Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:40:07 PM

One question: how can switch-pool like [Suspicious link removed] discover 11 blocks in 4 minutes, when there is a 1 block retarget? Could someone explain?  Huh

Because of the way network hashrate is determined.

Please fork EAC with Scrypt-N.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:08:18 AM

Please do not fork to Scypt-N, this will not stop multi-pools which are largely made of various sized GPU farms. A quick download of the modified cgminer and the pools will have the same effect.

Multi-pools have their effect because of the proportion of network hash-rate they hold, not the amount of hash-rate they hold.

Scypt-N only makes an attempt to make a coin ASIC-resistant, just like Scrypt was to intended to.

Right EAC needs a couple of ASIC super-nodes to keep the blockchain secure, GPU farms are too expensive to run and maintain to keep mining indefinitely on an unprofitable coin.

People are purporting that there are ASIC-proof algos... no... there are ASIC resistant algos, but if any coin is to be a successful currency, it will need ASIC miners to do so. That is the biggest push for developing ASIC scrypt-miners at this time.

There is nothing to be feared by ASIS miners. There is/was only 1 BitCoin, so ASIC miners seem to have overwhelmed the coin. But in the case of scrypt, if even 20 scrypt coins of the hundreds launched, survive to maturity, the effect of ASIC's miners will be reduced by a factor of 20.

ASIC-scrypt miners will ensure the future of scrypt coins, not destroy them.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Please do not fork to Scypt-N, this will not stop multi-pools which are largely made of various sized GPU farms. A quick download of the modified cgminer and the pools will have the same effect.

Multi-pools have their effect because of the proportion of network hash-rate they hold, not the amount of hash-rate they hold.

Scypt-N only makes an attempt to make a coin ASIC-resistant, just like Scrypt was to intended to.

Right EAC needs a couple of ASIC super-nodes to keep the blockchain secure, GPU farms are too expensive to run and maintain to keep mining indefinitely on an unprofitable coin.

People are purporting that there are ASIC-proof algos... no... there are ASIC resistant algos, but if any coin is to be a successful currency, it will need ASIC miners to do so. That is the biggest push for developing ASIC scrypt-miners at this time.

There is nothing to be feared by ASIS miners. There is/was only 1 BitCoin, so ASIC miners seem to have overwhelmed the coin. But in the case of scrypt, if even 20 scrypt coins of the hundreds launched, survive to maturity, the effect of ASIC's miners will be reduced by a factor of 20.

ASIC-scrypt miners will ensure the future of scrypt coins, not destroy them.

Fianlly someone in scrypt coin talking sense about ASIC's!

There is nothing magical about ASIC's. They simply perform one or two tasks very efficiently. That's GOOD for scrypt coins. the fact that people are developing them means that this algo is NOT going away.

SHA-256 ASIC's are relatively easy to make, whereas the Scrypt algo adds in a very memory intensive additional task. Basically, this means that you need ram as well as ASIC's, and ram is more expensive to manufacture. However, it's also common as dirt. There was only one way that ASIC's wouldn't come to scrypt, and that was the failure of the coin(s).
Anubite

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:50:31 AM

You fail to miss how hashrate prediction works. Scrypt-N adjusts better because of the way it determines the next difficulty. Simple 1 block retargets don't solve the math behind the lag. Do you have a better idea to prevent them from getting quadruple-time blocks or faster?

24Kilo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:01:03 AM

You fail to miss how hashrate prediction works. Scrypt-N adjusts better because of the way it determines the next difficulty. Simple 1 block retargets don't solve the math behind the lag. Do you have a better idea to prevent them from getting quadruple-time blocks or faster?

You may be right about the retargeting of scrypt-n... I am not an expert on that algo...

but Kimoto Gravity Well is brutal on keeping retargets on track... go mine DOPE... solomining will give you a good exhibit on how KGW works. And yes... I would definitely support EAC deploying KGW... absolutely.
Anubite

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:08:23 AM

You may be right about the retargeting of scrypt-n... I am not an expert on that algo...

but Kimoto Gravity Well is brutal on keeping retargets on track... go mine DOPE... solomining will give you a good exhibit on how KGW works. And yes... I would definitely support EAC deploying KGW... absolutely.

I could settle with that as a first step, see where it goes.

24Kilo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:24:09 AM

Finally someone in scrypt coin talking sense about ASIC's!

There is nothing magical about ASIC's. They simply perform one or two tasks very efficiently. That's GOOD for scrypt coins. the fact that people are developing them means that this algo is NOT going away.

SHA-256 ASIC's are relatively easy to make, whereas the Scrypt algo adds in a very memory intensive additional task. Basically, this means that you need ram as well as ASIC's, and ram is more expensive to manufacture. However, it's also common as dirt. There was only one way that ASIC's wouldn't come to scrypt, and that was the failure of the coin(s).

I am going to make brash statement... GPU farms are dirty, destructive, resource-hogging, environmentally-unfriendly, inefficient, expensive disasters waiting to happen... that is coming from someone(myself) who is well known among friends as a hard-right wing, petroleum guzzling, capitalist pig!

I own and maintain a 15Mh/s system... it requires 7500KW of power, has turned my nice cool basement into the hottest room on the property and needs regular maintenance and repairs... all for only 15Mh/s.

We have to embrace ASIC's... it is the only way forward. GPU farms are simply too wasteful.

You made a post somewhere in this thread about a steam/solar/generator/mining system... nearly impossible with a GPU farm... even the most efficient 3x270 rig requires 600W 24/7 for only 1.3Mh/s. But with a small, efficient ASIC miner, you could run a 1 to 2 Mh/s system with a solar panel and wireless connection.

Earthcoin... GPU farms are not earth friendly... if that is something you are concerned about.
centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:58:58 AM

I am going to make brash statement... GPU farms are dirty, destructive, resource-hogging, environmentally-unfriendly, inefficient, expensive disasters waiting to happen... that is coming from someone(myself) who is well known among friends as a hard-right wing, petroleum guzzling, capitalist pig!

I own and maintain a 15Mh/s system... it requires 7500KW of power, has turned my nice cool basement into the hottest room on the property and needs regular maintenance and repairs... all for only 15Mh/s.

We have to embrace ASIC's... it is the only way forward. GPU farms are simply too wasteful.

You made a post somewhere in this thread about a steam/solar/generator/mining system... nearly impossible with a GPU farm... even the most efficient 3x270 rig requires 600W 24/7 for only 1.3Mh/s. But with a small, efficient ASIC miner, you could run a 1 to 2 Mh/s system with a solar panel and wireless connection.

Earthcoin... GPU farms are not earth friendly... if that is something you are concerned about.

I have been considering this as well the last few days. You and biomech make a good point about asics. I have also been considering what Wes had said about changing the script. Making extensive changes may not be the way to get accepted on the Chinese exchanges; it's all a big guess, takes up time and resources, and may do no good in the end. I think the community needs to have an in-depth discussion on the pros and cons of any technological changes.

I think focusing our resources towards branding, social aspects including charities and community, and building our infrastructure may be a better way to move forward.

I have also been talking with some Chinese alibaba sellers; they have some interest in porting their stores to Earthazaar. Maybe with enough trade and the right types of branding and promotion we may not need to pursue these exchanges, they may start organically adding Earthcoin.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
24Kilo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:38:28 AM

I have been considering this as well the last few days. You and biomech make a good point about asics. I have also been considering what Wes had said about changing the script. Making extensive changes may not be the way to get accepted on the Chinese exchanges; it's all a big guess, takes up time and resources, and may do no good in the end. I think the community needs to have an in-depth discussion on the pros and cons of any technological changes.

I think focusing our resources towards branding, social aspects including charities and community, and building our infrastructure may be a better way to move forward.

I have also been talking with some Chinese alibaba sellers; they have some interest in porting their stores to Earthazaar. Maybe with enough trade and the right types of branding and promotion we may not need to pursue these exchanges, they may start organically adding Earthcoin.

I would support implementing Kimoto Gravity Well... nothing else... anything more is not worth the time and agro. I just went through a fork with the Klondikecoin team as a support person... meaning I provided hash-rate... to reduce block reward and etc... has nearly killed the coin... and the team... at one point my farm was mining 4 separate forks. The network hash-rate has fallen to vulnerable levels... sub-200Mh/s... and the trade volume is critically thin... the coin is on life-support... it will only survive by the sheer determination of the community and team. And the products and services that can be bought directly with KDC is far greater than EAC. The miners have left and the buyers/sellers cannot trade... and for the record... I was publicly opposed to the fork.

The one thing that has kept me 'loyal' to EAC is the strength of the coin code. I have never been involved with a coin that can take so much abuse and keep coming back. Only week ago or so during the last x5 rewards day... EAC had a network hash-rate of 16Gh/s... it was getting hammered with spikes of 6 - 8Gh/s without a hiccup... no forking, no issues... to me that is a real testament to the coin dev who wrote the code for EAC. And a matter to not be taken lightly. Anything that jepoardises this stability I am opposed to.

The only real thing that needs to change with EAC is for the Dev team to come out from behind their smokescreens and get dirty. Look at NobleCoin and KlondikeCoin... younger and much weaker coins with much great services and assets.  After 3 months... we don't even had an Android app... Mint launched with their own exchange... don't try to bluff me with your 'busy' behind the scenes, we need to feel secure' stunts. Either there is a development team or there isn't. So far there isn't because EAC has been completely dependent on the community to survive. So make up your minds, either develop the coin or hand in your retirement papers.

You(Centurion76) have to take a lion's share of the credit for EAC being where it is today. You have publicly put more time and effort into EAC than the dev team combined. Can you add Raspberry PI's and Gridseeds to Earthazaar?

So yes... I agree with you...

WesandEAC

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:52:45 AM

+1 for that even to my detriment. Centurion has done a wonderful job and is motivated, I have done my best to communicate with him privately and offered any assistance I could.  That is between him and I.  I personally would not want to be regarded for any contributions, I am just in the background and do not have any of his talents.

Cryptozark has offered this same type of dedication to the community as well as our Android buddies who have tirelessly worked on the client.  Cryptozark has been tireless in his communication and I can see the organization starting to come together on earthcointalk.org as progress is being mapped and discussed.  I think the Android app is on the beta.getearthcoin.com now for you to download and test.  Everything has to be so carefully choreographed so as to not alienate the community hehe.  A much bigger job than I could have ever anticipated - and for all of us WITH NO REWARD other than the sweet satisfaction of building something, which in my opinion is pretty cool in itself and the reason I became involved to begin with.

But as I said before, a hard-fork is off the table for the havoc it would cause regardless of the improvements.  This CAN be worked on in the background and actually is right now but something of this magnitude can only be implemented and achieved during large price rises where the community is captivated.  24Kilo is right on the money.

Also if it makes you feel any better, I would love to retire!  I will still be around but many great leaders have sprouted up and I believe this will have a lasting effect on the coin.

I would support implementing Kimoto Gravity Well... nothing else... anything more is not worth the time and agro. I just went through a fork with the Klondikecoin team as a support person... meaning I provided hash-rate... to reduce block reward and etc... has nearly killed the coin... and the team... at one point my farm was mining 4 separate forks. The network hash-rate has fallen to vulnerable levels... sub-200Mh/s... and the trade volume is critically thin... the coin is on life-support... it will only survive by the sheer determination of the community and team. And the products and services that can be bought directly with KDC is far greater than EAC. The miners have left and the buyers/sellers cannot trade... and for the record... I was publicly opposed to the fork.

The one thing that has kept me 'loyal' to EAC is the strength of the coin code. I have never been involved with a coin that can take so much abuse and keep coming back. Only week ago or so during the last x5 rewards day... EAC had a network hash-rate of 16Gh/s... it was getting hammered with spikes of 6 - 8Gh/s without a hiccup... no forking, no issues... to me that is a real testament to the coin dev who wrote the code for EAC. And a matter to not be taken lightly. Anything that jepoardises this stability I am opposed to.

The only real thing that needs to change with EAC is for the Dev team to come out from behind their smokescreens and get dirty. Look at NobleCoin and KlondikeCoin... younger and much weaker coins with much great services and assets.  After 3 months... we don't even had an Android app... Mint launched with their own exchange... don't try to bluff me with your 'busy' behind the scenes, we need to feel secure' stunts. Either there is a development team or there isn't. So far there isn't because EAC has been completely dependent on the community to survive. So make up your minds, either develop the coin or hand in your retirement papers.

You(Centurion76) have to take a lion's share of the credit for EAC being where it is today. You have publicly put more time and effort into EAC than the dev team combined. Can you add Raspberry PI's and Gridseeds to Earthazaar?

So yes... I agree with you...

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:32:43 AM

Yeah, I agree here. The Gridseed scrypt asics are running 3.5 MH/s for 100ish watts, and they are out there right now. Fighting the tide is useless, even if it were desirable. I am of the strong opinion that the future of mining depends on both the development of ASIC devices (of which all of the current ones are crude by comparison to what they can be, regardless of process node) and off grid power. As for the the specifics of power systems, I'm talking with Phoenix1969, who has already started some research in that direction, and doing my own research. Off grid power is something I have been interested in for several decades. My father is an electrician with an imagination, and he and I have discussed it for all of my life. The approach that seems best to me has batteries as your main feed, and a bunch of different things charging those batteries. Solar steam is an interesting one, and largely undeveloped as most developers are looking for large scale generation. Even in this, Centralization rears it's ugly head and heads off thought. But a combination of solarvoltaic, solar steam, wind, and where available, small scale hydro seems to me to be the way to go. So much so that I am trying to develop it as a business, with mining as my main focus.

You're right, it would be good publicity for earthcoin, as all of those solutions are either non polluting or a very small footprint. The batteries that I favor are deep cycle batteries such as used in golf carts. They are old tech, and if you take care in their maintenance, non polluting. The rest, there is some pollution in the manufacturing chain, but not much. Small scale hydro can be done with water wheels turning automotive alternators. They are made to work under variable RPM and find their way into landfills and smelters in great quantity. As far as I'm concerned, that's a huge waste of readily available resources.

EDIT: Typos.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

I posted up a rather long post at earthcointalk. Don't feel like retyping or copying it, so here's the link.

Wes and other devs ought to have a look.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:52:37 AM

Yeah, I agree here. The Gridseed scrypt asics are running 3.5 MH/s for 100ish watts, and they are out there right now. Fighting the tide is useless, even if it were desirable. I am of the strong opinion that the future of mining depends on both the development of ASIC devices (of which all of the current ones are crude by comparison to what they can be, regardless of process node) and off grid power. As for the the specifics of power systems, I'm talking with Phoenix1969, who has already started some research in that direction, and doing my own research. Off grid power is something I have been interested in for several decades. My father is an electrician with an imagination, and he and I have discussed it for all of my life. The approach that seems best to me has batteries as your main feed, and a bunch of different things charging those batteries. Solar steam is an interesting one, and largely undeveloped as most developers are looking for large scale generation. Even in this, Centralization rears it's ugly head and heads off thought. But a combination of solarvoltaic, solar steam, wind, and where available, small scale hydro seems to me to be the way to go. So much so that I am trying to develop it as a business, with mining as my main focus.

You're right, it would be good publicity for earthcoin, as all of those solutions are either non polluting or a very small footprint. The batteries that I favor are deep cycle batteries such as used in golf carts. They are old tech, and if you take care in their maintenance, non polluting. The rest, there is some pollution in the manufacturing chain, but not much. Small scale hydro can be done with water wheels turning automotive alternators. They are made to work under variable RPM and find their way into landfills and smelters in great quantity. As far as I'm concerned, that's a huge waste of readily available resources.

FIY,  I live off grid and have for years.    Its not impossible but it would be pretty tough to run even small mining/nodes totally autonomously.  Much easier in the sun-belt.  But you are talk a ten-thousand dollar investment up front, to secure maybe at best 10mhs of scrypt ASIC power 24/7 with minimal downtime.

I could build that system easily the question is,  is the PR worth it? Wink

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:59:00 AM

FIY,  I live off grid and have for years.    Its not impossible but it would be pretty tough to run even small mining/nodes totally autonomously.  Much easier in the sun-belt.  But you are talk a ten-thousand dollar investment up front, to secure maybe at best 10mhs of scrypt ASIC power 24/7 with minimal downtime.

I could build that system easily the question is,  is the PR worth it? Wink

Tell us more, please! With gridseed units, I'll pretty much guarantee you could do significantly better than 10MH/s, and I personally have NO reason to limit myself to Scrypt. BTC miners are looking at a negative income from their ASIC devices in the near future at the current rate of expansion. 10K isn't that bad to indefinitely extend the useful life of a 20-30K investment.

Worth it for the PR, yes, secondarily. Worth it to profit off of established miners AND those with BTC/EAC to invest in the future? Priceless.
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:29:00 AM

Hi family,

We are going to try to coordinate an IRC chat later today (Thursday) for the EAC team to be there for an open Q&A and some disclosure for you guys from the premine concerns and some info re the internal team.

Will let you guys know more when we start our day re what time will work best.

Cheers.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:30:29 AM

Hi family,

We are going to try to coordinate an IRC chat later today (Thursday) for the EAC team to be there for an open Q&A and some disclosure for you guys from the premine concerns and some info re the internal team.

Cheers.

Fantastic!

24Kilo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:33:42 AM

Hi family,

Cheers.

can you give a GMT time?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:34:16 AM

Hi family,

Cheers.

Very good! I've got a lot going on tomorrow, but I'll try to be there. Somebody transcribe this, eh? Cheesy
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:39:11 AM

Tell us more, please! With gridseed units, I'll pretty much guarantee you could do significantly better than 10MH/s, and I personally have NO reason to limit myself to Scrypt. BTC miners are looking at a negative income from their ASIC devices in the near future at the current rate of expansion. 10K isn't that bad to indefinitely extend the useful life of a 20-30K investment.

Worth it for the PR, yes, secondarily. Worth it to profit off of established miners AND those with BTC/EAC to invest in the future? Priceless.

The catch is that, you need the batteries to store the juice for 2-3 days of low-no sun,  so even at 100watts, thats 2.4 kWh a day of power generation and storage at roughly 75% efficiency (so you need to grab and 'store' 3.0kWh) For just 100watts of hash-power.    That isn't a huge investment but its not cheap!   But it would make cool PR

Its funny, after thinking about this,  my entire house doesn't use much more than 3.0kWh a day,  or what would be needed to run 1 gridseed.  

Crazy!

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:44:34 AM

The catch is that, you need the batteries to store the juice for 2-3 days of low-no sun,  so even at 100watts, thats 2.4 kWh a day of power generation and storage at roughly 75% efficiency (so you need to grab and 'store' 3.0kWh) For just 100watts of hash-power.    That isn't a huge investment but its not cheap!   But it would make cool PR

Its funny, after thinking about this,  my entire house doesn't use much more than 3.0kWh a day,  or what would be needed to run 1 gridseed.  

Crazy!

So, aside from storage, your system is straight solarvoltaic?
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: