Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:18:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840293 times)
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:36:40 PM

Its being pumped now, got info from friend that is in a "twitter private pump/dump" group. Pricetarget 240 sat. Dont have any source so don't believe me Smiley

Well it stopped rather quickly after moving 10 satoshis.  Roll Eyes

Thats typically for these "pumps"  

NEVER ever follow them and invest money. They wait for you to setup a buy order and you get all their cheap coins within seconds,
b4 that they build fake small buy walls, works perfectly with craptsy. So you fall for that and buy much much higher as you woul normaly do.

Im going to write at cryptsy about it next days.

So if you read a "pump" from anybody you dont know real good + their twitter accounts named fontas, pump, coinpump and many more. Pls DONT fall for that

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for the advice although Im well aware how it works, I do never invest based on peoples post on forums without some proof. I already invested in EAC long ago, its just funny to claim that there will be a pump without any source and it moves up 10 satoshis and then back to the same price.

Guess some people fall for this but people who have been around more than 1-2 weeks should know how it works. We will see what happens.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:37:29 PM

Even though I have really gotten the solo mining topic into rolling, I have a basic question about solo mining:

Do you mine for hours on the same block or do you start every time you see "stratum detected new block" - difficulty set to 25, a new block? This is especially confusing, as you see on the 5th line of cgminer:

Block: 42c37c21.... Diff:25 Started: [19:07:28] Best share: ....

According to that your miner would be updated when a new block is found, and your miner starts working on the next block.

But on the other hand, if your miners are working for hours on one block, how does the changing difficulty affect you? And if this is the case, should you restart your cgminer after a certain amount of hours if your miner was not successful, so you try out on a different block?

I know it is kind of embarrassing to ask that question so "late in the game".

Difficulty changes every block, so if you are working on a block, every time a block is found on the network you are affected by that difficulty change. "Block: 42c37c21...." is the last block found in the network.

OK, so if you have 4 workers set up solo mining - do they all work together on the same block or are they all pursuing different blocks?

They all work on the same block...

If you wanted to try a different block because you spent too much time on an unlucky one - do you restart all your miners or restart the EAC wallet?
mboot

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:39:15 PM

Even though I have really gotten the solo mining topic into rolling, I have a basic question about solo mining:

Do you mine for hours on the same block or do you start every time you see "stratum detected new block" - difficulty set to 25, a new block? This is especially confusing, as you see on the 5th line of cgminer:

According to that your miner would be updated when a new block is found, and your miner starts working on the next block.

But on the other hand, if your miners are working for hours on one block, how does the changing difficulty affect you? And if this is the case, should you restart your cgminer after a certain amount of hours if your miner was not successful, so you try out on a different block?

I think the only trustable way to do it is deleting the .bin files on cgminer folder.
Difficulty changes every block, so if you are working on a block, every time a block is found on the network you are affected by that difficulty change. "Block: 42c37c21...." is the last block found in the network.

OK, so if you have 4 workers set up solo mining - do they all work together on the same block or are they all pursuing different blocks?

If you wanted to try a different block because you spent too much time on an unlucky one - do you restart all your miners or restart the EAC wallet?

I think the only way to do it is deleting the .bin files on cgminer folder.
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

CharityMiningPools

Raise donations while you mine!  0.5% donation fees go to the BitGive Foundation.

Looking for some support and committed miners to help get us off and running.  The first 50 miners to join us and mine for a minimum of 12 hours will get a lifetime 0% pool fee pass.  The 0.5% donation fees are still mandatory and we welcome and encourage even higher donations that will go to a chosen charity each month.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to select their own donation recipients as well.

Mine your EARTHCOINS at CharityMiningPools and help make a difference.

eac.charityminingpools.com

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

How are the other solo miners doing?
I have 1Mh and found 3 blocks in 31 hours. Am curious about your stats

5 blocks in the last 20 hours - had an unlucky period in the middle of 12 hours no block...
All together 17 blocks in 4 days - 5.5 MH/s
mrchisholm

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

I think the only trustable way to do it is deleting the .bin files on cgminer folder.

why would it matter to try "change block" when you have the same chance of finding the solution at any point in time while ur mining? it's all about probability .. https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=3500&difficulty=28&power=1400&energycost=0.13&currency=USD (change to your own settings and difficulty to see how many blocks you should get on average per day, obviously impossible to predict the average difficulty but you can put a number that's in the ball park atleast  Wink)
mboot

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:43:45 PM

To be true i'm not having very luck. Found a block after 6 hours and now more 42h passed with no luck. I have 1.3mh
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:49:35 PM

why would it matter to try "change block" when you have the same chance of finding the solution at any point in time while ur mining? it's all about probability .. https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=3500&difficulty=28&power=1400&energycost=0.13&currency=USD (change to your own settings and difficulty to see how many blocks you should get on average per day, obviously impossible to predict the average difficulty but you can put a number that's in the ball park atleast  Wink)

Where does the solo mining block information get stored on your computer? I mean the actual information that will solve in the end the block. In the .bat file or the wallet? Does rebooting the rigs do any harm?

Thanks for the interesting link.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5062

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:01:47 PM

As usual I'm just unlucky been mining with 1mh/s for last 30 hours with nothing. I've got another machine with 400kh/s but for some reason cannot connect to the IP any trick I need to know for winblows 7? Localhost, direct IP and name resolution all work fine on host system. Name resolution and ping all work from non connecting system. No firewalls and I changed the ports to below 9k as I read that is an issue with some qt's or some such thing.

Put this line on earthcoin.conf to fit your network:

rpcallowip=192.168.1.*

thx man. Smiley

I gave up, back to pools. I'm just not the lucky type. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

To be true i'm not having very luck. Found a block after 6 hours and now more 42h passed with no luck. I have 1.3mh
That unexpected, with 1.5Ghz max on EAC & almost 5k blocks in the last 2 days. Someone here hit two blocks in a short time with 300Kh.
Did you add the stratum servers to skip working on already found blocks like Bumblebee suggested?

Am really curious to see how this plays out in the long run, personally im still up compared to a pool so will continue this test.
Can network location and latency to the supernodes be an factor?
minerman1234

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:04:14 PM

why would it matter to try "change block" when you have the same chance of finding the solution at any point in time while ur mining? it's all about probability .. https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=3500&difficulty=28&power=1400&energycost=0.13&currency=USD (change to your own settings and difficulty to see how many blocks you should get on average per day, obviously impossible to predict the average difficulty but you can put a number that's in the ball park atleast  Wink)

Where does the solo mining block information get stored on your computer? In the .bat file or the wallet? Does rebooting the rigs do any harm?

Maybe there's someone who knows more about this that can answer appropriately, because I can make the case for block information being stored in either the .dat files in the wallet or the .bin files created by your mining program.  However, if I had to make an educated guess, it would be in the .dat files.  Your wallet functions as your server when mining, and information is read from a combination of your wallet checking the nodes supplied in the earthcoin.conf file and the failover pools you've supplied for longpolling.  I know that the blk0001.dat holds concatenated raw blocks stored to disk, and blkindex.dat is indexed information paired with your blk0001.dat file.  If you were to delete both, your wallet would have to re-sync up to the current block.

There's no consequence for restarting your rigs, if you have rpcallowip set to run on wildcards within your LAN (i.e. 192.168.1.*), then it shouldn't be a problem what DHCP address it acquires.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
minerman1234

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:11:58 PM

That unexpected, with 1.5Ghz max on EAC & almost 5k blocks in the last 2 days. Someone here hit two blocks in a short time with 300Kh.
Did you add the stratum servers to skip working on already found blocks like Bumblebee suggested?

Am really curious to see how this plays out in the long run, personally im still up compared to a pool so will continue this test.
Can network location and latency to the supernodes be an factor?

HIGHLY unlikely.  The nodes supplied for the .conf are globally distributed.  That combined with the failover pools for longpolling should eliminate any issues with latency, we're talking millisecond differences in block acquisition.  Bandwidth and download speed shouldn't be a factor either, as each block is measured in BYTES.  IF there's a network issue, it would either have something to do with local settings or an ISP.  Considering that I've never heard of anyone needing to mess with local settings to get this running and that the amount of traffic transmitted as a result of mining isn't large enough to raise any flags for ISPs, I doubt those are at fault either.

mboot

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:20:54 PM

Well i'm looking to a pool now thats has about 140mh and they are working on a block for 1hour and 12 minutes when it generaly takes not more than 10 or 15 minutes. See what i'm talking about when i say is all about luck ? That block would take me 100h to solve...
minerman1234

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:30:03 PM

why would it matter to try "change block" when you have the same chance of finding the solution at any point in time while ur mining? it's all about probability .. https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=3500&difficulty=28&power=1400&energycost=0.13&currency=USD (change to your own settings and difficulty to see how many blocks you should get on average per day, obviously impossible to predict the average difficulty but you can put a number that's in the ball park atleast  Wink)

This is what I was going to ask.  There's bound to be a block that increases your variance.  As I've been saying, average payout is a function of time, and block resolution is all about luck.  If you're still ahead of the pool payouts though, this should be a particularly concerning issue.

I've been charting my payouts, and as I've said, the difference between pool mining and solo mining is light and day:

I switched to solo mining on the 13th.  The longest gap between block found that I've dealt with was 8.5 hours on the 13th, and I still came out way ahead.  It might be helpful to write down some numbers to see how ahead you are.

mrchisholm

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:32:01 PM

Where does the solo mining block information get stored on your computer? I mean the actual information that will solve in the end the block. In the .bat file or the wallet? Does rebooting the rigs do any harm?

i've been googling for a couple of hours trying to find out how mining actually works .. i think this explains it in the simplest way ...

Mining is a way of generating new blocks. The aim is to pick a random string, called a nonce, to solve this problem:
Hash( previous block header + transactions + nonce ) = 0
Hash() is a simpleish formula that turns a block of text into a summary string. The key thing is that slightly different blocks of text give very different hashes.
The tricky part is figuring out what the nonce is. The only way to do it is to keep on trying different strings until you get one such that the result of the equation is 0.
Actually it's very hard to get to 0 so we agree that it just needs to be close to 0. How close exactly? Well this is what people refer to as 'difficulty' and get's adjusted over time depending on how many people are mining so that this equation is solved globally roughly once every 10 minutes.¨

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16lggw/what_is_mining_actually_doing/

basiclly whenever a new block is found cgminer takes that header + transactions (if any) and inputs random text and throws it in the scrypt algo and if it produces the right answer you will have found a new block. ( and as i understand it, diffuclty determins how close you need to be to the correct answer for it to be valid)
So it's untrue that you're working on the same block until you find it since you need the name of the last found block header to get a valid new block to add to the chain.

Hopefully i typed it out so it's understandable, i'm still trying to get around it all myself  Cheesy

But all in all, you'll turn on ur miner and play the probability game until u find a block then u start over gain.
mboot

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:36:33 PM

So it's untrue that you're working on the same block until you find it since you need the name of the last found block header to get a valid new block to add to the chain.

Thats why if somemone solve it before you, you get an orphan...
mrchisholm

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:37:35 PM

This is what I was going to ask.  There's bound to be a block that increases your variance.  As I've been saying, average payout is a function of time, and block resolution is all about luck.  If you're still ahead of the pool payouts though, this should be a particularly concerning issue.

I've been charting my payouts, and as I've said, the difference between pool mining and solo mining is light and day:

https://i.imgur.com/II9yPst.png

I switched to solo mining on the 13th.  The longest gap between block found that I've dealt with was 8.5 hours on the 13th, and I still came out way ahead.  It might be helpful to write down some numbers to see how ahead you are.

what is your Mh/s?
mrchisholm

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:42:13 PM

Thats why if somemone solve it before you, you get an orphan...

in rare cases yes that can be the case.
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:43:26 PM

i've been googling for a couple of hours trying to find out how mining actually works .. i think this explains it in the simplest way ...

Mining is a way of generating new blocks. The aim is to pick a random string, called a nonce, to solve this problem:
Hash( previous block header + transactions + nonce ) = 0
Hash() is a simpleish formula that turns a block of text into a summary string. The key thing is that slightly different blocks of text give very different hashes.
The tricky part is figuring out what the nonce is. The only way to do it is to keep on trying different strings until you get one such that the result of the equation is 0.
Actually it's very hard to get to 0 so we agree that it just needs to be close to 0. How close exactly? Well this is what people refer to as 'difficulty' and get's adjusted over time depending on how many people are mining so that this equation is solved globally roughly once every 10 minutes.¨

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16lggw/what_is_mining_actually_doing/

basiclly whenever a new block is found cgminer takes that header + transactions (if any) and inputs random text and throws it in the scrypt algo and if it produces the right answer you will have found a new block. ( and as i understand it, diffuclty determins how close you need to be to the correct answer for it to be valid)

Hopefully i typed it out so it's understandable, i'm still trying to get around it all myself  Cheesy

But all in all, you'll turn on ur miner and play the probability game until u find a block then u start over gain.

That means you are not working hours on solving one block, but you restart each time someone (once every minute or so) submits a block. That is why the added failover-only pools help you stay ahead of the game as you will be informed immediately a block is found. Right? Otherwise why would the block information be visible in the cgminer on the 5th line.

Still confused.
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:46:13 PM

Beautiful chart! I also made much more EAC solo mining the last 4 days than pool mining. By the way, I think my luck picked up again...
Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: