Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:34:02 AM

Maybe a program to get 3rd world communities access to mining rigs to help them grow and have more ppp? We do intend to be a world currency.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bulwa

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:14:51 AM

Maybe a program to get 3rd world communities access to mining rigs to help them grow and have more ppp? We do intend to be a world currency.

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  yea, right. They need water, food, medical care and some quite possibly shelters. Like there is electricity everywhere, they sure need couple of mining rigs (in Africa etc.). Are you from ´Murica ?
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:41:10 AM

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  yea, right. They need water, food, medical care and some quite possibly shelters. Like there is electricity everywhere, they sure need couple of mining rigs (in Africa etc.). Are you from ´Murica ?

Solar-powered rigs  Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:04:39 AM

Solar-powered rigs  Grin

saline solar steam turbines, batteries, open wrt and some standalone miners in ruggedized cases Smiley Technology is spread by the faithful...
m3ta-schatten

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:17:40 AM

Solar-powered rigs  Grin

saline solar steam turbines, batteries, open wrt and some standalone miners in ruggedized cases Smiley Technology is spread by the faithful...

Back to the idea of pushing EAC forward....

My answer was helpful? Feel free to donate! BTC: 1DBNyEYuUDQ9g3UYfdVcJdFuhAh1knrept , EAC: ehdBTPGhM18zpcXfRB7SX5oDiLqBMNKirE , Dodge: D5sYaMsoAUSPuc62Jj6Qa5Bd82CUAuJL8F , ZEIT: MopZYVBSfYNmUmMcTrT8k6D5DbrKM7hgLb
Refferal Link: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=107619
Cryptsy Tradekey: ff6af7ec7599979337e26d48e8fd0eaad3327d94
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:29:26 AM

Solar-powered rigs  Grin

Of course. A bit of humour never hurts.

Anyway, the above wasn't entirely tongue in cheek, as a rig like that could provide quite a bit of useful electricity in the third world. (I hate that term, but I got nothing better). It's the kind of project that Earthcoin could potentially fund, as that sort of generator is pretty much a DIY project anyway, and well suited to remote areas.

But first we gotta get some real world value to the coin. In that, my erstwhile nemesis a few pages back was totally correct. To be useful to charities, the coin must be profitable and useable. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of ideas on how to do that. One thing I'd like to see is some sort of peer to peer exchange system that is NOT dependent on a central or controlled exchange site. Implementing that for crypto pairs seems like it would be easy, but how would you go about it for, say, EAC to USD? I think it could be done, but I don't have a clue how.
Anubite

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:35:26 AM

Anyway, the above wasn't entirely tongue in cheek, as a rig like that could provide quite a bit of useful electricity in the third world. (I hate that term, but I got nothing better). It's the kind of project that Earthcoin could potentially fund, as that sort of generator is pretty much a DIY project anyway, and well suited to remote areas.

But first we gotta get some real world value to the coin. In that, my erstwhile nemesis a few pages back was totally correct. To be useful to charities, the coin must be profitable and useable. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of ideas on how to do that. One thing I'd like to see is some sort of peer to peer exchange system that is NOT dependent on a central or controlled exchange site. Implementing that for crypto pairs seems like it would be easy, but how would you go about it for, say, EAC to USD? I think it could be done, but I don't have a clue how.

If I recall, I think one of the devs was working on an exchange that converts other cryptocurrency into EAC and vise versa.

Having enough value and demand for the coin helps a lot, if a charity were big enough could the market handle the sale to btc for usd? Would there be someone who would buy the eac themselves to spare the market the headache?

I know tipping on Reddit helps get exposure. It helps people get EAC they would not have had otherwise. Making our subreddit more populous would also buff confidence.

m3ta-schatten

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:36:15 AM

Solar-powered rigs  Grin

One part of the dev team is developing such an exchange ....

I think, one step should be to enter the chinese marktet !

My answer was helpful? Feel free to donate! BTC: 1DBNyEYuUDQ9g3UYfdVcJdFuhAh1knrept , EAC: ehdBTPGhM18zpcXfRB7SX5oDiLqBMNKirE , Dodge: D5sYaMsoAUSPuc62Jj6Qa5Bd82CUAuJL8F , ZEIT: MopZYVBSfYNmUmMcTrT8k6D5DbrKM7hgLb
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:39:03 AM

If I recall, I think one of the devs was working on an exchange that converts other cryptocurrency into EAC and vise versa.

Having enough value and demand for the coin helps a lot, if a charity were big enough could the market handle the sale to btc for usd? Would there be someone who would buy the eac themselves to spare the market the headache?

I know tipping on Reddit helps get exposure. It helps people get EAC they would not have had otherwise. Making our subreddit more populous would also buff confidence.
That's probably true, but I despise reddit almost as much as Facebook. It's difficult to read, impossible to search, and generally a pain in the ass. But to those who like it, it's sure to be a good idea.

I'm a bit confused as to your meaning in the rest of the post. What I'm proposing is a direct exchange from EAC to <insert local fiat>, but on a peer to peer basis. Not sure it's doable, but I think it is.
centurion76

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:45:43 AM

I have been talking with a group from the BTC38 forum who are trying to get Earthcoin added to the exchange. The general consensus seems to be that the Chinese won't have much interest in the coin unless we include some next generation features such as adaptive-n. I have been busy with Earthazaar and haven't pursued this like I should - my apologies to the BTC38 guys. I will send an update a little later today.

Speaking of Earthazaar.com I really need more items listed. Trade is a great way to increase the value of Earthcoin Wink

Earthcointalk will be in maintenance mode intermittently today while installing upgrades. The site will be inaccessible at times.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
m3ta-schatten

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:47:46 AM

I have been talking with a group from the BTC38 forum who are trying to get Earthcoin added to the exchange. The general consensus seems to be that the Chinese won't have much interest in the coin unless we include some next generation features such as adaptive-n. I have been busy with Earthazaar and haven't pursued this like I should - my apologies to the BTC38 guys. I will send an update a little later today.

Speaking of Earthazaar.com I really need more items listed. Trade is a great way to increase the value of Earthcoin Wink

Earthcointalk will be in maintenance mode intermittently today while installing security upgrades. The site will be inaccessible at times.

Sounds really great.

Anubite

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

That's probably true, but I despise reddit almost as much as Facebook. It's difficult to read, impossible to search, and generally a pain in the ass. But to those who like it, it's sure to be a good idea.

I'm a bit confused as to your meaning in the rest of the post. What I'm proposing is a direct exchange from EAC to <insert local fiat>, but on a peer to peer basis. Not sure it's doable, but I think it is.

We would definitely need eac/usd. There are sites where you can list your coins for person to person deals, but trading over certain amounts can be a criminal offense.

There are some "decentralized" exchange concepts going around. It will be interesting to see how they work and what they do.

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:37:48 PM

We would definitely need eac/usd. There are sites where you can list your coins for person to person deals, but trading over certain amounts can be a criminal offense.

There are some "decentralized" exchange concepts going around. It will be interesting to see how they work and what they do.

Indeed. The're coming new altcoins everyday and they all can only be traded with BTC. Thats why the price of most altcoins is decreasing.
takako88

http://xumcoin.info

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:25:13 PM

Bitcoin is defined as virtual goods in China,trading crypto currency isn't  illegal.

centurion76

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:57:39 PM

Earthcointalk.com will be going into maintenance mode shortly and will be inaccessible.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
crypto777

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 04:11:31 PM

Hi,

Live Earthcoin Price Chart for Your Website

We created free Interactive Live Cryptocurrency Price Charts which you can use on your website (Dogecoin, Litecoin, DevCoin, Lottocoin, Quark ... 130 cryptocurrencies).
   Chart display cryptocoin price change in percent for last 10-60 days.

Earthcoin price chart which you can place on your website  - http://myip.ms/info/chartbox/m/139#c

Regards
  Myip.ms Team
  http://live.myip.ms

New Live Earthcoin Chart Functionality - 
          - Show Prices in EUR/USD/GBP/CNY/etc currencies (we use European Bank Exchange Rates on day of trading)
          - Full Screen mode

You can place this free live Earthcoin price chart on your websitehttp://myip.ms/info/chartbox/m/139#c

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Quarkcoin... 200+ cryptocurrencies LIVE Analytics @ http://altcoins.wiki

Cryptocurrency Payment API - https://gourl.io

TPN

Activity: 193

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:34:14 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 05:44:30 PM by TPN

Won't be many weeks left before the price shoots up again, or what are your thoughts?
SkillRoad

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:23:35 PM

@earthcoin: I think you're idea of xfering all of the premine to a few accounts and publishing the transaction hash and public keys is a good idea. It allows a huge amount of transparency, and it will trounce trolls as well as soothe the fearful. It holds you and your team accountable when we can all see it.

I am still of the opinion that you guys can really help push the coin, but that it has enough going on it's own that you are not needed for it's success. That is not intended as an insult, you laid a good foundation. You ARE wanted, and one of the things that is wanted from you is a high degree of transparency regarding the premine.

I've stated my opinion of what will happen in either scenario previously, so I won't rehash it here. I will say that even though I was interested in this coin from the day you announced it, I was also a bit skittish over such a large premine. It's a thorny problem. On the one hand, as a developer you want some coin to throw around for the growth of the coin, but on the other it can easily be twisted to mean something more sinister. I think you would have been wiser to make it smaller.

That being said, I still think it has the potential to be a great product, and if you guys keep pushing, it can get there faster.

So, yeah, my recommendation is to make a public ledger and perhaps even a weekly JP&L either here or at earthcointalk so that the whole community can see what you're doing. It's possible to be pretty open while obscuring necessary secrets of development. It's a fine line, and I appreciate the difficulty.

Thanks for chiming in, and thanks for reading this. I'm still bullish on this coin's future, regardless of it's current exchange rate. If the whole goal of a person's involvement with the coin is FOREX games, well, that's their prerogative and I've no issue with it. But for the coin to succeed in the long term, that cannot be the sole focus. While the premine is hanging over our heads, it distracts from the very infrastructure building you and I are aiming for. It can't hurt to show us the money. And it can help.

Oh... I'll try not to get in any more fights Smiley Some days I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

EDIT: Typos.

Thanks. Well written.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
centurion76

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:52:37 PM

New Live Earthcoin Chart Functionality - 
          - Show Prices in EUR/USD/GBP/CNY/etc currencies (we use European Bank Exchange Rates on day of trading)
          - Full Screen mode

You can place this free live Earthcoin price chart on your websitehttp://myip.ms/info/chartbox/m/139#c

This chart is great Crypto777. Smiley
Thanks for sharing it.

Anubite

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:31:05 PM

Don't underestimate talking about EAC to other people. Let them know people are watching it, that they should, too. We are making a great coin. It needs exposure and some motivation.

It couldn't hurt to buy a little. Hold, or spend it at a market.

Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: