Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:00:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722523 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:48:37 PM

Latest view on valuation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710

Having seen some negative posts from trolls, I'm guessing the sub $5m votes are those that want the project to fail.

Interesting that the majority feel $100m+ is realistic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:50:56 PM

can we raise the price a bit?

Can I smack you in the face with a salmon ??  Grin

(f´ing credit card... not even an overdraft or anything, stupid web banking mistake....)

check out my sig, use paypal its quick easy and no need for credit card Smiley

Fucking hell fearcoka, they charge for everything under the sun!  I lost 4 dollars on 104 dollar transfer from Paypal first thing.  Then they want 4% to buy SLL, which is WAY below going rate at SecondLife, Then more charges, probably 4% to buy BTC, and another 4% to withdraw BTC!  

WARNING!  NEVER EVER USE virwox.com  I have tried many times to understand what they do and how much they charge, and they're so confusing over there.  I'm pulling out my money, at a loss of $8 for taking a leap of faith.  For this I will put them in my sig as a warning never to use them!

srsly?
Yup  4% to import from paypal, 4% to buy SLL, 4% to buy BTC, and after that, I dunno?  Probably 4% to withdraw BTC, I assume.

LOL, great, now I have to wait 48 hours!:

Note: A handling fee of 0.002 BTC per withdrawal will be charged.
Note: While most Bitcoin withdrawals are processed instantly, we manually check some of them for security reasons (for example of new accounts). They will be processed within 48 hours. You will receive an email confirmation when the withdrawal has been processed.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:53:50 PM

Latest view on valuation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710

Having seen some negative posts from trolls, I'm guessing the sub $5m votes are those that want the project to fail.

Interesting that the majority feel $100m+ is realistic

yeah dude, but... we're past 5m already! Who cares about the trolls, they only make DRK look good.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:00:29 PM

(f´ing credit card... not even an overdraft or anything, stupid web banking mistake....)

Fucking hell fearcoka, they charge for everything under the sun!  I lost 4 dollars on 104 dollar transfer from Paypal first thing.  Then they want 4% to buy SLL, which is WAY below going rate at SecondLife, Then more charges, probably 4% to buy BTC, and another 4% to withdraw BTC!  

WARNING!  NEVER EVER USE virwox.com  I have tried many times to understand what they do and how much they charge, and they're so confusing over there.  I'm pulling out my money, at a loss of $8 for taking a leap of faith.  For this I will put them in my sig as a warning never to use them!

srsly?
Yup  4% to import from paypal, 4% to buy SLL, 4% to buy BTC, and after that, I dunno?  Probably 4% to withdraw BTC, I assume.

Note: While most Bitcoin withdrawals are processed instantly, we manually check some of them for security reasons (for example of new accounts). They will be processed within 48 hours. You will receive an email confirmation when the withdrawal has been processed.

Dude im sorry man. Ive bene using them for 2 years now so my account has no fees im assuming. Didnt think it was that bad, ill send a message telling them its not welcoming with that many fees.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:18:36 PM

Nope, they don't need to communicate. The masternode with the money just needs to sign a message with it. That node broadcasts it to the whole network. After than the secondary masternode is good to go.

Could you disconnect the masternode with the money from the network and even send it to cold storage once the secondary masternode is in the network?

that's the whole point of it Cheesy

Yeah, I basically wanted an official confirmation Tongue
philipmicklon

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:33:06 PM

I don't get how the 2 machine masternode setup is more secure. If someone can break into either, your setup is toast. And the wallet's security is independent of the machines hosting it -- it relies on the strength of your password & the encryption algorithm. I can't see how the 2 machine configuration helps at all.

Because your master node IP is static, broadcast to the network, and an attacker knows 1000 DRK is on it. Your local machine IP is not listed on the master node list with the 2 machine setup and there are no coins on the server that's running the master node. Double win.

If we could get a port of Armory for Darkcoin you could theoretically do all this with the coins in cold storage. Triple win.

Masternode has to communicate with the node holding the coins, to verify the 1000 DRK are there. So if the masternode can do that, so can an attacker who has compromised the masternode. From there, they just need to break into the secondary node holding the wallet, which will presumably have no better security than the one they already broke into.

I very much doubt the remote master node knows the private keys, because as you have pointed out, it would be of no advantage.

The way I'm thinking about this is that an attacker follows this path:

Get static IP of masternode --> compromise masternode --> figure out IP of secondary node by [magic] --> compromise secondary node

The [magic] part I'm assuming must be possible because the masternode must at some point communicate with the secondary node. But maybe there's some reason why this is infeasible?

Nope, they don't need to communicate. The masternode with the money just needs to sign a message with it. That node broadcasts it to the whole network. After than the secondary masternode is good to go.

Could you disconnect the masternode with the money from the network and even send it to cold storage once the secondary masternode is in the network?
you could disconnect it from the network but you couldn't send the money to cold storage.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:34:55 PM

More cyptsy trouble... Sent BTC in, got kicked out as soon as I did, can't login anymore.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

BigVern ‏@cryptsy 12m

We've modified some proxy hardware, if you are having trouble logging into the site, then clear cookies from http://cryptsy.com
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:38:26 PM

BigVern ‏@cryptsy 12m

We've modified some proxy hardware, if you are having trouble logging into the site, then clear cookies from http://cryptsy.com

That did it, thanks!

Maybe a less ambiguous error message could lead me to doing such thing on my own... ;-)

Downside is now that I'm logged int, the BTC I sent doesn't show... 7 confirmations... Nothing in my account. Not even a pending notice...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:41:42 PM

Please let's calm down. Bitcoin didn't go up overnight. Warren Buffett didn't make his billions overnight. Darkcoin won't go to BTC parity overnight. But I think it could make a serious play on BTC in the coming months.

Instead of running commentary on the short term swings in price, let's get to work on developing the community and promoting the benefits of anonymous transactions. Not many people know about DRK. Let's get to work people. That's how we'll change the fortunes of DRK supporters/investors.

I'm editing/rewriting the Darkcoin website copy. I plan to have something to show by the end of the week. I also recently wrote that media release and I plan to write more releases as DRK develops. Other people are putting in some good work.

What's everyone else doing?

Cool story.

Guy, you are not a hero... everyone can make a website and call the media ect,ect. Just.... you wanna do it then you do it, everybody has a work to do in this world.

I don't understand why you come here playing the hero and blaming the people for nothing lol.

I wrote this before going to sleep last night so perhaps it wasn't the most elegant post. I only blurted out the modest amount of work I've put in because I anticipated the response could be "Great but what are you doing?"  I wanted to remind everyone that the job isn't done and it would be beneficial to try to grow the community and awareness. Maybe I'm not the best motivator but at least I'm not on here attacking people bro

I genuinely want to hear what people are working on and find out if I can help in any way.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

"If we can get listed on some directories and get a bit of awareness we would be willing to start accepting this coin. Let us know."

We also need to start a directory of merchants. Where would be the best place to do that? Darkcointalk.org?

Awesome the direction this is taking.

I would say darkcointalk.org is not the right place for the directory, maybe initially is fine, but at some point as an independent site would be more powerful.
ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:51:32 PM

bought 4btc drk at 500   Huh Huh I;m the worst trader  Cry

I sold some of my dark at something like 24 or so, bought it back at 51, lost half of 'em!  I think I deserve the crown.

On the other hand, I'm glad what I have is back in dark, and I won't screw up like that again.  Don't be too concerned, seriously, I'm certain it will be going up so much higher, it won't matter.

Damn, so sorry to hear that TS.

Oh, just sharing, it was my "extra" darks.  I still have my two masternodes, and won't risk those!  I'm currently thinking of depositing cash into coinbase again, but since I have no visa card, I have to wait 4 business days (more like 5+ with those guys) before I can buy any dark, and by then... ugh, who knows where drk will be?

I hear ya, the exchange I used for fiat to btc took 6 freaking days. Had they done it in 5 like they say they will, I would currently be holding 3 to 4 times as many dark as I have.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

Nope, both need to be online. At least for now.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

I'm still not understanding the need for the 1000DRK if it isn't getting mixed. Nothing more than a PoS?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:54:46 PM

srsly?

Dude im sorry man. Ive bene using them for 2 years now so my account has no fees im assuming. Didnt think it was that bad, ill send a message telling them its not welcoming with that many fees.

Not angry with you, so no worries, just irritated that I fell for them and that they were that greedy  Angry

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:56:15 PM

More cyptsy trouble... Sent BTC in, got kicked out as soon as I did, can't login anymore.

Been happening to me a lot these past few days as well.  'Fact I cant log in now either Tongue

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:59:56 PM

After starting the master node I stopped my local machine's client and the server's master node is still running.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:03:37 PM

I'm still not understanding the need for the 1000DRK if it isn't getting mixed. Nothing more than a PoS?

It's there as a deterrent.  If anyone could put up as many masternodes as they like, then someone could simply put up more than 50%  of them, and then they'd be in position to record what is going on, and thereby see where coins are going from where.  With the cost of masternodes, it is expensive to build more than 50% of the network, and as the price of darkcoin goes up, it becomes ridiculously expensive.  We only need so many masternodes to secure the decentralized network, after that, more masternodes are a drag on the system, so we hope for a balance.

So yes, it's effectively a type of POS while also providing work.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:08:37 PM

Ok, I have verified it works.

Start darkcoind on remote machine.
On your local machine specify the IP at launch with -masternodeaddr=YOUR_SERVER_IP
Unlock your local machine wallet with your passphrase.
On your local machine, ./darkcoind masternode start

Slickness indeed.

So you have to keep it running on another machine, presumably your home machine, with the wallet unlocked?  

You don't have to keep your local machine's wallet unlocked permanently, or even open. Once the remote machine master node starts you can close the local machine's wallet and hide it away for safe keeping.

Ok, and nobody can sell those coins, or withdraw?  They system will know?

It's no different than them just sitting there in your open qt wallet. If you have an encrypted Darkcoin wallet it must be unencrypted for a short time while you are starting the master node. All coins remain on the local machine's wallet and do not move. Your local machine has to get the private keys, sign a message with them, send it to the server, and then have the server broadcast it proving you own them in order to start a masternode, which is why it must be unencrypted (btw I'm guessing that's what he's doing). If Evan didn't do this, a single 1000 DRK wallet could be copied to infinite machines to run master nodes.

I'd love for Evan to set this up so once the machine that doesn't hold the wallet gets verified we could shut down the wallet machine and have the code check the block chain to see if the coins have moved from that account. It would be great to have your wallet in cold storage and still be running a master.
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:10:44 PM

"If we can get listed on some directories and get a bit of awareness we would be willing to start accepting this coin. Let us know."

We also need to start a directory of merchants. Where would be the best place to do that? Darkcointalk.org?

Awesome the direction this is taking.

I would say darkcointalk.org is not the right place for the directory, maybe initially is fine, but at some point as an independent site would be more powerful.

Great work Minotaur. I agree - probably the future Darkcoin website would be the best place but for the sake of speed it couldn't hurt to create it on Darkcointalk.org now.
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: