Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 02:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840293 times)
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:34:22 AM

I want to share some other discovery I made today:

In the last few days I was playing around with several other settings like --queue --expiry and --scan-time. And the more time passed, the less blocks my miners picked up. I tried all kinds of things to get it working again like resetting router, restarting rigs, ... I was about to give up when it occurred to me that the part of these settings might still have been stored and corrupted my mining settings. Then I remembered something you do when testing out new settings, to delete the "scrypt130511Tahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin" file in the cgminer folder.

No more than 10 minutes passed after deleting this file and my miners found already the first block again.

To make a long story short - if you play around with several settings and experience bad luck, try deleting this file - as this will reset and rebuild your proper mining settings.

Also, another tip:

If you add at least 2 --fallover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password backup pools to your .bat file, you will increase your chances of finding a block while solo mining, as you will use the stratum's servers data to update your miner when a block gets found, so you are always working on the latest block. (And thus avoiding orphaned blocks.)

it's good practice to always start your .bat with del *.bin  Smiley .. how do you know your change in settings  made any difference in such a short time frame? You could have been just unlucky at that point rather then it was the settings. I started my own testing myself, will report back how it goes .. 4 blocks found so far in 7 hrs .. i guess i'm pretty lucky tho tonight hehe .. and thanks for the tip about the failover, added it to my bat aswell  Smiley

How I know that my changes made a difference in such a short time frame?

- Well I played around with the expiry and scan-time values, which made it much worse (no blocks were found in 24 hours), because if you are setting it too low, you are decreasing your chances

Code:
By setting each of these to 1 and 1, you're going for the insanity wolf level of difficulty: Every 1 second, go see if there's new work, and if you can't verify the work for 1 second, stop scanning.

Sensible settings are x0.25 - x0.5 your block confirmation time for expiry, and -1 for scan time: That ensure that you check for work on average 2-4 times before you actually expect to see new work on average, even though with stratum you don't need to, and you'll keep looking even in the case that the current work couldn't be verified to be current.

And then I just took off those three arguments, but did not delete my bin file. Obviously, my miners did not revert back to the standard cgminer settings. But they kept mining with the last expiry and scan-time values set. But as soon as I figured out that I need to reset my cgminer by deleting the .bat file, I found already 3 blocks in the last 6 hours.

That also shows you have to research more before you start playing around with those arguments (expiry, scan-time & queue). That's why I quoted that paragraph above, so if you want to adjust them yourself.

Also, add as many --failover-only pools (obviously the biggest ones you can find) as it connects you to their stratum data stream and updates you the second a block was found on the network (instead of the regular 60 seconds). I have right now 9 backup pools configured  Wink.
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:38:22 AM

I have been testing solo mining too and after 6 hours i found the first block with 1300kh. Thats more than the estimated i could get in a pool on 24h. Now i am on the second block at about 12h, let see how it goes. But still this is all about luck. If i find a block in the next 8 hours i will have the double income, if not, i still on profit of about 1000 EAC... I can see bumblebee33 point now.

I just wanted to show everybody that at these difficulties and with medium size hardware, you can still find blocks solo mining. Even if you are making about the same as on a pool, you are still better off. In fact is you are probably making at least twice as much as with a pool. You know 100% that nobody is skimming off you, as you are completely in charge.

So if you can afford to take chances with solo mining, then it's totally worth it. Plus it gives you like a gold rush feeling whenever your workers found a block.  Smiley

found the 2nd one.
27000 in 24h @ 300kh/s.

nice bumbleBAM Cheesy ty again. this works quite good.
Congratulations!!! Cheesy
This proves that even with 300 KH/s you can be immensely successful.

Try using my other tip I added above:

Add as many of the biggest EAC pool stratum servers as --failover-only arguments. The same second a block is found on the network, it will update your miner and you can concentrate solving the latest block. This should increase your chances and reduce orphaned blocks.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

I have been testing solo mining too and after 6 hours i found the first block with 1300kh. Thats more than the estimated i could get in a pool on 24h. Now i am on the second block at about 12h, let see how it goes. But still this is all about luck. If i find a block in the next 8 hours i will have the double income, if not, i still on profit of about 1000 EAC... I can see bumblebee33 point now.

I just wanted to show everybody that at these difficulties and with medium size hardware, you can still find blocks solo mining. Even if you are making about the same as on a pool, you are still better off. In fact is you are probably making at least twice as much as with a pool. You know 100% that nobody is skimming off you, as you are completely in charge.

So if you can afford to take chances with solo mining, then it's totally worth it. Plus it gives you like a gold rush feeling whenever your workers found a block.  Smiley

found the 2nd one.
27000 in 24h @ 300kh/s.

Add as many of the biggest EAC pool stratum servers as --failover-only arguments. The same second a block is found on the network, it will update your miner and you can concentrate solving the latest block. This should increase your chances and reduce orphaned blocks.
Same here, been solo mining for 21 hours with 1Mh, 2 blocks found Cheesy Thats 23K in my wallet, in a pool maybe got 6K. The additional starum servers seems to work like a charm!
Is there someting in the protocol to explain this?
minerman1234

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:04:20 AM

So if you can afford to take chances with solo mining, then it's totally worth it. Plus it gives you like a gold rush feeling whenever your workers found a block.  Smiley

found the 2nd one.
27000 in 24h @ 300kh/s.

Same here, been solo mining for 21 hours with 1Mh, 2 blocks found Cheesy Thats 23K in my wallet, in a pool maybe got 6K.

The protocol is functioning as intended.  To offer a very watered down explanation, imagine that with each block, your rig has to find the correct number between 1 and 100.  There's nothing that says that you can't find that 1 number before anyone else does.  With that said, there's a chance that you could go the next two days without finding a block, it's about luck.  Technically this concept is the same throughout, theoretically you could start mining any coin and you might just get lucky.  Of course, as difficulty increases, your chances decrease.

Although I think it's still too early for this, the more logical explanation is that the pool owners are skimming off the top.  Three days later going into the fourth, and I still have yet to have one day where I haven't earned more than I would have if I were still in a pool.  I've been inputting data into a graph, and the daily increase I'm witnessing is noticeably dramatic.  Even if I didn't find a single block for the next three days, I would still have earned more than I would have in the pools.  Numbers don't lie, and so far the truth is shocking.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
KimmyF

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:37:28 AM

Same here, been solo mining for 21 hours with 1Mh, 2 blocks found Cheesy Thats 23K in my wallet, in a pool maybe got 6K.

The protocol is functioning as intended.  To offer a very watered down explanation, imagine that with each block, your rig has to find the correct number between 1 and 100.  There's nothing that says that you can't find that 1 number before anyone else does.  With that said, there's a chance that you could go the next two days without finding a block, it's about luck.  Technically this concept is the same throughout, theoretically you could start mining any coin and you might just get lucky.  Of course, as difficulty increases, your chances decrease.

Although I think it's still too early for this, the more logical explanation is that the pool owners are skimming off the top.  Three days later going into the fourth, and I still have yet to have one day where I haven't earned more than I would have if I were still in a pool.  I've been inputting data into a graph, and the daily increase I'm witnessing is noticeably dramatic.  Even if I didn't find a single block for the next three days, I would still have earned more than I would have in the pools.  Numbers don't lie, and so far the truth is shocking.
I know the test period is to short, but still .... so far every miner that followed Bumblebee and reported back got more coins. Cant be only luck, the statistical numbers just don't add up. Maybe we know more if a small group made a deal to stick to solo for a longer period and see what we got after a while.
I can keep going solo for a couple days more, even if i find no more blocks still end up with more eac compared to staying with poolerino
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:46:34 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 10:58:08 AM by bumblebee33

In the last few days I was playing around with several other settings like --queue --expiry and --scan-time. And the more time passed, the less blocks my miners picked up. I tried all kinds of things to get it working again like resetting router, restarting rigs, ... I was about to give up when it occurred to me that the part of these settings might still have been stored and corrupted my mining settings. Then I remembered something you do when testing out new settings, to delete the "scrypt130511Tahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin" file in the cgminer folder.

No more than 10 minutes passed after deleting this file and my miners found already the first block again.

To make a long story short - if you play around with several settings and experience bad luck, try deleting this file - as this will reset and rebuild your proper mining settings.

Also, another tip:

If you add at least 2 --fallover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password backup pools to your .bat file, you will increase your chances of finding a block while solo mining, as you will use the stratum's servers data to update your miner when a block gets found, so you are always working on the latest block. (And thus avoiding orphaned blocks.)

Could you please post your cgminer + earthcoin.conf settings? Cheesy

earthcoin.conf

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=15678
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcconnect=192.168.1.*
addnode=77.244.7.167
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=75.70.192.211
addnode=135.0.165.152
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=24.151.4.241

cgminer

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:15678 -u user -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool2.com:xxxx -u user -p password -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-fan 30-85 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1500 --no-submit-stale

Obviously substitute pool.com & pool2.com with popular stratum EAC pools. Right now I have 10 failover pools that feed data constantly to my miner.

Use localhost if wallet is on the same computer as miners. If you run miners off different computer use your IP: 192.168.1.xx:15678.
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:51:24 AM

I know the test period is to short, but still .... so far every miner that followed Bumblebee and reported back got more coins. Cant be only luck, the statistical numbers just don't add up. Maybe we know more if a small group made a deal to stick to solo for a longer period and see what we got after a while.
I can keep going solo for a couple days more, even if i find no more blocks still end up with more eac compared to staying with poolerino

I am not going back to pool mining in the near future. As long as I get paid out 2 - 3 times more going solo, why would anybody go...
If you want to start a "control group" solo mining, count me in.
KimmyF

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:08:03 AM

I am not going back to pool mining in the near future. As long as I get paid out 2 - 3 times more going solo, why would anybody go...
Am trying to link the reported blocks from poolerino with the chain (to see if more happened than reported on there site), but the chain explorer will not show all transactions on that address (to many) Is there a another online way to get this info?
KimmyF

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:34:40 AM

Also, another tip:

earthcoin.conf

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=15678
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcconnect=192.168.1.*
addnode=77.244.7.167
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=75.70.192.211
addnode=135.0.165.152
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=24.151.4.241

cgminer

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:15678 -u user -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool.com:xxxx -u user -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://pool2.com:xxxx -u user -p password -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-fan 30-85 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1500 --no-submit-stale

Obviously substitute pool.com & pool2.com with popular stratum EAC pools. Right now I have 10 failover pools that feed data constantly to my miner.

Use localhost if wallet is on the same computer as miners. If you run miners off different computer use your IP: 192.168.1.xx:15678.

Thanks! Similar to what I had already setup, hopefully I will eventually find some blocks now...
Are you sure you are solo mining? looks to me this setup cannot be copied 1-1, local host will resolve to 127.0.0.1 on windows and the user/pass combi is different
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:39:47 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 10:54:17 AM by bumblebee33

Also, another tip:

earthcoin.conf

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=15678
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcconnect=192.168.1.*
addnode=77.244.7.167
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=75.70.192.211
addnode=135.0.165.152
addnode=188.194.13.44
addnode=24.151.4.241

cgminer

Thanks! Similar to what I had already setup, hopefully I will eventually find some blocks now...
Are you sure you are solo mining? looks to me this setup cannot be copied 1-1, local host will resolve to 127.0.0.1 on windows and the user/pass combi is different

user/pass combination needs to be adjusted for each one on their own. This is not my combination  Wink.

And as I explained, localhost is used if you are mining on the same computer as your open wallet. If you have more miners (rigs) you need to use your IP of the wallet computer on your mining rig computers. But otherwise, I use -o localhost:15678. (no need to add http:// or http://127.0.0.1)

looks to me this setup cannot be copied 1-1

Why can it not be copied? You obviously need to adjust certain settings with your own values: e.g. username, password, IP address of your router, fail-over pools.
So besides the *mistake* in username & password, this is my working configuration. -- To answer your question, yes I am solo mining.

Your tone to my volunteering and helping people get started with solo mining is not too nice, I have to say.
KimmyF

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

Your tone to my volunteering and helping people get started with solo mining is not too nice, I have to say.
Than i own you a BIG apology, not just words but i really mean that.
Your observations (solo vs pool) helped me a lot, and hopefully the rest of the community!

But i am still a newbie, and spend a lot of time just copying configs of bitcointalk hoping for results, just to fail. The only reason i replyed those comments where to get a solo mining config online so more people can follow your advice without having to debug.

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

Am trying to link the reported blocks from poolerino with the chain (to see if more happened than reported on there site), but the chain explorer will not show all transactions on that address (to many) Is there a another online way to get this info?

maybe poolerino can help ? What can we do for you, I dont understand a bit Wink
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:24:50 AM

Than i own you a BIG apology, not just words but i really mean that.
Your observations (solo vs pool) helped me a lot, and hopefully the rest of the community!

But i am still a newbie, and spend a lot of time just copying configs of bitcointalk hoping for results, just to fail. The only reason i replyed those comments where to get a solo mining config online so more people can follow your advice without having to debug.

Apology accepted.

Most of the time you cannot copy/paste information, but fill in your own values. For example there are routers that have IP 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, ... I thought that was clear, but I see your point.
mboot

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:36:34 PM

Well, as i said before, this is all about luck and it seems i'm having some bad luck now. I've been working on a block for 36h now without luck, it is a bad block for sure. So i reseted it and i'm working on a new one now. Let see how it goes...
bumblebee33

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

Well, as i said before, this is all about luck and it seems i'm having some bad luck now. I've been working on a block for 36h now without luck, it is a bad block for sure. So i reseted it and i'm working on a new one now. Let see how it goes...

I think you are always working on new blocks. Whenever a block gets discovered, it get's broadcast on the network and to your miner - and you are starting to work on a new block. This happens around every minute, sometimes longer.

That's how I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.
crypto777

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

Hi,

What are you think about this idea -

if possible to create that 10-20% from all new EAC mining automatically go to EAC community special wallet address.

And use that EAC to pay developers who will create applications for EAC (Androis, IOS wallet, Windows 8 mobile wallet, tips promotion, ads, special websites, etc.)

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Quarkcoin... 200+ cryptocurrencies LIVE Analytics @ http://altcoins.wiki

Cryptocurrency Payment API - https://gourl.io

Mordillo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:11:57 PM

And use that EAC to pay developers

the devs hold enough pre-mined coins... no need to donate them more.  Roll Eyes

mboot

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:14:20 PM

I think you are always working on new blocks. Whenever a block gets discovered, it get's broadcast on the network and to your miner - and you are starting to work on a new block. This happens around every minute, sometimes longer.

That's how I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.

No, thats not how it works, that information "a new block was found on the network" is just to inform you that someone else found a new block. When you start on a block, it only stops to work on that block when you solve it...
tbitt

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:31:13 PM

And use that EAC to pay developers

the devs hold enough pre-mined coins... no need to donate them more.  Roll Eyes

+1

You can use those coins to support merchants by buying their products with EAC.
There is silver, salts, clothing, pins and some more available to buy at the moment.

www.earthazaar.com is the place to go. It's not ready just yet but as far as I know it's soon fully opened.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:39:10 PM

For your info:

We are moving eac.poolerino.com to a new hoster, moving is done, downtime depends on your dns updates.
Shouldnt be long.

Mike
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: