Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231196 times)
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:04:07 PM

just tested withdrawing 0.1 BTC.

Worked fine...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:08:31 PM

just tested withdrawing 0.1 BTC.

Worked fine...

Yeah, the issue seems to be limited to some people/accounts. I've done two BTC withdrawals today that worked exactly the same as always.
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:12:54 PM

I don't think they are stopping smaller deposits/withdrawels.

It seems to be getting hung up on $xxxx

Can we get a response from Bitstamp?

I've tweeted, sent support tickets and sent a pm to rep here, not a single reply in over 48 hrs.  (sent to Hazek) only hour or so ago....
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:26:40 PM

Quick question, because I've heard from others in similar situations:

You already had a 'verified' account (i.e. you already had submitted passport copy, and a utility bill) before, and now they asked for *additional* information? Is that the situation you're in?

If so, can we maybe get some clarifying remarks on this matter from Bitstamp? Hazek, maybe?

Yeah...

This is the situation that I am in, not for withdrawing BTC or USD, but for depositing $10K USD.

They asked for both pages of my passport as opposed to just the one page as they already have I suppose.

and your 10k $ deposit is pending now? or did they ask for it before you made the wire transfer?

Oh no...they let me make the wire transfer before asking for another scan of my passport to match the one that they already have.

But it was a SEPA transfer and I did make it about 10 minutes after I made the deposit notification on Bitstamp. The support staff did confirm that they had received my payment.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kakobrekla

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:29:39 PM

DO NOT WORRY, to all people who cannot withdraw their monies I will summarize:

Bitstamp. How an exchange should be run. Tongue

See, I told you he is retarded.

Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:37:20 PM

Quick question, because I've heard from others in similar situations:

You already had a 'verified' account (i.e. you already had submitted passport copy, and a utility bill) before, and now they asked for *additional* information? Is that the situation you're in?

If so, can we maybe get some clarifying remarks on this matter from Bitstamp? Hazek, maybe?

Yeah...

This is the situation that I am in, not for withdrawing BTC or USD, but for depositing $10K USD.

They asked for both pages of my passport as opposed to just the one page as they already have I suppose.

and your 10k $ deposit is pending now? or did they ask for it before you made the wire transfer?

Oh no...they let me make the wire transfer before asking for another scan of my passport to match the one that they already have.

But it was a SEPA transfer and I did make it about 10 minutes after I made the deposit notification on Bitstamp. The support staff did confirm that they had received my payment.

How did you get in contact with the support staff? has it shown up in your balance?
oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:41:46 PM

Bitstamp. How an exchange should be run. :P

Awww :3 You waited for that one, huh?

We'll talk again in about 24h. If they fix it rather quickly, like they did always so far, I'll eagerly await your return to this thread.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
kakobrekla

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:52:48 PM

We'll talk again in about 24h. If they fix it rather quickly, like they did always so far, I'll eagerly await your return to this thread.

Didn't have to wait more than a few minutes. And they were shit before, they will remain shit. Nothing will change in 24hrs except for your delusions perhaps.

oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

Didn't have to wait more than a few minutes. And they were shit before, they will remain shit. Nothing will change in 24hrs except for your delusions perhaps.

Ciao, bella. Off to ignore you go Cheesy

For the less retarded part of the audience, here's the result of my test (as posted in the wall thread a second ago)...

re: Bitstamp withdrawal.

Might be some automatized safety thing, that wasn't exactly thought through very well?

Maybe something like: If IP address changes regularly, stop withdrawal. Something moronic like that.

Aaanyway...

Just bought 1 btc for testing purposes, and btc withdrawal works for me, as they always did. Arrived at my address a few minutes later.

NOTE: I'm not denying that some accounts have problems withdrawing, but at least we know that not all accounts are affected.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
kakobrekla

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

NOTE: I'm not denying that some accounts have problems withdrawing, but at least we know that not all accounts are affected.

Just like only some people on the forum are retarded and put you on ignore once you show them teh truth.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:11:07 PM

How did you get in contact with the support staff? has it shown up in your balance?

Support contacted me advising me that they had received funds but needed another scan of my passport for some reason before they could credit my account. They said that this was because I went over a limit that they needed to request further identification (it was a $10K deposit).

Definitely something very amiss affecting the whole of Bitcoinland at the moment but as of yet, I don't mistrust at least having USD in my account at Bitstamp......and anyone who is familiar with my posts will know I mistrust just about every other Bitcoin institution and have either pulled funds from them or wouldn't even have funds on them to begin with.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:19:15 PM

Support contacted me advising me that they had received funds but needed another scan of my passport for some reason before they could credit my account. They said that this was because I went over a limit that they needed to request further identification (it was a $10K deposit).

Definitely something very amiss affecting the whole of Bitcoinland at the moment but as of yet, I don't mistrust at least having USD in my account at Bitstamp......and anyone who is familiar with my posts will know I mistrust just about every other Bitcoin institution and have either pulled funds from them or wouldn't even have funds on them to begin with.

I tried to do a $9000 withdrawal, week later they wrote back and said my bank details were not correct, can I check them and try again.

Never changed them before and as they are saved never needed to, so that was a bit puzzling.

Anyway, re-entered all the information and requested $6000

Got the KYC questions.

Replied to all of them about 2 to 3 days ago and I've heard nothing back, maybe I'm worrying a bit prematurely but I don't like the wait.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:27:53 PM

Replied to all of them about 2 to 3 days ago and I've heard nothing back, maybe I'm worrying a bit prematurely but I don't like the wait.

Definitely something going on, seeing as both these new KYC questions and the BTC withdrawal issues are popping up almost at the same time.. and the waiting times seem to be getting longer.. I only needed to wait 1-2 days for my withdrawal to go through, and support always replied within 24 hours.
dust

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:30:20 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 03:02:57 PM by dust

I am also waiting 2+ days on a response after requesting a USD withdrawal and responding to the KYC questions (which they provided promptly after my initial withdrawal request).  This is my first time withdrawing from bitstamp so I don't know what to expect.

Edit 2/20: Support replied and says the withdraw request will proceed.  USD still shows in my account.
Edit 2/21: The wire appears to have been sent.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

I tried to do a $9000 withdrawal, week later they wrote back and said my bank details were not correct, can I check them and try again.

Never changed them before and as they are saved never needed to, so that was a bit puzzling.

Anyway, re-entered all the information and requested $6000

Got the KYC questions.

I have $24K with them now in fiat. I suspect that there is something rather nefarious affecting the whole of Bitcoinland at the moment. Bitstamp I would consider more watertight a ship than most but it could well be that they have had their automated system hacked and defrauded and are needing to do staged transaction slow downs for some reason, whether that be whilst they analyse and test their system or worst case scenario, in order to remain solvent.

I suspect that the request for KYC customer confirmations is also partly a measure against fraudulent transactions, in the midst of a shit-storm of hacking and cyber theft in Bitcoinland. A hacker might be able to gain access to Bitstamp accounts and buy/sell Bitcoins and make fiat or Bitcoin transactions, but they will have much greater difficulty in providing scans of passports in order to get transactions involving BTC or USD leaving the system, finalised.

Edit: My $14K (twas €10K) is now with the exchange.

Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:53:19 PM

Started thread in main section, not sure how long it will stay but people need to know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477281.new#new
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:55:34 PM

To make matters worse, Hazek (the support guy of Bitstamp) last logged in today half an hour ago on this site but he is not responding !!
He is reading this but he is not responding!!

Come on man, you can not take money hostage and then dont respond to support tickets anymore.
You are playing with people's lives here. Some of us need this money to pay for (medical) bills or pay rent.
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:58:49 PM

Finally got a response : automated one no doubt.

We sincerely apologize for the late reply.

thank you for your cooperation. We have instructed our administration to further process your withdrawal request. Please be advised that we may further contact you if additional KYC checking be necessary.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:26:19 PM

There are no general Bitcoin withdrawal issues presently. User's who are reporting that they are unable to withdraw Bitcoins will be notified individually via email.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:43:18 PM

I was just greeted with a big red warning that told me my password is too old and that I had to change it.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: