Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:24:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
TwentyGotoTen

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:30:41 AM

Since I don't think anyone pasted the transcript of the IRC meetup here yet. Here it is http://pastebin.com/75TQMJJC (thanks to "virtuals" ON IRC).

thanks for posting the transcript Xanather, some of the best ideas to come out of what I read there are:

<Wesandeac> however you have to find exclusivity to create a buy side demand for EAC.  Like you "can't do this" unless you have EAC....

<tarpo> I would sharpen the earthcoin strategy of being a "human friendly cryptocoin"

<KevinBiomech> To me, from a practical standpoint, the quick transactions are a HUGE marketing point. This coin could be used at brick and mortar merchants without third parties.

Kind of tired now but to sum up,

EAC needs to be exclusive in that it can be used for something of value that everyone needs/wants but has to buy/mine/gift/beg/etc. EAC to get

EAC needs to be easy to use, understandable and user friendly to total noobs, skilled crypto peeps, & joe 6 pack

EAC needs to be adopted by merchants because of it's fast speed, easy conversion to btc or fiat.

There's much more from the chat that can be extracted and repackaged in order to form better action plan. Remember, human beings only do things for two reasons, for pleasure or to avoid pain. Let's get busy creating pleasure and buy side momentum so that the pain doesn't happen, further drop in value, dead coin, lost money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloudminers

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:45:51 AM

Cloudminers Mining pool

We are a brand new EAC mining pool and we are ready for the 2X blocks.

http://eac.cloudminers.net

Join us.

Cloudminers - Mining Pools - http://cloudminers.net
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:43:47 AM

https://www.coinpayments.net/help-shutdown
centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:55:53 AM

Typical all this happens when I'm away.  Who is it that runs the earthcoin talk forum?  I signed up to it ages ago and I couldnt log in because of it said i needed to activate my account but i didnt recieve any activation email so i just left it.  Now i just tried a password reset and recieved the email for that, reset my password and again tried to log in, and again it says i need to activate.. so how do i get a new activation email sent to me?

@Nicho,

You should receive a temporary password in your email shortly and you may now login. If you have any further trouble pm me.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
0rganic

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:44:08 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 12:56:34 PM by 0rganic

Typical all this happens when I'm away.  Who is it that runs the earthcoin talk forum?  I signed up to it ages ago and I couldnt log in because of it said i needed to activate my account but i didnt recieve any activation email so i just left it.  Now i just tried a password reset and recieved the email for that, reset my password and again tried to log in, and again it says i need to activate.. so how do i get a new activation email sent to me?

@Nicho,

You should receive a temporary password in your email shortly and you may now login. If you have any further trouble pm me.

@Centurion76  Nice one Wink , you preempted me  Cheesy I was going to raise this issue about reaching out to other

disgruntled parties, and @Nicho was one and @slyA another. I am positive there are many others but  I am still

digesting the transcript. This is another issue... that I will raise, steps in the right direction  Wink
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:56:20 PM

Start selling graphics cards on Earthazaar, that will bring people into EAC.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
Legionnairez

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:32:22 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 05:48:11 PM by Legionnairez

I've been thinking about starting something called "Explore the Earth" to promote EAC. The idea would be simple, copied from various games in the internet: I would explore places in google street view and take a screenshot, then ask people to track/guess where I am. If a person guessed/ found the place (lets say by 100 miles or so), he/she would win that week. The prize would be EAC of course, the amount would depend how much the devs are willing to hand out weekly/how much we can gather for this. At the end of the round, a short description of the place, people and interesting history would be posted. This would encourage people to explore the earth and our environment, hopefully binding people together (and promote EAC too).

I would love to see the prize money coming from the premine of course, since this is promotion. However I'm ready to hand out some of my own EAC for this if the devs are not up for it. Would be better if they'd participate in setting this game up though, as I'm not sure if it would be allowed here on bitcointalk - Do you think it would be considered a giveaway? What section would be appropriate for it? I'd like to see it on its own thread.

Also, we could draw a map of a) the places we've "visited" and b) the countries the winners came from. I think this would be pretty cool looking after bunch of rounds!
I'd like some help in this. I'd like to see someone more fluent in english than me to write the description articles - I can communicate in english, but I'd really like to see a professional, 100% correct grammar... A journalist touch, you know?

E. Lets try this out.... Where are we this week? No prize this week, just enjoy the view and the hunt for where we are.... Link it on google maps or just say the country and city/town Smiley Hint: A famous historical battle was fought near this place almost 1000 years ago.

nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:47:54 PM

I just spend a fair bit of time to read through the IRC chat, and glad to see some info thrown out there from the remaining core team.  Even though some of it (like the main dev taking off with his 90-100M) is unfortunate, I think its for the best that everyone knows, and that a replacement is being worked on.  It explains a fair bit actually.

Some of the big points I seen come out in front of me were:

- Get a way where people "need" to use EAC to get something.

While I agree with this I think there needs to be a much easier and trusted way to convert Fiat into EAC before this becomes reality. By nature if its to much effort people will rather just not bother with this product.

- A few people said this needs to be a new "currency"

I thought this for a while to, but I think if you are trying to introduce it as a new currency you will receive far to much lashback from regulators.  Perhaps stick more on track of the original vision of bitcoin, an easy and fast-secure way to transfer funds over seas (in a nutshell).

- Get a big player/merchant to accept EAC

This is great, and i think inevitably it will increase the value 10-fold.  The big thing we need to look at perhaps is what do we need to do to make a big merchant want to accept us. The coin is marketable already, but the community is only just starting to be repaired. Baby steps, but constant growth!

Once we have all this sorted out, perhaps a new DEV, a new direction figured out, etc we should do alot of promotion of the changes on the forums here in new threads, and on other forums and social media. There was a lot of supporters of EAC lost, and even more to be gained.  If we can get the community back believing in this coin then trading volume and price should pick up, which in turn should open up the door for other things, like getting more merchants, etc.

As for selling the video cards on earthazaar i think that is a great idea.  I do not have any kicking around as i am not a big miner.

Also on earthazaar, i see some EAC merchandise. Perhaps also allow a fiat purchase of this stuff... ultimately it would be free advertisement if people were to wear some of the swag out would it not?

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:03:09 PM

To the dev team... Wes, Centurion76, earthcoin and etc... I just published a new post at #Team EarthCoin... I am going to try to confine my communications regarding to EAC to EarthCoinTalk.

Thanks,

24Kilo
TwentyGotoTen

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

John: I am a software architect for a fortune 500.

I have been involved in software development for 30 years.

Naturally, with my love for technology, numbers, algos, problem solving, etc. I was attracted to the bitcoin tech rather early and have been going down this rabbit hole ever since.

After exploring the vast codebase and learning how the tech worked, I began to clone some of the codes and created a new flavor of coins.

I implemented an algorithm that creates random bonus blocks as an idea for one of them, which turned out to be quite successful and is used in another popular coin.

The idea of Earthcoin came to me as I wanted to create something that would have fast adoption and then actual use – vs the typical coin that most try to hoard for profit only.

So we implemented features such as the period of 1 year and coin payout based on the seasons. We also added regular two-weeks and 1 month bonus blocks to add fun and constant marketing opportunities to the miners. I was very lucky to meet Norb, he is a wonderful media pro and designer who has a great vision for our crypto coin.

Something about the chat didn't sit right with me, I remembered the article you guys kept promoting through Bitcoin PR Buzz, it's copy/pasted above

In the chat you (earthcoin aka CryptoBoomer & Wesley (wesandeac) stated basically John bailed with 1/2 the premine and that he (John)didn't want to be identified or transparent about anything. He's also wanted to be like a "satoshi nakamato" You guys said it was very difficult to communicate with him because he was young & Chinese. Yeah, that sounds just like the guy above, he no speaky the English, huh? What did you do, write his bio and interview answers for him then? This smells like another shit sandwich lie, you know what? I'm not choking down another bite, too many inconsistencies and retracts and shady/sketch dudes. I feel like Columbo of the crypto but sniffing out the lies is too easy. I really like this coin, but I may need to peace out to another coin that I can really trust & put my efforts & fiat/btc in. Maybe I'll get a bounty for writing or research or rewarded somehow too.
Legionnairez

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:56:53 PM

In the chat you (earthcoin aka CryptoBoomer & Wesley (wesandeac) stated basically John bailed with 1/2 the premine and that he (John)didn't want to be identified or transparent about anything. He's also wanted to be like a "satoshi nakamato" You guys said it was very difficult to communicate with him because he was young & Chinese. Yeah, that sounds just like the guy above, he no speaky the English, huh? What did you do, write his bio and interview answers for him then? This smells like another shit sandwich lie, you know what? I'm not choking down another bite, too many inconsistencies and retracts and shady/sketch dudes. I feel like Columbo of the crypto but sniffing out the lies is too easy. I really like this coin, but I may need to peace out to another coin that I can really trust & put my efforts & fiat/btc in. Maybe I'll get a bounty for writing or research or rewarded somehow too.
Good point. Maybe we try to reach out for this mysterious John and ask his side of the story. I'll look into this bit later today.
thaiviet222

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:58:31 PM

team dev stoped PR ?? eac coin = shjtcoin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
WesandEAC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:47:20 PM

Hahaha, you guys are pathetic.  If someone can't hold your hand for three seconds you become rabid.  I have no patience or empathy for that.

As for John I think it would be a good idea to hear what he has to say.  He is one hell of a coder and programmer and has a great passion for the community.  Maybe someone else other than us can have a convo with him, but he has gone silent on the Skype chat and has become Satoshi now. Wink

Oh and regarding the article, of course it was put into proper English!  Real investigative skills there - you guys make me howl!! Haahah

TwentyGotoTen

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

Hahaha, you guys are pathetic.  If someone can't hold your hand for three seconds you become rabid.  I have no patience or empathy for that.

As for John I think it would be a good idea to hear what he has to say.  He is one hell of a coder and programmer and has a great passion for the community.  Maybe someone else other than us can have a convo with him, but he has gone silent on the Skype chat and has become Satoshi now. Wink

Oh and regarding the article, of course it was put into proper English!  Real investigative skills there - you guys make me howl!! Haahah

If you dudes were not so shady from the beginning, no one would even have a concern. I appreciate and thank you Wes, that you & Norb or whoever did the chat and showed your coins, etc. Your coming forward can only help at this point. Certainly you see there have been many inconsistencies (lies) in what was being said about what was going on behind the scenes? Frankly, losing $60 isn't the end of the world for me. It's a lesson well learned in how to tell the premier cryptos from the con job coins. I should of done my homework, that's on me. There's a good community around EAC thanks to Zark, Centurion, 24kilo, and a few others. I hope eac survives, but your insulting me for asking questions speaks volumes there, Mr. Incryptex. 
WesandEAC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:37:32 PM

No problem.  I have lost about $8,000 USD in EAC I purchased at way higher prices hehe.  No harm no foul, it is all a learning experience for the ENTIRE community but I am still here an so is Norb and we simply have a passion to create something that's all.

We are learning it is a very difficult task to find true team leaders capable of sacrificing their time in life to promote EarthCoin and spread its usability.  It is happening and the crisis has spun out some real team leaders like Sprocket, CryptoZark, Centurion, KB, Tamb, ATX, Norb, as well as our friendly organic grower in Australia!  There are even a few more and I apologize for not having the names on the fly - but that is even part of the problem.  One of the things I'd like to accomplish with Zark this weekend is to delegate some leadership posts to people willing to take them on.

Now come on though folks, whatever your push for EAC is, it has to be fun for you because God knows it is not about the money right now haha.  I am a true believer in pushing forward with effort and never quitting and the reward will come naturally.  It is a wonderful feeling when that happens and I have been involved in many projects that have provided that euphoria when they yield.  I do not believe in "no" or "can't do that."  Just one additional step after the other and *poof* you wake up one day and there is reward.
WesandEAC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:46:57 PM

Legionairrez's idea is not bad.  I would like to extrapolate this a little and possibly add a "game" to the splash page.  Indoctrinate people about EarthCoin and its possible benefits, possibly by placing images like he has suggested of global marketplaces and ports, markets and trade centers?  We could give away 10,000 EAC a week for the winner who guess the image...

Or have some kind of contest to show EAC being used in commerce through a picture....I have no idea what it would be.

But the concept is clear.  An indoctrination of EAC's potential in a fun and recurring theme.  Something to attract EAC followers with rewards every week to spread out the ownership of EAC.  If I could put flappy birds on the main page with EAC prizes I would do that - but you get idea.  Any thoughts?  Any leaders?
WesandEAC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

Also I have been advised to be a little more compassionate with respect to my temperment on these boards.  I am a tough love kind of fella by nature.  I despise cry babies.  If my arm got cut off on a train track, I would pick it up and try to walk to the nearest hospital to see if they could sew it back on!  I would not WHIMPER OR COMPLAIN!  I would try to FIX IT!

Anyway that attitude does not seem to cut it here.  So I will refrain from the smart ass commentary as best as possible.  I have become very frustrated with the short sighted ideas and attacks on the coin.  There are many people sacrificing their time on this project when we could ALL be doing much better things.  We receive no reward, no benefit other than to promote an ideology for everyone.  So even if we feel someone is not doing what we think they should be doing maybe you also can be a little more considerate towards the community.  We are all only here for another 23,000 days for most of us before this life is over, How much are one of those days worth to you?

My advisors are correct.  Nothing is solved playing the negativity game.  Positivity can sure grow on itself however and I would fall over to see it on EarthCoin.  So I apologize for my rants and you will not see that anymore. Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:32:36 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 07:49:54 PM by Hueristic

No problem.  I have lost about $8,000 USD in EAC I purchased at way higher prices hehe.  No harm no foul, it is all a learning experience for the ENTIRE community but I am still here an so is Norb and we simply have a passion to create something that's all....

I for one would like you to prove this. It would bring me back to this coin and I'm sure quite a few others. It would also instill the belief that your hard earned money is invested and therefore your heart is as well. Also If one Dev ran off with half the pre-mine why didn't you notify the community instead of hiding it? It always looks worse when you try a cover up. Do you not know this?

I personally quit on this coin what seems like a long time ago post 100sat but have stayed pretty up to speed on this thread hoping for answers and a rebound. I didn't waste my time in the irc as I no longer hold. So everything I learn is from this thread. Please post the IRC chatlog and Link in the OP. Under the heading Q&A sessions would be a correct category I think.

Also I have been advised to be a little more compassionate with respect to my temperment on these boards.  I am a tough love kind of fella by nature.  I despise cry babies.  If my arm got cut off on a train track, I would pick it up and try to walk to the nearest hospital to see if they could sew it back on!  I would not WHIMPER OR COMPLAIN!  I would try to FIX IT!...

FYI I walked a Mile with my arm out of my socket on my ribs. So Feel free to dish it with me and I will do the same. I actually like your "Rants" it shows your heart is in it.

Semper Fi

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

Can we get back on topic and forget about the premine please.
After all the giveaways and bounties there is still a lot more left that i tough before. The part that is missing is less then one week mining.
Come on, one week, ok it is probably dumped but so what, am sure MP and the likes dumped a lot more.

Let talk infrastructure to support retailers and maybe a little charity support, seems to me that at the moment that's the only thing we can build in a couple of days with the current infrastructure.

Lets talk about tomorrow, look forward and stop talking about the premine!

Right. So by your logic, when the next leaders step up and community pools funds and resources together and they vanish, you and many people like you will say "Can we stop talking about the missing money please" and then the cycle repeats itself over and over again. Just like a regulated market.

God I love cryptos. This is the best financial petri-dish that has Libertarians screwing over each other and playing the amnesia game like the wall street honchos they so despise.

Anubite

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:45:57 PM

On the topic of things only Earthcoin could have/pull off.  Wink

Since EAC is very multinational in it's distribution, why don't we all find goods that symbolize our country, culture, or that just don't exist in other nations and post them up on Earthazaar? This would fit our namesake really well.

I think my favorite thing I would buy from say, Japan, are flavored Kit Kats! Someone please post these and I will buy them all.

Thoughts? Can you do this? I live in the US, what would other nationalities want from us that isn't already everywhere? I'll sell them to you.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: