Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722514 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:15:45 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 06:43:35 AM by 110110101

One of my masternodes was not payed last time, it was in the top 10% for an random payment, but now it has not been payed and is back to 0 in the rank.

I know there was some times where a mn could have bad luck and because of this it wont get payed, first time for me, so bad luck seems "ok", but where can i check if it was really because of bad luck and not something else, that could be perhaps fixed by me. Don't wanna be unlucky again Cheesy

dashninja tells me: (4 times / 0 missed / 0 hijacked)

but i definitely missed that payment .... last payment is 8 days, and rank on dashwhale is 0/38xx

Just let it be and a payment will happen sooner or later. The time estimation when a payment should happen is just that - an estimate. I think that the counter can't predict correctly when the time goes over the average payout time and goes to 0. I have a Masternode that got paid after 11-12 days or so, actually it happens quite often. If your node is operating fine, then just let in run and a payment will be coming your way!

edit darn autocorrect   Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:30:23 AM

Do you miss my DASH-videos?
Have a look at this new music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY11UJEeDuI

Maximum repost please! (and not only in crypto medias - very different people like music)

I got a lame twitter, but it's been tweeted Cheesy  Cool!  I like your guy!  He'll have to put out an album after a few more, LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:36:43 AM

Any news of Dash?I was in for a long time  Huh Huh

The news is that we keep working and working while nobody pays attention.  And one day, when everyone wakes up, it'll be so big, you'll wonder why you slept!

LOL, seriously, the herd of cattle just run hither and thither and don't see the billion caret diamond, nearly finished being cut and polished, sitting in the middle of the pasture.  But that's ok, because with Dash staying low in price, more intelligent people can keep buying, spreading the wealth when things go BOOM!

This is NOT financial advice, it's the rambling cheer of a cheerleader (me!)  which does come from the heart, but is of questionable value, LOL Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:48:39 AM

Do you miss my DASH-videos?
Have a look at this new music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY11UJEeDuI

Maximum repost please! (and not only in crypto medias - very different people like music)

Tx alex  Grin
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:58:55 PM

One of my masternodes was not payed last time, it was in the top 10% for an random payment, but now it has not been payed and is back to 0 in the rank.

I know there was some times where a mn could have bad luck and because of this it wont get payed, first time for me, so bad luck seems "ok", but where can i check if it was really because of bad luck and not something else, that could be perhaps fixed by me. Don't wanna be unlucky again Cheesy

but i definitely missed that payment .... last payment is 8 days, and rank on dashwhale is 0/38xx

Just let it be and a payment will happen sooner or later. The time estimation when a payment should happen is just that - an estimate. I think that the counter can't predict correctly when the time goes over the average payout time and goes to 0. I have a Masternode that got paid after 11-12 days or so, actually it happens quite often. If your node is operating fine, then just let in run and a payment will be coming your way!

edit darn autocorrect   Wink

thanks to all that answered to my question - and yes all were right Cheesy Cheesy - i guess i should have checked my rank in masternodelist - would have been good to know if it was just dashwhale which was wrong with the rank ...

Just received my payment  Shocked  Roll Eyes happy me

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
zoneout

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:06:03 PM

DASH has some serious competitors...like LISK, WAVES, DECRED and ETH. What's your opinion?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:29:29 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 06:41:38 PM by Minotaur26

DASH has some serious competitors...like LISK, WAVES, DECRED and ETH. What's your opinion?

That really depends on what you consider "competition", there will certainly be several networks that will have a role in the future of crypto. I don't know enough about the projects you mention to have an opinion on them but I think Dash success at this point depends primarily on Dash and maybe tangentially (for now at least) on the state of Bitcoin and the crypto industry in general.

I think Dash full node incentive program is a killer feature, it promotes participation and gives people a sense of ownership of the project. The incentives are better aligned and provides a way to generate income on investor holdings which in most networks remain idle.  The governance system and funding model in Dash also creates strong network effects and allows the project to pivot depending on changing market conditions, so Dash is dynamic and can adapt to a changing environment giving it greater chances of long term survival.

Dash's longer term plan is to create useful tools for end users and to foster an ecosystem of merchants and service providers, it has a plan, a team and a funding model to achieve that goal. There are still of course risks inherent to any business venture and we will see how the market evolves, but compared to what is out there at the moment I think Dash has a strong case to be one of the projects that survive long term.

Edit: I just wanted to add that Dash accomplishes this while still using Proof of Work to secure the blockchain (avoiding PoS) which is an important plus in my opinion. And only uses stake holdings for governance purposes but only attached to full node operation which I think is a superior way of doing it than just voting based on coin holdings without a direct network responsibility like masternodes.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:04:53 PM

Edit: I just wanted to add that Dash accomplishes this while still using Proof of Work to secure the blockchain (avoiding PoS) which is an important plus in my opinion. And only uses stake holdings for governance purposes but only attached to full node operation which I think is a superior way of doing it than just voting based on coin holdings without a direct network responsibility like masternodes.
+100
Proof of work is very important. It is the key feature that gave Bitcoin its legitimacy, and was a master stroke from Satoshi. Proof of work invites participation (and competition) not seen in other currencies. Just look at the Dash mining subforum and all its activity. We have ASICs now! I'm still pinching myself that we have friggin ASICs from different vendors. That is where it gets serious, because real world capital investments have been made to mine just X11 currencies. ASICs provide security AND legitimacy.  

The proof of stake coins do not have a good track record. NXT and Peercoin are the poster children, having fallen out of the top 5, and struggling to stay relevant.

Now I have to get back on reddit and (politely) correct some of the noobs who think that masternodes are just nodes doing proof of stake. Nope, it's proof of service.  

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:17:42 PM

I've heard of ETH, but what the hell is a lisk, waves, decred?

Let's say hypothetically that you want to invest a lot of money in a cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Which one do you pick, the new hyped-up flavor of the month with God knows how many potential security holes, or a long-standing and established currency that has been around for years and undergone security audits?

Bitcoin fits both those descriptors, as does Dash. Eth fits one. The others...they fit none.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:20:19 PM

I don't know most of those projects but from what i've seen there are very few serious dev teams in cryptocurrencies.  Bitcoin is one, Ethereum is another, although neither is in our market (macro payments / programmable transaction contracts).  

Our market is user's who want digital cash; money you can spend online/instore from any device without an intermediary. Implicit to that is users not having to wait or identify themselves if they don't want to which we have already and also not having to learn anything weird or go outside their comfort zone (easy to use).  

The goal sounds simple but there is a lot needed behind that and I haven't seen anything even trying yet (anything p2p that is...there are lots of currencies sending coins through some guys server and calling it decentralized or private but these obviously don't wash with mainstream users who are sticking with much better equivalents like PayPal/Google/Apple pay/Visa that are more convenient to use)

I would be interested if any other projects are aiming for our market too, if they are serious we could work together or learn / help each other. But I haven't seen any, apart from some awesome Bitcoin ecosystem innovators who's work has become really valuable for us to build on, but they're all stuck in Bitcoin, who's current dev team will never make the changes necessary to achieve a decentralized ecosystem and really let crypto take off - ours does though Smiley  

HinnomTX

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:01:22 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 09:21:31 PM by HinnomTX

Since you asked, I'll give my 2 cents. (Pardon spamming the Dash thread here but I'll try to stay brief).
1. Lisk is a total wildcard. On the one hand, making blockchain apps easier to write via Javascript could be huge for attracting talented developers. OTOH, they are using delegated proof of stake (DPoS), which is crap because it promotes an incestuous insiders club. Delegate #101 gets a full subsidy with his 100 other buddies. Delegate #102 gets a big fat zero.

2. Waves has great potential and I think Sasha will deliver everything promised. But, the question is, will it matter?  To what extent can it attract end users? How to foment the 'animal spirits' that compel long term investors, developers, and users to action? I'm afraid, due to it being a pure proof of stake system, with all coins already out with no long term subsidy, it may follow the same rise and fall as NXT.

3.  Decred. I'm still learning about this one. On the plus side, lots of effort has gone into making Decred a full DAO. I do like that it's mineable. I do like that they have a hybrid PoW/PoS system somewhat similar to DASH. I don't like the fact that 10% of the mining subsidy goes to a centralized foundation, "Decred Holdings Group, LLC (DHG), a Nevis-based organization" according to their wiki. They need to fix this and make passing proposals payable to developers directly from the blockchain.

4.  ETH. Where the party's at, apparently. I think they are making a mistake to move PoW operations to PoS. Once again, moving from 'wild mining', as camosoul puts it, exclusively to an insider's club of staking whales, is a fast way to kill a lot of interest in your economy.  DASH has a little bit of the 'staking whale' problem too (where whales receive more coins which lets them setup more masternodes to receive more coins), but the concentration is less because 55% of the subsidy goes elsewhere i.e. to miners and developers.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 08:32:50 PM by Macrochip

edit darn autocorrect   Wink

thanks to all that answered to my question - and yes all were right Cheesy Cheesy - i guess i should have checked my rank in masternodelist - would have been good to know if it was just dashwhale which was wrong with the rank ...

Just received my payment  Shocked  Roll Eyes happy me

Just to correct a misunderstanding here: Do not rely on the Dashwhale App to get your payment information, as it has trouble updating and doesn't properly show payments that actually occurred. I realized that when I compared my Dash-Qt transaction history with the Dashwhale App on my phone, because it (falsely) shows one Masternode overdue to me as well. All my MN payments are within the usual timeframe and should be for you as well as long as your node is status "OK".

afreer

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

Since you asked, I'll give my 2 cents. (Pardon spamming the Dash thread here but I'll try to stay brief).
1. Lisk is a total wildcard. On the one hand, making blockchain apps easier to write via Javascript could be huge for attracting talented developers. OTOH, they are using delegated proof of stake (DPoS), which is crap because it promotes an incestuous insiders club. Delegate #101 gets a full subsidy with his 100 other buddies. Delegate #102 gets a big fat zero.

2. Waves has great potential and I think Sasha will deliver everything promised. But, the question is, will it matter?  To what extent can it attract end users? How to foment the 'animal spirits' that compel long term investors, developers, and users to action? I'm afraid, due to it being a pure proof of stake system, with all coins already out with no long term subsidy, it may follow the same rise and fall as NXT.

3.  Decred. I'm still learning about this one. On the plus side, lots of effort has gone into making Decred a full DAO. I do like that it's mineable. I do like that they have a hybrid PoW/PoS system somewhat similar to DASH. I don't like the fact that 10% of the mining subsidy goes to a centralized foundation, "Decred Holdings Group, LLC (DHG), a Nevis-based organization" according to their wiki. They need to fix this and make passing proposals payable to developers directly from the blockchain.

4.  ETH. Where the party's at, apparently. I think they are making a mistake to move PoW operations to PoS. Once again, moving from 'wild mining', as camosoul puts it, exclusively to an insider's club of staking whales, is a fast way to kill a lot of interest in your economy.  DASH has a little bit of the 'staking whale' problem too (where whales receive more coins which lets them setup more masternodes to receive more coins), but the concentration is less because 55% of the subsidy goes elsewhere i.e. to miners and developers.

Out of interest, why do whales receive more coins which lets them setup more masternodes?  If I own 1 masternode or 10, my share of the supply is increasing at the same rate.  Do you mean the whales can get the next node faster? But i can just put the difference into a shared service and take a 20% hit which is not much different?
HinnomTX

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:09:26 PM

Out of interest, why do whales receive more coins which lets them setup more masternodes?  If I own 1 masternode or 10, my share of the supply is increasing at the same rate.  Do you mean the whales can get the next node faster? But i can just put the difference into a shared service and take a 20% hit which is not much different?
There's faster compounding interest for whales since the wait time to setup the next MN is shorter. Yes, in theory one can use a fractional MN service to improve returns. In practice I bet it's not done very often due to needing to trust the MN hosting counterparty. And the 20% hit eats returns a little bit.

afreer

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:26:43 PM

There's faster compounding interest for whales since the wait time to setup the next MN is shorter. Yes, in theory one can use a fractional MN service to improve returns. In practice I bet it's not done very often due to needing to trust the MN hosting counterparty. And the 20% hit eats returns a little bit.

OK yep that's what I thought then.  I do that through Splawik21 which reminds me he asked me to give feedback which I can confirm has been all good Smiley  I never used Node40 but I do know that Perry and Sean behind it regularly add tons of value in different ways from code to connections and are at the front in terms of innovation in our ecosystem.

I don't see it as a real problem then outside of the counterparty risk and loss of 20% profit on the coins not in your own node, besides MNs are just service providers adding value to the network. Without them, no decentralized services, we couldn't think of Evolution either.  Miners are the same, if the quantity of miners and hashrate was hypothetically static and they all invested rewards for securing the network in new hardware, their % of the rewards would stay the same too. 
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:42:29 PM

But those whales are investing and risking a commensurately "larger" sum in order to obtain that "faster" interest. Whats the difference, economically?  The opportunity and risk is there for any size investor.  How is that different than large miners who reinvest their bitcoins into more mining rigs to get more bitcoins?  They can accumulate the funds necessary to buy new rigs earlier than the small miner, which in turn allows them to be "faster" at finding blocks while the small miner stays the same.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 10:59:16 PM

But those whales are investing and risking a commensurately "larger" sum in order to obtain that "faster" interest. Whats the difference, economically?  The opportunity and risk is there for any size investor.  How is that different than large miners who reinvest their bitcoins into more mining rigs to get more bitcoins?  They can accumulate the funds necessary to buy new rigs earlier than the small miner, which in turn allows them to be "faster" at finding blocks while the small miner stays the same.
I agree with that. Moreover, larger investor have a lot more trouble "exiting" his investments, at lest currently - there is simply not enough liquidity. And that is not Dash specific - imagine someone selling 100.000 bitcoins for example if you think it is  Wink And for Dash it would be "only" 100 MNs btw.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:34:35 AM

I agree with that. Moreover, larger investor have a lot more trouble "exiting" his investments, at lest currently - there is simply not enough liquidity. And that is not Dash specific - imagine someone selling 100.000 bitcoins for example if you think it is  Wink And for Dash it would be "only" 100 MNs btw.

Someone just sold 5mn of dash..I buy at 0.012..
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:43:00 AM

where?
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:45:50 PM

Congrats!

That's a crazy amount of coins to sell at once. You'd only do that if you'd want the price to move to a lower floor. Doens't really seem to be working.

=P
Pages: « 1 ... 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: