Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:16:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:08:00 PM

Shop at Alternate via Gift off with DigiByte Wink

https://giftoff.com/gift-cards

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:05:42 AM

yes you're right but it's like the chicken and egg who do we need first Roll Eyes
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 09:37:43 AM

A digibyte ATM would be a good thing. For my bitcoins i'm used to move to the BTC ATM in my city who is working both way, giving BTC for cash and giving cash for BTC.

Who should use those ATMs at the moment? DGB is not that popular so an ATM would be profitable. We need ads, new users, shops etc before we take the next big step.

yes you're right but it's like the chicken and egg who do we need first Roll Eyes

How about an 'ATM' in Digibyte's wallet on the smartphone? i mean i can link my bank account to my paypal account and transfer money to paypal. i can do that on my smartphone since it has a web browser. i dunno if there's a paypal app for the smartphone but if i had something like a paypal wallet on my mobile phone and only have to top it up the amount that i need to use to spend on whatever, whenever and wherever, that will be quite kickass. As for changing fiat (USD, EUR, etc) into DGB, shapeshift can handle that. currency conversion will most probably be handled by banks anyway if one's bank account has the feature of exchanging currency. So maybe a collaboration with shapeshift will work.

Just an idea though. i don't know how much work is needed to be done, how much security is needed to be implemented and how much regulations will be involved in this.
But perhaps an idea that can be look into in the long run. security can be fingerprint identifcation or receiving SMS Confirmation, CLEF Authentication? yea...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:04:46 PM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:28:02 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 05:41:50 PM by Sharkzz1

Damn 24! You're making me hungry! Angry
How much DGB was it?
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:48:53 PM

127407 Digibytes

I invite all the dutch guys to come over and have something nice to eat, 10% discount for everybody!
http://www.mijn-restaurant.nl/

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:13:45 AM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

Damn you guy, the price downs because you are using DGB to pay your stuffs.  Grin
JayBex

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:59:39 AM

Hi guys, thanks esotericizm I now have my coins back.

I've been thinking, is it a good idea to start a dgb to currency exchange? This would distinguish dgb from most other coins. I have basic web design skills (By basic i mean simple html/css and a CMS like Joomla haha) Im sure a lot of you devs are better at web design, but is this a good idea?
Im going to be behind digibyte all the way now, i've lost trust in the issuers of money in todays society. There is too much corruption and greed in the world, whether that be in the fiat world or crypto world, but i'd rather put my faith into something which actually has value rather than numbers on a screen and worthless banknotes.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:09:42 AM

Damn you guy, the price downs because you are using DGB to pay your stuffs.  Grin

Very good point.

Maybe we're putting the cart before the horse. Everything has its natural life cycle and maybe we should relax and go with the flow by focusing on what's reasonable and really productive at this point in DGB's development.

That having been said, I'm a hoarder, obviously, since I think this is the early adopter, venture capital, startup, long term huge gain for initial investors, stage.  Cool

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

Damn you guy, the price downs because you are using DGB to pay your stuffs.  Grin

Nahh i dont think so,I have been following the exchanges,Placed a few buy orders (~2btc) and i did not see any sell order with that amount and I even think that the payment processor (Litepaid) holds all the Digibytes themself.
So what i really did is bought my food with Digibytes and exchanged the money i would normally spend for my food (and more) to BTC->DGB.

What i'm doing here is part of a bigger plan and it's just to show my fellow merchants that it really works and what we are doing over here. Some of them even follow this thread and the Digibyte social media accounts;)

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:15:03 AM

Hi guys, thanks esotericizm I now have my coins back.

I've been thinking, is it a good idea to start a dgb to currency exchange? This would distinguish dgb from most other coins. I have basic web design skills (By basic i mean simple html/css and a CMS like Joomla haha) Im sure a lot of you devs are better at web design, but is this a good idea?
Im going to be behind digibyte all the way now, i've lost trust in the issuers of money in todays society. There is too much corruption and greed in the world, whether that be in the fiat world or crypto world, but i'd rather put my faith into something which actually has value rather than numbers on a screen and worthless banknotes.

It is just the way people are and people that want to change that should unite under our flag and hoard and not give up their coin too easily because it is grossly undervalued. Bitcoin is now an example of 'same as it ever was' with 1% of the community holding 99% of the wealth. I don't want that for DigiByte and it sounds like you don't either.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/1-bitcoin-community-controls-99-bitcoin-wealth/
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:38:21 PM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

Damn you guy, the price downs because you are using DGB to pay your stuffs.  Grin

Nahh i dont think so,I have been following the exchanges,Placed a few buy orders (~2btc) and i did not see any sell order with that amount and I even think that the payment processor (Litepaid) holds all the Digibytes themself.
So what i really did is bought my food with Digibytes and exchanged the money i would normally spend for my food (and more) to BTC->DGB.

What i'm doing here is part of a bigger plan and it's just to show my fellow merchants that it really works and what we are doing over here. Some of them even follow this thread and the Digibyte social media accounts;)

There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB. In fact, it's the opposite. If you factor in bank transfer/wire and commission costs, and the time and effort you put into buying your DGB, it's absurd (in my opinion) to then turn around and spend it at a loss since a fiat purchase would be cheaper to begin with (and you also lose again with the actual purchase since you will be charged a premium by the seller in order to cover their costs of converting back to fiat).

Buying with DGB makes no rational sense at this point in time. Neither does buying with BTC for that matter - unless you bought BTC long ago when it was valued in single digits. If you're buying BTC to then buy something else that you could have bought with fiat in the first place, you'd better start giving it a second thought.

Add: and if you're mining, the math gets radically worse, unless your electricity is free . . .

EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:45:29 PM

The recent posts appear to be efforts to articulate a definition.  What is digital currency?  Is it a currency?  Is it an investment?  Is it something else?

Just to summarize the opinions stated in the previous posts.  We would not (better stated, we could not) spend an investment on lunch.  And we would not seek long-term returns from a currency.

If we use the terms "investment" and "currency" to define the boundaries of DGB we create an impossible contradiction.  Currency is only as valuable as it is useful.  Investment is only valuable because it is not useful in the short-term.  However, if our investment in a digital "currency" is going to gain value, the currency needs to be useful; it needs to be used and adopted.  But, in the process of being used and adopted, it ceases to be an investment.  It is an impossible contradiction.

Whenever I'm faced with an impossible contradiction, I return to the terms that define the conversation.

I might suggest that the terms of this conversation need a bit of revision.  Visa is not a currency - Visa is a service that processes transactions.  Western Union is not a currency - it is a service that processes money transfers.  The bank near your house is not a currency - it is a service that gives consumers and businesses access to financial assets. 

Like a bank, or wire transfer, or payment processor, Digibyte is neither a currency, nor is Digibyte an investment.  Instead, I would argue that Digibyte is a service.  It is a service available to both individuals, and to businesses.  People can invest in Visa, or Western Union, or Digibyte.  But, when we invest in these services we're not investing in the dollars, or euros, or rubles, or even the digibytes.  Instead, we're investing in the future growth of e-commerce, and global network of financial assets.

Digibyte stands out as one of the best opportunities in the world of digital currencies precisely because the development team recognizes and works toward creating value through multiple services.  The DGB development has done more to develop our core services than any other digital currency that I know of ...
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:48:06 AM

I see DGB as a true currency . . .

. . . that also allows for direct, extremely low cost, transfers, person-to-person, with no need for intermediaries, but that is still in its infancy and has years to go before it fully reaches its full appreciation potential.

DGB is a decentralized P2P currency that is just as safe, if not safer, than any centrally managed fiat currency in existence, and that, thanks again to its underlying P2P character, is in need of no 3rd party to manage transactions between users.

Likewise, just as a fiat currency can be viewed as an investment (see chart below of the Russian Ruble - Russians holding dollars over that period of time would have done very well), I think DGB can be viewed the same - especially keeping in mind that another one of the cryptographic digital currency's main goals is precisely to protect against fiat debasement and its resulting loss of purchasing power (i.e., real value) in the form of inflation.

Additionally, DGB is a leader in a new technology, and we all know how that goes when you're working with a winner from the very beginning. I think that aspect of DGB qualifies it as a certified long term investment with the potential for huge gains, much like we expect from a successful startup in a newly emerging technological sector.

DGB is a cryptographic digital currency startup within a new emerging technological sector that offers the potential to revolutionize how people view and use their money. That's a major long term investment in my opinion, that, yes, I'll give you this much, one day, once its real potential is realized and its long term value is established, will become more of a true currency with much less appreciation potential, but I think that is still some time well off in the future.

EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:35:23 AM

I see DGB as a true currency . . . [and] ... There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB.

HR ... First ... there are very few members of the DGB community that I respect as much as you.  Your work and support for DGB is unquestionable.  Your work putting together Asistec TI is tremendously valuable to DGB.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here.  I'm just pointing out that there is a sort of cognitive dissonance in your discussion of DGB as a currency.  I also know that I unfairly spliced together the first lines from your 2 previous posts.  My earlier response was written - in part - because I was surprised to read your previous post about why DGB shouldn't be used by consumers and merchants today.  You might be right from a technical financial perspective - but I was still surprised because you're such a strong supporter of DGB.

You're also right that there are plenty of people who profit from currency trading and exchange.  I was simply stating that our discussion of currency, investment, and future growth of DGB doesn't have to be exclusive.  We need adoption by merchants and consumers.  And, we need investment by long-term stakeholders.  I think in both those circumstances, we could describe the support as an investment in the services and assets of DGB.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:58:06 AM

I see DGB as a true currency . . . [and] ... There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB.

HR ... First ... there are very few members of the DGB community that I respect as much as you.  Your work and support for DGB is unquestionable.  Your work putting together Asistec TI is tremendously valuable to DGB.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here.  I'm just pointing out that there is a sort of cognitive dissonance in your discussion of DGB as a currency.  I also know that I unfairly spliced together the first lines from your 2 previous posts.  My earlier response was written - in part - because I was surprised to read your previous post about why DGB shouldn't be used by consumers and merchants today.  You might be right from a technical financial perspective - but I was still surprised because you're such a strong supporter of DGB.

You're also right that there are plenty of people who profit from currency trading and exchange.  I was simply stating that our discussion of currency, investment, and future growth of DGB doesn't have to be exclusive.  We need adoption by merchants and consumers.  And, we need investment by long-term stakeholders.  I think in both those circumstances, we could describe the support as an investment in the services and assets of DGB.

EPLDCC, I totally agree with you on this. This is mainly because there is no official name for "Crypto Coins", which we may call it as "Digital Currencies".
It could be that all these names are true depending on the type of COIN, or it could be all wrong after we get the regulation in place.

But I personally think, coins will be divided into several categories later, so-called stock markets, currencies, assets,...etc. I think so far it does not matter as long as we can buy things with it we can call it as a currency, and some wait and sell when the price is high so we callit investment. Imagine FIAT, we can call them for both as well. However, it is mainly used for buying power. Coming to the COINs, call it whatever you want, because in the end it does not matter for now.

Best, 
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:29:38 PM

I see both sides here, surely the only people happy spending their DigiByte are people that have acquired it for the current market value or less, anyone else would quite simply be foolish unless they believed its value was only going to diminish, in which case they would be looking for a way out permanently and I see no exceptions so it is no surprise to me that the community is divided on this issue. Every time you purchase something with DigiByte, the chances are that it will have the same effect on the market as instantaneously selling your DigiByte and that applies further downward pressure, of course the business that has accepted the payment in DigiByte may be inclined to hold for a while if it looks as if a higher profit can be achieved but ultimately they will intend to sell and convert to fiat because that is what they need to run their business, if DigiByte truly was a currency now, this wouldn’t be necessary and the community wouldn’t be divided on this issue. It would be nice to have this debate when DigiByte value was say 200 sat and you could be sure that all the community had achieved their DigiByte at market value or less but there will never be enough stability unless the overall DigiByte community massively expands! All markets are form of confidence measurement but it is not the confidence of the whole market, only the few leading it and hence the manipulation.
bogglor

Activity: 266

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:08:33 PM

I see both sides here, surely the only people happy spending their DigiByte are people that have acquired it for the current market value or less, anyone else would quite simply be foolish unless they believed its value was only going to diminish, in which case they would be looking for a way out permanently and I see no exceptions so it is no surprise to me that the community is divided on this issue. Every time you purchase something with DigiByte, the chances are that it will have the same effect on the market as instantaneously selling your DigiByte and that applies further downward pressure, of course the business that has accepted the payment in DigiByte may be inclined to hold for a while if it looks as if a higher profit can be achieved but ultimately they will intend to sell and convert to fiat because that is what they need to run their business, if DigiByte truly was a currency now, this wouldn’t be necessary and the community wouldn’t be divided on this issue. It would be nice to have this debate when DigiByte value was say 200 sat and you could be sure that all the community had achieved their DigiByte at market value or less but there will never be enough stability unless the overall DigiByte community massively expands! All markets are form of confidence measurement but it is not the confidence of the whole market, only the few leading it and hence the manipulation.

The value of DGB isn't important. DGB has to become mainstream to the point where 'spending' DGB means transferring DGB from your wallet to another DGB wallet in return for goods/services. That's when I'll start spending mine.

Until then, people who are spending their DGB aren't doing anything more than converting their DGB to BTC, then BTC to cash, and that cash is used for the transaction.

I agree that it's a great thing that these transactions are being made because it gets the DGB name out there, but we are nowhere near the ultimate goal of DGB to DGB transactions. I would even say that BTC isn't there yet either, but they are further along. There's still a long way to go.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:10:57 PM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB. In fact, it's the opposite. If you factor in bank transfer/wire and commission costs, and the time and effort you put into buying your DGB, it's absurd (in my opinion) to then turn around and spend it at a loss since a fiat purchase would be cheaper to begin with (and you also lose again with the actual purchase since you will be charged a premium by the seller in order to cover their costs of converting back to fiat).

Buying with DGB makes no rational sense at this point in time. Neither does buying with BTC for that matter - unless you bought BTC long ago when it was valued in single digits. If you're buying BTC to then buy something else that you could have bought with fiat in the first place, you'd better start giving it a second thought.

Add: and if you're mining, the math gets radically worse, unless your electricity is free . . .

HR, I sure do get your point but i do not fully agree with you about spending a little Digibytes in early stage/low price when you have a reasonable size longterm "Investment" / amount of coins or what name you want to give it for now.
I bought some Digibytes around 10 sat and i'm almost 100% shure you did the same,So let's say i bought my dinner with these coins,What did this transaction costs me now? Let it be 10% of 12$, Why should i worry about this small amount of Digibytes for supporting and really work towards the adoption of Digibyte?
When Digibyte gets to the high prices where it is in your opinion reasonable to exchange for goods/services,All of the longterm community members don't even have to worry about this small "loss".

It is not just buying myself a nice dinner but i did make this transaction at Mijn Restaurant (Already accepting Digibyte restaurant in my street) and guess who stands next to me? Yes, Another merchant and thanks to this we have a new Digibyte accepting store. Do you see the part of the bigger plan?
If i need to pay 1,20$ to get 1 accepting merchant in the street where i have my own store i really have no problem to pay this out of my own pocket.

We maybe have diffrent thoughts and reasons for supporting Digibyte and so will have many others but i'm sure we see Digibyte as a future.May it be as a invest or anything else.It's all for the goods of Digibyte.

Best,

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:30:33 PM

Haven't read the thread for a few days and wow, there's a lot of really long posts.  Grin Grin Grin

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: