Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058327 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:29:53 PM

Remember everyone the world is watching us. Let's prove to them the unity of our community. Yes people have different opinions... But at the end of the day this is what this is all about. We can all have a voice in our own monetary policy.

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:45:46 PM

any updates on the gaming wallet?

I've contacted Jared for you and I'm awaiting a response from him.
We have a brand new Gaming Wallet ready but we are making sure the upgrade path is good. Not all people are having issues. So when we push out the Chrome Update everyone is auto upgraded.

This is why we will be creating a core Gaming Wallet we will begin pushing people towards as full nodes.

We know there is concern, but remember this is an open source beta project. Nobody is perfect on the first attempt.

We see the passion and enthusiasm people have for DigiByte and it inspires us to do better everyday. Thank you all for your continued support.

-Jared

Hey, Jared.  Any chance you can poke the http://digihash.co/ with a stick to payout the 190 Sha-256 blocks? Expecting a decent payout from my 90+ blocks haha
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:02:24 PM

p & d coin

DGB and Vanillacoin have the same price manipulator. 2 days we had 100 sats, now it's a half of that. I don't think it's good for dgb or any coin.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cliffmadsen

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

DigiByte

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:26:22 PM

p & d coin

DGB and Vanillacoin have the same price manipulator. 2 days we had 100 sats, now it's a half of that. I don't think it's good for dgb or any coin.
DigiByte has gone up since January the twentieth no problem, we just need to spread DigiByte to as many as possible.
Smiley
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:02:01 PM

oki, u mind contacting me per pm about it when u hear from him?
cos me droping constantly questions about it looks kinda like fuding, while it suposed to be help, since i realy like DGB

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:39:02 PM

cos me droping constantly questions about it looks kinda like fuding, while it suposed to be help, since i realy like DGB

We have a brand new Gaming Wallet ready but we are making sure the upgrade path is good. Not all people are having issues. So when we push out the Chrome Update everyone is auto upgraded.

This is why we will be creating a core Gaming Wallet we will begin pushing people towards as full nodes.

We know there is concern, but remember this is an open source beta project. Nobody is perfect on the first attempt.

We see the passion and enthusiasm people have for DigiByte and it inspires us to do better everyday. Thank you all for your continued support.

-Jared

Jared already responded.

OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:10:26 PM

-Jared

Jared already responded.

cool tnx for info!
if he needs someone to test it I would volunteer gladly.

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:32:27 AM

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
without forgetting my nvidia.
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.
so I had no luck testing my stats.

Hi Crazy.

The current block reward is about 1054 (it is reduced every month).  A block is discovered on the network every 15 seconds.  We have 5 mining algorithms (SHA, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit).  As a result, you could figure that a block is discovered per algorithm about every minute 15 seconds.  Total daily mining rewards are just over 6,000,000 DGB per day.  Each mining algorithm has a different difficulty level that is adjusted asymmetrically between blocks (to reduce mining pool attacks).  We call the difficulty adjustment "MultiShield," which is the newer version of DigiShield.

There are 2 ways to mine: (1) you could solo mine; or (2) you could mine in a mining pool.  When you solo mine - if you find a block - you receive the whole block reward.  When you mine in a pool - if you find a block - the block reward is shared by all the people in the pool who contributed hash rate during the period that the block was found.  Most people mine in pools.  It's easier to set up and it creates less variance in rewards over time.  For instance, if I were mining solo I might find a 5 blocks a day.  I would get all the rewards - so I would get 5270 DGB if I found 5 blocks.  But, some days I would find no blocks.  Other days I might find more than 5 blocks.  So my rewards would be highly variable on any given day.

When I mine in a pool, I combine my hash rate with everyone else mining in that pool.  For the Official DigiHash Pool, the hashrates (and thus rewards) are divided into different algorithms.  The combined hashing power allows the group to find blocks more frequently than people who are solo mining.  The pool might find approximately 100 blocks per day.  The reward per block is less per block, but the variance of reward payout is smaller.  In the long run (i.e. over indefinite amount of time) you would theoretically get the same rewards mining in a pool or mining solo.  However, in practice, mining pools allow miners with lower hashrates to earn regular rewards more quickly (a fact that is especially true with coins that have a high difficulty - such as BTC).

I would recommend that anyone new to mining DGB start mining in a pool.  I would recommend using the official Developer DigiHash Pool because it helps support DGB.

If you intend to mine with a GPU, you will want to use any of the algorithms EXCEPT SHA-256.  SHA is pretty much all ASIC at this point.  Scrypt is both ASIC and GPU, but the GPU hash rate is going to be tiny compared to the ASIC.  I'm not an expert at GPU mining (I haven't done it for about 3 years, and I've forgotten pretty much everything).  If you do not want to use the DigiHash Easy Miner software, you will need to set up some mining software on your computer.  You might try something like multiminer (which is a GUI running on top of BFG miner).  I've never tried it for DGB and I'd be interested to hear if anyone has?

The truth is that nobody can tell you exactly what your mining rewards or costs will be ... it doesn't matter what anyone posts here or anywhere else.  People can give you rough estimates.  You can attempt to use mining calculators to get rough estimates.  But, the final result depends on many different variables (difficulty at any given moment for the algorithm you are mining, settings for the GPU, cost you pay for electricity, hashrate of the GPU, mining pool, exchange rate, need to sell to cover costs or ability to hold and trade at moments of opportunity, etc.).  I do remember when I was GPU mining.  It involved lots of little tweaks to get the most efficient settings and highest rewards.

I've been mining DGB for about 1.5 years (I don't mine any other coins).  I mine with a scrypt ASIC, and I don't mine in the summer because it's too hot.  I actually have a couple of different ASIC rigs that I use (and have used) throughout the year (and years).  I stated mining about 3.5 years ago with GPUs for LTC and small ASICs for BTC. 

Here is my best advice based on my years of experience mining:

I think you should try it.  It's fun, it's addictive, and it's a valuable way to understand digital currencies at a more fundamental level.  You're not going to get rich doing it.  I think people should start mining for a couple of reasons.  First, it is a good way to begin to understand and experience digital currencies at a deeper level.  It's not just trading; it's participating and supporting.  Don't invest tons of money into mining at the beginning.  Learn about how DGB works and start slow.  The second reason people should mine is because they believe in DGB and want to help support the network. 

thanks you that's a clear explanation.
I prefer taking a chance and having the block reward to my self.
and I'm drooping the idea of mining with a CPU.
btw the Scrypt ASIC is a CPU, why does it mine better than normal CPU, is it customized for that use only, and why not customized the laptop CPU to do the same . I'm going to give it a look.
I concluded from all this that mining is dying. and can be used as a tool to learn. and to knowledge more about the crypt-world

I don't think mining is dying.  Not at all.  It is just different today than a few years ago.  The BTC company with the most venture capital investment is 21 Inc, which is a company devoted to developing mining equipment.

There was a time - especially for BTC, LTC, and DOGE - when people were mining with anything they could get their hands on because it was super profitable.  It was a mining "bubble" in every economic sense.  The bubble burst toward the end of 2013 and into 2014.  There were a series of scandals (bufferfly labs, Mt. Gox, Black Arrow, HashFast, etc.).  Then, several of the big legitimate mining manufacturers shifted their focus from consumer products to centralized commercial business (BitFury and KNC).  In the past 12 months there have been several scandals with the cloud-mining companies such as GAW and ZenMiner.  If we just consider BTC - during the same time huge portions of the BTC mining business were developing in China, which further increased difficulty and centralization - both of which work against the home-based consumer.  Bitmain has remained a true champion for the home-based miner. 

At the same time that the mining bubble burst (end of 2013 through mid-2014) we saw the introduction of proof-of-stake.  POS was a novel concept that appears to present a possible technological solution to the problems with centralized mining and rising difficulty that were pricing individual consumers out of the market.  Many people who argue strongly in favor of POS today are the same people who were priced out of mining.  The problems I have with proof-of-stake are motivated by economics.  It is interest and creates the same problems as high interest rates.

Instead of adopting POS, some coins remained as proof-of-work coins (like DGB).  Many of these coins decided to look for alternative algorithms that would allow home-based, distributed mining.  Quark, Skein, Groestl, etc., etc.. 

One of the best aspects of DGB is that it is open to miners who use ASIC as well as GPU and CPU mining.  DigiByte has a tremendous diversity in mining.  And that fact is a great advantage for the long-term value of DGB.

As I said at the start - mining is changing not dying.  At the height of the bubble, a kid in his parents' basement could make a couple thousand dollars a month with a host of GPUs and first generation ASICs.  Today, there are a couple of different approaches.  The corporate approach uses huge capital outlays and looks to make small percentage returns on big amounts.  The approach that is being developed by 21 Inc. is to create small integrated mining within lots of devices (currently something like the raspberry pi but the ambition is more comprehensive).  Imagine every cash register at every store quietly mining a little bit here and there ... digital picture frames, light bulbs, televisions, really any electronic device ... in this instance, the mining rewards are super small.  Instead of the device being used specifically for mining, it is just doing a small amount of mining in the background.  I really like the approach that 21 Inc. is taking with building integrated mining into other devices.  However, They are exclusive to BTC at the moment.  It would be great if they opened up to other digital currencies.

For the rest of us, mining has become not an end ... but a means.  In other words, in the past people mined exclusively to get the mining rewards and make a profit.  Today, I could still profit from mining DGB.  But, instead of thinking about mining as an independent activity, I think about mining as a small part of my comprehensive approach to investing and supporting DGB.  Mining allows the other stuff to happen and creates revenue, drives value, and secures the network.  A secure network, intrinsic value, and streams of revenue and consumption are the foundation of the economics at the heart of digital currency.  If a coin doesn't have all of those things, it's just a ponzi scheme for traders.  DGB has all of them.  And compared to most other alt-coins, is exceptionally good at all of them.  That's one of the main reasons I mine and support DGB instead of any other coin.

By the way ... if you're going to solo mine ... you'll need to do some modification to the DGB Core Wallet to turn on the server functionality of the wallet.  It's pretty simple command line stuff but I've never done it so I'm not qualified to give you instructions.  But, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:48:17 AM

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.

Hi Crazy.

The current block reward is about 1054 (it is reduced every month).  A block is discovered on the network every 15 seconds.  We have 5 mining algorithms (SHA, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit).  As a result, you could figure that a block is discovered per algorithm about every minute 15 seconds.  Total daily mining rewards are just over 6,000,000 DGB per day.  Each mining algorithm has a different difficulty level that is adjusted asymmetrically between blocks (to reduce mining pool attacks).  We call the difficulty adjustment "MultiShield," which is the newer version of DigiShield.

There are 2 ways to mine: (1) you could solo mine; or (2) you could mine in a mining pool.  When you solo mine - if you find a block - you receive the whole block reward.  When you mine in a pool - if you find a block - the block reward is shared by all the people in the pool who contributed hash rate during the period that the block was found.  Most people mine in pools.  It's easier to set up and it creates less variance in rewards over time.  For instance, if I were mining solo I might find a 5 blocks a day.  I would get all the rewards - so I would get 5270 DGB if I found 5 blocks.  But, some days I would find no blocks.  Other days I might find more than 5 blocks.  So my rewards would be highly variable on any given day.

When I mine in a pool, I combine my hash rate with everyone else mining in that pool.  For the Official DigiHash Pool, the hashrates (and thus rewards) are divided into different algorithms.  The combined hashing power allows the group to find blocks more frequently than people who are solo mining.  The pool might find approximately 100 blocks per day.  The reward per block is less per block, but the variance of reward payout is smaller.  In the long run (i.e. over indefinite amount of time) you would theoretically get the same rewards mining in a pool or mining solo.  However, in practice, mining pools allow miners with lower hashrates to earn regular rewards more quickly (a fact that is especially true with coins that have a high difficulty - such as BTC).

I would recommend that anyone new to mining DGB start mining in a pool.  I would recommend using the official Developer DigiHash Pool because it helps support DGB.

If you intend to mine with a GPU, you will want to use any of the algorithms EXCEPT SHA-256.  SHA is pretty much all ASIC at this point.  Scrypt is both ASIC and GPU, but the GPU hash rate is going to be tiny compared to the ASIC.  I'm not an expert at GPU mining (I haven't done it for about 3 years, and I've forgotten pretty much everything).  If you do not want to use the DigiHash Easy Miner software, you will need to set up some mining software on your computer.  You might try something like multiminer (which is a GUI running on top of BFG miner).  I've never tried it for DGB and I'd be interested to hear if anyone has?

The truth is that nobody can tell you exactly what your mining rewards or costs will be ... it doesn't matter what anyone posts here or anywhere else.  People can give you rough estimates.  You can attempt to use mining calculators to get rough estimates.  But, the final result depends on many different variables (difficulty at any given moment for the algorithm you are mining, settings for the GPU, cost you pay for electricity, hashrate of the GPU, mining pool, exchange rate, need to sell to cover costs or ability to hold and trade at moments of opportunity, etc.).  I do remember when I was GPU mining.  It involved lots of little tweaks to get the most efficient settings and highest rewards.

I've been mining DGB for about 1.5 years (I don't mine any other coins).  I mine with a scrypt ASIC, and I don't mine in the summer because it's too hot.  I actually have a couple of different ASIC rigs that I use (and have used) throughout the year (and years).  I stated mining about 3.5 years ago with GPUs for LTC and small ASICs for BTC.  

I think you should try it.  It's fun, it's addictive, and it's a valuable way to understand digital currencies at a more fundamental level.  You're not going to get rich doing it.  I think people should start mining for a couple of reasons.  First, it is a good way to begin to understand and experience digital currencies at a deeper level.  It's not just trading; it's participating and supporting.  Don't invest tons of money into mining at the beginning.  Learn about how DGB works and start slow.  The second reason people should mine is because they believe in DGB and want to help support the network.  

btw the Scrypt ASIC is a CPU, why does it mine better than normal CPU, is it customized for that use only, and why not customized the laptop CPU to do the same . I'm going to give it a look.
I concluded from all this that mining is dying. and can be used as a tool to learn. and to knowledge more about the crypt-world

By the way ... if you're going to solo mine ... you'll need to do some modification to the DGB Core Wallet to turn on the server functionality of the wallet.  It's pretty simple command line stuff but I've never done it so I'm not qualified to give you instructions.  But, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

I'd seriously advise against solo mining. Pooled mining means lower but guaranteed payouts. Solo mining means you'll get the entire block reward but you may never (and I do mean never) find a block.

That being said if you do want to solo mine you need to add a few options to your digibyte.conf

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

you would then run the digibyte wallet and point your mining software at http://127.0.0.1 with the username "user" and password "password".

Having a crappy internet connection will also hurt you when solo mining as any block you do find will need to be populated with transactions and broadcast over the network before any of the competing pools/miners and with 15 second block times its made even harder to do that.

Think of an ASIC like a specialized CPU. It's been programmed to do only one thing but it does it far better than a general CPU could.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:44:54 AM

Hi Crazy.

The current block reward is about 1054 (it is reduced every month).  A block is discovered on the network every 15 seconds.  We have 5 mining algorithms (SHA, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit).  As a result, you could figure that a block is discovered per algorithm about every minute 15 seconds.  Total daily mining rewards are just over 6,000,000 DGB per day.  Each mining algorithm has a different difficulty level that is adjusted asymmetrically between blocks (to reduce mining pool attacks).  We call the difficulty adjustment "MultiShield," which is the newer version of DigiShield.

There are 2 ways to mine: (1) you could solo mine; or (2) you could mine in a mining pool.  When you solo mine - if you find a block - you receive the whole block reward.  When you mine in a pool - if you find a block - the block reward is shared by all the people in the pool who contributed hash rate during the period that the block was found.  Most people mine in pools.  It's easier to set up and it creates less variance in rewards over time.  For instance, if I were mining solo I might find a 5 blocks a day.  I would get all the rewards - so I would get 5270 DGB if I found 5 blocks.  But, some days I would find no blocks.  Other days I might find more than 5 blocks.  So my rewards would be highly variable on any given day.

When I mine in a pool, I combine my hash rate with everyone else mining in that pool.  For the Official DigiHash Pool, the hashrates (and thus rewards) are divided into different algorithms.  The combined hashing power allows the group to find blocks more frequently than people who are solo mining.  The pool might find approximately 100 blocks per day.  The reward per block is less per block, but the variance of reward payout is smaller.  In the long run (i.e. over indefinite amount of time) you would theoretically get the same rewards mining in a pool or mining solo.  However, in practice, mining pools allow miners with lower hashrates to earn regular rewards more quickly (a fact that is especially true with coins that have a high difficulty - such as BTC).

I would recommend that anyone new to mining DGB start mining in a pool.  I would recommend using the official Developer DigiHash Pool because it helps support DGB.

If you intend to mine with a GPU, you will want to use any of the algorithms EXCEPT SHA-256.  SHA is pretty much all ASIC at this point.  Scrypt is both ASIC and GPU, but the GPU hash rate is going to be tiny compared to the ASIC.  I'm not an expert at GPU mining (I haven't done it for about 3 years, and I've forgotten pretty much everything).  If you do not want to use the DigiHash Easy Miner software, you will need to set up some mining software on your computer.  You might try something like multiminer (which is a GUI running on top of BFG miner).  I've never tried it for DGB and I'd be interested to hear if anyone has?

The truth is that nobody can tell you exactly what your mining rewards or costs will be ... it doesn't matter what anyone posts here or anywhere else.  People can give you rough estimates.  You can attempt to use mining calculators to get rough estimates.  But, the final result depends on many different variables (difficulty at any given moment for the algorithm you are mining, settings for the GPU, cost you pay for electricity, hashrate of the GPU, mining pool, exchange rate, need to sell to cover costs or ability to hold and trade at moments of opportunity, etc.).  I do remember when I was GPU mining.  It involved lots of little tweaks to get the most efficient settings and highest rewards.

I've been mining DGB for about 1.5 years (I don't mine any other coins).  I mine with a scrypt ASIC, and I don't mine in the summer because it's too hot.  I actually have a couple of different ASIC rigs that I use (and have used) throughout the year (and years).  I stated mining about 3.5 years ago with GPUs for LTC and small ASICs for BTC.  

I think you should try it.  It's fun, it's addictive, and it's a valuable way to understand digital currencies at a more fundamental level.  You're not going to get rich doing it.  I think people should start mining for a couple of reasons.  First, it is a good way to begin to understand and experience digital currencies at a deeper level.  It's not just trading; it's participating and supporting.  Don't invest tons of money into mining at the beginning.  Learn about how DGB works and start slow.  The second reason people should mine is because they believe in DGB and want to help support the network.  

By the way ... if you're going to solo mine ... you'll need to do some modification to the DGB Core Wallet to turn on the server functionality of the wallet.  It's pretty simple command line stuff but I've never done it so I'm not qualified to give you instructions.  But, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

I'd seriously advise against solo mining. Pooled mining means lower but guaranteed payouts. Solo mining means you'll get the entire block reward but you may never (and I do mean never) find a block.

That being said if you do want to solo mine you need to add a few options to your digibyte.conf

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

you would then run the digibyte wallet and point your mining software at http://127.0.0.1 with the username "user" and password "password".

Having a crappy internet connection will also hurt you when solo mining as any block you do find will need to be populated with transactions and broadcast over the network before any of the competing pools/miners and with 15 second block times its made even harder to do that.

Think of an ASIC like a specialized CPU. It's been programmed to do only one thing but it does it far better than a general CPU could.

There's a detailed solo mine HOWTO on the OP and on my forum that have already been graciously provided to this user before he came back with smart assed remarks questioning the validity of around 3 hours of numbers crunching on my part. Then when he starts being a cry baby, you all start groveling. What are people to think when you're groveling in front of someone who demonstratably despises hard work and then starts whinning when you make things very clear? At very least, people will say you have problems discerning between people who yank your chain and people who contribute value. You've got a HOWTO on the OP! He's been pointed to a wealth of information, and you still grovel? BTW, How are things going with the DiguSign search of signed embedded documents? I suppose that's been fixed since you find the time to engage in activities that are a waste of time and self humiliating.

Come to think about it, what's the old saying? Birds of a feather fly together? Maybe you're all just alike? Have you ever seen anywhere, not just here with DGB, but anywhere crypto, an analysis as comprehensive as the one I did the other day about mining returns on electricity used? You make than kind of effort and it's followed by babbling gibberish? Frankly it's mind blowing, especially when it answers the all too frequently asked question as to why price is being kept down! The question that immediately comes to mind is if I am surrounded by ingrates, idiots, or losers. And that analysis also clearly shows that mining IS PROFITABLE, for SHA-256, and would be for GPU, if SHA-256 weren't present. What everone's problem? Too tough? Too advanced to deal with? Is it easier to act like a baffoon?

clint25n

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:33:29 AM

Hy all

I have done my part at btc38 :-)

1. me:Hy support,and best of luck to all of you in new year. I am contacting you to ask could you and would you add DigiByte DGB coin to your exchange. It was added to bitebi9. But I like btc38 more.
(02-15 15:47) Delete
service staff 夏天: Thank you, we temporarily does not support.
(02-15 15:56) about this ticket, you feel: good | ordinary | bad

2. me:I am asking will you add DigiByte DGB coin to your exchange any time soon in the future. It could be good for traders and for btc38 also. I know it is not supported at the moment.
(02-15 16:03) Delete
service staff 夏天: Ok, we will record your information, if necessary, we will contact you, thank you.
(02-15 16:19) about this ticket, you feel: good | ordinary | bad

3. me:Here is the site that trades DGB so you can see the volume is OK last month. If you add it to btc38 it could be next good step for DGB also. Thank you in advance.
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dgb

That's good. And keep in mind you can do this once or twice a week. You can tell from the tech's response that you get a different tech pretty much every time.
ghostycc

Activity: 270

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:47:45 AM

Hy all

I have done my part at btc38 :-)

1. me:Hy support,and best of luck to all of you in new year. I am contacting you to ask could you and would you add DigiByte DGB coin to your exchange. It was added to bitebi9. But I like btc38 more.
(02-15 15:47) Delete
service staff 夏天: Thank you, we temporarily does not support.
(02-15 15:56) about this ticket, you feel: good | ordinary | bad

2. me:I am asking will you add DigiByte DGB coin to your exchange any time soon in the future. It could be good for traders and for btc38 also. I know it is not supported at the moment.
(02-15 16:03) Delete
service staff 夏天: Ok, we will record your information, if necessary, we will contact you, thank you.
(02-15 16:19) about this ticket, you feel: good | ordinary | bad

3. me:Here is the site that trades DGB so you can see the volume is OK last month. If you add it to btc38 it could be next good step for DGB also. Thank you in advance.
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dgb

Haha, nice try Smiley
We've got to use patience as weapon with DGB Smiley

DigiByte goal is harder than any other coins. Jared is aiming to the top, and if we're reading this or following this post, we kinda believe in him or we are very curious about DGB at least^^
Keep going DGB-Community, we've got some rocket to setup !

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
EPLDCC

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

There is not a set formula for mining profitability.  I thought your analysis was interesting HR.  However, it didn't match my real world data using scrypt ASIC.  Mining can't be analyzed as an independent activity from trading or from a larger systemic approach to investing, supporting, and engaging with DGB.  I spent a significant amount of money on my current ASIC rig.  Around the time it was delivered, the support forums for the company were filled with people saying that it could never be profitable.  Here I am, 2 calendar years later, and I'm still theoretically in profits mining DGB.  I say theoretically because I don't sell to pay for operating costs.

Your work with support and analysis is fantastic.  It is a huge benefit to have you working on behalf of DGB.

To directly address the points in your previous post ... GPU (and CPU) can be profitable.  Clearly it's not the best choice if you try to compete directly with ASIC.  But, it can squeak out a a profit with the non-ASIC algorithms when it is done with care and thought in the process of mining DGB.  ASIC mining is not necessarily bad.  Neither is GPU or CPU necessarily good.  ASICs are a part of our world.

At DGB we have a great diversity of mining and support within our community.  The diversity adds value to DGB.

We all get frustrated sometimes.  It happened to me from December through January.  I just felt like no matter what I wrote here or tried I was pissing into the wind.  I was disheartened, but it wasn't about DGB.

We are here as a DigiByte community to support and encourage and grow.  Everyone here contributes and adds value to our community.  We disagree.  We agree.  We argue.  We build.  We develop.  We support.  We are all committed to the success of DGB.  I think it's great that we have seen some new members of the community expressing interest in mining and supporting DGB.  To all the new members of our community ... we are here to help you.  DigiByte has a bright future.  I believe we will have plenty of challenges on the way, but we'll get there.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:03:22 AM

hey guys, I think about starting mining by using a vps. will that work ?
and I did try to read all what you wrote about mining in this topic, but it seems that the software that helps beginner is down, and I'm really having trouble understanding.
can any one upload "DigiHash 3-Click Easy Miner for Beginners" for me please.
and does any one use vps for mining I need some stats, because I'm thinking about buying a whole vps reseller.

Dont buy a VPS, you will lose money.

You could pickup a USB ASIC on ebay which is probably best for you but I dont mine anymore so I couldn't really say. Maybe one of the miners could offer some insight?

if the vps can mine, then I'm not thinking about one vps, I' thinking about a lot, I'm saying I'll buy an unlimited vps reseller and not a vps.
so if he can mine just a few with a lot of them I can mine more and more. looks goood to me.
but let's wait for a miner.
the USB ASIC could be a great idea, but I'm not willing to use my internet connection. I am a gamer I need my internet to play, and sins the digibytegaming payout are becoming lower and lower, I need another way to get dgb. so using my internet connection is not an option. that's why I come up with the idea of vps reseller.

Mining won't hit your connection that bad,
I'm mining a coin with my graphics card, I have 3 Scrypt usb miners mining and 2 POS wallets going and its barely affecting my sons ping. (i'm on cable though)

Don't buy usb scrypt miners, you will not make your money back, you are better off using that money just to buy Digibyte.
I just bought 3 futurebit miners from the forums because I wanted to have a bit of a play, but I wont make back the $90 I spent on them a couple of weeks ago.

But if your hell bent on picking some up, check out this post, there may be some left
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.msg13869225#msg13869225

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is - and if you've got a gaming rig already built, then you've already got the necessary hardware. Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it. I recommend mining with the groestl algo since it is the most efficient electricity wise and stresses your system much less than others (nice clean COOL efficient mining). It has a bit of a learning curve to get everything set up, but I think you'll find all the necessary information on my forum, or at least the links to that information if not: http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19 It'll take you some time to get set up, but once you've got it properly configured, it's nothing more than starting your miner and then making money while you sleep.

One other note: yes, buying DGB directly in the open market is still cheaper than the electricity cost needed to mine equivalent amounts so you're not going to need to get in a hurry, but I do expect that to change in the not too distant future so take your time and get it right and you'll be set up. In the meantime, you can buy about 2x the amount you can mine with the same fiat . . . but I haven't checked the price in the last couple of hours, and maybe that's changed already! Wink

Edit: Remember, multi-algo levels the playing field: you need the same amount of electricity to generate equivalent mining rewards regardless of the algo mined because the payouts are algo adjusted as it were (e.g. you get much less per ASIC hashrate than you get for GPU hashrate). That's the reason for multi-algo: to keep things fair and the average user in the game . . . which leads to a real widely distributed network that is secure, etc., etc.

HR this simply is not comprehensive analysis. Where is your data? I'm guessing you are comparing the latest sha asics with a standard gaming pc and I'm willing to bet the vast majority of sha miners on our network are not the latest available but outdated machines. The sha difficulty on our network has more variation than our market price. Recently, it seems that you think you will get your point across better by insulting people, you are a smart guy, surly you can argue your point without resorting to this. The total dgb mined across all algos in any one day is around 6 million dgb, look how much is traded each day it's considerably more on the markets. Sha mining is not keeping the price of dgb down. This is not the good fight you are fighting here!  
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:05:39 AM

Hi Crazy.

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

There's a detailed solo mine HOWTO on the OP and on my forum that have already been graciously provided to this user before he came back with smart assed remarks questioning the validity of around 3 hours of numbers crunching on my part. Then when he starts being a cry baby, you all start groveling. What are people to think when you're groveling in front of someone who demonstratably despises hard work and then starts whinning when you make things very clear? At very least, people will say you have problems discerning between people who yank your chain and people who contribute value. You've got a HOWTO on the OP! He's been pointed to a wealth of information, and you still grovel? BTW, How are things going with the DiguSign search of signed embedded documents? I suppose that's been fixed since you find the time to engage in activities that are a waste of time and self humiliating.

Come to think about it, what's the old saying? Birds of a feather fly together? Maybe you're all just alike? Have you ever seen anywhere, not just here with DGB, but anywhere crypto, an analysis as comprehensive as the one I did the other day about mining returns on electricity used? You make than kind of effort and it's followed by babbling gibberish? Frankly it's mind blowing, especially when it answers the all too frequently asked question as to why price is being kept down! The question that immediately comes to mind is if I am surrounded by ingrates, idiots, or losers. And that analysis also clearly shows that mining IS PROFITABLE, for SHA-256, and would be for GPU, if SHA-256 weren't present. What everone's problem? Too tough? Too advanced to deal with? Is it easier to act like a baffoon?

Tone it down and give it a rest mate.
EPLDCC

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:16:58 AM

Hi Crazy.

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

Hey HR.  For what it's worth ... if I have to choose between ingrate, idiot, and loser ... I'll choose for you to put me in the idiot group.
czenrique

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:56:15 AM

Why to much block SHA256 on Node Stratum Pool pending?
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:08:32 AM

Why to much block SHA256 on Node Stratum Pool pending?
Yep, there are some big payouts waiting to happen there on digihash pool! I would have thought it would have been pushed out by now as it was reported yesterday but I have total confidence it will be eventually. 
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:58:36 AM

C'mon pumper, dump this shit to 10 sats, cause I'm waiting there.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
ghostycc

Activity: 270

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:00:00 PM

C'mon pumper, dump this shit to 10 sats, cause I'm waiting there.

Guess we'll never see it again ^^

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
Pages: « 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: