Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231171 times)
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

They told me my drivers license is also OK. Will try to send them the documents tonight...

About using another exchange, tell, me, which one?

I don't trust BTC-e. And it is very expensive to get EUR in.
Localbitcoins? Not for me...

Kraken maybe? Never tried it...

I am used to Bitstamp. I would like to continue using that exchange, but if it is impossible, I will need to change...

I will let you guys know what they think of the bank statements I send them. I will NOT be sending my whole financial hostory.

Hi mate.. I used localbitcoins to buy my first 6-7 coins in separate buys 1-2 coins each time and had zero problems.

Also, as i see you're in EU - bitcoin.de is ok. I haven't tried Kraken yet, but i believe it'S alright. I also used Stamp for 6 months. but don't really bother with it anymore.. i have as much coins as i need for now! If i need to buy more, my options are bitcoin.de, Stamp or lastly localbitcoins.
To sell, I'd only use Stamp.

The next 24 hours are critical!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:02:10 PM

They told me my drivers license is also OK. Will try to send them the documents tonight...

About using another exchange, tell, me, which one?

I don't trust BTC-e. And it is very expensive to get EUR in.
Localbitcoins? Not for me...

Kraken maybe? Never tried it...

I am used to Bitstamp. I would like to continue using that exchange, but if it is impossible, I will need to change...

I will let you guys know what they think of the bank statements I send them. I will NOT be sending my whole financial hostory.
I am using Kraken and it works just fine for me Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

Hi,
My local bank rejected the withdrawal payment from Bitstamp and the money has been returned to Bitstamp!!! I tried to contact bitstamp's support. See following

Dear xxx,

Please note that we are unfortunately unable to provide support service outside Bitstamp Limited framework.

We kindly suggest you to contact the forums for additional assistance.

Best regards,
Tomaž Rozman

Anyone has any idea what I should do to get my money back?  Obiviously they are holding my money now. But they did not either contact me or credit the money back to my Bitstamp account. Really worried now.

Apologies for not better assisting you in your case. Typically when a withdrawal cannot be delivered to the intended recipient and the transfer returns back to our bank account we are notified about cases like this by our bank, which also helps us determine the original details of the transfer. Once we are notified we return the funds less banking costs back to your Bitstamp account as soon as possible.

Usually it can take up to as many additional days as it takes for the transfer to be deliver for the transfer to return to our bank account and sometimes a few additional business days before our bank notifies us so I kindly ask you to be patient. But definitely please message us if the transfer should not get returned to your Bitstamp account in 10 business days and we will investigate further.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
JazzCouncil

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:02:03 PM

Saw couple months ago the report identified that Bitstamp held 100% of validated BTC balance and USD funds.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitstamp-audit-proves-behind-147m-mystery-bitcoin-wallet/

Cool. I wish the auditor who actually did the report would put its name out.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:14:02 PM

From the wall observer thread:

Bitstamp have updated their minimum order amount to $5:

Dear Bitstamp clients,

On May 15th, 2014 the minimum trade amount will be changed to $5.00.

Bitstamp’s accounting system rounds trading fees to pennies. To greatly reduce the impact of this rounding for our clients the minimum trade amount is being raised to $5.00.

The $5.00 trade minimum will apply to both our web interface and our API.

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-minimum-trade-changing-to-5/

Good decision, in my opinion.

Bot traders will complain perhaps, but for the majority it's an improvement, and shows that Bitstamp listens to customer complaints (about unfair fees, in this instance).

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:48:21 AM

Good decision, in my opinion.

Bot traders will complain perhaps, but for the majority it's an improvement, and shows that Bitstamp listens to customer complaints (about unfair fees, in this instance).

or just calculate with 0,00x€ fees and so on. I think Kraken does this. In the history a trade of e.g. 7€ with 0,1%fee has 0,00€ fee, but when you do one more trade 0,01€ is deducted.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:10:15 AM

I promised to let you know the outcome of my KYC procedure.

They accepted it after I provided them with bank statements.
I censored my balance and all deposits/transfers that had nothing to do with bitstamp so they could see that I deposited for example 500 EUR to my deposit account and a few days later/earlier I deposited an ammount that was in the same range to my bisttamp account.
I did this for 3 months of trading (so I didn't send them all the bank statements for all my deposits to bitstamp)

I also showed them I receive regular payments from my parents.

I hope they don't bother me again with those (silly) questions. I'm just a poor student, who receives some money from his parents...
(In a few months I will be working, so the problem of being "short on cash" will be solved) Cheesy
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:33:46 PM

Can Bitstamp respond to the allegations at the top of r/bitcoin today? Some in the comments are comparing it to the end of Gox and worried that the exchange is becoming insolvent, it would be helpful if you could clear up what the situation is before the rumours inevitably gain momentum.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26apno/bitstamp_will_not_process_withdrawal_unless_you/

lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:20:26 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 10:50:47 PM by lunarboy

Can Bitstamp respond to the allegations at the top of r/bitcoin today? Some in the comments are comparing it to the end of Gox and worried that the exchange is becoming insolvent, it would be helpful if you could clear up what the situation is before the rumours inevitably gain momentum.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26apno/bitstamp_will_not_process_withdrawal_unless_you/

+1 issue a clear statement on exactly what KYC/AML rules bitstamp is working to.
xybersurfer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:30:05 AM

this seems very dubious. never expected that from Bitstamp. especially the part about having to provide a signed message to withdraw funds. and them in the same message admitting that it's an advanced bitcoin feature.

you can't assume that there is access to these features at all the addresses bitcoins are sent to/from. i wonder if Bitstamp even provides access to this feature.

21pilot

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

that really seems like a weird way of KYC/AML  Huh
I know some large stock brokers ask for the origin of your wealth, but at a bitcoin exchange this is a
complete novelty...
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:43:58 PM

my btc withdrawals are disabled, what the hell bitstamp?

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:33:03 PM

I just instantly withdrawed 3.5 BTC from exchange. I confirmed withdraw by clicking e-mail, 30 seconds later transaction was in the blockchain.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:59:32 AM

What was the reason? What happend then?

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:43:57 AM

What was the reason? What happend then?

Security reasons, they enabled it pretty fast again after I created a ticket.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

I received the following message after depositing some money through a SEPA transfer:

Dear XXXXX,

we received your deposit transfer. However, as it meets some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp.

In order to do so, we are starting this additional KYC (know your customer) procedure which we must successfully complete before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to please send us an image of additional identification document (drivers license or national ID) and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which banks do you intend to use? Please provide the complete addresses and SWIFT codes.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
6. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

and as I find this completely inappropriate I have asked Bitstamp to refund my money. I hope this will be done promptly and without further hassles.

kehtolo

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:54:55 AM

I received the following message after depositing some money through a SEPA transfer:

Dear XXXXX,

we received your deposit transfer. However, as it meets some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp.

In order to do so, we are starting this additional KYC (know your customer) procedure which we must successfully complete before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to please send us an image of additional identification document (drivers license or national ID) and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which banks do you intend to use? Please provide the complete addresses and SWIFT codes.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?

Best regards,

and as I find this completely inappropriate I have asked Bitstamp to refund my money. I hope this will be done promptly and without further hassles.

Are you in the US? Also, if you wouldn't mind too much, how much did you try to deposit?

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:07:06 PM

Dear XXXXX,

Best regards,

Are you in the US? Also, if you wouldn't mind too much, how much did you try to deposit?

No, I'm in the Germany. It was a few thousand Euros.
kehtolo

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:25:06 PM

OK, thanks for that.. I've used them myself over the last year (I'm based in Austria) without any problems. Largest i put through was under €2500..
Also I withdrew around €2000 last christmas without any questions.
I still think it's a bit invasive asking so many questions, especially as our governments don't require it like the US.

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:24:12 AM

Dear XXXXX,

Best regards,

I withdrawed all my money on Bitstamp - BTC and SEPA last week. Bitcoins were on my address immediately. For SEPA transfer I had to wait 3-4 days before it was on my bank account. So looks like checks like this are not on all withdrawals. But anyway I am not coming back to Bitstamp. They had their chance.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: