Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 [5851] 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:19:30 AM

Happy Thai New Year(Songkran) to everyone, your teamwork, integrity, and global hive mind knows no limits and you are making it happen beyond all expectations Grin

Sub-Ether has gone off grid for a while (if you define off grid as having sporadic internet connections, lol).

wishing you all good health and happiness,

x.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:22:07 AM

Happy Thai New Year(Songkran) to everyone, your teamwork, integrity, and global hive mind knows no limits and you are making it happen beyond all expectations Grin

Sub-Ether has gone off grid for a while (if you define off grid as having sporadic internet connections, lol).

wishing you all good health and happiness,

x.

i hope your water gun is oiled and loaded
enjoy
 Grin
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:40:15 AM

wishing you all good health and happiness
x.
i hope your water gun is oiled and loaded
enjoy
 Grin
You know about Songkran then, ''Sawad Dee Songkran Bee ne, krup.'  Grin
Its the only country in the world where you can shoot a policeman in the face with a high powered pump action water gun and he'll just laugh.
(Can you imagine what would happen doing that in America!)

Chok Dee:)

Byzzz

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:13:34 AM

I decided to add dash as one of payment method to my new project (poker online)  Roll Eyes

need some info about instantx + one or two website provide json api for dash price live

be like no one is not interested, maybe dash have poker website and because this no one can help :|

Here are just a few people always like old women continue to talk

When someone does not support in this biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig community dash ( link or some explain ) why should impose extra costs to myself for another payment method like dash

good luck

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:20:14 AM

I decided to add dash as one of payment method to my new project (poker online)  Roll Eyes

need some info about instantx + one or two website provide json api for dash price live

be like no one is not interested, maybe dash have poker website and because this no one can help :|

When someone does not support in this biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig community dash ( link or some explain ) why should impose extra costs to myself for another payment method like dash

good luck

Have a little patience, perhaps most people that can help you aren´t in the same time zone and are sleeping at this moment.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:26:52 AM

good luck

Have you tried to put this questions on https://dashtalk.org forum?
All the tech guys are there and I'm sure they'll help you in no time.

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:16:10 AM

+1, dashtalk or the public slack channel are way better for tech help:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/public-dash-slack-community.7937/

Smooth and his cronies have basically backed us into a corner here for two years

rofwl !

Speak for yourself. They never backed me into a corner. (Nor, apparently Evan). I just invest in what I calculate has a future.

I can't even begin to fathom how many people we may have lost out on during the first two years because of this. People with families, friends, skills to give.

I think what you're missing is the fact that a monetary medium is not a popularity contest. It either works or doesn't.

You're battling battling flies who's argument is already dead and buried and yet dismiss genuine monetary researchers who are trying to open up a secondary monetary tier for Dash.

That just baffles me.

I was a bit sceptical at first too Tok but in hindsight I've got in touch with a few folks I've got to know over the years on this forum about Dash and practically all of them have been swung by the trolling to some degree. These are smart people that wouldn't be easily swayed by empty talk but the trolls have had an effect none the less and that's just a very small cross section, there could be tens of thousands influenced by their BS at this stage and even discussion in this thread has been seriously affected by them.

Take the post above by r4vani for example, this thread is long and rambling so that post would probably get a new thread where it could be discussed in any depth and refereed to for similar questions in the future. Instead we're in a spot where any thread like that would be up to 5 pages of "instamine" spam and disruption of the topic before it can even get going and Dash has had years of that BS, so much so that a large part of the community doesn't follow discussions on this forum any more.

I've seen at least 10 posters take a new interest since Tao started on his campaign and that could already equate to a thousand or more taking a silent interest. The only message Dash needs to get across is "there's some genuine innovation going on here, take a look and see what you think", only a very simple message but the trolls have been very successful at silencing it and that has to stop.

EDIT: Btw Tok, a bit OT, this was linked in something else that was linked here and reading it was a real eye opener:
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/08/what-is-debt-%E2%80%93-an-interview-with-economic-anthropologist-david-graeber.html

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:34:54 AM

I've seen at least 10 posters take a new interest since Tao started on his campaign and that could already equate to a thousand or more taking a silent interest. The only message Dash needs to get across is "there's some genuine innovation going on here, take a look and see what you think", only a very simple message but the trolls have been very successful at silencing it and that has to stop.

Ok. Can't argue with "field data".

I apologise to Tao if I came across as undermining his efforts which are always made in good faith. It's just that I've never personally felt their attacks very substantive and am keen to develop 'real' economic use-cases for Dash. (As opposed to speculative ones).

Btw Tok, a bit OT, this was linked in something else that was linked here and reading it was a real eye opener:
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/08/what-is-debt-%E2%80%93-an-interview-with-economic-anthropologist-david-graeber.html

Cheers - looks interesting. Will have a read.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:25:05 PM

My opinion (no evidence to support it) is that few people get into Dash because of BCT...but people who are considering an investment and visit BCT as part of due diligence cannot of course help to be influenced by it to some degree.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:37:39 PM

O/T

Here is a great colour scheme generator.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:01:12 PM

Ok. Can't argue with "field data".

I apologise to Tao if I came across as undermining his efforts which are always made in good faith. It's just that I've never personally felt their attacks very substantive and am keen to develop 'real' economic use-cases for Dash. (As opposed to speculative ones).

Btw Tok, a bit OT, this was linked in something else that was linked here and reading it was a real eye opener:

Cheers - looks interesting. Will have a read.

It's an interesting one and since posting it a few times I'm seeing "moral economy" popping up all over the place but I think that's in response to China's plans for what's being termed as a credit rating system as some reports I've read on it strongly suggest that's the aim.

Sorry if I came across as confrontational anywhere there, that wasn't at all the intention. I had the whole altcoin section disabled here at one stage because it was pure spam, hundreds of threads with more every day and you could spend days trawling through them and find absolutely nothing of interest. It's not quite so bad now but that's still what we're up against, if an alt doesn't get a good impression across in the first few views then it's lost its chance and while Dash has been around long enough to deserve extra attention that first impression is still the most important one.

Something underused imho, the internet causes all sorts of clashes of culture and you only need to take a glance at the discussions to see that happening here, Dash is taking the "build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door" route while others are taking the "crush any competing mousetrap" route. I guess that's just common business practice and the kind of thing shareholders see as a good sign but are crypto users shareholders? Personally I've always been disgusted by the relationship but I guess that's the way many see it, imho that's appealing to a very specific demographic and if digital cash targets a specific demographic at the cost of another then it's failed.

Fwiw the trolling doesn't bother me over much, Dash is right at the front in the tech race with no signs of slowing down and it's unlikely more than a small handful have a chance of keeping up with the pace. The foundations and userbase are extremely solid and the longer the trolls keep up their campaign the stronger that userbase will be, it'll grow regardless and imho growing with a small but strong following is better that attracting the masses but v0.12.1 could be a turning point for that view.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:32:58 PM

Fwiw the trolling doesn't bother me over much, Dash is right at the front in the tech race with no signs of slowing down and it's unlikely more than a small handful have a chance of keeping up with the pace.

Although I accept what you're saying re anecdotal evidence of adverse publicity, I really think the effect of it is over estimated.

The trading charts show exactly the same profile as any other coin over the 2 years. The adoption profile for nodes shows no signal whatsoever that belies any adverse impact - just consistent, unimpeded growth. The various "trolling campaigns" have had at least as much favourable impact as negative because A. they look stupid B. they keep it being one of the most discussed projects and C. the give us a chance to do deep-concept promotion that we wouldn't otherwise have. (Well at least I quite enjoy using troll posts as a launching pad for some rambling commentary or other  Wink  ).

Nor does it appear to affect the people that matter. For example the two monetary researchers that wanted to use Dash as a basis for their Flow Money proposal flat out said it was the most advanced (monetarily) of all on offer. Max Keiser cited it as one of the 3 candidates for "the one" to 20 million viewers.

I would relax  Cool
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 01:48:34 PM

I don't think Dash's designers were targeting speculative value

You may want to check the actual history and reevaluate that opinion in light of things like this:

http://www.darkcoin.guide/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/masternode_payment_plan.png

Oh wait, that link is dead.  Now why would Evan want to hide the evidence?

Too bad for Duffield the HYIP salesman this exists:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150601003557/http://darkcoin.guide/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/masternode_payment_plan.png

If ^that^ isn't "targeting speculative value" I don't know what is.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:04:31 PM

If ^that^ isn't "targeting speculative value" I don't know what is.

...understandable, given you don't appear to know the difference between "quantified" and "speculative".
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:28:17 PM

...understandable, given you don't appear to know the difference between "quantified" and "speculative".

The chart is clearly (in both the logical and financial senses of the word) speculative, as it illustrates for HYIP marketing purposes potential (IE future) ROI under both 1k and 2k MadoffNode scenarios.

I was of course using "speculative" in the financial sense as your linked definition provides:

2. a. Engaging in, given to, or involving financial speculation

You should by now know questioning my word choice is a great way to embarrass yourself while providing me an additional opportunity to emphasize my point.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:44:27 PM

Speculative Return: "I bought this stock. I hope it goes up in price"

Quantified Return: "I invested in this currency. It will pay a 21% ROI per year"
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:54:31 PM

i use this one to match colors for websites and other stuff.
Has also some nice color themes ( https://color.adobe.com/de/explore/newest/) allready
https://color.adobe.com/

Nice. Hadn't seen that Adobe one.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:54:58 PM

Speculative Return: "I bought this stock. I hope it goes up in price"

Quantified Return: "I invested in this currency. It will pay a 21% ROI per year"

The ROI chart lists exact (quantified) values for two extremely specific possible scenarios, 1k and 2k MadoffNodes.

It did not and could not have quantified nor predicted any exact percent yield, because it list two mutually exclusive outcomes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:03:30 PM

It did not and could not have quantified nor predicted any exact percent yield, because it list two mutually exclusive outcomes.

Better let Boeing know about that problem.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:33:23 PM

good luck

Even further, I think the best place for this is :
https://dashtalk.org/forums/development-tech-discussion.8/

You can also contact @moocowmoo (for the instantX question : he help a lot making the DashNDrink accepting AND detecting instantX)
Pages: « 1 ... 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 [5851] 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: