Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 [5893] 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:54:51 AM

Hi DASH community.

I have good news. Have a look at the histogram on the left:

The vast majority of AltCoins have massively more total sell orders than buy orders, sometimes even
with a factor of 5 and more (so then the left, green column is 5 times smaller than the red column) .
I think that is one of the reasons why most of altcoin trading is so risky: The slightest panic - and a
price can fall bottomless. I guess, many coins do not care enough about creating demand; plus
-looking at the whole market- somehow their price is much too high (same example: 5 times too high).

In DASH however, the total buy orders volume is impressively larger than the total sell orders.
During the past 2 months, while developing, I often checked out several coins, to get a feeling
for our new indicator. With DASH, the situation had been ~balanced during the whole course of
these 2 months. And recently, I even see an inverted ratio - 1.65 time more total buy order volume
than total sell orders.  In short: Congrats. Your whole DASH economy seems quite healthy ;-)

Disclaimer: This is not a buy suggestion! I am just talking about one -of many- viewpoints. And myself I am only mildly invested
in DASH (unfortunately ;-) ... some old coins from long ago. I reported this mainly due to tech fascination, and because you are a
notable exception, and because I want to read your own explanations ... for what we are seeing there, in this project (click preview).

This is very encouraging thanks for the analysis

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:53:59 AM

ETH( DAO) looks like unstable.
Small investor would have big loss in gambling with eth,dao if he would not exit more earlier than whale.
But DASH have positive feedback loop. DASH would have some impact of ETH shock.
After Eth shock, DASH would survive finally.
God bless DASH holder !

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:12:54 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 06:26:22 AM by tungfa

Study Reveals Dash Masternodes Yield 18% ROI

https://news.bitcoin.com/study-dash-masternode-18-roi/

gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:15:22 AM

Hi DASH community.

The vast majority of AltCoins have massively more total sell orders than buy orders, sometimes even
with a factor of 5 and more (so then the left, green column is 5 times smaller than the red column) .
I think that is one of the reasons why most of altcoin trading is so risky: The slightest panic - and a
price can fall bottomless. I guess, many coins do not care enough about creating demand; plus
-looking at the whole market- somehow their price is much too high (same example: 5 times too high).

In DASH however, the total buy orders volume is impressively larger than the total sell orders.
During the past 2 months, while developing, I often checked out several coins, to get a feeling
for our new indicator. With DASH, the situation had been ~balanced during the whole course of
these 2 months. And recently, I even see an inverted ratio - 1.65 time more total buy order volume
than total sell orders.  In short: Congrats. Your whole DASH economy seems quite healthy ;-)

Disclaimer: This is not a buy suggestion! I am just talking about one -of many- viewpoints. And myself I am only mildly invested
in DASH (unfortunately ;-) ... some old coins from long ago. I reported this mainly due to tech fascination, and because you are a
notable exception, and because I want to read your own explanations ... for what we are seeing there, in this project (click preview).

Very good information.
The analysis sould have a range from current price. It is meaningless order more than +100% high from currnet price.  

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:40:57 AM

Looks like not only ETH for coinbase.  LTC as well, no surprise there.

https://www.coinbase.com/litecoin?locale=en

What is next I wonder?

Really?  Does anyone actually use litecoin?  Is there a future in it?  Is anyone even upgrading the wallet to keep up with Bitcoin updates?  Just wondering???

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:54:03 AM

Study Reveals Dash Masternodes Yield 18% ROI

https://news.bitcoin.com/study-dash-masternode-18-roi/

Thats a great article and good exposure on bitcoin.com as well!
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:07:50 AM

Hi DASH community.

Dash is like a bottle of coke with a mentos in it...  Grin

The pressure is building and it'll explode sooner or later. The current ride up to $50m market cap has been built on relatively low daily volumes, most trading days have seen volumes in the $100k to $250k range, compare this to the crazy $1m to $5m volumes we saw during the run up to the ATH in 2014 and you'll see what i mean...

This would suggest that demand is already far outstripping supply for Dash, even at the low daily volumes of $250k, which is less than 0.5% of current available supply based on today's market cap of $53m.

If we see even a modest uptick in daily volumes to between the $500k to $1m range then I expect Dash to rise significantly in price and smash its previous ATH.

All IMHO and as always do your own research!  Smiley

Walter
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:31:57 PM

What is next I wonder?

This is his personal coinbase url,   anyone can create one.  He just happened to name his Litecoin.   Been available for well over a year.

There are rumors about LTC getting added to the exchange soon after ETH (not the payment processor) but nothing concrete.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:04:18 PM

What is next I wonder?

This is his personal coinbase url,   anyone can create one.  He just happened to name his Litecoin.   Been available for well over a year.

There are rumors about LTC getting added to the exchange soon after ETH (not the payment processor) but nothing concrete.

They will be adding LTC to the exchange too:

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/733531564852699136

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:17:15 PM

Anyone seen the new DASH fork, DNET? Focused on anonymous transactions and darknet?
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:44:33 PM

Anyone seen the new DASH fork, DNET? Focused on anonymous transactions and darknet?

Yes, I'm all in.
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 03:50:59 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:12:44 PM by altsheets

Thanks!

Hi DASH community.

Very good information.
The analysis sould have a range from current price. It is meaningless order more than +100% high from currnet price.  

Thanks for the input. I do understand your thinking. Apart from the question: "100% or 50% or 200%? Or 400%? Or 25%? What is the perfect range?" and the huge differences in volatility which would influence that -arbitrary- threshold ... it turns out that taking the whole data (where available, that is) seems even better.

Let me motivate the summing scheme:

Imagine what a buy order means: I am locking my BTC into the order - I cannot spend it anymore for ice cream, or helicopters. Even if I hope to get DASH at a really low price - my order-locked BTC is not only showing my "price hope" - but it is also showing the absolute amount of real money that I had been willing to lock into orders.

Same for sell orders: Transfering my DASH to an exchange is risky, I give up my property in exchange for an IOU. And I declare that I want to sell them. Might be at a really high price only - but I show my willingness to sell them, not using them to buy something, or fund projects, or save for my children - but by offering them in a sell order.

And as both sides get totalled in the same way, we CAN actually compare them. Or rather: We DO compare them ;-)

My own scepticism got smashed when I did cross-comparisons of different coins. They do differ in this new WOB indicator, and they differ much. I suggest you start observing it over time, for 3 very different coins - and you might find out that it will help you to assess how "long-term realistic" the current price of a coin is, compared to our quotient of totals of the (most of the) biggest, available order books world-wide.

I am querying 30+ exchanges! With our current "bittrex bleutrade bter ccex exmo livecoin poloniex yobit" in BTC and 2 fiat currencies - am I sampling enough of your field?

Anecdote: When I tried my simple base calculation for the first time, about 1.5 years ago, and only with the orderbooks of poloniex ... I was surprised to see that LTC stayed totally OB-balanced over a very long period of time - and with varying current prices. As if the total order book volumes ("the whole market"), and the current marketprice ("the day traders") are well-coupled - at least for those "relaxed systems" with high volume, and long past - like Litecoin. (Right now, the situation of LTC looks less rosy, actually. But the better is the enemy of the good, I guess.)

Back to DASH -->

...this project (click preview).

Dash is like a bottle of coke with a mentos in it...  Grin

The pressure is building and it'll explode sooner or later. The current ride up to $50m market cap has been built on relatively low daily volumes, most trading days have seen volumes in the $100k to $250k range, compare this to the crazy $1m to $5m volumes we saw during the run up to the ATH in 2014 and you'll see what i mean...

This would suggest that demand is already far outstripping supply for Dash, even at the low daily volumes of $250k, which is less than 0.5% of current available supply based on today's market cap of $53m.

If we see even a modest uptick in daily volumes to between the $500k to $1m range then I expect Dash to rise significantly in price and smash its previous ATH.

All IMHO and as always do your own research!  Smiley

Walter

Thanks a lot. I had hoped for such explanations. And reflection in bull times is good too.

My own thoughts were that
* locking away large amounts of currency into masternodes ... is a clever form of "creating demand" for DASH.
* your much-celebrated system of "budget proposals" and "taxing" the mining ... is evolving into a vibrant ecosystem - that other coins are not able to get to as easily. Kudos.

I am interested to see which other knowledge our newbies & pros will be compiling collectively - about all of the most advanced & really successful currencies ... once our 8-steps system is complete. Read the whitepaper & medium blog if you want to. And simply start using the beta already. May it help your trading!

And thanks again for the input!

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 04:28:40 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:50:38 PM by UdjinM6

Yes, I'm all in.
Hmm.. Code wise I see this https://github.com/dashpay/dash/compare/master...Darknet-Crypto:master i.e.:
1. PoW -> PoW/PoS, Quark algo, tweaked few chainparams
2. Replace Dash -> darknet and DASH -> DNET all over the place
3. Rebrand DS and IX to Obfuscation and SwiftTX respectively without any change to the protocol
4. there is no 4

And that's it for the "cutting edge" development of this "crytpocurrency" (that's how they call it https://github.com/Darknet-Crypto/Darknet/blob/master/README.md) since Jan 30, 2016 so far. This could be a "litecoin" to Dash but these times are gone forever imo. Or are there any insights/whitepaper/code that I'm missing?  Roll Eyes

Btw I looked through many Dash clones searching for something we could adopt but the only good idea I "stole" so far is masternodes tab for 12.1. Funny enough that though this was implemented long time ago in some fork of Dash (with a middle finger in their roadmap I believe) and copied by others, the code was actually broken so I waited for some of them to fix it so that I could safely grab it and incorporate to Dash... because I'm lazy at doing things others can do  Wink But this never happened and finally I had to rewrite/fix it myself, though visually it might look familiar.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:50:09 PM

Btw I looked through many Dash clones searching for something we could adopt but the only good idea I "stole" so far is masternodes tab for 12.1. Funny enough that though this was implemented long time ago in some fork of Dash (with a middle finger in their roadmap I believe) and copied by others, the code was actually broken so I waited for some of them to fix it so that I could safely grab it and incorporate to Dash... because I'm lazy at doing things others can do  Wink But this never happened and finally I had to rewrite/fix it myself, though visually it might look familiar.

Thanks for your work!
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 05:53:15 PM

Yes, I'm all in.
Hmm.. Code wise I see this https://github.com/dashpay/dash/compare/master...Darknet-Crypto:master i.e.:
3. Rebrand DS and IX to Obfuscation and SwiftTX respectively without any change to the protocol
4. there is no 4

And that's it for the "cutting edge" development of this "crytpocurrency" (that's how they call it https://github.com/Darknet-Crypto/Darknet/blob/master/README.md) since Jan 30, 2016 so far. This could be a "litecoin" to Dash but these times are gone forever imo. Or are there any insights/whitepaper/code that I'm missing?  Roll Eyes

Btw I looked through many Dash clones searching for socould safely grab it and incorporate to Dash... because I'm lazy at doing things others can do  Wink But this never happened and finally I had to rewrite/fix it myself, though visually it might look familiar.

Thank you for chiming in @Udjinm6, I was looking for a review of the code. It's interesting they have an active community but no hint of what their road map is, already 6 months in, beyond "anonymous transactions". I agree that's a weakness in our implementation however, as coinjoin is slow and not that user friendly. On the other hand, your analysis clinches it for me and I will not be buying any DNET, at least until their plan is made public and proved sound. I am a big fan of Warren Buffet, who believes that it is better to miss out on the occasional great opportunity than to buy into a bunch of sucker bets trying to find one.

I'm curious as to what other Dash clones their are though, this is the first one I have come across and I sort of do this for a living Cheesy. Granted I rarely pay attention to coins that don't make it past a certain stage.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 06:07:04 PM

Yes, I'm all in.
4. there is no 4

Btw I looked through many Dash clones searching for socould safely grab it and incorporate to Dash... because I'm lazy at doing things others can do  Wink But this never happened and finally I had to rewrite/fix it myself, though visually it might look familiar.

Thank you for chiming in @Udjinm6, I was looking for a review of the code. It's interesting they have an active community but no hint of what their road map is, already 6 months in, beyond "anonymous transactions". I agree that's a weakness in our implementation however, as coinjoin is slow and not that user friendly. On the other hand, your analysis clinches it for me and I will not be buying any DNET, at least until their plan is made public and proved sound. I am a big fan of Warren Buffet, who believes that it is better to miss out on the occasional great opportunity than to buy into a bunch of sucker bets trying to find one.

I'm curious as to what other Dash clones their are though, this is the first one I have come across and I sort of do this for a living Cheesy. Granted I rarely pay attention to coins that don't make it past a certain stage.

Pablo.

You are welcome Smiley
Btw the only thing I was interested there is code/ideas and found none so far. Note, I'm not saying either to buy smth or not - it still might be a good speculative asset but don't look for financial advices from me, I suck at trading  Grin

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
hashcash

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:09:06 PM

**Help Noob Please!!!**

So after receiving much needed assistance from TanteStefana2(Thanks!) on pulling up my wallet, I'm not seeing all my dash show up. I've checked my balance on the blockchain and it's all there but still not seeing the full balance.  I'm using Mac.  Anyone have this issue? Any solutions?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS   
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN   
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:08:22 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 07:39:19 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Reminder to all: The Dash Podcast with Daniel Diaz and Ira Miller discussing fiat gateways starts today at 4PM EST!

https://youtu.be/qzgUGU_RMGI

#DashNation #IoM

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:28:05 PM

**Help Noob Please!!!**

So after receiving much needed assistance from TanteStefana2(Thanks!) on pulling up my wallet, I'm not seeing all my dash show up. I've checked my balance on the blockchain and it's all there but still not seeing the full balance.  I'm using Mac.  Anyone have this issue? Any solutions?

go to the repair options inside your wallet and press re-index wallet. This will restart your wallet with re-indexing mode.
that should make all your transactions visible again and should provide the correct balance.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:08:55 PM

Pablo.

There's one called SIB.
Pages: « 1 ... 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 [5893] 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: