Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 [5890] 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:36:39 PM

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/447/democracy-dao

How does this solve the tyranny of the majority?  This solves nothing in my opinion, though it may make a nicer and easier to use voting system.  I ask you, in the 1860's, would a popular vote have freed the slaves in America?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:14:39 PM

How does this solve the tyranny of the majority?  This solves nothing in my opinion, though it may make a nicer and easier to use voting system.  I ask you, in the 1860's, would a popular vote have freed the slaves in America?

No voting system solves the tyranny of the majority issue if the voters are bound by the outcome of votes. In crypto, unlike in the political realm, such binding is gentle because one can always choose to replace one coin/resource with another more to one's liking - there may or may not be profit/loss consequences but there is an exit path available. There is no opt-out provision in the nation-state voting model - each voting cycle guarantees that approximately half of a population will be frustrated or disappointed with the binding outcome, leading to ever-increasing festering resentments. In crypto, the safety valve takes the form of "I used to hodl X but now I hodl Y" - relatively painless by comparison, even if switching from X to Y incurs a cost.

I like DASH a lot but I'm not married to it. I don't like ETH, but it doesn't concern me that others do - I have no stake in how others choose their priorities, which is one of my favourite features about crypto-world. Choice - real choice - is a wonderful thing.       Smiley

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:18:56 PM

No voting system solves the tyranny of the majority issue if the voters are bound by the outcome of votes. In crypto, unlike in the political realm, such binding is gentle because one can always choose to replace one coin/resource with another more to one's liking - there may or may not be profit/loss consequences but there is an exit path available. There is no opt-out provision in the nation-state voting model - each voting cycle guarantees that approximately half of a population will be frustrated or disappointed with the binding outcome, leading to ever-increasing festering resentments. In crypto, the safety valve takes the form of "I used to hodl X but now I hodl Y" - relatively painless by comparison, even if switching from X to Y incurs a cost.

I like DASH a lot but I'm not married to it. I don't like ETH, but it doesn't concern me that others do - I have no stake in how others choose their priorities, which is one of my favourite features about crypto-world. Choice - real choice - is a wonderful thing.       Smiley

Agreed.  Also, Rome never fell, it simply adapted ;P  No system will ever be perfect, and it will swing to extremes.  The people get lazy, then get up in arms in cycles, with most things chugging along well enough for most to hopefully thrive.  We all simply want to expand the thrivability to all of the earth's population. Perfection / Utopia can never be because we are each different and have slightly different values, even within a single family.  My Mother loves authority, it makes her feel secure, I hate it, it makes me feel smothered.  So compromise and flexibility are the only way, not one person's view of perfection or utopia Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:21:46 PM

anybody got some eth TA links?
i wonder how this could continue ^^
the volume is almost equal to btc  Roll Eyes

im also curious what vita and the rest will do with their ethers, i mean they are committed to sell at these insane prices

Unless I've missed a big announcement, it looks like the ETH rise is because of a) TheDAO crowdsale, and b) FOMO from the rapid increase itself. "TheDAO" has collected $157 million so far in its crowdsale, with more than a week to go. The only way to invest is with ETH, so people who want to get a share of "TheDAO" are buying ETH as fast as humanly possible.

My theory is that we'll see a rapid decline as soon as the crowdsale ends, though I could be wrong.

I think "TheDAO" is going to be one of the most spectacular collapses in the history of crypto...but it will probably FOMO a lot more before that happens. It's basically a venture capital fund that invests in other Ethereum-based businesses.

P.S. It looks like there is a big rumor about Coinbase adding ETH, but I'm not seeing an official announcement yet.
There's also the theory that ETH is rising because it's being tied up increasingly in the DAO, leaving fewer ETH's to trade.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Comodore

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:29:25 PM

Anybody notice all the commotion on dash forums? Seems like we got quite a few upset individuals about the DGBB system. Trying to get a better idea of what's going on if anybody has any insights.

"Distributed Governance By Blockchain" was always a hopeless pipe dream at odds with the actual reality that Duffield 100% controls Dash.

The recursive "reinvent all the things, with moar shiny blockchains and trendy decentralizations" was never going to lead anywhere but endless frustration.

Unlike an open-ended, pay-what-you-want project funding system, Dash's centralized, inflationary budget blocks create a zero-sum outcome where the incentive structure requires successful proposals to defeat other ones in order to be funded.  That's a recipe for conflict.

Yes, only a hard fork away from Duffield, secret X11 ASIC mines, THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION, INC., and the [problematic early emission] can save this project.

That's why Dash Classic is being implemented as a Bitcoin side chain.  It will enjoy all the benefits of Dash's masternode tier and Bitcoin's POW network, without the burden of fake "DGBB" gimmicks and legacy of snake oil marketing.

I hate this kind of spam. There are many comunities of similiarly-biased people attacking dash from absolutely volatile and unfounded ground.

If any of your claims were true then they would actualy make zero sense.
If Evan was a sole investor than it would have meant that he bringed 50 milion USD of his own money into the project. Now he is at stake to bring more money into the project.

Utterly great bullshit by monero-payed shills. Probably the only useful thing of monero anonymity is to pay those shills without evidence.

Actualy what you are saying is the same as saying that bitcoin is in hands of few. In fact the money is distributed in some way, it means nothing. It is not implying anything. One adress can be owned by company that is actualy owned by many more people and the money inside is belonging to many many more people.

You guys try to attack dash via its strong aspects but with total misinterpration of incentives that are at play.

Please leave this forum and go to your guru. We are building something good here.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 04:11:10 PM

each voting cycle guarantees that approximately half of a population will be frustrated or disappointed with the binding outcome, leading to ever-increasing festering resentments. In crypto, the safety valve takes the form of "I used to hodl X but now I hodl Y"

That's a fine explanation of the winnowing consequences of an iterated zero-sum game, such as Masternode-voting-based Budget Blocks.

We're already seeing the Dash community fighting over the budget like jackals over a dead pig.

The result is an endless Dash Civil War, with (at least) two sides being relegated to Winner and Loser status in each voting cycle.  As you note, the Losers slither away to some other coin leaving a smaller number of combatants for the next budget battle.

That negative feedback loop is exactly why I'm highly skeptical of all formal crypto-democracy governance systems.  IMO only informal, dynamic structures may adequately support the invisible hand of the market (for technical reasons relating to information/incentive degradation via reification).

Decred has the best approach to solving these problems, such as requiring tickets to stake but also supporting stake pools.

Dash should have had protocol-level stake pooling long ago, so users with less than 1000 DRK don't have to depend on commercial 3rd party Masternode sharing services.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:29:24 PM

im also curious what vita and the rest will do with their ethers, i mean they are committed to sell at these insane prices

Unless I've missed a big announcement, it looks like the ETH rise is because of a) TheDAO crowdsale, and b) FOMO from the rapid increase itself. "TheDAO" has collected $157 million so far in its crowdsale, with more than a week to go. The only way to invest is with ETH, so people who want to get a share of "TheDAO" are buying ETH as fast as humanly possible.

My theory is that we'll see a rapid decline as soon as the crowdsale ends, though I could be wrong.

I think "TheDAO" is going to be one of the most spectacular collapses in the history of crypto...but it will probably FOMO a lot more before that happens. It's basically a venture capital fund that invests in other Ethereum-based businesses.

P.S. It looks like there is a big rumor about Coinbase adding ETH, but I'm not seeing an official announcement yet.
There's also the theory that ETH is rising because it's being tied up increasingly in the DAO, leaving fewer ETH's to trade.

But that's the thing...it's not tied up. TheDAO is an investment fund that will eventually release every single ETH that's given to it...

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:29:50 PM

... So compromise and flexibility are the only way, not one person's view of perfection or utopia Smiley

We seem to be on a similar wavelength, although the devil is in the details as always. For example, I don't endorse compromise if it takes the form "I'll wear a funny hat because you want me to if you wear goofy shoes because I want you to." Such compromises tend to result in growing brooding resentments and such compromises are a hallmark of contemporary society - "you can't fight city hall", "hell is other people", "shoganai" and so forth.

I am a fan of compromises of the form "I won't interfere with your life if you don't interfere with mine." The urge to meddle with other people is extremely strong in our species for some reason. I suppose it had evolutionary survival value - collective herd wisdom - I don't mean that disparagingly - it must have worked more often than not, but I try not to do it (he preached).            Wink

So far DASH lines up well with my own fantasies of what money should be - especially its non-coercive aspects. It is what it is, a huge improvement over fiat at the very least. It will become what it will become. Heckuva ride, regardless.

HinnomTX

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:44:47 PM

But that's the thing...it's not tied up. TheDAO is an investment fund that will eventually release every single ETH that's given to it...
Fair point. In the long run you're absolutely right. I mean for the moment, lots of ETH is being locked up in the DAO crowdfund. Even a refund request is supposed to take 37 days or something, right?

I think it's very interesting to see the correlated rise of ETH and DASH since The DAO crowdfund started. Maybe Mr. Market is acknowledging that DAO structures, including DASH's own, are the way to go.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:30:46 PM

He is partly right since the funds are locked-up for the next 10 days if I recall correctly, thereby reducing potential selling pressure during these 10 days.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:36:26 PM

He is partly right since the funds are locked-up for the next 10 days if I recall correctly, thereby reducing potential selling pressure during these 10 days.

Good point to both of you. Short term, the coins are locked...so is the rise only for the short-term?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:45:23 PM

Good point to both of you. Short term, the coins are locked...so is the rise only for the short-term?

Who knows, if Coinbase and/or OKcoin will really add ETH the rise is probably sustainable.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:11:29 PM

Dash Masternodes Study: Rising Crypto Bonds of the Future
by Tungfa
date : 18th of may 2016
Article written by Roman Latkovic and published by Vanbex.

https://www.dash.org/news/dash-masternodes-study-rising-crypto-bonds-of-the-future/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:34:38 PM

Volume on BTC-e seems to be picking up, they are #2 in volume today. That is really good news in my opinion as we were in need of other good exchanges besides Polo with good liquidity. Hopefully the trend continues and volume there keeps rising.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:10:17 PM

Am I the only one who see this similar pattern?

Comodore

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:11:50 PM

Volume on BTC-e seems to be picking up, they are #2 in volume today. That is really good news in my opinion as we were in need of other good exchanges besides Polo with good liquidity. Hopefully the trend continues and volume there keeps rising.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets

That's very good news.

I am not gona feed trolls. Just the monero guys are going to dash forums but it does not work the other way. There is definitely some black fund being used to pay for this multi-level type of marketing.

Look at the monetary base and incentivization. That thing look like some kind of invisible pyramide. That's the final inovation of monero.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:14:16 PM

... So compromise and flexibility are the only way, not one person's view of perfection or utopia Smiley

We seem to be on a similar wavelength, although the devil is in the details as always. For example, I don't endorse compromise if it takes the form "I'll wear a funny hat because you want me to if you wear goofy shoes because I want you to." Such compromises tend to result in growing brooding resentments and such compromises are a hallmark of contemporary society - "you can't fight city hall", "hell is other people", "shoganai" and so forth.

I am a fan of compromises of the form "I won't interfere with your life if you don't interfere with mine." The urge to meddle with other people is extremely strong in our species for some reason. I suppose it had evolutionary survival value - collective herd wisdom - I don't mean that disparagingly - it must have worked more often than not, but I try not to do it (he preached).            Wink

So far DASH lines up well with my own fantasies of what money should be - especially its non-coercive aspects. It is what it is, a huge improvement over fiat at the very least. It will become what it will become. Heckuva ride, regardless.

Yah, we're still on exactly the same wave length. Cheesy

jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:19:43 PM

It's official, ETH being added to coinbase and they are rebranding as GDAX, which stands for Global Digital Asset Exchange.  How do we get them to add DASH?

http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-exchange-rebrand-ethereum-trading/

edit: To be clear, it's just the exchange that is rebranding. Coinbase.com remains Coinbase.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
HinnomTX

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:29:05 PM

It's official, ETH being added to coinbase and they are rebranding as GDAX, which stands for Global Digital Asset Exchange.  How do we get them to add DASH?

http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-exchange-rebrand-ethereum-trading/

edit: To be clear, it's just the exchange that is rebranding. Coinbase.com remains Coinbase.
No worries. Coinbase is just starting to diversify, and ETH is the natural starting point. The Lawnmower prophecy is coming true.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4bwxa0/screenshot_from_latest_update_of_lawnmowerio/

Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:34:35 AM

Anyone have an idea of why dash has jumped up these past couple weeks?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Pages: « 1 ... 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 [5890] 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: