Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 [2271] 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:34:17 PM

MNs will show up on the blockchain many orders of magnitude more often than non-MN clients. It's a blockchain-based form of traffic analysis. We can tell the difference between clients and MNs by this alone and it's REALLY obvious.

Not necessarily. When RC4 hits, there's going to be a frenzy of MN activity as everyone's balances get randomly denominated. After that, my gut instinct is that with increased actual use, the MN tx's aren't going to stand out at all amongst 'real' transactions.

They're still going to be fundamentally different TX types: denominating transactions, versus combining (multiple inputs) transactions. The point is it doesn't matter.

As I mentioned above, if you have, say, 27.000 DRK (27 DRK exactly, comma users), and you denominate it into whatever, and if you later recombine all your denominated addresses (via multiple input) to send 27 DRK to someone else (or even yourself), there exists a *suggestive* link between the original denomination TX and the new sending TX. It's not mathematical proof or anything, though.
You've latched onto a trivialized case of Darksend+. The laundered amount and the transaction amount do not normally match! The only way they would match is if you laundered your wallet of 27 DRK and then emptied all the denominated addresses totally to a new address to pay for something costing 27 DRK. That's not how it will work in practical terms. You'll launder 27 coins and then send 12 of them to pay for something that costs 12 DRK. Now there's no suggestive link between laundering and transaction amount. These events also occur at different points in time (and for the laundering part, you can mix your coins 2 to 8 times over).

Please don't think *I'm* latching on to that! Tongue This is all in response to Camo's thought's/questions (just so we're all on the same page).
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Just one point about this: sending your *full* balance anonymously has always been a problem (unless your full balance happens to be a denomination size (good luck)). It's not a problem that is easy to fix in a transparent blockchain model. I'm not sure it even can be fixed, but would love to read a solution to it. Smiley
I have a solution. Don't do that. Smiley
The QT client can warn the user that to send the full balance, the transaction should be broken into multiple transactions. It may even be able to space out transactions for you over multiple blocks. That would be a nice feature actually!

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:36:29 PM

MNs will show up on the blockchain many orders of magnitude more often than non-MN clients. It's a blockchain-based form of traffic analysis. We can tell the difference between clients and MNs by this alone and it's REALLY obvious.

Not necessarily. When RC4 hits, there's going to be a frenzy of MN activity as everyone's balances get randomly denominated. After that, my gut instinct is that with increased actual use, the MN tx's aren't going to stand out at all amongst 'real' transactions.

They're still going to be fundamentally different TX types: denominating transactions, versus combining (multiple inputs) transactions. The point is it doesn't matter.

As I mentioned above, if you have, say, 27.000 DRK (27 DRK exactly, comma users), and you denominate it into whatever, and if you later recombine all your denominated addresses (via multiple input) to send 27 DRK to someone else (or even yourself), there exists a *suggestive* link between the original denomination TX and the new sending TX. It's not mathematical proof or anything, though.
You've latched onto a trivialized case of Darksend+. The laundered amount and the transaction amount do not normally match! The only way they would match is if you laundered your wallet of 27 DRK and then emptied all the denominated addresses totally to a new address to pay for something costing 27 DRK. That's not how it will work in practical terms. You'll launder 27 coins and then send 12 of them to pay for something that costs 12 DRK. Now there's no suggestive link between laundering and transaction amount. These events also occur at different points in time (and for the laundering part, you can mix your coins 2 to 8 times over).

Exactly! It is beautiful!
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

Please don't think *I'm* latching on to that! Tongue This is all in response to Camo's thought's/questions (just so we're all on the same page).
Fair enough. Smiley

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

They don't happen at random intervals. They happen all at once.

But they don't happen all at once; mixing occurs over more than one round, and inputs don't all occur at round 1. Your inputs might begin at round 1 (in the graphic), while Joe's inputs might start at 2, and Sally's at 3, and so forth.
Ah, you make my point for me!

Joe's start at 2. Pre-denominated as 1+1+5+10+10. Also, Joe is not a MN and it's obvious. He's actually sending something, so all that scattering of sigs can pretty much be ignored. Where the hell did he send it? We don't know yet. We wait. Or, if we're "investigating" we look forward on the old blockchain... To the block/tx where we see 1+1+5+10+10 assigned to something. Joe sent 27DRK to Somebody. If there was a sale on Silk Road 2.0 for 27DRK, we now "know" (government version of knowing something) that Joe is SR 2.0, or is a vendor on SR 2.0. We just keep watching that 27DRK... It arrives at an exchange! We get a subpoena! Exchange gives up the info. Aw, Joe was smart and registered with a tormail email address and used no real information. But, he did use someone else's real info to make it look good. In fact, Joe was really smart, and used someone's info that lives 1500 miles away, to whom he has no connection of any kind, and he looked up that address via TOR as well. So, this innocent person gets a knock on their door... They are very badly inconvenienced, but in the end, nothing happens, it's a dead end. Now the investigators are grumpy for being mad a fool of... The subpoenaed information does include something useful; Joe traded that DRK for BTC! Since the price is volatile, it is easy to find the exchange rate correlation, and BTC is way easier to trace. He sent it to CoinBase! Somebody is Joe's Self! Another subpoena. Joe now has a cellmate who thinks he's sexy...

What happened to Sally? She doesn't have anything to do with SR 2.0. She can barely install the Windows DRK client, much less wrap her head around TOR or ever use it... But for all we know Joe used Sally's address on that crypto-exchange, and she got her life all messed up by these jerks anyway. Maybe the mere accusation and days missed from work resulted in her getting fired in her right-to-work State? Do the guvthugs give a shit? No. Is there any recourse? No. She's fucked and she never did anything wrong.

Maybe the correlations didn't lead to any of the right people. Then a mess of completely innocent people got strung up even if they didn't go to prison... The government does not give one flying fuck about the difference between correlation and causation when it comes to fucking yo up just because they can and they get off on that shit. "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride." Even if the Chiefs don't convict you, the Indians will make you suffer just because they are sadistic fucks who get off on it, and DRK gave them the excuse... DRK's protection is insufficient to guard against this.

Me? I decided to tumble on bitcoinfog. I was smart and I only pulled a random fraction out of the tumbler. I won't make another withdrawal from said tumbler until I first make a deposit. I always randomize my withdrawal quantities and timing. The quantities never add up. I always leave some change on the tumbler. And not just dust. Often large chunks. Sure, I had to trust them. But I've been using them for half a decade and they've never screwed me. Nothing wrong with trust. Even if bitcoinfog is run by the guv itself, nothing adds up because I also made my deposits and preceding withdrawals using the same principles. What guvthugs? Because my input timing was random and did not correlate, I was MORE secure using BTC than I was with DRK! Nobody has any fucking clue what happened because the ins and outs don't match, and none of it happened in any concerted timing. I left some coin hanging in multiple places, and it'll sit there getting mixed really good on shared wallets with zero taint as I wait for more sales to accumulate, and I'll scramble it all up again... The only one who doesn't get fucked, is the one guy that actually broke the law!

(I do not perform any illegal activities, it's just a qualified example)

So, the overall quantity can be correlated by sig. It's as if entry-point sends aren't denominated at all, even if they are. It still correlates.

As demonstrated, it still correlates and under the wrong government (which already exists pretty much everywhere) it can still fuck the innocent.

Hell, you don't even need the sig, that just helps. Since the MNs don't actually mix, they're essentially nullified from an anon standpoint simply because what goes in must come out, and it does so in a predictable and measurable manner.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:42:46 PM

Just one point about this: sending your *full* balance anonymously has always been a problem (unless your full balance happens to be a denomination size (good luck)). It's not a problem that is easy to fix in a transparent blockchain model. I'm not sure it even can be fixed, but would love to read a solution to it. Smiley
I have a solution. Don't do that. Smiley
The QT client can warn the user that to send the full balance, the transaction should be broken into multiple transactions. It may even be able to space out transactions for you over multiple blocks. That would be a nice feature actually!

It's not a problem anyway. Say you send your entire balance, and it's the only transaction in that block. An observer sees some randomly denominated amounts pass between multiple random addresses. What meaningful information can be gleaned from that? Bugger all, I contend.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:44:53 PM

I dont think I 've ever mentioned this, but my favourite fruit is the banana.

Both the taste, texture and the sound... banana! Its lovely!! banana banana banana... try it!!

(no funny sexual jokes please)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:47:35 PM

Your thinking in 2D, you need to think in 3D

the amounts being laundered are mixed with 10, 50 maybe 100 or even 1000 wallets, now if all goes through 8 mn, i would say i are going to have a real challenge to figure out what goes where. the beauty of private key vs public key is, you cannot figure out the private key by looking at the public key, and therefor you cannot point a given address to a specific person.

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:48:05 PM

Why 2 hops is minimum ?
Why 'any unmixed' term is used ?

Might be denomination + coinjoin is processed by two Masternodes.

ref : https://i.imgur.com/2ScgLQl.jpg
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:48:45 PM

Both the taste, texture and the sound... banana! Its lovely!! banana banana banana... try it!!

I prefer to pronounce it "Banaynay." It makes people look at me funny. I like it when people look at me funny.

It's the only fruit I like... We totally have something in common! It's almost like we're the same person! [hugs]

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:51:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l924olE7ZJU

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

I prefer to pronounce it "Banaynay." It makes people look at me funny. I like it when people look at me funny.

It's the only fruit I like...

Bananas aint got shit on apples, and apples aint got shit on Mangos. Although Mango skin contains the same compound that's in poison ivy, which is not so fun.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:52:52 PM

the amounts being laundered are mixed with 10, 50 maybe 100 or even 1000 wallets, now if all goes through 8 mn, i would say i are going to have a real challenge to figure out what goes where. the beauty of private key vs public key is, you cannot figure out the private key by looking at the public key, and therefor you cannot point a given address to a specific person.
So, it boils down to denomination method coupled with volume, if there ever is that much...

I think I saw mempool get up to 12 once...

Even if a pubkey can't be used to make a privkey (the foundation of keypair encryption, so we presume it hasn't exploded yet), the sigs can still be verified as being related to the same privkey, even if we don't know the privkey.

Isn't that the whole point of signing? So that the action or message can be certified as coming from the correct source? This, all pubkeys and signatures can be correlated tot he same privkey, even if we don't know what it is.

We can still say "The same key did all this." I think PGP would be in a very sad state if that were not true... Not to mention all cryptocurrencies would be completely fucked... Thus, denominated sends still correlate to their aggregate value even if there are 1000 denomianted TXes all on the same block. We just wait for the same thing to happen on the exit end... A sent X to B.

The MNs aren't actually mixing TXes, they're just signing.. Which makes me wonder; why even bother? So it's a fog... It's a fog that we can easilly identify that which goes in and out of said fog... So, uh, it's functionally like there is no fog. Say I walk into the fog, then I come out. Did I become a different person? Even if I change my short while in the fog, you can still tell by other traits that it's me...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:57:45 PM

Bananas aint got shit on apples, and apples aint got shit on Mangos. Although Mango skin contains the same compound that's in poison ivy, which is not so fun.

Apples are okay, but I'm always getting pieces of the skin caught in my teeth. I'm partial to Kiwifruit and pears.

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:59:57 PM

Apples are okay, but I'm always getting pieces of the skin caught in my teeth. I'm partial to Kiwifruit and pears.

Drkberries
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:01:09 PM

I think Camo's scenario is only an issue if everyone is using the exact same mixing depth.  Differences in user-selected mixing depth create more or less randomized exit points, no?  With volume, I'm not sure how you can provably link a sum entering the anon phase with a sum exiting.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

I think Camo's scenario is only an issue if everyone is using the exact same mixing depth.  Differences in user-selected mixing depth create more or less randomized exit points, no?
Not really...

I'm demonstrating that mixing depth is irrelevant. If you see X go in and X come out, then the fog is irrelevant no matter how foggy it is or how long X stays in said fog...

Why? Because the mix is not actually mixing anything. We can tell the difference between TX and SIG. I'm trying to understand how MNs actually do any anon in their current form...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:03:54 PM

Anyone got Kristov's drk address for donations?
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:05:33 PM

+1 ;-0

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:10:19 PM

I also wanted point out this little tidbit:
Quote from: The Duffinator
Development on RC4 is nearing an end and we expect that we’ll be firing up testnet in the coming week. Depending on what we find, testing and QA should take 2 to 4 weeks.
Trolls will undoubtedly try to leverage this potential way-past-end-of-july news...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 [2271] 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: