Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058329 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:53:10 PM

I was wondering, and I am asking this principally to the people involved with the DGB dev team, if there is a need for an advanced scientific python developer? I doubt my skills are tuned towards most of what you guys do (I'm not a programmer I am a theoretical physicist) but I would like to help out over summer if I can, and get more involved with the community.

I've sent out a PM to Jared on the official digiforum but he hasn't responded yet (completely understandable, he's a busy guy).

If someone related to the DGB team can send me a PM either on here or on the digiforum (user: alaniz) with more info/suggestions I'd be delighted to check out whether I can help with any of the things you guys are currently working on.
good on ya bitkapp, that's the spirit!  Smiley

Loads of Raspberry Pi digibyte applications would probably require your kind of skills!

Haha true! NFC + Raspberry Pi = DigiByte payment station? I think hardware applications are probably more suited when digibyte becomes slightly more established. I was referring more to data analytics, statistical analysis, basically anything mathsy which would be useful to apply to DGB. Again I have to stress I am in no way a crypto expert or anything of the sort but I am assuming that an advanced mathematician who knows how to program in python and is familiar with network analysis (not computer networks specifically but networks in general i.e. PageRank etc.), statistics etc. could potentially come in handy?

Again I am just putting this out there and I have a few other projects that I could work on over summer so if you guys are not interested that's fine. On the other hand if you guys think I could be useful in any way PM me and we can talk details.

P.S. Just a very quick thought I had; maybe an index showing some measure of how "strong" the digibyte network is could potentially be useful to future adopters/merchants and would quantify how good the DGB network actually is. Also identifying weak nodes/links within the network could help foresee any future problems?

What do you think about something like this for DGB?

With this of course. 

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:02:42 PM

I was wondering, and I am asking this principally to the people involved with the DGB dev team, if there is a need for an advanced scientific python developer? I doubt my skills are tuned towards most of what you guys do (I'm not a programmer I am a theoretical physicist) but I would like to help out over summer if I can, and get more involved with the community.

I've sent out a PM to Jared on the official digiforum but he hasn't responded yet (completely understandable, he's a busy guy).

If someone related to the DGB team can send me a PM either on here or on the digiforum (user: alaniz) with more info/suggestions I'd be delighted to check out whether I can help with any of the things you guys are currently working on.

Loads of Raspberry Pi digibyte applications would probably require your kind of skills!

Haha true! NFC + Raspberry Pi = DigiByte payment station? I think hardware applications are probably more suited when digibyte becomes slightly more established. I was referring more to data analytics, statistical analysis, basically anything mathsy which would be useful to apply to DGB. Again I have to stress I am in no way a crypto expert or anything of the sort but I am assuming that an advanced mathematician who knows how to program in python and is familiar with network analysis (not computer networks specifically but networks in general i.e. PageRank etc.), statistics etc. could potentially come in handy?

Again I am just putting this out there and I have a few other projects that I could work on over summer so if you guys are not interested that's fine. On the other hand if you guys think I could be useful in any way PM me and we can talk details.

P.S. Just a very quick thought I had; maybe an index showing some measure of how "strong" the digibyte network is could potentially be useful to future adopters/merchants and would quantify how good the DGB network actually is. Also identifying weak nodes/links within the network could help foresee any future problems?

or an opportunity to get some charts and analysis for the community, has to be a good thing!
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:14:38 PM

technology on the path of putting difficulty into the stratosphere!

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/05/18/bitcoin-startup-21-unveils-product-plan-embeddable-mining-chips/?mod=rss_Technology
bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:18:44 PM

With this of course.  

That's something on the line of what I'm thinking. Of course we already have DigiExplorer for blockchain info although I can already see some improvements/upgrades that could be done to DigiExplorer. I think network analysis could be something that people might be interested in. It would be awesome to be able to couple the information from the blockchain with esotericizm DigiMap idea to create a possible PageRank (or a modified PageRank) of all the nodes on the DGB network. If we could then create a map of all the nodes (i.e. DigiMap) and interconnections and put that along side some network analytics that could be something people within the community might be interested in and would be a piece of software that no other Crypto has (as far as I know). It would also quantify the robustness of the network and could attract more people and merchants. A robust network = a reliable network and that could be something merchants value.

As soon as I am done with my exams I will be posting a more concrete set of ideas on the DigiByte official forum and if there is genuine interest for this type of thing within the community I will start cracking away!

If you guys can tell me whether the DGB team and the community at large might be interested in this I can start gauging whether something like this is worth doing. Tell me what you think!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:23:21 PM

. . . a future “Internet of Things” era in which interconnected appliances will . . . draw from an “infinite stream of digital currency” . . .  . . . a new mode of commerce, interconnectivity and network access that is otherwise impossible under the traditional financial system.

I think that much is for sure.  

Except for the "infinite" part.  Cheesy

(for the long term survivors anyway)

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:42:46 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 09:02:05 PM by HR

With this of course.  

That's something on the line of what I'm thinking. Of course we already have DigiExplorer for blockchain info although I can already see some improvements/upgrades that could be done to DigiExplorer. I think network analysis could be something that people might be interested in. It would be awesome to be able to couple the information from the blockchain with esotericizm DigiMap idea to create a possible PageRank (or a modified PageRank) of all the nodes on the DGB network. If we could then create a map of all the nodes (i.e. DigiMap) and interconnections and put that along side some network analytics that could be something people within the community might be interested in and would be a piece of software that no other Crypto has (as far as I know). It would also quantify the robustness of the network and could attract more people and merchants. A robust network = a reliable network and that could be something merchants value.

As soon as I am done with my exams I will be posting a more concrete set of ideas on the DigiByte official forum and if there is genuine interest for this type of thing within the community I will start cracking away!

If you guys can tell me whether the DGB team and the community at large might be interested in this I can start gauging whether something like this is worth doing. Tell me what you think!

If the Bitcoin community is any indication, the interest should be huge.

It would be great to have all the data available from the network itself, to exchange trading, in dozens of charts.

Add: That's for starters. Check out the API's!

This is a priority pending project IMHO.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:13:08 PM

This is nice.

DigiByte Gaming

bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:16:42 PM

It would be great to have all the data available from the network itself, to exchange trading, in dozens of charts.

I think this would be an awesome project to do. I am not very knowledgeable on front end development etc. so I would have to use something like insight which would make it very similar to digiexplorer. The only thing I could then add on top of digiexplorer is what I have already mentioned; which would be network analysis, a stats page like blockchain.info has for bitcoin and then extend that by adding an average price chart over multiple exchanges. Of course within this there is a lot of room for adding extra charts and visualizations (like digimap) and it could evolve into the place to get your digi-info. I've already thought of a potential name: DigiNetwork? Hahaha

I don't know if this is true or not but digiexplorer seems dead and isn't being fully developed so I would be starting a similar resource with the added features I've mentioned (btw if the digiexplorer dev is reading this I would much prefer to collaborate with you then take on the challenge by myself so drop me a PM if your interested).

This is nice.

DigiByte Gaming

+1

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:36:43 PM

I think this would be an awesome project to do. I am not very knowledgeable on front end development etc. so I would have to use something like insight which would make it very similar to digiexplorer. The only thing I could then add on top of digiexplorer is what I have already mentioned; which would be network analysis, a stats page like blockchain.info has for bitcoin and then extend that by adding an average price chart over multiple exchanges. Of course within this there is a lot of room for adding extra charts and visualizations (like digimap) and it could evolve into the place to get your digi-info. I've already thought of a potential name: DigiNetwork? Hahaha

I don't know if this is true or not but digiexplorer seems dead and isn't being fully developed so I would be starting a similar resource with the added features I've mentioned (btw if the digiexplorer dev is reading this I would much prefer to collaborate with you then take on the challenge by myself so drop me a PM if your interested).

This is nice.

DigiByte Gaming

+1

Talking about a name . . .

So, what's in a name?

Just about everything.

That's a real good one for under the radar discussion. A very important item indeed. I'll mull over it and give it some thought and PM you what comes to mind sometime soon.

Best of luck and here's to this being just the beginning of something [else that's also] big!

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:57:51 AM

This is nice.

DigiByte Gaming

+1

Hey,

I personally would love to have a chat with you. I've actually been working on implementing alot of these ideas separately but combining it all into a single resource would be awesome. I'm not a python guy but I do have a few questions I would like to ask about a python project I have in mind. Timezones can be a bit annoying but if you want to catch me or jared the best way is usually to idle on IRC.

Digiexplorer has a JSON API thats useful for pulling in some basic transaction/network stats.

Also it seems that digiexplorer got an update. No more "Bitcoin Block Explorer" and it looks like you can check your balance in DGB or USD now.
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:59:48 AM

Hey, sorry if I'm late to the Facebook Advertising Campaign. IMHO you should target the peeps that already do Crypto or money transfers.

For instance can you select keywords like Bitcoin, DOGECOIN, Western Union, Travelex, MoneyGram, etc in the advertising campaign? These people are already qualified prospects, because they already send money.

The key is to attract them to using DigiByte instead.

Sending money back to families in poorer countries, for near zero fees is a massive untapped market. Can we tap it?

Just my 2 cents

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:56:23 AM

We wanted to give everyone an update on Poloniex: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36er4h/poloniex_changes_identity_margin_trading_lending/

It appears they are moving to become more AML /KYC compliant. It is probable most US based exchanges will move along this path in the near future as well.

24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 06:38:25 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 06:58:59 AM by 24hralttrade

Hey, sorry if I'm late to the Facebook Advertising Campaign. IMHO you should target the peeps that already do Crypto or money transfers.

For instance can you select keywords like Bitcoin, DOGECOIN, Western Union, Travelex, MoneyGram, etc in the advertising campaign? These people are already qualified prospects, because they already send money.

The key is to attract them to using DigiByte instead.

Sending money back to families in poorer countries, for near zero fees is a massive untapped market. Can we tap it?

Just my 2 cents

Hey thanks for your opinion! I agree 100% and we are targeting those people.  Paypall,western union,bitcoin,crypto currency and we have tagged games and gamers.

Currently we have about 270 likes and spend around 19$.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:03:16 AM

We wanted to give everyone an update on Poloniex: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36er4h/poloniex_changes_identity_margin_trading_lending/

It appears they are moving to become more AML /KYC compliant. It is probable most US based exchanges will move along this path in the near future as well.

I don't like those reddit comments at all. Combined with the leveraging encouraged and made possible by Poloniex, I'd say we've got a huge red flag that only gets redder when you look at the concentration of trading activity. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/show/poloniex If I had anything there I'd be getting it off immediately.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:07:48 PM

Thank you BLK coin, now I can buy even more DigiByte on profit.... lol
Loving it!
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:47:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWVD8MJlS0

I just realized that Jared mentioned in this video that "after 12-24 months from the time of the presentation, you will be able to buy your morning coffee with DigiByte"... Well well well...
We are really getting very close to the beginning of that time and DGB has done a huge progress from the time... Well done and keep it up Jared and the team!

Check this out as well from https://youtu.be/JkWVD8MJlS0?t=681
"6 minutes" and "less than 1 minute..."

I noticed that as well, when I saw presentation first time. Now, what makes you think that we are close?

Because what has been said by Jared is done by today, and September/October 2015 is the time to buy your daily coffee with DGB ?
Lets see Wink

Buy your morning coffee in the UK at Starbucks with Gift off Cheesy
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:59:44 PM

I just realized that Jared mentioned in this video that "after 12-24 months from the time of the presentation, you will be able to buy your morning coffee with DigiByte"... Well well well...
We are really getting very close to the beginning of that time and DGB has done a huge progress from the time... Well done and keep it up Jared and the team!

I noticed that as well, when I saw presentation first time. Now, what makes you think that we are close?

Because what has been said by Jared is done by today, and September/October 2015 is the time to buy your daily coffee with DGB ?
Lets see Wink

Well, well, well... Can we do this without a third party involved?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:18:09 PM

Lets see Wink

Bring it on!!! That would be incredible. Only altcoin you can get coffee with at the moment is guldencoin at coffee central and I don't live in the Netherlands. Sad
CryptoRaver

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:20:43 PM

Lets see Wink

Well, well, well... Can we do this without a third party involved?

Think that is possible in the future! but for now its a nice step up, lot of choice already to  Grin
https://giftoff.com/gift-cards

Gift of
Austria
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Republic of Ireland
Spain
United Kingdom

CryptoRaver

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:22:03 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 01:40:18 PM by CryptoRaver

Lets see Wink

Bring it on!!! That would be incredible. Only altcoin you can get coffee with at the moment is guldencoin at coffee central and I don't live in the Netherlands. Sad

Nope Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 [981] 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: