Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:23:14 PM

Is changing a masternode IP accepted as a valid workaround for infrequent payments? Or is it more of a troubleshooting "can't hurt to try" sort of thing?
I can only tell you that, like some others around here, I had a 'bad luck' masternode (2 payments in 17 days) and re-built it with new everything (new IP, new address '0', new masternode privkey) and so far it's paying out much better now (2 payments in 2 days). Definitely worth a shot IMO.

same here
radical differences after rebuilding from scratch

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Hi Drkerz Smiley

My first post here.
As experienced creative director in graphic design agency and DRK miner/investor I think can help you guys to polish awesome GUI for new wallet.
Something that I saw at first sight and think isn't good is difference between arrows on upper banner (send and receive) which are horizontal, but in "recent transaction" they are up and down. I'm sure no one "computer guy" would make mistake what is all about, but potentially can confuse ordinary future users which we all target to use it. Simply I thing simplicity must override design sometimes and design should be much more consistent with similar direction and similar design arrows.
And one more thing please: "Actual balance" and "pending" is good to be easy compared and collected which mean they must be over/under with close decimal points and why now same font size only color difference.
If someone is interested of what I'm talkin about please mail me to discuss some other minor stuff about GUI or even concepts.

best regards!

And, I know it's supposed to be a 2-color design, but what if outgoing transfers would be red and incoming green, easier to differentiate them just with one look?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:44:22 PM

Their anon is working atm through exchanges, the PoSA release is in the next few days AFAIK. That's the real game changer.

Is it just me or are people throwing around the term "game changer" far too liberally these days?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:50:40 PM

Their anon is working atm through exchanges, the PoSA release is in the next few days AFAIK. That's the real game changer.

Is it just me or are people throwing around the term "game changer" far too liberally these days?

I guess its means "I dumped DRK when I should have HODL"
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:51:57 PM

That's the real game changer.
At least it isn't shifting my paradigms so hard and fast anymore... I can't afford any more detached retinas...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:52:43 PM

And, I know it's supposed to be a 2-color design, but what if outgoing transfers would be red and incoming green, easier to differentiate them just with one look?

It would be much better to change the arrows to + and - for balance increases and decreases and you do not have to kill the color design!
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:54:57 PM

I guess its means "I dumped DRK when I should have HODL"
These guys crack me up. No patience, so they dump for shitcoins. The only legitimate anon coins other than Dark use CN technology. However, IMO the downsides outweigh the resultant (and marginal) anonymity improvement.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:57:48 PM

Guys i am at work now. Can someone write to ipominer and help him with updating the stratum. He has isues i dont know how yo answer from my smartfone syage Smiley
He had a multipool >2GHash
yhnx

Btw. Ditected him to chaeplin but he is sleeping now Smiley
edit: wabted to write El President. Don't want to get on coins101's ignore list Wink Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:59:36 PM

well, i read what deepweb wrote, and basically its the same way darkcoin works, so far i have not seen the specific need for a larger amount in those nodes, so im guessing it would be easier doing an attack on the system by running alot of nodes

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:02:38 PM

Guys i am at work now. Can someone write to ipominer and help him with updating the stratum. He has isues i dont know how yo answer from my smartfone syage Smiley
yhnx

he can pm me, or go to freenode #darkcoin

then ill try to help

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:03:37 PM

well, i read what deepweb wrote, and basically its the same way darkcoin works, so far i have not seen the specific need for a larger amount in those nodes, so im guessing it would be easier doing an attack on the system by running alot of nodes
Seems to me it just makes it easier to run Sybil attacks.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

It would be much better to change the arrows to + and - for balance increases and decreases and you do not have to kill the color design!
Agreed. The subtlety is good, but the up/down doesn't tell me anything considering the left/right nature in the top bar... Since it's a number, +/- makes more sense. Numbers do not technically go up or down, they get bigger and smaller. A graph describing numbers might go up or down, but this is not a graph...

Change to +/-, immediately understandable.

It looks damn sexy and I want to hire you to un-suck my websites.

A little detail, but... Coinbase shows your BTC ballance to 2 decimal places, but upon mouseover, shows 4. They also round up on that shortened version, which really messes with you when making a withdrawal.

I'd like to see it show show 3 places (matching the mix depth), mouseover to full duffs. Do not round up. Simply show a + or something to let the user know there's a dangly bit of duffs hanging off there. Or, have 4/8 decimal depth be the defult, and the actual values of how deep it goes can be customized. Way easy to do this and it adds another touch to that which is already fucking classy.

I would also swap the version label to the left side, mirror the white area that shows the balance so that it appears underneath the stack of numbers. You expect to see the total at the bottom of a stack of numbers... Not on the opposite side. Keeps it more appropriately segregated.

Damn beautiful though. I want it...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:08:50 PM

Agreed. With that color scheme, changing to red and green for outgoing and incoming would look bad.
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

yhnx

edit: wabted to write El President. Don't want to get on coins101's ignore list Wink Wink

I have sent link Grin
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/blob/master/stratum-masternode-changes.txt

and this

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/commit/1aa9317eb1612e290d9dad232744a1cda844471a
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

Agreed. The subtlety is good, but the up/down doesn't tell me anything considering the left/right nature in the top bar... Since it's a number, +/- makes more sense. Numbers do not technically go up or down, they get bigger and smaller. A graph describing numbers might go up or down, but this is not a graph...

A little detail, but... Coinbase shows your BTC ballance to 2 decimal places, but upon mouseover, shows 4. They also round up on that shortened version, which really messes with you when making a withdrawal.

I'd like to see it show show 3 places (matching the mix depth), mouseover to full duffs. Do not round up. Simply show a + or something to let the user know there's a dangly bit of duffs hanging off there. Or, have 4/8 decimal depth be the defult, and the actual values of how deep it goes can be customized. Way easy to do this and it adds another touch to that which is already fucking classy.

I would also swap the version label to the left side, mirror the white area that shows the balance so that it appears underneath the stack of numbers. You expect to see the total at the bottom of a stack of numbers... Not on the opposite side. Keeps it more appropriately segregated.

Yep, good point with less decimal places and details will be shown on mouseover - that would make it look even nicer & clearer
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:22:38 PM

Arbitrage, anyone ?  Grin

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:24:45 PM

Yep, good point with less decimal places and details will be shown on mouseover - that would make it look even nicer & clearer
Also, do we really need to specify that the numbers are in DRK? I don't see a reason to denote that in any context other than showing a non DRK value. For example, if you've selected your "base" currency as $, you don't need to say USD, either. You just add the $ to the displayed string... Also, calling it "Base" currency on the menu isn't intuitive. Some other word than that suggests valuation method.

All of my suggestions are very minor, and even if nothing I say is integrated, it's still awesome.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

yhnx

I have sent link Grin
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/blob/master/stratum-masternode-changes.txt

and this

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/commit/1aa9317eb1612e290d9dad232744a1cda844471a
thnx lol was 1000% sure you are sleeping. Rest sometimes.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:26:55 PM

Hey Guys, thank you for all the comments, don’t worry about the current samples any more they served their purpose and we gathered an enormous amount of very useful feedback.  We are working on new mock-ups that consider all of your recommendations, they should be ready soon.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:29:16 PM

I hate to be the guy that says this, but Blownero and Neuterinon are spiking even harder. I look at valuation only as a symptom of progress/innovation, so, did those guys do something interesting? Or is it just the general uptrend of everything today?

Just wondering... I don't want to dig through their threads... Lazy/have shit to do...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: