Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231171 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:44:33 AM

What is the maximum amount I can withdraw in fiat when I am verified on Bitstamp? Can't see it anywhere.. Thanks.

It depends on your bank, not on Bitstamp. They are more than happy if you do work through them. On the other hand your bank might not be impressed if it receives a 100k transfer.

Why is that? I never understood this. It's my money, the bank is merely allowed to hold it for me. Seriously, what do I pay those fuckers for?

They are the to inform the IRS if they see suspicious activity, and a 100k transfer is suspicious.

Okay so report it (even though I still have problems with that but okay). At least process the damn transfer instead of rejecting it.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
general lee

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:51:35 PM

Bitstamp is a leader at the moment. But I think it is time for new players (may be crypsty).
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:11:08 PM

Today I received a message about a failed deposit to BitStamp. It was a SEPA transfer from a Finnish bank S-Pankki. I checked the IBAN account number and it is indeed correct.

It took about 48h for money to come back to the originating account. It was a 1xx euros. The reason for returning funds says: "Tili lopetettu", which in English means "Account closed".

Anyone else have similar problems? It is rather strange as it is a deposit to BitStamp, not a withdrawal.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

Today I received a message about a failed deposit to BitStamp. It was a SEPA transfer from a Finnish bank S-Pankki. I checked the IBAN account number and it is indeed correct.

It took about 48h for money to come back to the originating account. It was a 1xx euros. The reason for returning funds says: "Tili lopetettu", which in English means "Account closed".

Anyone else have similar problems? It is rather strange as it is a deposit to BitStamp, not a withdrawal.

Have deposited with sepa some days ago, no problem.

Maybe your bank has blocked their bank account!

pandit

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:43:48 AM

any return fee bank charged to you for this transaction

Broseph Stalin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:57:32 AM

Hm.. some weird little things have happened lately.. first I had 15 BTC in my account.. a while later it was down to 14.74.. I just let it go as there were no withdrawals/no activity.
Today, 2-3 days later.. my dollar amount was negative (-$6).

I removed some of my buy orders and that fixed it.. but still strange.
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:22:34 AM

any return fee bank charged to you for this transaction

There were no fees.
JoHoP

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:27:52 AM

Already 5th days Bitstamp Support  ignores my "verification" tickets. 3 tickets was sent, but no answer from them. Does anyone have similar problems.
I start to think that they have problems with capitalization and they do not want to verify customers.
I hope that I am wrong.
wardla

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:57:16 AM

What is the maximum amount I can withdraw in fiat when I am verified on Bitstamp? Can't see it anywhere.. Thanks.

I have withdraw $21000 before no problem at all.
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:11:47 AM

I have used Bitstamp a lot and have always found them honest reliable and efficient.

But recently they have started an initiative called KYC that involves answering questions than no sensible person could answer truthfully - like "What is the source of the funds which you have so far deposited to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired." and also questions about the future and purpose which noone can answer any way.

I refused this, and had my deposits returned to me, but - not Bitstamps fault I'll admit - in the process I lost about £800 due to exchange rate moves and differential rates. Now I can make no fiat withdrawals or deposits until they change their minds.

I am a long term user of Bitsamp and fully verified, so this is a real loss to me, but until they change their minds I cannot see how I can use BS again. There are many others who have complained about this initiative as well, and presumably they have no choice about this, but I do feel strongly that the existing questions as asked are untenable and they need to concentrate harder on making something more palatable.

So very disappointed right now with Bitstamp, but if you are not subject to their KYC rules, then all is good.

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

There's no way I'm giving that sort of information to Stamp the only person who I would give this information to is a third party notary.

Seems a new exchange where I can get my money out may be in order.

Oh and Im a long time user who has paid a fair few $'s in fees and would rather not have to move.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:29:00 PM

Please make sure to submit a deposit request before making a deposit and to accurately copy our IBAN. Our bank account is not closed and we are not experiencing any general issues with receiving or sending transfers.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:31:22 PM

I have used Bitstamp a lot and have always found them honest reliable and efficient.

But recently they have started an initiative called KYC that involves answering questions than no sensible person could answer truthfully - like "What is the source of the funds which you have so far deposited to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired." and also questions about the future and purpose which noone can answer any way.

I refused this, and had my deposits returned to me, but - not Bitstamps fault I'll admit - in the process I lost about £800 due to exchange rate moves and differential rates. Now I can make no fiat withdrawals or deposits until they change their minds.

I am a long term user of Bitsamp and fully verified, so this is a real loss to me, but until they change their minds I cannot see how I can use BS again. There are many others who have complained about this initiative as well, and presumably they have no choice about this, but I do feel strongly that the existing questions as asked are untenable and they need to concentrate harder on making something more palatable.

So very disappointed right now with Bitstamp, but if you are not subject to their KYC rules, then all is good.

I am in the same situation. I told them the truth. It is savings money my parents gave me...
How can I proove that? I hope they accept my explanation. I give as much details as possible. I registered an account in march 2013. I was really happy with their costumer service and good interface. So it would be sad to not be able to use it anymore...

And I don't get it... I have no more then 12k USD deposited. Is that considered as a "large amount"? strange...

edit: they said I needed to tell them those details because my deposit of 220 USD "meets some of our volume and frequency thresholds" ??
It was only 220 USD? I never did very large deposits? And my previous deposit dates back from march 20 (!) and was just 330 USD...
oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:11:55 PM

I'd like to chime in on the KYC/AML questionnaire topic:

I haven't triggered this questionnaire yet, but almost certainly will once I withdraw (some of) my deposits on Bitstamp. So I already mentally prepared myself to be subject to this, admittedly a bit annoying, list of questions.

Here is my preliminary conclusion about this topic though:

The KYC questionnaire by Bitstamp is, most likely, just trying to play it safe.

They accept (to my knowledge) customers from all over the world. By asking relatively intrusive questions, they want to be in a position to have a reasonable answer to any requests from law enforcement agencies that might be directed at them in the future.

"That's not what Bitcoin is about!", you say? Maybe. But Bitstamp is a company, and they hold my money, so in that sense, keeping the company alive is more important than the more libertarian principles behind Bitcoin as a whole.

Now, here is my request to those who already filled in the questionnaire:

Can you let us know, in this thread, if your answers were rejected for some reason.

Because that's the only case in which I personally would start getting nervous. Bitstamp asking those questions I understand, but if, for example, they would reject an answer like that of dnaleor above ("money from my parents"), then I'd have to conclude we're in real trouble, and that Bitstamp is possibly trying to stall executing withdrawals, i.e. a situation similar to mtgox last year.

tl;dr Please let us know in here iff Bitstamp *rejected* the answers to your KYC questionnaire.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:17:48 PM

Because that's the only case in which I personally would start getting nervous. Bitstamp asking those questions I understand, but if, for example, they would reject an answer like that of dnaleor above ("money from my parents"), then I'd have to conclude we're in real trouble, and that Bitstamp is possibly trying to stall executing withdrawals, i.e. a situation similar to mtgox last year.

tl;dr Please let us know in here iff Bitstamp *rejected* the answers to your KYC questionnaire.

I will post the results of my answer here. I want to stress the fact that it IS money from my parents and not "money from my parents" if you know what I mean Smiley
oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:22:36 PM

I will post the results of my answer here. I want to stress the fact that it IS money from my parents and not "money from my parents" if you know what I mean :)

Very cool. Thanks :)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

they are asking for bank statements. I already asked them what sort of bank statements they want to see. I asked them how I can proove that it is savings money. I hope they will give me a detailled explanation. I am not willing to send all my bank statements since I became 18 years old...

And they are also asking for an international passport. I am in my student house at the momeng. I will search for it this weekend, but I fear that my international passport is not valid anymore. I never tarvelled internationally outside the european union in the last 5 years. In Belgium we only need to have an ID card, not an international passport. And a new one costs 80 EUR. That is half of the money I wanted to deposit on my bitstamp account...  Undecided Undecided Undecided
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

they are asking for bank statements. I already asked them what sort of bank statements they want to see. I asked them how I can proove that it is savings money. I hope they will give me a detailled explanation. I am not willing to send all my bank statements since I became 18 years old...

And they are also asking for an international passport. I am in my student house at the momeng. I will search for it this weekend, but I fear that my international passport is not valid anymore. I never tarvelled internationally outside the european union in the last 5 years. In Belgium we only need to have an ID card, not an international passport. And a new one costs 80 EUR. That is half of the money I wanted to deposit on my bitstamp account...  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Dude just use another exchange especially if its only 160 EUR.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:39:22 PM

They told me my drivers license is also OK. Will try to send them the documents tonight...

About using another exchange, tell, me, which one?

I don't trust BTC-e. And it is very expensive to get EUR in.
Localbitcoins? Not for me...

Kraken maybe? Never tried it...

I am used to Bitstamp. I would like to continue using that exchange, but if it is impossible, I will need to change...

I will let you guys know what they think of the bank statements I send them. I will NOT be sending my whole financial hostory.
kirawei

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:56:23 PM

Hi,
My local bank rejected the withdrawal payment from Bitstamp and the money has been returned to Bitstamp!!! I tried to contact bitstamp's support. See following

Dear xxx,

Please note that we are unfortunately unable to provide support service outside Bitstamp Limited framework.

We kindly suggest you to contact the forums for additional assistance.

Best regards,
Tomaž Rozman

Anyone has any idea what I should do to get my money back?  Obiviously they are holding my money now. But they did not either contact me or credit the money back to my Bitstamp account. Really worried now.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: