Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:01:25 PM

2) Each algo has a block timing of 1 min 15 seconds. Microsoft research showed on the BTC network it takes an average of 6.5 seconds for 50% of nodes to receive a new block. 95% in 40 seconds with a mean of 12 seconds. So our 1 min 15 second individual algo block time is well within this time frame.

Why does individual algo block time matter here? It doesn't!
DGB block time is 15 secs, right?

I'd like to stop the bullshitting and fudding in favor of discussing about the facts. Anyone? Smiley

Besides that - i like DGB. It's great for trading, good pump cycle, awesome marketing.
15 seconds is not set in stone as the DigiByte block time. It is made up from 5 algorithms each with averaged block time of 75s. So the averaged time for the whole of Digibyte is a block being found every 15s. You cannot debunk JCs basic math problem but you can say there are variables that come into play that are more than likely going to defeat it because it is a future problem for DigiByte that he is asking you to solve with today’s tools, where nothing on the network is capable of verifying the transactions fast enough. I don’t think this is actually true today and it will be even less so in the future. This is why he wants to stick us to an imaginary constant flow of 43 second transactions but think about what that actually means. It means we would be running at full capacity constantly where nothing had a chance to catch up, it’s just ridiculous really and we would be competing with VISA today. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:20:42 PM

Why are you still here if the only thing you want to do is FUD on DGB?
There's a lot of other thread that might be interested in your comments.
i'm waiting john-connor crash DGB lolll
You are wasting everyone else’s time as well as your own because that isn’t going to happen.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:44:32 PM

2) Each algo has a block timing of 1 min 15 seconds. Microsoft research showed on the BTC network it takes an average of 6.5 seconds for 50% of nodes to receive a new block. 95% in 40 seconds with a mean of 12 seconds. So our 1 min 15 second individual algo block time is well within this time frame.

I'd like to stop the bullshitting and fudding in favor of discussing about the facts. Anyone? Smiley

Besides that - i like DGB. It's great for trading, good pump cycle, awesome marketing.
15 seconds is not set in stone as the DigiByte block time. It is made up from 5 algorithms each with averaged block time of 75s. So the averaged time for the whole of Digibyte is a block being found every 15s. You cannot debunk JCs basic math problem but you can say there are variables that come into play that are more than likely going to defeat it because it is a future problem for DigiByte that he is asking you to solve with today’s tools, where nothing on the network is capable of verifying the transactions fast enough. I don’t think this is actually true today and it will be even less so in the future. This is why he wants to stick us to an imaginary constant flow of 43 second transactions but think about what that actually means. It means we would be running at full capacity constantly where nothing had a chance to catch up, it’s just ridiculous really and we would be competing with VISA today.  

Thanks for the reply. Smiley

I think his initial point was that DGB isn't as scalable as it claims it is (today). So yes, it seems he is technically right here (today). Wink

DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:50:09 PM

How fast is DGB transaction from one wallet to another?
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 08:58:42 PM

I think his initial point was that DGB isn't as scalable as it claims it is (today). So yes, it seems he is technically right here (today). Wink
There is only one way to prove that and that is by breaking it today but that would be pointless and very expensive and DigiByte would not fall down unless you were able to continuously maintain the stress at which point we would have to admit that it wasn't as scalable as presently programmed, if it did fall over. But then we would change the code and move on. The scalability of DigiByte is layed out in a 20 year plan, we are expecting much to change in this time. So DigiByte is as scalable as described!
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:11:38 PM

I can’t answer this definitively but fast enough to buy coffee with.   
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:43:20 PM

Well, I guess it depends. For example how many average transactions do you need to get an average block size of roughly 1GB? Or the other way round, would the amount of average TX DGB claims to scale up to grow the block size to an amount that can't be processed in that 15s time frame? DGB didn't claims it would handle any filled with rubbish blocks made up to attack the network, although it should claim it handles without breaking down.
Then there is the assumption that nodes go completely haywire if they don't validate blocks in time. Now by logic they would indeed start to lag behind and get unsynchronized with the network. But they normally won't shatter the network, else every node experiencing network troubles, having to sync up after a downtime or run on a RaspPi with a bad day would say farewell mainbranch and walk off on their own every time. A question remains: How good are block generating/mining nodes at noticing they lag behind and are invalid blocks securely being orphaned in such a scenario?

Quite a bit surprising was DigiBytes answer that each algo has 75s time to get settled between blocks, though. How does that work? Something like each algo running its own mini-blockchain tied together I don't know how to form the full chain? Or am I mistaken that on normal blockchains blocks refer to the one in front and if DGB didn't change that all miners on all algos would have to update their hashing job every time a new block gets mined regardless of which algo it was mined on?
wurstgelee

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:51:01 PM

There is only one way to prove that and that is by breaking it today but that would be pointless and very expensive and DigiByte would not fall down unless you were able to continuously maintain the stress at which point we would have to admit that it wasn't as scalable as presently programmed, if it did fall over. But then we would change the code and move on. The scalability of DigiByte is layed out in a 20 year plan, we are expecting much to change in this time. So DigiByte is as scalable as described!

I guess we could argue whether a product is scalable if you have to alter it to be scalable or not, but i agree that it's no big deal to alter it. Cheesy

Crash95

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:56:45 PM

The best one  Wink Wink
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:47:43 PM

I guess we could argue whether a product is scalable if you have to alter it to be scalable or not, but i agree that it's no big deal to alter it. Cheesy
Hardware technology is not stagnant; it’s advancing all the time as you probably know, strongly linked to moore’s law. I expect it to outpace demand for DigiByte to alter to cope with this particular scenario if it has not already but I have no crystal ball. DigiByte has a road map towards specific targets that will eventually supersede VISA capabilities and beyond. These targets have not just been plucked out of thin air but calculated/estimated(bit of both) to keep DigiByte at the cutting edge of what is achievable using this technology but what is the point of software if you can’t alter it when you need to?   
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:43:41 AM

testing send 100.000 dgb to my wallet, on 10 sec tx can see on pending tx, less than a minute,  all tx already confirmation

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:46:42 AM

Does anyone know when the fix for the Chrome wallet extension will be finished?  Mine's been broken for almost a week now.
Telenong

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:56:36 AM

Does anyone know when the fix for the Chrome wallet extension will be finished?  Mine's been broken for almost a week now.

check out some of the previous page it ever discussed

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:27:41 AM

Does anyone know when the fix for the Chrome wallet extension will be finished?  Mine's been broken for almost a week now.

check out some of the previous page it ever discussed
DigiByte gaming site suggests using chrome beta to skip loading page and says they are working to resolve the issue.
https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html
idk if that helps.
minhtito

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:19:38 AM

Does Digibyte plan to expand their game titles?
TTE

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:32:53 AM

According to rumors, Dota 2 is on the plan as next game.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 10:43:34 AM

According to rumors, Dota 2 is on the plan as next game.

Rumors rumors rumors.....

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Telenong

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:13:30 PM

testing send 100.000 dgb to my wallet, on 10 sec tx can see on pending tx, less than a minute,  all tx already confirmation

Did you use the web wallet because the web wallet still isn't working.  Hopefully the fix comes out soon, or they pick up enough new people at these "conferences" to move some of us new suckers---investors off the bottom of the pyramid.

I never keep bitcoin, digibyte or other on web wallet, because it is not safe. as i know dgb web wallet has long time shut down. digibyte dev give warning 3-4 month ago. they ask member to move all coin from there

kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:20:17 PM

wallet stuck on 2499016

kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:54:07 PM

wallet stuck on 2499016
all ok

Pages: « 1 ... 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: