Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 [5865] 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:42:58 AM

Hey everyone, I tried to address all of the questions you guys had on the The DashRoundtable above. If anything remained unanswered or has some ambiguity feel free to rephrase your questions and we can continue the conversation.

I just listened to the broadcast (great show) and tried to visualize some of the things that you guys discussed over there, can you tell me if this is somewhat correct ?

Good idea -- I made a few charts. I was talking to someone the other day who would only learn visually, I guess it's important sometimes.

https://github.com/evan82/sentinel/blob/master/docs/tour.md

Lol didn't even read all but loved FF6 reference Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nmarley

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:46:39 AM

From your tour.md:

Users can be employees, volunteers or managers.

What if I sign up and become a volunteer, but then later have an opportunity to become an employee? Will I have to create a new account at that point, or will a roles system be set up to take this into account?
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:24:36 AM

Been a bit out of touch with Dash lately so last night had a bit of catch up whats new and watched part of Evans last interview. Was a little concerned by Evans comment that he's sees Dash as a monetary system. Or the 'first decentralised monetary system' I think he said. Maybe I'm misinterpreting intent of this statement but to me that is too grandoise.

My strong opinion is that Dash should only be thought of as Digital Cash. Only that and nothing more. Digital cash. I see potential that Dash is slipping off the rails and losing focus on what is supposed to be.

Digital Cash

The budget should be going towards things to stimulate demand for using it as Cash. Getting Dash accepted into as many e-commerce portals as possible /* even encouraging use in dark web on silk road type sites */

Also the new subject line of the thread is nice but out of touch with Dash's true calling. Maybe something like this is better;  [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First true Digital Cash

I love the Dash project and the community but sometimes worry the potential will not be realised as it should. Being the internets cash of choice is huge. This is what we should aim at
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:26:30 AM

Looks like everyone is expecting a bitcoin bullrun and alts are dumped hard probably because of that expectation  Roll Eyes
I got a month old buy order filled here, lets hope i don't regret it after i waited over a month to get that fill :O gl all

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
docker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:58:32 AM

Bitcoin halving will be good for Dash? There is too much expectation and probably we will see blood on btc side
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:59:26 PM

Open Discussion about possibly adding a layer of Project Managers in Dash's flow process

That's a great idea.   Smiley

Where are the project managers for Masternode blinding and coin mixing time reduction?

Can I get paid to perform those functions?

Of course we also require another layer of checks in the form of a Project Manager Review Board.  I can help with that too, if the price is right.

You think you could bring some of those Hashfast leadership skills?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:47:35 PM

Bitcoin halving will be good for Dash? There is too much expectation and probably we will see blood on btc side

It's not going up as much as Dash is going down.  Very shocking to me to see Dash drop like this.  Who sells their precious Dash for such low prices?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
spatula

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:55:03 PM

It's not going up as much as Dash is going down.  Very shocking to me to see Dash drop like this.  Who sells their precious Dash for such low prices?

People just don't want to miss the BTC moon shot, but I really doubt that is going to happen anyway. Dash will out-perform BTC in the long run. Whenever these people who are selling now feel that the BTC climb is over, they will try to buy back into DASH, but the liquidity to buy back in will force the price right back up, and above the current ratio.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:01:25 PM

Been a bit out of touch with Dash lately so last night had a bit of catch up whats new and watched part of Evans last interview. Was a little concerned by Evans comment that he's sees Dash as a monetary system. Or the 'first decentralised monetary system' I think he said. Maybe I'm misinterpreting intent of this statement but to me that is too grandoise.

My strong opinion is that Dash should only be thought of as Digital Cash. Only that and nothing more. Digital cash. I see potential that Dash is slipping off the rails and losing focus on what is supposed to be.

Digital Cash

The budget should be going towards things to stimulate demand for using it as Cash. Getting Dash accepted into as many e-commerce portals as possible /* even encouraging use in dark web on silk road type sites */

Also the new subject line of the thread is nice but out of touch with Dash's true calling. Maybe something like this is better;  [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First true Digital Cash

I love the Dash project and the community but sometimes worry the potential will not be realised as it should. Being the internets cash of choice is huge. This is what we should aim at

Currently, the team is focusing on just that, fiat gateways are essential for Dash to work as cash and is the foundation for e-commerce as well as brick and mortar commerce.  You won't, however, see any official push for black market uses as we have a team that is fully exposed with their personal identifications, etc...  You don't see such things officially condoned with Bitcoin either.  What people do with their money and their lives is up to them.

As far as the "management" system, Evan has simply come up with a way where Dash can expand and scale, while keeping everything as decentralized as possible.  In the small scale, this resolves the long term funding issues - where long term contracts can't be revoked, yet are managed so that funds aren't thrown out the window.

Anyway, this is just the beginning of what can be done, and I'm sure it will be modified as more ideas are discussed, or else, we'll all understand it better, and use it the way we all see fit.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:05:36 PM

People just don't want to miss the BTC moon shot, but I really doubt that is going to happen anyway. Dash will out-perform BTC in the long run. Whenever these people who are selling now feel that the BTC climb is over, they will try to buy back into DASH, but the liquidity to buy back in will force the price right back up, and above the current ratio.

Hopefully, better liquidity will help that once we get more fiat gateways?

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:06:49 PM

It's maddening that the price always seems to do this...we run up quite high, get to thinking that the market might actually begin to appreciate our technology, and then get dumped. Look at last year--we got as high as 0.0245 (albeit briefly), and then got as low as 0.0055 later in the year. This year we get up to 0.018 and then....who knows?

The good news is that with Bitcoin appreciating in value, our fiat value isn't declining as fast as our BTC/Dash ratio. In the last big Bitcoin bull run last Oct/Nov, our fiat value held fairly stable. We know that our BTC/Dash ratio always goes down during Bitcoin bull runs, but the encouraging thing is that once people have ridden the BTC wave and things stabilize, they often put some of their newfound profits back into alts.

In fact, this could end up being good for our price (in a few months). Let's say that $100 million gets pulled out of alts and jumps into the BTC market. Suppose that they double their money and then put it back into alts. That's now twice as much money flowing back in. An alternative is that they cash out the $100 million to fiat and put the original $100 million back into alts. Then if/when the price of alts declines at some point in the future, they have $100 million to buy back in at cheap prices, supporting the market from further declines.

I could be completely wrong, but it's a theory.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:10:03 PM

I'm a huge Bitcoin skeptic, but I think that the rise could go a lot further. Bitcoin just broke out of a 5 month triangle, which usually means massive moves either up or down. Even if you don't believe in TA (some don't), you still have to consider SegWit and LN. If (probably a big if) they manage to deploy both this summer before the halving, and combine that with the inevitable media hype from the halving, Bitcoin could be a moon shot.

Then again, if they fail to deploy SegWit and LN, there will be a lot of disappointment which could drop the price. There is also a (slim) possibility that a congested network, combined with the halving, could lead to a BTC death spiral. I personally highly doubt it, but it could definitely lead to some pain for a month or so if the hashrate drops low enough after the halving.

Dash - Digital Cash
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:22:21 PM

Who sells their precious Dash for such low prices?

Not us! MN 3750  Cool
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count.png
spatula

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:19:57 PM

I'm a huge Bitcoin skeptic, but I think that the rise could go a lot further. Bitcoin just broke out of a 5 month triangle, which usually means massive moves either up or down. Even if you don't believe in TA (some don't), you still have to consider SegWit and LN. If (probably a big if) they manage to deploy both this summer before the halving, and combine that with the inevitable media hype from the halving, Bitcoin could be a moon shot.

Then again, if they fail to deploy SegWit and LN, there will be a lot of disappointment which could drop the price. There is also a (slim) possibility that a congested network, combined with the halving, could lead to a BTC death spiral. I personally highly doubt it, but it could definitely lead to some pain for a month or so if the hashrate drops low enough after the halving.

I do believe in TA, if only in the form of self-fulfilling prophecy. If enough people believe it, it will become true. I think BTC has further to go as well, but as soon as it slows down I think we could see money flow back into DASH very quickly and cause a very big spike over a short period of time. This would make it very hard to buy back in. My plan is to just hold on tight for the ride.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:30:27 PM

I do believe in TA, if only in the form of self-fulfilling prophecy. If enough people believe it, it will become true. I think BTC has further to go as well, but as soon as it slows down I think we could see money flow back into DASH very quickly and cause a very big spike over a short period of time. This would make it very hard to buy back in. My plan is to just hold on tight for the ride.

This is entirely possible! Here's hoping!

I believe in TA because humans really suck at randomness and are full of cognitive biases. I'm also a historian, and I can't tell you how drastically that has changed the way I see the world. Few people realize just how much of what we do has already been done before, if in a slightly different way. (People also really suck at learning from history, and even those who know history have a tendency to think that everything is different this time around.) There really is nothing new under the Sun. =)

Dash - Digital Cash
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:46:12 PM

You really believed Duffield was going to stick with one plan and follow through on it?  That was a mistake...

Dash didn't accidentally slip off the rails, it was intentionally driven off them by its mad conductor.

The same thing happened to Darkcoin when Duffield got bored, lost focus on the privacy vision, and suddenly imposed a pivot that made the project externally unrecognizable from its (dubious instamined) origins.

Dash's "digital cash" vision died last year.  Now it wants to be Fake Ethereum (IE Evolution).

Oh wait, that was before the latest grandoise shift to emphasize crowd funding (IE Fake Kickstarter) and governance-by-blockchain (IE Fake Decred).

So many trendy new fads to follow, so little time.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:53:04 PM

It's not just a 5 month triangle only. It's much larger. If you observe the chart in logarithmic scale you can make out a triangle from far back as november 2011 where btc was 2 dollar and the absolut maximum of about 1160 +/- dollar in december 2013.
TA may very well be a self-fullfilling mechanic. A lot know it and act accordingly.

BTC seems to have picked up it's rise slope from 2011. I am a bit sceptical that this holds because the break out came 1 week too late and I see no real other motivation than the TA for the price rise.

SigWit and LN is not something I value as postive. It's shadowed by the blocksize crisis and the stubborn devs.
About the block halfing I am not sure how much impact this might have on the price.

DASH is very stable when it comes to its fiat value.

I agree with what was mentioned that DASH should be first and foremost a digital cash.
Keep the focus on that. That's what normal people understand and want.

If you confuse them with self governement and even mention "manager" half of the working people will turn their back and dont look back ever. Crypto is already hard enough to swallow by the public.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:57:45 PM

Hey everyone, I tried to address all of the questions you guys had on the The DashRoundtable above. If anything remained unanswered or has some ambiguity feel free to rephrase your questions and we can continue the conversation.

I just listened to the broadcast (great show) and tried to visualize some of the things that you guys discussed over there, can you tell me if this is somewhat correct ?

Good idea -- I made a few charts. I was talking to someone the other day who would only learn visually, I guess it's important sometimes.

https://github.com/evan82/sentinel/blob/master/docs/tour.md

thanks, i appreciate it.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:00:02 PM

SigWit and LN is not something I value as postive. It's shadowed by the blocksize crisis and the stubborn devs.
About the block halfing I am not sure how much impact this might have on the price.

But a lot do see it as positive. At least to me, the blocksize debate looks much less intractable than it once did. I know everybody wants to say that LN is centralized etc., but when seven people (mining pool managers) control the entire BTC currency, can it really get more centralized than that? Plus, a lot of people really don't care that much about decentralization. I think we are kind of the radical fringe. Most people just want something that will work. Ordinary people are used to centralization and probably don't mind it all that much.

Dash - Digital Cash
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:51:34 PM

Good morning everyone:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.msg14674154#msg14674154

I'm starting to resemble a crazy old man on the Dash Nation thread talking to myself.  Cheesy That's OK, I'll keep it going until one of you fine Dash Nation members have something to say to me or to the good readers of the Altcoin discussion board. If we let that thread die, the detractors get to spread a false narrative about Dash unchecked.

Cheers,

Tao.

Pages: « 1 ... 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 [5865] 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: