Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
Nicho

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:48:50 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:06:28 AM

Oh, please, not that! Walmart has too many sub room temperature IQ's already.

Jesus Christ. Look at this fucking man-child with his ragamuffin cowboy machismo trying to talk about I.Q. This is the face of EAC? These are the idiots that will be making decisions for this coin, willing to band together to stiffle opinions because what? I cannot believe this. You guys are a lost cause.

Hell, I like a fight as much as the next guy.

Your first response to me, that one I had to say was well thought out. And dare I say it? Pedantic. Cheesy

I didn't say the premine wasn't a concern. I said, and still say, that if the community can raise this (or any other) coin to real-world levels, then any initial malfeasance on the part of the original devs becomes a bit of interesting history. The coin itself has merit, well outside of day trading.

As for the low blow... I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. You are a troll. You throw out the line, drag it along and see what bites. Trolls aren't always wrong, but they are always attention whores.

In my arrogant opinion, DOGE is the worst coin to ever hit the market by multiple degrees. It's a sad joke with no real planning behind it, no real world application ever thought of, and backed by the mentality of the teenybopper. I hated teenagers when I was one, and the passage of decades hasn't softened my opinion.

But you know what? It's successful. So my arrogant opinion, from a market standpoint, is wrong. This coin has an enthusiastic community with a lot of good ideas. Why bitch about one flaw while ignoring the strengths? So you think the devs are shady. I've no opinion on that. I do have an opinion on the coin itself.

As for pedantry being "insufferable", well, you are welcome to your opinion. The authors who have stood the test of time were pedants. All of them. Why? Because common speech is BORING.

This is perfect. Absolutely perfect trite rebuttal that a self proclaimed and proud pseudo-intellectual pedant will give. I applaud you for living up to your cock wag. I really do. Accolades aside lets see what you've said.

What feature does EAC currently have outside its day trading prospects and humanitarian branding? Nothing. We can polish this turd and garnish it in diamond encrusted vomit but it is still shit believe it or not. The current community, including me, were attracted to this coin based on its prospects not based on its current features. EAC is still a first gen crypto by every standard and tweaking the mining pay-out does not make it special.

So where now did the current image faulter? The devs. They premined 50 percent of this coin before the launch and claimed to use it for giveaways, bounties, and infrastructure. I am not an ididot to assume that they would not keep some for themselves, hell, I'd say they deserved it. What I however opposed and still do is that lack of utilisation of the premine. 

The community should not have to lift a fucking finger to create the infrastructure. That was covered in the premine. So you cannot say that is just "one falw". As far as characteristics goes, that is half of the strength of the coin hanging in LIMBO. This coin has no other strenght beside sbranding and the premine was supposed to solidify that aspect. EAC does not have a cult following, a strong focus, a wide adoption base. It only has dreamers behind it. Dreamers who have lost focus on the important things. Charities are not adoption bases. DOGE coin is the biggest crypto charity coin and that is a fact. It will not change. EAC cannot compare with DOGE, a litecoin clone.

EAC does not have referential or meta humour backing it. It certainly does not have scientific advantages. So what the fuck doe sthis coin have if not "branding" and infrastructure. of which there is next to none.

Lastly, I don't fucking care if you apologise. Your low blow was more of a childish retort. You have a number of retards such as yourself echoing your  ill-thought remarks so you might think they are clever when infact you're stuck in your own implicit vacuum of stupidity. And also if you think I'm going to resort to ambiguous lexicon just so you can get your daily fix of pedantry , I might as well reiterate this in Iambic pentameter since that might be up your pretentious alley.
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:14:04 AM

I am not sure what point you are trying to make?
You disagree with this coin, you already made that point and still you are trying to defend yourself why you disagree. What is it you are trying to say exactly?
slyA

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:16:25 AM

You disagree with this coin, you already made that point and still you are trying to defend yourself why you disagree. What is it you are trying to say exactly?

I did not say I disagree with the coin. That is stupid. I disagree with what needs to be done.
1Kb

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:23:07 AM

I did not say I disagree with the coin. That is stupid. I disagree with what needs to be done.

Ok sorry for that, I misunderstood. What would you suggest?
I mean, I know that multiple coins are looking to change their algorithm to fight of asics and also willing to become unique. And if you check our forum we are also thinking about that.
Also, we have no influence on the premine, but we do have influence on who we are, what we can build and how we can proceed from here. I admit that we don't have a nice legacy for such a young coin. But we started, some of us comitted to it and we are willing to start running.
So which part am I missing in your opinion?
slyA

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:34:39 AM

I mean, I know that multiple coins are looking to change their algorithm to fight of asics and also willing to become unique. And if you check our forum we are also thinking about that.
Also, we have no influence on the premine, but we do have influence on who we are, what we can build and how we can proceed from here. I admit that we don't have a nice legacy for such a young coin. But we started, some of us comitted to it and we are willing to start running.

That's exactly it. People are eager to get this coin off the ground. First order of business is to finalise the C-section from the previous devs, Cryptozark and centurion should contact their cronies and perform audits with proof of funds. If there is none then the community as a whole should perform a hostile take over. Nobody should tolerate the half-assed nonesense that WESEAC comes in here to spew.

Demand fucking answers. If he does not have any then he is fucking done. He should have been done weeks ago but he keeps popping back in with more vague bullshit.

Then re-brand this coin. This is not a hippie coin and should not be treated like one. There is no profit in non-profit and this should be treated like a business first and foremost.

No more charity donations until we get infrastructure off the ground. That includes viral marketing such as incorporating EAC with like mibded niches of the internet. Many sub-reddits will come in handy. Viral campaigns and commercial spots should be made. I'm a screen writer and I can help with that.

Pure transperancy. Nobody in the inner circle will remain faceless. That is bullshit. If you cannot risk being known then fuck off. You cannot be an anonymous figure head.
centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:41:32 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 11:35:29 AM by centurion76

We have just launched Earthazaar, The Earthcoin Superstore. At Earthazaar you can add your own storefront, sell products, list items for auction, or even post freelance work. Anyone can now easily earn Earthcoin by auctioning used items, selling new products, or providing services.

The only currency we accept is Earthcoin (EAC).

We also have a promotional listing bonus; look here for details: https://earthcointalk.org/groups/earthazaar/forum/topic/earthazaar-launch-and-giveaway/. So, you can earn EAC just for listing an auction item.

You can join Earthazaar by visiting https://earthazaar.com. Just look for the seller links in the footer.

We have already had several orders on Earthazaar Smiley

There are still quite a few listing bonuses up for grabs. You can get 5000 EAC just for posting an auction item or listing a product for sale. Get your 5000 EAC while it lasts!

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
1Kb

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:49:05 AM

That's exactly it. People are eager to get this coin off the ground. First order of business is to finalise the C-section from the previous devs, Cryptozark and centurion should contact their cronies and perform audits with proof of funds. If there is none then the community as a whole should perform a hostile take over. Nobody should tolerate the half-assed nonesense that WESEAC comes in here to spew.

Demand fucking answers. If he does not have any then he is fucking done. He should have been done weeks ago but he keeps popping back in with more vague bullshit.

Then re-brand this coin. This is not a hippie coin and should not be treated like one. There is no profit in non-profit and this should be treated like a business first and foremost.

No more charity donations until we get infrastructure off the ground. That includes viral marketing such as incorporating EAC with like mibded niches of the internet. Many sub-reddits will come in handy. Viral campaigns and commercial spots should be made. I'm a screen writer and I can help with that.

Pure transperancy. Nobody in the inner circle will remain faceless. That is bullshit. If you cannot risk being known then fuck off. You cannot be an anonymous figure head.

I doubt the current DEVs leave this community any choice than what you suggest. And from what I read so far, that is in progress.
Regarding getting the answers, that is something which might not be worth the effort. If it will be taken over, I think, it will be like encapsulating the legacy and leave it as it is and make something new.
Regarding the branding of the coin, that is something which needs to mature more. The branding needs to be appealing to all people and charoty is only part of that. But we are aware of this issue.
Regarding promotion and where we are, we are already working on that. Same goes for transparancy.

And just out of curiousity, if we can get all that sorted, would you be willing to come onboard and help us get further? I mean, your drive to point us at the changes we need to make would for us be very nice to have:) (although some might be afraid of you by now  Grin )
coinmixerr

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:49:32 AM

So is it dead? Or devs returned?
1Kb

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:52:52 AM

We are more alive than you will ever see:)
1Kb

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

Sad to see someone trying to sell his miner like this
Nicho

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:09:16 AM

We are more alive than you will ever see:)

On the forum at least lol.

I didnt care about the charity thing, someone mentioned fiat going to overseas charities and trying to grab that market, that was actually a pretty good idea.  Charity markets are a big markets to target, they send lots of money overseas and people would be more willing to donate money to something where they know there's no middle man taking a huge % to send their money overseas.  How long before someone makes ChurchCoin and that becomes a leading charity coin sending millions overseas.  Also Bitcoin has an SMS application for very old phone technologies so people in Africa can use BTC through SMS which I think is amazing.  Earthcoin is positioned nicely for that kind of stuff because of its name.  Its just another thing the premine could be used for.  Just assume were not going to get answers about the premine, we just need a blockchain investigation on that one to see if there is any left and if so how much.  I followed a portion of it to about block 1500 (from block 1), i think I got to about 60mil but it would take a while to work it all out.
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:02:08 PM

Addressing slyA -

I have been dragged back from the farm by your postings.

So a bit of background...

I started mining EAC within a few hours of launch... block 370-ish from memory... and have been mining ever since. I was an early supporter of EAC and the community, both in hash-rate, funding, and development. I donated heavily to EarthCoinTalk and various other projects. And I was a key player in the Mining for Food Project, which never got off the ground for reasons I will explain soon.

If you do a bit of research and homework, you will find out I am a real person in Australia who is a farmer. You will find out my name and how to contact me in the real world including a mobile number. I am far from anonymous.

Due to unfortunate events on the farm and in the business, I have had to devote all of my attention to keeping the farm and produce business viable. Due to some human mistakes and unkind weather, we lost nearly 60% of our crops and harvest. That is why I had to let the Mining for Food Project and EAC sit on the back-burner for the past month or so.

Back to you and your posts. First, I have no appreciation for anyone that uses the language you use in this forum. It is rude and disrespectful to youself and everyone else here. So please clean up your vocabulary, because you actually have some real and important issues that you are presenting, but no one wants to listen to you, they only want to argue and antagonise you. You message is being lost in the noise and diatribe of abusive and foul language.

I have read all of your posts(I think) and I will try address them as best as I can.

Regarding the premine... it was 2% of the total of EAC... see original post(page 1) for reference... 270,000,000 coins. Where all of the coins from the premine have gone, only the dev team knows. I do know that a number of those coins came to my wallet as part of the giveaway and as a bounty for a project. I do not remember how many I received and I cannot find the wallet with the transaction. I have had a number of EAC wallets, some which I have used and destroyed and some that are in cold storage. As for the balance of the premine, only the dev team can answer that question.

Even though I have a number of dealings directly with various members of dev team as individuals and as group, I was never given any personal information about any team member. My only method of contact was through PM on this forum or at EarthCoinTalk. I never learned any names or contact details, even though I gave the dev team my full contact details and requested that they provide the same. And to be honest, that always annoyed me. I agree with you that at some point as a team and community leader, you have to come out from behind the shroud of internet secrecy. So even if I wanted to, I have no way of contacting the dev team that you do not have access to. I have no special connections, so no matter how much I want the answer to the question of the premine, I have no more answers than you. And while you mention Centurion, whom I know quite well, even outside of EAC, and Cryptozark, whom I do not know, I doubt they have any more connection to the dev team than I do. As for WesEAC, I do not know, from early on he seemed to imply that he had special connections to the dev team, but I learned long ago that many folks on the internet are not what they appear to be. WesEAC must speak for himself.

After being away from EAC for over a month, I am very disappointed in the lack of progress made by EAC. But I am not surprised. I had a fairly brisk conversation with the dev team about their role and they were adamant that it was they who conceived and launched the coin and it was up to the community to develop it and determine its future including providing infrastructure. My reply was, they called themselves the 'development team' and were getting compensated from the premine, so if they were not going to lead the development of EAC, then why were they the 'development team' and what were they getting compensated for. Unfortunately, I did not have any further conversations because I have to devote my energies to the farm and business.

I do know that everything Centurion has done with EarthCoinTalk and Earthazaar has been on his own back, because I helped fund him, which I was very happy to do. The dev team had no involvement whatsoever that I know of.

That brings us to today... EAC is at or near an all-time low in price... the dev team seems to have cashed in and left... projects have stalled and it is now up to the community to decide the fate of EAC. It is up to us, the holders and miners of EAC what happens. I know that sounds lame and in your words... retarded... but that is the reality. No amount of angst, anger, raging, depression, debating, head-banging is going to change it... so if this is the death of EAC... so be it... I do not have the time, resources or energy to track down each member of the dev team and force them to tell me where the premine is and beat them until they grudgingly come back to complete their obligations to the EAC community.

You are asking the questions which no one can or will answer. Good and right questions but that still does not mean you or I will get the answers we want or think we deserve. If I knew any way of getting those answers, I would for myself and everyone else.

You are exhibiting an incredible amount of energy and zeal, some of which as an old man I wish I had, but you are misdirecting towards the community, when you need to be directing it at the people with the answers... the dev team. Use your skills to track them down through their IP address or etc... find them and demand answers... you will be a hero of the community. I do not have the energy or knowledge to do that.

So I am left with the choice... do I do nothing till I get the dev team to provide all the answers or do I get back in the trenches and help build EAC into a usable currency. I am inclined to do the latter since the former leaves me nothing for all my previously invested hard work.

Study the history of Bitcoin... it was premined... the original developer has vanished from the face of the earth... has not provided any support to Bitcoin in years... and still holds enough Bitcoin to destroy the coin if he chose to dump it tomorrow. I am not equating EAC with BTC... but the most successful crypto-currency to date has a checkered history and it is only the work and effort of the Bitcoin community that have ensured the success of Bitcoin so far. I don't see much difference in the future of EAC if the community chooses to do the same.

If you are finished with EAC... fine and good... that is your choice and it may be the right choice. If you still have some interest in EAC, then all that is left is for you to help build the EAC community.

There is not much more to say...
slyA

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:38:39 PM

Addressing slyA -

A very fair run down

Sir. Thank you for typing out your experience with this community. I was still a supporter when I saw the work you were putting in with your request to use EAC for your farm. That much I remember. It was however around that period that I began to notice the double speak and vague legalese the devs have become professionals at. They seemed to keep coming back each week with the same results, trying to pacify us with news of the "ultra secret project" in the works.

I have no stake in EAC as I type this. Truth be told, I cashed out my EAC earlier on when I realised the dev team were sketchy individuals. I may come off as brash and all I can say is that, I tried diplomacy and it failed greatly. I am not and should not have to coddle people about being upbeat about their money, not mine, theirs. If they are waiting for me to tone down my language and use platitudes of smiles and compliments, they can go have a chat with the devs, unfortunately, the devs have stopped coming here.

I am however angry because I feel betrayed. They betrayed my trust and the trust of everyone currently still clinging to the hope that this coin will rebound when we should know by now that our smoke signal is going unnoticed. The market is being saturated day in day out with cloned clones of clones and more and more scam artists have piled into this digital gold rush, reday to part the naive ideologues from their money, many of who are you and I.

Crypto currencies promised an out and sanctuary from the Murdochs of the regulated market. How unfortunate is it that we as early adopters have jumped out of the regulated frying pan and into the free fire. We are now the Caesars, lions and gladiators in this free for all financial Colosseum. People like the devs have seen untainted minds, perfect mines for exploitation and they have unabashedly taken it. The arguements you are seeing is a result of stockholm syndrome where by the bag holders feel like I'm tarnishing their hopes for recovering their initial investments. EAC appealed to those in search of a utopia but you and I know that there is no such thing as long as the duality of humanity exists. We are the thieves and benefactors.

The premine stated 2% of the 13 billion total coins which will be mined completely in years. So adjusting for inflation, that 2% is actually more like 50% on launch although the percentage has been shrinking ever since. Still the looming threat remains that these confidence men have run away with the unearned value of everyone's investments and trust and that is not to be tolerated. How can we sit here and wax poetic about the merit of crypto in this free market when we are turning and nurturing the savage greed we ran away from?

How can anyone justify overlooking the premine and ask for the trust of the currently scarred noobs, early adopters, potential investors and supportive charities when we sweep issues like public theft under the rug. I know I probably will not get an answer on the premine and that's why I have been working with and am looking for a brilliant mind among thsi community to help reveal the "wizard of oz" behind the shadowy figures of the rogue devs. They should understand that they will fall into ruin the same way they have ruined the trust of the community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To WESEAC & earthcoin. I see you have both been logging in and out recently, laughing to yourselves as you sip what ever spirit the EAC loot got you. I want you to understand that there is no way you can completely vanish or conceal your identity on the internet. We know you have a website e in the works, we know you probably have profiles that tie to your involvement in EAC one way or the other. This is not an internet tough guy or brilliant wiz-kid telling tall tales of cybernetic bravado. No. no. no. It's not going to be me. It's going to be someone else. Do not be surprised when the whole extent of the premine you think you have fled with is investigated and brought to light. Tomorrow you might log in and see the names of every family member plastered on here with a negative publicity bomb rigged to explode. I want you to know that when that happens, I will be in the fore front, dragging your name through the mud and force feeding your misdeeds down the throats of every slag up your family tree. This is not a threat. This is a promise.

Go look at this thread and see what happens when you think you can steal from people. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485029.0

I am just some bloke behind a computer screen. The choice is yours.

slyA

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:00:05 PM

I'd say the developers need to create a public ledger of the premine now and stop this coin spiraling down further into the abyss, is that going to happen? Probably not.

That's the thing. There was a public ledger. But somewhere along the line, they decided to split the coins into dozens of wallets making the funds untraceable. Nochi has been trying to piece together the trail of the premine and saya he got to 60M of the total 270 million. Another user calculated the value of the giveaways. The devs claimed to have given millions but the bounties and giveaways shows roughly 200k coins were dispersed of the 270million. These trifling idiots are just that. Idiots.
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:26:15 PM

Shall we start a bounty on bringing the culprits down then?
I am sure there are far more intelligent people in this forum, who could get to them very easily.
I am willing to contribute, if we have one.

Who is the most trusted member in the community to hold such a bounty?
1Kb

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:32:08 PM

Shall we start a bounty on bringing the culprits down then?
I am sure there are far more intelligent people in this forum, who could get to them very easily.
I am willing to contribute, if we have one.

Who is the most trusted member in the community to hold such a bounty?

You do know that this will kill the community right? As for me, I am not willing to participate in a man hunt.
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:38:13 PM

You do know that this will kill the community right? As for me, I am not willing to participate in a man hunt.
Why would it kill the community?
The devs have already fled and any future tasks has to be done by the community.

So for me, the coin has already plummeted to its lowest,and its time we as a community organize ourselves.
While the community can go on developing new features, if there are likely minded people like me, we can organize a bounty to track these guys down.

At least this could be deterrent to future fraudsters and we can add some more drama to the earth coin story telling.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:38:23 PM

I'd say the developers need to create a public ledger of the premine now and stop this coin spiraling down further into the abyss, is that going to happen? Probably not.

That's the thing. There was a public ledger. But somewhere along the line, they decided to split the coins into dozens of wallets making the funds untraceable. Nochi has been trying to piece together the trail of the premine and saya he got to 60M of the total 270 million. Another user calculated the value of the giveaways. The devs claimed to have given millions but the bounties and giveaways shows roughly 200k coins were dispersed of the 270million. These trifling idiots are just that. Idiots.

Alright, now I will apologize for being rude. Your post to 24kilo shows actual thought, not just raving. When you were raving, I responded in kind. I probably shouldn't have.

Your last few are reasonable discourse, raising legitimate concerns in an adult manner.

I am impressed.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither an early adopter nor an investor. I hold no EAC at the moment, and the most I ever had was like 10 coins. My interest in the coin stemmed from it's name, it's attraction to and by charitable organizations, and it's fast transaction times. My primary coin is Bitcoin.

I do understand your concern with the premine. I also understand the frustration inherent in not getting answers. This doesn't change my position, but I am more willing to outline it without the name calling and bravado.

Have the developers dropped the ball and walked with the money?

I don't know. It's a valid concern. Maybe they are still trying to get the EAC/USD exchange going, and holding reserves for it. Again, I don't know. That would be a wise move, but they have not revealed what they are doing. Maybe they are judiciously dumping it, keeping prices low, but not destroying the coin altogether, in the hopes of gradually cashing out. Once again, I don't know.

I'm fond of an aphorism that states "Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be more readily attributed to stupidity". I have seen far more people do stupid things than deliberately criminal things, even though the end result is often the same. So, lacking evidence of deliberate malfeasance, I'm going with stupidity. Stupidity is curable, usually by violent death, to be sure, but there are other ways. People do learn, should they survive.

Which brings me 'round to the position where you and I seem to be in contention: That the malfeasance or stupidity involved in the premine will sink or boost the coin.

I maintain that if the community does step up and fill the void left by the developers regardless of whether or not they step up themselves that the premine ultimately will not matter. Now if the time frame is today, yes, it matters. If the time frame is a year or two from now, it may not.

Why? Because of several things. One, if they are just holding to dump, there will come a point in the near future where that has been accomplished. At that time, those coins will be in general circulation, or at least distributed fairly by market forces. This, I think, would actually be the most healthy thing for the coin. On the day or days that it happened, the value would tank on the exchanges, but the coin would then be unencumbered.

Another, as I had mentioned before, is that by dint of it's name and it's attraction to and for charities, there is a chance for this coin to tap a market that is in sore need of money transmitting services that are outside of the purview of the so-called mainstream. Most charities right now operate at a much larger profit than for profit organizations. Or at least in the top echelon. I used to work with an internationally recognized charity. If I said the name, you'd know it. I'm not saying it because I don't want to give those blood suckers the recognition. For all their pious nonsense, they take 80 percent of the donations they receive for "administrative costs" and advertising. The advertising I see as legit. The manager driving a new Mercedes while the people she's supposed to be helping beg for food is not. Yet most modern charities are organized around the "clearing house" principle, where a large organization gathers funds and disburses them as it sees fit. The clearing houses mostly see fit to disburse it to themselves, while giving the real workers at the point of the lance an empty bag. A coin such as Earthcoin could address this by having people donate directly to the causes they feel worthy, and I mean DIRECTLY. Even with a reasonable amount of fees for such services, this would reverse the model to 20 or so percent to overhead and the remainder to be put where it actually does some good. People would go for it, too. The profits to be made there are immense, in the long term, both monetarily and in the realm of human potential realized.

Again, to be perfectly clear, I am not a fan of "handouts", though in emergency situations they are sometimes necessary. I am a big fan of the concept of a hand UP. As in the old saying if you give a man a fish, you've fed him today, but if you teach him to fish, you've fed him for life. I'll not go into great depth on this, at the moment at least, because it's not really the point. The point is that there are great things that can be done with this coin, and because it IS under the radar and of low exchange value, but also possesses quite a bit of intellectual and enterprising people in it's community, that it can be developed over a medium term to exploit some of these opportunities. If this is done without the help of the developers, the unfortunate truth is that they will profit by it if they hold their coins. But the flip side of that is, if they don't step up and the community does, their profit will be a one time thing, whereas the community will have established a robust and growing alternate currency that is actually doing something to make the world a better place.

And even more to the point, even if you're a cynical bastard, "green" sells. I still think this coin has immense potential due to it's name and fast transactions. I don't much care whether or not it's "asic resistant". True Asic resistance is easy to achieve. Just shoot the coin dead. If it becomes profitable enough to develop asics for it, then it is a success. I think the asic resisstance is a red herring in cryptocoins anyway. Asics make the network large and secure, as long as a lot of people have access to them. But a coin is going to have to be rather big before they're really worth the development costs. Asics, IMO will neither make nor break a coin. What will is it's adoption, or lack thereof. We can make it happen regardless of the actions of the developers. They can step up, and make it happen faster, but they do not own the coin.
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:41:11 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 01:53:51 PM by 24Kilo

slyA,

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

While I do not have any more answers than I did before, I will attempt to give a considered response.

First... let me clarify that I do understand the maths of the premine in context of the launch and coin production. But thank you for the refresher on why a premine can be such a powerful tool for the construction or destruction of a coin.

Thanks for clarifying your involvement with EAC as well and glad to hear that you have a history with EAC and the community.

I hope that the next few paragraphs make sense... it is nearly midnight here...

It may come as some surprise to you... but I completely agree with your position and feelings toward EAC. This is why I took the time to address you personally in my first post. I believe that you are feeling and expressing exactly what many of us are, only you have been more elaborate and energetic in your expression than some of us old folks. And this why your message needs to be heard and considered by the EAC community to move forward.

I must confess that there are about 100 pages of the thread that I have not read, so I am taking a large liberty here to pretend I am speaking for the community. If I am wrong, I am happy to stand corrected.

We as community must address the question of the premine, even if the final directive is that we will never know and to move forward we must accept.

We as community must address the apparent lacking guidance and direction from the dev team and develop a plan for EAC to move forward, with or without the original development team.

And the question that we must each ask ourselves is what are we going to do? Walk away or help build?

And so my question to you is... from today what are you going to do with EAC? You have been betrayed, ignored, mocked, taunted, and abused(some of it deserving I must say as you can give as good as you can take), but when the chips are down and it is the end of the game... where are you? Do you want to walk away and never look back? Do you want to help rebuild the EAC community?

You have a huge amount of energy and enthusiasm as well as keen instinct and vision, I can see that from your posts. And you actually care that the EAC community has been hoodwinked and betrayed, this is why you have been posting, it is plainly evident.

In the end... each person must make their own decision about EAC and there is nothing you or I can do about that. We can guide, we can direct, we can scream and we can shout, not sure if you have children or not, but if you do or ever do you understand that at some point we all have to make our decision and suffer the consequences. So try not let the decisions of others about EAC cause you to lose sight of the big picture. You are feeling particularly mean and spiteful, I am feeling tired and resigned, others are feeling optimistic and hopeful, others ready to forgive and forget and get on with it. But I would say that all us of are equally exasperated and disappointed, we are just dealing with it differently.

But when it all boils down... what are we going to do... each of us.

Not to overlook anyone... but people that have and are contributing to EAC as individuals and making a real difference are folks like Centurion with EarthCoinTalk and Earthazaar, ATXSilver with his great deals on coins, the fellow in Boston, Cryptozark with his great summary of where EAC needs to go and be, Nochi spending untold hours doing the thankless task of piecing the premine together, yourself tirelessly winding up the community which resulted in me being asked to report for duty, not that I contribute that much. But each person is playing part to assemble or disassemble the EAC community.

So back to you... slyA... are you willing to step forward and show the world who you are in the real world and help rebuild and motivate the EAC community or are you finished with EAC and just want to see it torn down for parts and auctioned off for scrap so speak?

Neither answer is right or wrong... but I can say I would sure love for you to be on my side!!!

I must conclude and get some sleep... starting to get all philosophical... thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: