I try it setup about 20 days but not working 24 hours nonstop. Max 10-12 hours.

Thanks

Yes, it is possible that you cannot draw enough power on the circuit you have the cube's power supply plugged into if you have a lot of other equipment (tv's, computers, etc) all plugged into the same power cable.  I'm not sure where you are physically located (globally), but in the US we usually have no more that 12 plugs (6 outlets) on a single circuit.  If this is the case, you should try moving your cube to another room, one that perhaps doesn't have anything else in it... maybe an unused bedroom, or little used basement area. 

Hmm i can try but i have it in the roome where is only one notebook with proxy one cube and one fridge (icebox).
Problem is in the power or can be in the lan subnet ?. If only power circuit i try it change.

Thanks

The only reason your LAN would affect it is if you have miss IP'ed something so that the cube shares an IP with one of your computers.  You could verify that each device has an IP address separate from the others on your network; this is one reason I wish the cubes would use DHCP.  I digress, just make sure each device has it's own unique IP on your LAN and you should be fine there...  One way to ensure this is to have your router's DHCP server issue IP addresses in a known range; say... 192.168.1.10 ~ 192.168.1.50, and then set your cube IP addresses manually to 192.168.1.101, 102, ... etc.  Then when computers or devices fetch a DCHP address, they'll automatically be assigned within your range (10 ~ 50) and would never interfere with the cubes.

Just a thought.

Thanx for answer .... or i have idea  now i have switch for notebook and cube. I can replace switch with next router and then notebook and cube will have other subnet as all devices. 192.168.2.xxx .... that can help me.

ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:58:08 PM

So after over 24 hours of successfully hashing on High it quit on me.  First thing that happened was that I lost the chips on half a card.  In switching things around and switching between High and Low and back again I lost everything.  I let it cool down and tried again.  Eventually I managed to get it running again, but only on Low.  It ran happily for 12 hours overnight on Low at 31.5GH/s with just a single chip X'ed out.

The thinking is that it's PSU related.  This is a new Thermaltake 550W PSU with 45A on a single 12V rail, so power shouldn't be an issue, however the two PCIe connectors are connected serially.  I have a bunch of Molex connectors and pins at home so I'm going to make an 8 pin to 6 pin adapter and take one of the feeds from the 8 pin 12V supply.  I'll report back with how well this works.  Will be nice to get those missing hashes back.

spazzcat

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:09:21 PM

I been running a cube for over week without issues, it was running about ~35 GH/s. Today it only want so run at about 14 GH/s.

MHS:14149 Utility:193 Efficieny:064.39%

I have tried just about everything I can think of and nothing seems to fix the issue. I've tried running the proxy on different computer, different pools, restarting the cube, etc.
BlackLabel_Actual

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:46:12 PM

I have had that same thing happen to one of mine, not sure if its bad luck or faulty devices. The soldering on one of the boards contained in the cube that now has low hash rate and ~50% eff could be described as decent at best.
simpic

Activity: 1241
Merit: 789

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:50:13 PM

Hello,
my Cube is just arrived, but it seems to have some problems Sad

As i power on it the power consuption quickly reach about 260W... is this normal?
After about 1 minute:
- it starts to make a strange noise (it seems to be the fan that make the noise)
- the power consumption slows down till up 25W
- the web panel became unreachable

What could be the problem?

Could be the fan? If i am right, is this the safe mode of Cube to power off in case of fan failure?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

HYPPS

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

Someone help please, its my first time and I don't know how to make the Block Erupter ASCI Cube start hashing, I got it 3 days ago and have been struggling to set it up. Its on, I can connect to it on 192.168.1.254:8000 by changing my computer IP address to a manual static 192.168.1.10 and connecting the cube with a ethernet cable to my macbook laptop. (BTW I have little clue as to how it all works with no knowledge of any computer language, its hard to learn, I'm literally trying things in a blindfold)

What mining software can I use, on my computer which is a macbook? I have gone through all the steps in installing the stratum proxy on https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy and on step 7 when I type in $ ./mining_proxy.py all I get is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mining_proxy.py", line 20, in <module>
    import argparse
ImportError: No module named argparse
Has it worked or not?

Also I'm on a University network with one ethernet hub so how do I find the right info to set up the IP, Mask, Gateway and the other fields, all the forums talk about connecting it to your modem then accessing the modified IP of the cube to say 192.168.1.200:8000 and then running an .exe file for windows to enable the stratum proxy and its meant to start hashing with an ability to see all the chips working. But since I want to connect it to the network port in my wall can I still access this page through the university wireless network to see if its working?
BrandonMcPherson

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:32:07 AM

Hi HYPPS,

You'll need to run Stratum proxy on your Mac (or any other PC or Mac you have access to on the same network as the Cube). Note that this computer will have to be running the proxy every moment your Cube is running, or the Cube won't get any work to do.

There are instructions out there for setting up Stratum on a Mac, but this is command line stuff, and if you're running Mavericks it's going to get tricky.

You don't need to know any programming languages, but you do need to be comfortable in the command line (Terminal). If you're not, do lots and lots of reading on the subject.

You can alternately use BFGMiner through MacMiner as a proxy, though it's not officially supported. i've been working on a tutorial for setting up MacMiner as a proxy, but it's only in the planning stages.

simpic

Activity: 1241
Merit: 789

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:01:48 AM

Hello,
my Cube is just arrived, but it seems to have some problems Sad

As i power on it the power consuption quickly reach about 260W... is this normal?
After about 1 minute:
- it starts to make a strange noise (it seems to be the fan that make the noise)
- the power consumption slows down till up 25W
- the web panel became unreachable

What could be the problem?

Could be the fan? If i am right, is this the safe mode of Cube to power off in case of fan failure?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

I solved using 2 power supply! So what could be that noise?

neillm

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

Hello,

I've been running 2 cubes powered by a Corsair CX750M for a couple months now and all was great.  Recently I started having the random resets on one of them (call it unit A), and found that it was due to the fan needing replacement.  After the fan was replaced in the unit causing problems (unit A), everything was back to happily hashing.  But then a few days later the other cube (call it unit B) stopped completely (I noticed because the fan was stopped and no lights were blinking, but "SB PWR" was lit).

I powered down the rig (both units) and replaced the fan in unit B, thinking it might be related.  After powering on the rig, the working one came back normally (unit A), but the now 'broken' one (unit B) starts the fan spinning, has "SB PWR" lit up, but nothing else happens.  No ethernet connectivity, or LEDs.  No 'click' when power is applied, like it used to have before.  The Status light never blinks red -- nothing.  I took all the blades out and everything looked fine.  The board doesn't have any visible damage.  I tried replacing the fuse, but the same thing happens.  Any ideas on this?  I held the factory reset button for a long time, but absolutely no response.  Please help!
utdrmac

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:31:41 PM

Hello all,
Just got two of these today. Powered by a Corsair AX850 ($109 refurb Fry's). Everywhere I read, the USB port is for firmware upgrades. But what I can't find out is if there are any upgrades for my unit. Are there any? What's the manuf website where this would be posted if one came out?

Tips: 1drmacW6UYAfHNjRrxN7SYuN3Q9R9v6K6
BrandonMcPherson

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:30:39 PM

neillm, my guess-from-1,000-miles-away is that the main board is broken/defective. I'd check with wherever you bought it to see if they'll replace it.

utdrmac, I've not heard of any firmware updates for the Cube. I word it that way because while I've been following these things since their release, it's always possible that there is something out there. Communication and documentation from ASICminer are scant as a rule.

At the very least, I've not seen mention of a firmware update in this thread.
neillm

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:45:09 AM

neillm, my guess-from-1,000-miles-away is that the main board is broken/defective. I'd check with wherever you bought it to see if they'll replace it.

I was afraid of that, but appreciate your input.  Will do!
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:30:47 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 03:21:07 PM by raskul

SOLVED. please ignore.

trying to set up 2 new cubes...

192.168.1.254:8000 will not load.. has anyone had this problem? where am I going wrong?
I can't see any IP relating to the cube (trying one at a time) on my network

thanks in advance

R

EDIT:
my home router had a default of the same IP as the cube. changed the IP of my main router and config loaded up fine.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:15:21 AM

I have two cubes running on low clock.  They used to run at 30ish Ghs but after a week and half or so now they both run at 25 Ghs all the time.  Any ideas?  It isn't a heat problem, unless being too cold is a problem.
xkelvinchiax

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:15:06 AM

HELP?

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/gxii-series/gxii-650w/ <--- This PSU can support 2 cube?

AND  this cube can overclock to HIGH MODE??

http://www.coolermaster.com/images/upload/images/psu/gxii-650-ac.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: