Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 [987] 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

I see both sides here, surely the only people happy spending their DigiByte are people that have acquired it for the current market value or less, anyone else would quite simply be foolish unless they believed its value was only going to diminish, in which case they would be looking for a way out permanently and I see no exceptions so it is no surprise to me that the community is divided on this issue. Every time you purchase something with DigiByte, the chances are that it will have the same effect on the market as instantaneously selling your DigiByte and that applies further downward pressure, of course the business that has accepted the payment in DigiByte may be inclined to hold for a while if it looks as if a higher profit can be achieved but ultimately they will intend to sell and convert to fiat because that is what they need to run their business, if DigiByte truly was a currency now, this wouldn’t be necessary and the community wouldn’t be divided on this issue. It would be nice to have this debate when DigiByte value was say 200 sat and you could be sure that all the community had achieved their DigiByte at market value or less but there will never be enough stability unless the overall DigiByte community massively expands! All markets are form of confidence measurement but it is not the confidence of the whole market, only the few leading it and hence the manipulation.

The value of DGB isn't important. DGB has to become mainstream to the point where 'spending' DGB means transferring DGB from your wallet to another DGB wallet in return for goods/services. That's when I'll start spending mine.

Until then, people who are spending their DGB aren't doing anything more than converting their DGB to BTC, then BTC to cash, and that cash is used for the transaction.

I agree that it's a great thing that these transactions are being made because it gets the DGB name out there, but we are nowhere near the ultimate goal of DGB to DGB transactions. I would even say that BTC isn't there yet either, but they are further along. There's still a long way to go.
Because we are talking about purchases, I'd say value is probably the most important attribute to people making one. I'm simply saying that people who paid under the current market value are more inclined to spend their DigiByte than those who paid over it, they can see that they are making something and at the moment it is quite likely that they could then go on and re purchase the DigiByte that they just spent for less than it was traded for, so win win for them, perhaps for a while. I have not talked about anything long term here. I also like the fact that these transactions can be made and that there are people fortunate enough to take advantage of them but I wonder where the incentive to buy into DigiByte is for newcomers and that is what we truly need. The newcomers will want to come in at the floor, a lot of them thought we were already there when they bought in and now see their investment diminish, perhaps some are already bailing because this stuff is all too risky and the market value is heading in the wrong direction. Some will never look back because all of this stuff is just too much of a pain in the ass. The actual value of DigiByte is 1/1000 of bitcoin, it is being traded for a fraction of that because nobody believes it and even gods exist if you believe in them.  
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:28:41 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 07:20:08 PM by HR

I see DGB as a true currency . . . [and] ... There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB.

HR ... First ... there are very few members of the DGB community that I respect as much as you.  Your work and support for DGB is unquestionable.  Your work putting together Asistec TI is tremendously valuable to DGB.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here.  I'm just pointing out that there is a sort of cognitive dissonance in your discussion of DGB as a currency.  I also know that I unfairly spliced together the first lines from your 2 previous posts.  My earlier response was written - in part - because I was surprised to read your previous post about why DGB shouldn't be used by consumers and merchants today.  You might be right from a technical financial perspective - but I was still surprised because you're such a strong supporter of DGB.

You're also right that there are plenty of people who profit from currency trading and exchange.  I was simply stating that our discussion of currency, investment, and future growth of DGB doesn't have to be exclusive.  We need adoption by merchants and consumers.  And, we need investment by long-term stakeholders.  I think in both those circumstances, we could describe the support as an investment in the services and assets of DGB.

Yes, what you chose to "splice together" sure would suggest a strong case of cognitive dissonance, but when kept in context, and that context being that of a currency that "is still in its infancy and has years to go before it fully reaches its full appreciation potential", I don't see the internal contradiction. DGB is has tremendous potential to change the way we think about and use money, but that's not going to happen overnight. In the meantime . . . perhaps what we might say to make things clearer, to add to your spliced quote, might be something qualifying like this: "I see DGB as a true currency that's still in its early development phase . . ."

And I know you're not trying to pick a fight. No prob here with direct and hard hitting questions - in fact, I welcome them!

bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:48:42 PM

DigiStats Update:

• The block explorer has been completed
  • Functioning API
  • DigiByte richlist is 90% complete
  • Stats charts have been added!

We are currently working the on node map and stats pages among other things. The progress has been excellent the original timeline is still the expected timeline, so we will hopefully be up and live soon!

Visit this thread for preview screenshots and regular updates!

A big shout out for esotericizm for making the current DigiStats platform possible.

Thanks to all contributors and supporters!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:51:51 PM

hmmm,So tasty  Grin

Damn you guy, the price downs because you are using DGB to pay your stuffs.  Grin

Nahh i dont think so,I have been following the exchanges,Placed a few buy orders (~2btc) and i did not see any sell order with that amount and I even think that the payment processor (Litepaid) holds all the Digibytes themself.
So what i really did is bought my food with Digibytes and exchanged the money i would normally spend for my food (and more) to BTC->DGB.

What i'm doing here is part of a bigger plan and it's just to show my fellow merchants that it really works and what we are doing over here. Some of them even follow this thread and the Digibyte social media accounts;)

There's no incentive what-so-ever to buy with DGB. In fact, it's the opposite. If you factor in bank transfer/wire and commission costs, and the time and effort you put into buying your DGB, it's absurd (in my opinion) to then turn around and spend it at a loss since a fiat purchase would be cheaper to begin with (and you also lose again with the actual purchase since you will be charged a premium by the seller in order to cover their costs of converting back to fiat).

Buying with DGB makes no rational sense at this point in time. Neither does buying with BTC for that matter - unless you bought BTC long ago when it was valued in single digits. If you're buying BTC to then buy something else that you could have bought with fiat in the first place, you'd better start giving it a second thought.

Add: and if you're mining, the math gets radically worse, unless your electricity is free . . .

HR, I sure do get your point but i do not fully agree with you about spending a little Digibytes in early stage/low price when you have a reasonable size longterm "Investment" / amount of coins or what name you want to give it for now.
I bought some Digibytes around 10 sat and i'm almost 100% shure you did the same,So let's say i bought my dinner with these coins,What did this transaction costs me now? Let it be 10% of 12$, Why should i worry about this small amount of Digibytes for supporting and really work towards the adoption of Digibyte?
When Digibyte gets to the high prices where it is in your opinion reasonable to exchange for goods/services,All of the longterm community members don't even have to worry about this small "loss".

It is not just buying myself a nice dinner but i did make this transaction at Mijn Restaurant (Already accepting Digibyte restaurant in my street) and guess who stands next to me? Yes, Another merchant and thanks to this we have a new Digibyte accepting store. Do you see the part of the bigger plan?
If i need to pay 1,20$ to get 1 accepting merchant in the street where i have my own store i really have no problem to pay this out of my own pocket.

We maybe have diffrent thoughts and reasons for supporting Digibyte and so will have many others but i'm sure we see Digibyte as a future.May it be as a invest or anything else.It's all for the goods of Digibyte.

Best,

I'm not criticizing you for spending your DGB as you like, and much less so for all the positive work you're doing to promote merchant adoption. Quite the contrary, my hat's off to you. Nevertheless, and moving beyond the fact that the theoretical uses for DGB can be materially demonstrated (and that's good), I think we also need to be very clear about the fact that it still makes no economic sense to spend DGB on a regular basis. Demonstrating that it works is one thing, using it on a daily basis is quite another. I just want to do my part to help make that as clear as we can. There's a lot of work to be done, and it will take time as well as effort to get that work done, before we can say that it's smart to spend DGB for ordinary items on a daily basis. Mass adoption is first, and I don't think that comes from knowing you could spend DGB if you wanted to - I think it comes from knowing that if you put your money into DGB, it won't go down in value. That's the first hurdle in my opinion: creating a stable cryptographic digital currency that people see as a place to put their money where it will increase in value and not lose value - as long as there's a high risk element involved, it will never see mass adoption. Once that's achieved, I see larger transactions, especially international cross border transactions, becoming the first widely used aspect of DGB (on a "service" kind of level, but not to be confused with a service since it's really due to the inherent P2P nature of the currency). In that sense, Western Union would be the first major financial services provider who would be threatened. VISA, in spite of being the ultimate goal, is much farther off. Incorporating faster transactions speeds that rival those of VISA now should not be a problem even if it won't be fully utilized for years, but we shouldn't confuse the fact that it's being done now with the fact that it will be immediately used. This is kind of a "Field of Dreams", but we do need to be practical, and, again, I think that starts with a clear focus on creating the stable, low risk, basis that is needed for people to be willing to first use DGB as a reliable store of wealth. Without that foundation, everything else is a no go, in my opinion.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

Looking for something positive in DigiByte price being so low it is this, DigiByte is for everyone and everyone can afford some!  Cheesy

@ HR, i know exactly what you are saying!  Smiley
@ 24, If I worked next door to that restaurant, I probably wouldn't be able to resist either!  Smiley
@bitKapp, can't wait for DigiStats to go live, think it really is the start of something cool!  Smiley
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:20:25 PM

Looking for something positive in DigiByte price being so low it is this, DigiByte is for everyone and everyone can afford some!  Cheesy

@ 24, If I worked next door to that restaurant, I probably wouldn't be able to resist either!  Smiley
@bitKapp, can't wait for DigiStats to go live, think it really is the start of something cool!  Smiley

And ... the difficulty stays pretty low too (which is great for me, because I don't need to sell any of my mining rewards).  I've seen a pretty substantial increase in mining rewards over the past week ...
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:01:42 AM

so , can anyone tell me where is the dgb's futrue

noone know dgb ...

can devs or us do something
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:26:50 AM

noone know dgb ...

Go and look at the Digibyte forum http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php The forum has information on current projects being worked on by the devs and the community.

Not many people know much about Digibyte, but they will soon. There will be a big marketing campaign once development had been completed on a few different things.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 08:23:09 AM

noone know dgb ...

There have been some great posts above and a very interesting conversation. Defining exactly what a digital currency is, is supposed to be and what it can be can be a lot to take on.

We are working hard on several projects. Including the DigiSpeed hard fork and much more. We are seeing a bit of a stagnant market across the digital currency spectrum. Nevertheless we are going to keep working hard and pushing things forward. Things will come in time.

Also, as mentioned before there is a lot happening on the DigiByte forum. So make sure to check it out: http://www.digibyteforum.com/

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:29:37 AM

I'm in the spending camp to, think its very important to show the merchants that accept DigiByte in the early stage some support by ordering their goods and say thank you. But yeah also for me it's a bit hard to do it when we drop hard in price.
pterion2910

Activity: 268

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:50:05 PM

I'm really excited about the digispeed fork.
All the best.

Bitrated user: frisb.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 11:42:05 PM

I'm really excited about the digispeed fork.
All the best.

http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php/topic,35.msg833.html#msg833

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
mvinon

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:36:42 AM

Is there anyway to download the wallet for windows 7 32 bit or should I wait till the hard fork.  Currently all my digibytes are being held on a mining pool site.  Although I don't have a lot I plan to get more and more so a wallet would be nice.  I really just looking for the qt wallet version.

Thanks in advance
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:57:58 AM

Not a necessity at this point, which means you have everything to lose and nothing to gain (especially if it turns out bad). There's talk of trying to develop dynamic block sizes with BTC. There's no rush. Let's take our time and get it right, and see what other folks are coming up with as well.

Looks like something more immediate is in the pipeline though. https://twitter.com/digibytecoin/status/605440393816121344

Let's keep up the intelectual debate too. We still have a lot of ground to cover and it takes all of us!

24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 08:40:06 AM

Is there anyway to download the wallet for windows 7 32 bit or should I wait till the hard fork.  Currently all my digibytes are being held on a mining pool site.  Although I don't have a lot I plan to get more and more so a wallet would be nice.  I really just looking for the qt wallet version.

Thanks in advance

You can download the Digibyte wallet from the website.   http://digibyte.co/content/choose-your-digibyte-wallet

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:05:17 PM

And ... the difficulty stays pretty low too (which is great for me, because I don't need to sell any of my mining rewards).  I've seen a pretty substantial increase in mining rewards over the past week ...

And the getting's still good.  Cool

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:17:19 PM

curious if there is a whitepaper or promo pack that I can forward to potential investors?
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:32:11 AM

Comkort - closed
📅 Yesterday at 23:15   11 comments 

Dear Users,

Regretfully we have to inform you that Comkort exchange is ceasing operation. Throughout the whole term of our existence we have strived to deliver an the best possible service for profitable cryptocurrency trading. And yet, the time has come to terminate our service.

In light of these event ALL users have to withdraw their funds before July 19th, 2015 inclusively. July 20th, 2015 we will suspend servers which will deactivate all the wallets and all further withdrawals will be technically impossible.

Trading will be stopped July 1st, 2015 at 18:00 GMT. All active orders will be cancelled.

We kindly ask you to help us spread the news by retweeting our tweet and by simply sharing the news, since it will greatly facilitate the transition process.

We thank all of you, who has been with us these past years. We learned through our project, which would not have existed without your support.

The reason for closing is quite simple - the exchange has not been profitable. And NO - we will not sell the source code )

Withdraw and possible issues

During withdraw you can get error. Don't panic. Just let us know creating support ticket and we will fix it.

We wish you all best of luck.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:22:04 AM

curious if there is a whitepaper or promo pack that I can forward to potential investors?

What is DigiByte? (60 second explainer video)

DigiByte Info Kit
Share This PDF With Everyone You Know Who Can Benefit From DigiByte

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:32:59 PM

We are working on updating the kit on the front post as well as a new one put together by an awesome member of the community!

Pages: « 1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 [987] 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: