Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 [5894] 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:23:46 PM

**Help Noob Please!!!**

So after receiving much needed assistance from TanteStefana2(Thanks!) on pulling up my wallet, I'm not seeing all my dash show up. I've checked my balance on the blockchain and it's all there but still not seeing the full balance.  I'm using Mac.  Anyone have this issue? Any solutions?

go to the repair options inside your wallet and press re-index wallet. This will restart your wallet with re-indexing mode.
that should make all your transactions visible again and should provide the correct balance.

My first question was going to be whether his wallet was fully synced? Often time people don't see the latest deposits but they are not synced.  Another common one is funds in a change address.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:35:04 PM

Proposal: WebEx Premium Subscription

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-webex-premium-subscription.9007/
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:13:06 PM

Reminder to all: The Dash Podcast with Daniel Diaz and Ira Miller discussing fiat gateways starts today at 4PM EST!

https://youtu.be/qzgUGU_RMGI

#DashNation #IoM

Hey Tao, can you (and anyone else quoting times) please provide them in UTC? It's really quite irking when you're involved in a world-wide community and someone writes "4PM EST". It means you have to go and find what "4PM EST" actually means (i.e. is it a regular 4PM is or is it a daylight savings 4PM and, although I know all the U.S. time zones, many people in other parts of the world don't) and then you need to convert it to your own time zone; again making sure you get the daylight savings yes/no alteration correct at your own end too. If you're doing this regularly as part of your job it's not too difficult, but many people aren't dealing in time zones from the other side of the world on a regular basis and it's then quite difficult to work it out. If you quote in UTC (or even just put the UTC in brackets) it's then far easier for all of the DASH community (wherever they are) to convert to local time.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:02:56 AM

Reminder to all: The Dash Podcast with Daniel Diaz and Ira Miller discussing fiat gateways starts today at 4PM EST!

https://youtu.be/qzgUGU_RMGI

#DashNation #IoM

Hey Tao, can you (and anyone else quoting times) please provide them in UTC? It's really quite irking when you're involved in a world-wide community and someone writes "4PM EST". It means you have to go and find what "4PM EST" actually means (i.e. is it a regular 4PM is or is it a daylight savings 4PM and, although I know all the U.S. time zones, many people in other parts of the world don't) and then you need to convert it to your own time zone; again making sure you get the daylight savings yes/no alteration correct at your own end too. If you're doing this regularly as part of your job it's not too difficult, but many people aren't dealing in time zones from the other side of the world on a regular basis and it's then quite difficult to work it out. If you quote in UTC (or even just put the UTC in brackets) it's then far easier for all of the DASH community (wherever they are) to convert to local time.

While it's not my job to do this (I'm just an enthusiast who does more than his share of promotion, I'm not getting paid  Wink ), I will take your advice into consideration. It makes sense to list times that way for a global community. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and welcome back!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:12:03 AM

Neocash Radio looks to be joining Dash Nation!

They discuss Dash toward the end of this podcast, and consider it to be "the future of currency".

http://neocashradio.com/blog/episode-157-masternodes-dash-bitcoins-dreams/

#DashNation #IoM

gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:30:10 AM

Thanks!

Hi DASH community.

I have good news. Have a look at the histogram on the left:

The vast majority of AltCoins have massively more total sell orders than buy orders, sometimes even
with a factor of 5 and more (so then the left, green column is 5 times smaller than the red column) .
I think that is one of the reasons why most of altcoin trading is so risky: The slightest panic - and a
price can fall bottomless. I guess, many coins do not care enough about creating demand; plus
-looking at the whole market- somehow their price is much too high (same example: 5 times too high).

In DASH however, the total buy orders volume is impressively larger than the total sell orders.
During the past 2 months, while developing, I often checked out several coins, to get a feeling
for our new indicator. With DASH, the situation had been ~balanced during the whole course of
these 2 months. And recently, I even see an inverted ratio - 1.65 time more total buy order volume
than total sell orders.  In short: Congrats. Your whole DASH economy seems quite healthy ;-)

Disclaimer: This is not a buy suggestion! I am just talking about one -of many- viewpoints. And myself I am only mildly invested
in DASH (unfortunately ;-) ... some old coins from long ago. I reported this mainly due to tech fascination, and because you are a
notable exception, and because I want to read your own explanations ... for what we are seeing there, in this project (click preview).

This is very encouraging thanks for the analysis

Very good information.
The analysis sould have a range from current price. It is meaningless order more than +100% high from currnet price.  

Thanks for the input. I do understand your thinking. Apart from the question: "100% or 50% or 200%? Or 400%? Or 25%? What is the perfect range?" and the huge differences in volatility which would influence that -arbitrary- threshold ... it turns out that taking the whole data (where available, that is) seems even better.

Let me motivate the summing scheme:

Imagine what a buy order means: I am locking my BTC into the order - I cannot spend it anymore for ice cream, or helicopters. Even if I hope to get DASH at a really low price - my order-locked BTC is not only showing my "price hope" - but it is also showing the absolute amount of real money that I had been willing to lock into orders.

Same for sell orders: Transfering my DASH to an exchange is risky, I give up my property in exchange for an IOU. And I declare that I want to sell them. Might be at a really high price only - but I show my willingness to sell them, not using them to buy something, or fund projects, or save for my children - but by offering them in a sell order.

And as both sides get totalled in the same way, we CAN actually compare them. Or rather: We DO compare them ;-)

My own scepticism got smashed when I did cross-comparisons of different coins. They do differ in this new WOB indicator, and they differ much. I suggest you start observing it over time, for 3 very different coins - and you might find out that it will help you to assess how "long-term realistic" the current price of a coin is, compared to our quotient of totals of the (most of the) biggest, available order books world-wide.

I am querying 30+ exchanges! With our current "bittrex bleutrade bter ccex exmo livecoin poloniex yobit" in BTC and 2 fiat currencies - am I sampling enough of your field?

Anecdote: When I tried my simple base calculation for the first time, about 1.5 years ago, and only with the orderbooks of poloniex ... I was surprised to see that LTC stayed totally OB-balanced over a very long period of time - and with varying current prices. As if the total order book volumes ("the whole market"), and the current marketprice ("the day traders") are well-coupled - at least for those "relaxed systems" with high volume, and long past - like Litecoin. (Right now, the situation of LTC looks less rosy, actually. But the better is the enemy of the good, I guess.)

Back to DASH -->

...this project (click preview).
This is very encouraging thanks for the analysis

Dash is like a bottle of coke with a mentos in it...  Grin

The pressure is building and it'll explode sooner or later. The current ride up to $50m market cap has been built on relatively low daily volumes, most trading days have seen volumes in the $100k to $250k range, compare this to the crazy $1m to $5m volumes we saw during the run up to the ATH in 2014 and you'll see what i mean...

This would suggest that demand is already far outstripping supply for Dash, even at the low daily volumes of $250k, which is less than 0.5% of current available supply based on today's market cap of $53m.

If we see even a modest uptick in daily volumes to between the $500k to $1m range then I expect Dash to rise significantly in price and smash its previous ATH.

All IMHO and as always do your own research!  Smiley

Walter

Thanks a lot. I had hoped for such explanations. And reflection in bull times is good too.

My own thoughts were that
* locking away large amounts of currency into masternodes ... is a clever form of "creating demand" for DASH.
* your much-celebrated system of "budget proposals" and "taxing" the mining ... is evolving into a vibrant ecosystem - that other coins are not able to get to as easily. Kudos.

I am interested to see which other knowledge our newbies & pros will be compiling collectively - about all of the most advanced & really successful currencies ... once our 8-steps system is complete. Read the whitepaper & medium blog if you want to. And simply start using the beta already. May it help your trading!

And thanks again for the input!

below current price  : btc sum is weighted by lower price
over current price   : btc sum is magnified by bigger price

current_price : cp

example 1)
factor( for example a=0.5)
1        0.67*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 1.5*cp
a         0.44*cp ~ 0.67*cp      1.5*cp ~2.25*cp
a*a      0.30cp ~ 0.44*cp      2.25*cp ~ 3.375*cp
add coin order number multiflied by factor, not BTC sum

example 2)
1        0.5*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 2.0*cp
a         0.25*cp ~ 0.5*cp      2*cp ~4*cp
a*a      0.125*cp ~ 0.25*cp      4*cp ~ 8*cp

this method give reasonable number for ask,bid strength.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 09:23:13 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 09:38:24 AM by altsheets

below current price  : btc sum is weighted by lower price
over current price   : btc sum is magnified by bigger price

example 1)
1        0.67*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 1.5*cp
a         0.44*cp ~ 0.67*cp      1.5*cp ~2.25*cp
a*a      0.30cp ~ 0.44*cp      2.25*cp ~ 3.375*cp

example 2)
1        0.5*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 2.0*cp
a         0.25*cp ~ 0.5*cp      2*cp ~4*cp
a*a      0.125*cp ~ 0.25*cp      4*cp ~ 8*cp

My argument that the order money is locked, regardless of the price, is not affected by that model.
Beware: Your "btc sum is magnified by bigger price" means that e.g. putting one big order at a high price would manipulate our results - and without danger for the manipulator.

But ... I see. Perhaps ... Might test in a later stage if some ideas from your model gives better predictions. But a few questions then:
The factor in example 1) is a=0.67 not a=0.5 - right?
Perhaps you can share math with me that motivates those arbitrary numbers, and stepwise cutoffs.
If you want to weigh by distance to cp - why do you use hard thresholds, and bin your intervals - not a smooth function a(p)=fn(p, cp)?
Why would you choose multiplicative interval limits (1, a, a*a, a*a*a), not e.g. additive (1, a, a+a, a+a+a)?
How would volatility enter into your model?

But better PM me - let us better not hijack this thread here for that.
Thanks a lot for your time, gusterdd. Much appreciated.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:48:10 AM

Anyone seen the new DASH fork, DNET? Focused on anonymous transactions and darknet?

Yes, I'm all in.

I sold the house, the cars and took out a loan to go all in on DNET

gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:51:52 AM

below current price  : btc sum is weighted by lower price
over current price   : btc sum is magnified by bigger price

example 1)
1        0.67*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 1.5*cp
a         0.44*cp ~ 0.67*cp      1.5*cp ~2.25*cp
a*a      0.30cp ~ 0.44*cp      2.25*cp ~ 3.375*cp

example 2)
1        0.5*cp ~ 1.0*cp        1.0*cp ~ 2.0*cp
a         0.25*cp ~ 0.5*cp      2*cp ~4*cp
a*a      0.125*cp ~ 0.25*cp      4*cp ~ 8*cp

My argument that the order money is locked, regardless of the price, is not affected by that model.
Beware: Your "btc sum is magnified by bigger price" means that e.g. putting one big order at a high price would manipulate our results - and without danger for the manipulator.

But ... I see. Perhaps ... Might test in a later stage if some ideas from your model gives better predictions. But a few questions then:
The factor in example 1) is a=0.67 not a=0.5 - right?
Perhaps you can share math with me that motivates those arbitrary numbers, and stepwise cutoffs.
If you want to weigh by distance to cp - why do you use hard thresholds, and bin your intervals - not a smooth function a(p)=fn(p, cp)?
Why would you choose multiplicative interval limits (1, a, a*a, a*a*a), not e.g. additive (1, a, a+a, a+a+a)?
How would volatility enter into your model?

But better PM me - let us better not hijack this thread here for that.
Thanks a lot for your time, gusterdd. Much appreciated.

1) The factor in example 1) is a=0.67 not a=0.5 - right?
     No,  you can choose any value to 'a',  a should be    0<a<1

2) In upper two model, you can set 'a' to 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7  for each model. Find good value to 'a'

3) If you find function to a(p)= fn(p,cp) , It's useless to make stepwise cutoff.  
    bid_strength = sum( order_number * a(p) )
    ask_strength = sum( order_number * a(p) )

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:26:50 AM

Everyone ready for testnet?  Grin

Who wants to be a testnet millionaire?
Who wants to try out Masternodes for free?  
How about rigging the voting system?
Ever wanted to be legitimately corrupt and nefarious?

Man, testnet is fun, I missed it. It's almost here. Get ready!

altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:29:24 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 11:43:33 AM by altsheets

1) yes, 'a' would have to be chosen, by a human. What I meant was your: "example 1) factor( for example a=0.5)" - but then you used a=0.67 actually.
2) I prefer a 1st model which is completely parameter-free (without "find a good value..." --> define "good"), i.e. a=1.0 everywhere.
3) Exactly, function'd be better than stepwise. Your suggestion a=fn(ordernumber) can be gamed with many small volume orders, though.

Your idea might be worthwhile testing - but your treatment of above & below is not ready (why "magnify"?); it would definitely need to include volatility (which would have to be measured reliably before) because some markets fluctuate strongly others very little - and it opens doors to manipulation, which I need to avoid. IMHO any a!=1.0 (and your a=0 outside arbitrary thresholds) only complicates the situation, without proven gain. And in other situations in science I have seen that the base model is powerful, and I extend it if there are good reasons to do so. I don't yet share your view that fictitious, unrealistic prices away from 'cp' should enter our model at all. At the moment, only the price 'cp' enters the WOB indicator, no other price of any of the orders. But the amount (BTC totals for buy, DASH totals for sell) enters, and those amounts are real value, real money ... = reality, locked-into orders.

Thanks again, a lot, gusterdd. Great, talking math ;-)

But better PM me - let us better not hijack this thread here for that. Thanks a lot for your time, gusterdd. Much appreciated.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:29:04 PM

I think that the battle for crypto-domination is a five-way struggle.

BTC: Network effect and first-mover advantage. Mainstream people who have heard of cryptocurrency have pretty much only ever heard of Bitcoin (and now Ethereum, but to a lesser extent). All prices are still quoted in BTC terms, and the vast majority of fiat enters via BTC. Network effect is a very powerful thing, as PayPal could tell you, and it is difficult to overcome. Has a huge governance problem, though. Everybody thinks the blocksize debate is just about Core vs. Classic, but it isn't. In fact, nobody wants to admit, but the Core devs have *nothing* to do with the blocksize debate. All power is in the hands of miners, who have incentives that are misaligned with the rest of the community. This is going to be a very, very big problem. The blocksize debate is only the beginning. Anybody who has read "Freakanomics" knows just how destructive misaligned incentives can be.

ETH: Innovative new technology that was not designed to be a currency, though it is presently being used as one. It's future value depends on several things, including the viability and implementation of their future POS model (to reduce emission rates drastically) and whether they choose to allow other currencies to be used to purchase "gas." Huge amount of one-time funding ($9 million in fiat after BTC depreciation, most of which was burned, and 1 million ETH endowment, which would be worth around $13 million at today's prices.) This amount of money is enough to make a HUGE splash and to bootstrap the network in an extraordinary way. After years and years of trying, they are still the only altcoin (besides LTC in Nov. 2014) to break a $1 billion market cap. Most likely a bubble, but who knows? Also loved by Microsoft, IBM, Samsung, and some other "mainstream" and deep-pocketed corporations.

XRP: Ripple is the preferred crypto solution for mainstream financial institutions/banks. I don't know much about it, but I do know that banks have an enormous amount of political power and money.

R3: The product R3 is developing is also strongly liked by banks. Whatever banks end up adoption will see an enormous boost.

Dash: Technologically superior to BTC with improved (and improving) governance model. Has significantly lower funding level (currently) than ETH, but has the advantage of monthly budget payments for the very long term (as long as there is a block reward). Positive feedback loop between Dash price and Dash development funding level. They drive each other. ETH lacks any source of recurring funding unless they get money from their corporate partners (and it's hard to see why they would, since there can be no additional token creation to compensate corporate "investors" and since corporate partners could easily fork the network rather than support it financially).

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:52:50 PM

V12.1 Testnet Launch Thread

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/v12-1-testnet-launch-thread.9014/#post-94828

Wink
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:48:41 PM

YESSSSS. I love testnet time.  Grin
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:37:45 PM

Russian "Dash news" has its own face now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjYXuBoX_zY

Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:42:45 PM

yдивитeльным , люблю eгo!
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 08:37:22 PM

I loved watching her say "Tao Of Satoshi"... Grin

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:57:39 AM

Dashpay Magazine X Node40 Giveaway: One Month Free Masternode Hosting

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/05/23/dashpay-magazine-x-node40-giveaway-one-month-free-masternode-hosting/
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:05:03 AM

woohoooo - I love testnet time!!!

Come one, come all!!!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:39:45 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 04:59:31 AM by tungfa

Testnet tools & resources

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBGEh7ijLg&list=PLiFMZOlhgsYLWcmb-MT6x7cIxb01OoJTB&index=11
(Remember to Subscribe to the Channel, we need 25 more Subscribers to rename, tx)
Pages: « 1 ... 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 [5894] 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: