Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:02:25 AM

Tell us more, please! With gridseed units, I'll pretty much guarantee you could do significantly better than 10MH/s, and I personally have NO reason to limit myself to Scrypt. BTC miners are looking at a negative income from their ASIC devices in the near future at the current rate of expansion. 10K isn't that bad to indefinitely extend the useful life of a 20-30K investment.

Worth it for the PR, yes, secondarily. Worth it to profit off of established miners AND those with BTC/EAC to invest in the future? Priceless.

The catch is that, you need the batteries to store the juice for 2-3 days of low-no sun,  so even at 100watts, thats 2.4 kWh a day of power generation and storage at roughly 75% efficiency (so you need to grab and 'store' 3.0kWh) For just 100watts of hash-power.    That isn't a huge investment but its not cheap!   But it would make cool PR

Its funny, after thinking about this,  my entire house doesn't use much more than 3.0kWh a day,  or what would be needed to run 1 gridseed.  

Crazy!

So, aside from storage, your system is straight solarvoltaic?

Yeah, I have 2kWh of panels on the roof,  on a rainy day they only produce 500Watts, on full sun they produce 8-9Kwh.       My 'life-saver' is a old-school diesel generator that I run on waste cooking oil.   It produces 3kWh per hour and 25,000 BTU's of hot water per hour.  While only burning a liter of waste cooking oil.   If it was not for the generator I would need a system twice the size.   

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cocacolazero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:18:22 AM

I've tried android wallet EAC
seems to work properly.
I leave the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfdgqr2zzjzt8jb/wallet-1.01.1.apk

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/imagen/previo/thump_8837290screenshot2014030522.png
screenshot, this works
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:00:04 AM

Qoinpro has the option to unlock EAC.  Grin
m3ta-schatten

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:12:52 AM

Hi family,

We are going to try to coordinate an IRC chat later today (Thursday) for the EAC team to be there for an open Q&A and some disclosure for you guys from the premine concerns and some info re the internal team.

Will let you guys know more when we start our day re what time will work best.

Cheers.

Good idea, but a little bit to late. the interest in eac is nearly zero.....

My answer was helpful? Feel free to donate! BTC: 1DBNyEYuUDQ9g3UYfdVcJdFuhAh1knrept , EAC: ehdBTPGhM18zpcXfRB7SX5oDiLqBMNKirE , Dodge: D5sYaMsoAUSPuc62Jj6Qa5Bd82CUAuJL8F , ZEIT: MopZYVBSfYNmUmMcTrT8k6D5DbrKM7hgLb
Refferal Link: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=107619
Cryptsy Tradekey: ff6af7ec7599979337e26d48e8fd0eaad3327d94
1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:07:45 AM

I have been considering this as well the last few days. You and biomech make a good point about asics. I have also been considering what Wes had said about changing the script. Making extensive changes may not be the way to get accepted on the Chinese exchanges; it's all a big guess, takes up time and resources, and may do no good in the end. I think the community needs to have an in-depth discussion on the pros and cons of any technological changes.

I think focusing our resources towards branding, social aspects including charities and community, and building our infrastructure may be a better way to move forward.

I have also been talking with some Chinese alibaba sellers; they have some interest in porting their stores to Earthazaar. Maybe with enough trade and the right types of branding and promotion we may not need to pursue these exchanges, they may start organically adding Earthcoin.

I would support implementing Kimoto Gravity Well... nothing else... anything more is not worth the time and agro. I just went through a fork with the Klondikecoin team as a support person... meaning I provided hash-rate... to reduce block reward and etc... has nearly killed the coin... and the team... at one point my farm was mining 4 separate forks. The network hash-rate has fallen to vulnerable levels... sub-200Mh/s... and the trade volume is critically thin... the coin is on life-support... it will only survive by the sheer determination of the community and team. And the products and services that can be bought directly with KDC is far greater than EAC. The miners have left and the buyers/sellers cannot trade... and for the record... I was publicly opposed to the fork.

The one thing that has kept me 'loyal' to EAC is the strength of the coin code. I have never been involved with a coin that can take so much abuse and keep coming back. Only week ago or so during the last x5 rewards day... EAC had a network hash-rate of 16Gh/s... it was getting hammered with spikes of 6 - 8Gh/s without a hiccup... no forking, no issues... to me that is a real testament to the coin dev who wrote the code for EAC. And a matter to not be taken lightly. Anything that jepoardises this stability I am opposed to.

The only real thing that needs to change with EAC is for the Dev team to come out from behind their smokescreens and get dirty. Look at NobleCoin and KlondikeCoin... younger and much weaker coins with much great services and assets.  After 3 months... we don't even had an Android app... Mint launched with their own exchange... don't try to bluff me with your 'busy' behind the scenes, we need to feel secure' stunts. Either there is a development team or there isn't. So far there isn't because EAC has been completely dependent on the community to survive. So make up your minds, either develop the coin or hand in your retirement papers.

You(Centurion76) have to take a lion's share of the credit for EAC being where it is today. You have publicly put more time and effort into EAC than the dev team combined. Can you add Raspberry PI's and Gridseeds to Earthazaar?

So yes... I agree with you...

I think focusing our resources towards branding, social aspects including charities and community, and building our infrastructure may be a better way to move forward.

I agree with you completly. Focus toward branding and social aspects and such should be main priority and could be started right this minute. But somehow we find an excuse not to do so each and every day. I wonder if there will be any change to what needs to be done in the coming few days. I have the feeling that the IRC chat and waiting for the premine results will get us stalled even further. And maybe we find something else to stall us even further.

So maybe I should ask just 1 question: What emotion is holding you back to actually help EarthCoin?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:11:44 AM

I have been considering this as well the last few days. You and biomech make a good point about asics. I have also been considering what Wes had said about changing the script. Making extensive changes may not be the way to get accepted on the Chinese exchanges; it's all a big guess, takes up time and resources, and may do no good in the end. I think the community needs to have an in-depth discussion on the pros and cons of any technological changes.

I have also been talking with some Chinese alibaba sellers; they have some interest in porting their stores to Earthazaar. Maybe with enough trade and the right types of branding and promotion we may not need to pursue these exchanges, they may start organically adding Earthcoin.

I would support implementing Kimoto Gravity Well... nothing else... anything more is not worth the time and agro. I just went through a fork with the Klondikecoin team as a support person... meaning I provided hash-rate... to reduce block reward and etc... has nearly killed the coin... and the team... at one point my farm was mining 4 separate forks. The network hash-rate has fallen to vulnerable levels... sub-200Mh/s... and the trade volume is critically thin... the coin is on life-support... it will only survive by the sheer determination of the community and team. And the products and services that can be bought directly with KDC is far greater than EAC. The miners have left and the buyers/sellers cannot trade... and for the record... I was publicly opposed to the fork.

The one thing that has kept me 'loyal' to EAC is the strength of the coin code. I have never been involved with a coin that can take so much abuse and keep coming back. Only week ago or so during the last x5 rewards day... EAC had a network hash-rate of 16Gh/s... it was getting hammered with spikes of 6 - 8Gh/s without a hiccup... no forking, no issues... to me that is a real testament to the coin dev who wrote the code for EAC. And a matter to not be taken lightly. Anything that jepoardises this stability I am opposed to.

The only real thing that needs to change with EAC is for the Dev team to come out from behind their smokescreens and get dirty. Look at NobleCoin and KlondikeCoin... younger and much weaker coins with much great services and assets.  After 3 months... we don't even had an Android app... Mint launched with their own exchange... don't try to bluff me with your 'busy' behind the scenes, we need to feel secure' stunts. Either there is a development team or there isn't. So far there isn't because EAC has been completely dependent on the community to survive. So make up your minds, either develop the coin or hand in your retirement papers.

You(Centurion76) have to take a lion's share of the credit for EAC being where it is today. You have publicly put more time and effort into EAC than the dev team combined. Can you add Raspberry PI's and Gridseeds to Earthazaar?

So yes... I agree with you...

I agree with you completly. Focus toward branding and social aspects and such should be main priority and could be started right this minute. But somehow we find an excuse not to do so each and every day. I wonder if there will be any change to what needs to be done in the coming few days. I have the feeling that the IRC chat and waiting for the premine results will get us stalled even further. And maybe we find something else to stall us even further.

So maybe I should ask just 1 question: What emotion is holding you back to actually help EarthCoin?
In my case, no excuses. Just lack of resources, or direction I suppose. I'm trying to put some things together to sell on Earthazaar. I have served as something of a cheerleader, because I'm dead broke and it's the best I can do at the moment.

I can't say I don't care what the devs have to say, but it won't change my position much, if any. BTW, did you get a chance to read my post at earthcointalk yet?

As a suggestion to the devs (and I hope I can get in on the IRC chat) I would suggest they read the way Ultracoin handled their premine. That, I thought, was pretty innovative, very open, and highly likely to boost the exchange price of the coin.
lucoia

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:19:31 AM

WTB 10btc worth of EACs at 25 satoshi.

PM me.
1Kb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:20:13 AM

Yeah I did read it. It was a very good post!

Just Fyi, one of the open tasks at this moment is to allign or atleast flag inconsitancies between our websites. This should only consume time but still this is not being picked up by anyone. Yet it requires no real skills.
And it may sound like I am attacking Biomech with this comment, but that is not intended.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:31:12 AM

Just Fyi, one of the open tasks at this moment is to allign or atleast flag inconsitancies between our websites. This should only consume time but still this is not being picked up by anyone. Yet it requires no real skills.
And it may sound like I am attacking Biomech with this comment, but that is not intended.

PM me with the details. I'm off to bed right now, as it's 2:27 AM and I have shit to do tomorrow, but this sounds like something right up my alley.

I have lots of skills that might not be considered real Cheesy

I also have a couple promo ideas that just popped into my head. No details until I think about it more, cuz I'm tired and it might end up being stupid. One of 'em involves gambling. Don't know your stance on that, but I'm a gambler and I support gambling as valid promotion. If I do that one, I'll do it on my own hook and say so, but it'll be denominated in EAC.

And with that, I'm off to bed. I want this coin to succeed, and will help in whatever small capacity I can offer.

Also, I have a lot of experience as a manager in food service. I'm not sure where that skill might be helpful, but if you or others have use of it, let me know.
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:34:43 AM

My lack of help has nothing to do with emotion... it called being human. I help manage a growing farm, I am studying a nursing degree full-time, I work various security details, and I am a personal trainer, plus being a husband and father. On top of this I am learning a whole new language and skillset by mining and supporting crypto-currency.

There only so much one can do and as I type this it has been 36 hours since I was last in bed and got any decent sleep.

I am doing my best to find some time each day to do something with EAC even if it is complain on the forums!!!
1Kb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:38:07 AM

PM me with the details. I'm off to bed right now, as it's 2:27 AM and I have shit to do tomorrow, but this sounds like something right up my alley.

I have lots of skills that might not be considered real Cheesy

I also have a couple promo ideas that just popped into my head. No details until I think about it more, cuz I'm tired and it might end up being stupid. One of 'em involves gambling. Don't know your stance on that, but I'm a gambler and I support gambling as valid promotion. If I do that one, I'll do it on my own hook and say so, but it'll be denominated in EAC.

And with that, I'm off to bed. I want this coin to succeed, and will help in whatever small capacity I can offer.

Also, I have a lot of experience as a manager in food service. I'm not sure where that skill might be helpful, but if you or others have use of it, let me know.

Sent you a PM.
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:45:26 AM

This just came through from my KDC contacts -

https://altoutlet.com/

have look... can someone who knows someone get EAC on there... lots of good stuff like Raspberry Pi.

Com'on dev team... get off you hands and make this stuff happen. If zero-premine coin like KDC and do this stuff with an unpaid, dirt poor dev team... why is EAC so far behind with a well-heeled and well-paid dev team... excuses are starting to get really annoying.
1Kb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:46:32 AM

My lack of help has nothing to do with emotion... it called being human. I help manage a growing farm, I am studying a nursing degree full-time, I work various security details, and I am a personal trainer, plus being a husband and father. On top of this I am learning a whole new language and skillset by mining and supporting crypto-currency.

There only so much one can do and as I type this it has been 36 hours since I was last in bed and got any decent sleep.

I am doing my best to find some time each day to do something with EAC even if it is complain on the forums!!!

There is no argument from me to say you have not done something for EarthCoin. I really like what you have done so far and I know that you have limited time. I also understand that you might feel offended by the question as you already have done so much. But you are not alone, we should be able to answer that question as a community not as an individual. So from community perspective, what emotion is holding us back?

As it looks at this moment (to me), it looks like the premine finally took its price and it has cought us in Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
deus

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:08:46 AM

gogogogogogo pump

Let's Color the MOON: XzFM1BLqxDM8xEhbzw7iq23uRzuQqT3fGP
studyjava

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:45:58 PM

Is earth coin still alive?
cocacolazero

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:02:59 PM

Is earth coin still alive?
Yes, a lot.
sedrchang

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:03:38 PM

Let me help you all newbs that looks like dont know anything bout economy & how to analyze things, if someone delete this post,then eac is a scam coin.

First before first, im a Forex trader, from this i got tons of knowledge, the first is DONT Hope, if you Hope then you dont know what you are doing, analyze the thing in front of you(EAC/etc) before make any decision And IF after the decision you see its not going well/towards your analysis.. CUT the LOSSES> Move On > See other target.

First, first time i hear about this coin is, this is a coin to help human in trouble, already using EAC to help causes.

Okkay, i believe this coin a future that day , couple weeks later, no other news till now =
-hmmm.. that news/words about EAC for causes could be fake by dev.. then if this coin purpose not for causes.. then theres still other uses =
     - For gamecoin? maybe, but majority use other coin not EAC
     - Earthbazar or something(?) okkay.. lets see what they sell.. nothing wow, just phone case and other cheap stuff (BTC/LTC/DOGE merchant
        including jewelery , stuff(s) ,paintings, etc etc)

Okkayy.. just that 2? thats worth nothing compared to other coin like BTC(of course) ,LTC(of coursee), Doge, and Auroracoin

I believe Auroracoin can be important, altou its basically just another LTC , because it have real purpose (lets see if AUR dev really give 31.8 AUR to Icelandic people, and see how people will use it... dump it or what)

So with the EAC purpose smell like fakefart and the dev all silent and no use to buy(mid-high range) stuff, this coin only become mine and dump = deadcoin sooner or later.

Regards
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

Brand new pool, need miners!  Smiley

eac.charityminingpools.com

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5 Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:28:34 PM

We're going to be in our IRC chat in approx one hour.

at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#earthcoin for those that want to join in on the discussion.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:07:11 PM

So what was the result?
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: