Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722510 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:44:44 PM

No FUD anymore because the fudsters have all bought back in.  Smiley

(Or are trying to)

So no fud and the price still goes down.  You're prediction of .08 is about to be realized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:49:11 PM

After troll trolling, shojayxklt invented the parasite, just parasiting.
This thread is his home...
You don't want to parasitize other thread? Architectcoin for example? F.cking retarded.

I'll let someone else decipher your jibberish.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:52:16 PM

I've figured out who shojayxt is..

DRK is obviously

Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:58:45 PM

Leave the marketing to the professionals, I say.

Leave the marketing to bitcoin, then just say, "Like bitcoin, but private."  Tongue
The problem is on the surface a lot of people don't realize just how big of a deal this actually is. (Transaction privacy)

Now if someone were to publically start mining the blockchain and map payments to companies and aggregate them together based on likely related addresses, and then scour the web for all mentions of bitcoin addresses to link individuals, whether it be a pseudonym or actual identity to an address block... Well then maybe some of the ardent anti-altcoin bitcoiners would come around.

Are you suggesting, perhaps, a crowdsourced Bitcoin Directory? Heh, might get some attention.

This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.

A simple page where you post a Bitcoin address that automagically links to an IP address, then searches the web for any trace of that IP address. (irc logs, what not) Brilliant!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:59:49 PM

Leave the marketing to bitcoin, then just say, "Like bitcoin, but private."  Tongue
The problem is on the surface a lot of people don't realize just how big of a deal this actually is. (Transaction privacy)

Now if someone were to publically start mining the blockchain and map payments to companies and aggregate them together based on likely related addresses, and then scour the web for all mentions of bitcoin addresses to link individuals, whether it be a pseudonym or actual identity to an address block... Well then maybe some of the ardent anti-altcoin bitcoiners would come around.

Are you suggesting, perhaps, a crowdsourced Bitcoin Directory? Heh, might get some attention.

Would donate. I mean this is already being done privately. This would kill 2 birds with one stone - kill greedy privacy invading companies revenue and get people who think they have "nothing to hide" to think twice.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

A question was asked 2 pages ago, and wasn't answered.  Why can't we keep DarkSend closed source?

When the code is open sourced and everyone can see exactly what is in the code.  No cheating can be done (like hidden blocks to pay out to an address every X blocks, or some such)  This makes it trustworthy.

So why is it closed sourced right now?

Just one look at our recent past shows what chaos would have transpired had a bunch of alt coins implemented DarkSend half assed.  Evan knew exactly what was happening and could make quick decisions as to how long to let the forks try to resolve, and when and how to quickly shut it down.  It seemed like chaos, but really, it was quite controlled and I don't believe anyone was majorly inconvenienced. 

Had a bunch of alts been running the unproven software, they would have fallen apart and blamed Darkcoin.  Keeping it closed source until it is completed was the wisest choice Evan made on this entire project.  But when it's completed and proven to work, it has to be open sourced or it will never be adopted as the main anonymity solution to crypto currency.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:00:52 PM

This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.

A simple page where you post a Bitcoin address that automagically links to an IP address, then searches the web for any trace of that IP address. (irc logs, what not) Brilliant!

This stuff is coming. More reason to hodl drk

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Would donate. I mean this is already being done privately. This would kill 2 birds with one stone - kill greedy privacy invading companies revenue and get people who think they have "nothing to hide" to think twice.
www.bitsleuth.com - "why smart people use Darkcoin!" Wink

Such a site would generate revenue, that's for sure...

edit: would not donate, but would invest a little for a slice of the pie.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:06:37 PM

Whales pushed the price slowly down to 0.009

I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion.

I only see 2 big volume spikes - June 21st when the RC3 fork issues appeared and then a smaller one around July 3rd which pushed it from 14 to around 11/12. Other than that the price has drifted on very low volume. I couldn't remotely describe it as "whale manipulation". Looks more like lots of tiny trades of sub 100 DRK - probably for all kinds of reasons.

Remember this: what we know as "price" is only the price of the last trade. We tend to make the mistake of projecting this onto the entire coin supply as if the entire coin supply was being traded at that price (that's what "market cap" is). But you try and buy 80 BTC's worth of DRK just now - that's just over one tenth of 1 percent of the coin supply. You can't have it - it's not available on any market. (Obviously if you put the work out you might get a taker, buy I'm making a philosophical point here).

If I decide to sell my mate 1 DRK at a price of 0.005 and that's the "official" last trade, then I've revalued the entire DRK market cap based on just a transaction of that 1 DRK. That's what's going on at the moment - low volume trading which has some significance but very limited relevance to the long term prospects. 98% of DRKs are being held and not traded.

Good analysis.

I would like to point out that "98% of DRKs are being held and not traded" is likely due to a large percentage of those coins being acquired at higher prices and those holders are unlikely to sell at a significant loss and do not need to sell at this time.  As the price ticks up you will see people selling at their break even point and exiting the market after holding longer than they wanted without making any profit.  Right now the market is controlled by daytraders and not long term holders.
centurion76

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

- PLUG -

https://darkbids.com/

- PLUG -

Thanks for the plug Smiley

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:11:02 PM

Oh christ... have you no life?
fernando

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:14:20 PM

A question was asked 2 pages ago, and wasn't answered.  Why can't we keep DarkSend closed source?

When the code is open sourced and everyone can see exactly what is in the code.  No cheating can be done (like hidden blocks to pay out to an address every X blocks, or some such)  This makes it trustworthy.

Just one look at our recent past shows what chaos would have transpired had a bunch of alt coins implemented DarkSend half assed.  Evan knew exactly what was happening and could make quick decisions as to how long to let the forks try to resolve, and when and how to quickly shut it down.  It seemed like chaos, but really, it was quite controlled and I don't believe anyone was majorly inconvenienced. 

Had a bunch of alts been running the unproven software, they would have fallen apart and blamed Darkcoin.  Keeping it closed source until it is completed was the wisest choice Evan made on this entire project.  But when it's completed and proven to work, it has to be open sourced or it will never be adopted as the main anonymity solution to crypto currency.

That's the best explanation I've read on that Smiley

I guess the other user was worried about other coins copying Darkcoin. To that I say, we shall not worry. Code is not like a song you can download and use forever. Code needs maintenance and only proper devs can do it. We have them, most other coins don't. Also, networks effects are huge and we already have a size that makes it difficult to compete with us for all the other anonymity based cryptos.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:17:00 PM

400 block pre-mine, fail launch yesterday, and Polo already added it  Huh  *facepalm*

Good coin will mine!

Why can't we stay closed source again?

You actually have to ask that question?
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:22:51 PM

What is your fucking problem?

I'm not spreading any fud about your sacred coin.  I have as much right to post as you.  You must be one of those people that believes in censorship as long as it doesn't apply to you.

Now go live YOUR life and stop worrying about me.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:23:51 PM

That's the best explanation I've read on that Smiley

I guess the other user was worried about other coins copying Darkcoin. To that I say, we shall not worry. Code is not like a song you can download and use forever. Code needs maintenance and only proper devs can do it. We have them, most other coins don't. Also, networks effects are huge and we already have a size that makes it difficult to compete with us for all the other anonymity based cryptos.

Not to mention millions of dollars worth of distributed MN infrastructure.

Dear Devs, please can we have a MN API to enable 3rd parties to lease MN resources? Unless you have a better plan of course.
salmion

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:24:49 PM

400 block pre-mine, fail launch yesterday, and Polo already added it  Huh  *facepalm*

Good coin will mine!

Why can't we stay closed source again?

You actually have to ask that question?

Sigh.. it wasn't an actual question I know why.

Although tante's answer was fantastic.

Was because of the shitty coin copying the latest version of darkcoin (without darksend obviously) slapping a new name on it and releasing it. I know open source is a principle that must be upheld but most shitcoins don't abide by principles.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

After troll trolling, shojayxklt invented the parasite, just parasiting.
This thread is his home...
You don't want to parasitize other thread? Architectcoin for example? F.cking retarded.
I'm a parasite, and I love this thread, because I don't know what else to do.

organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:29:26 PM

Please stop bringing up eCash, iCash or whatever variation. These discussions came up months ago when people were trying to rename the coin.

First, all of the "Cash" variations sound incredibly cheesy.

Second, you're tinkering with a new brand that is being built. Taglines, etc. add nothing but confusion to the mix. It's DarkCoin. Just call it that and be happy. If you have subsets of people using cheesy taglines or alternate brands, you're hurting the brand.

Third, even if adopted it will do nothing for "adoption". BitCoin sounded stupid until it didn't.

Fourth, adoption and attention will really soar after final release, which includes much-needed third-party/parties audit of the code and/or feedback.

We aren't there yet. DRK has a dedicated dev, just stop trying to figure out marketing gimmicks.

Firstly) In one line say what Darkcoin is as you would explain it to someone who is barely bitcoin literate
Secondly) Having a dedicated dev means nothing outside of bitcointalk. It would be assumed that there would be a dedicated team.
Thirdly) As for marketing adoption and retention and how to achieve that should be worked on now before release.
Fourthly) We're just chatting here and don't represent official sources. Your tone is offensive and I've worked in advertising for 15 years.
Fifthly) Kristov seems to be widely acknowledged as a good person to vet the code but we also need to address the privacy aspect - i.e.. usefulness not just code verification from someone who reads out the price of bullets on dark markets

Bitcoin literacy has grown and will continue to grow slowly and organically. Why? Because there's money here. Do that and the Wall St. crowd eventually shows up.

I have CoinDesk on a feed reader and every day there seems to be either/both: BTC being adopted, tested, looked at by major retailer, etc. OR XYZ Country is looking into BTC regulation.

I say this a thousand times, as BTC grows more mainstream, becomes regulated and tracked the "original" attractiveness of BTC starts to diminsh. Whether you wanted to use it to buy weed, bullets or just to be "off the grid" with your money, it doesn't matter, there will be a breaking point where people leave BTC to go to something else.

As this happens, there will be a void left for the above people/uses who don't really want to be part of BTC anymore or don't trust it. Something will fill the void. It -could- be DRK if it delivers on its promises. Period. It could be DRK, it could be something else, or it could be both. DRK has the potential to fill the void and deliver on anonymous transactions, which again addresses some of the above. Nothing more, nothing less.

No type of marketing will aid this if DRK isn't what it is set out to be. Look at the time and effort (and $$$) DOGE has put into "marketing"... in the end, it doesn't really achieve anything outside of short-term bumps.

DRK has done fine growing slow and steady....being an actual coin with an actual developer (and community) committed to the coin beyond dumping. 99.9% of coins can't say that.

There has to be an actual need to use an alternative crypto beyond what exists outside of BTCtalk and the daytraders. I submit that this need will grow over time as BTC succeeds more and more.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

If you have a filter in http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html ,
http://drk.poolhash.org/bell.html will display matched payee as orange color.

Clear browser cache and cookie of http://drk.poolhash.org/

salmion

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

Please stop bringing up eCash, iCash or whatever variation. These discussions came up months ago when people were trying to rename the coin.

First, all of the "Cash" variations sound incredibly cheesy.

Second, you're tinkering with a new brand that is being built. Taglines, etc. add nothing but confusion to the mix. It's DarkCoin. Just call it that and be happy. If you have subsets of people using cheesy taglines or alternate brands, you're hurting the brand.

Third, even if adopted it will do nothing for "adoption". BitCoin sounded stupid until it didn't.

Fourth, adoption and attention will really soar after final release, which includes much-needed third-party/parties audit of the code and/or feedback.

We aren't there yet. DRK has a dedicated dev, just stop trying to figure out marketing gimmicks.

Firstly) In one line say what Darkcoin is as you would explain it to someone who is barely bitcoin literate
Secondly) Having a dedicated dev means nothing outside of bitcointalk. It would be assumed that there would be a dedicated team.
Thirdly) As for marketing adoption and retention and how to achieve that should be worked on now before release.
Fourthly) We're just chatting here and don't represent official sources. Your tone is offensive and I've worked in advertising for 15 years.
Fifthly) Kristov seems to be widely acknowledged as a good person to vet the code but we also need to address the privacy aspect - i.e.. usefulness not just code verification from someone who reads out the price of bullets on dark markets

Bitcoin literacy has grown and will continue to grow slowly and organically. Why? Because there's money here. Do that and the Wall St. crowd eventually shows up.

I have CoinDesk on a feed reader and every day there seems to be either/both: BTC being adopted, tested, looked at by major retailer, etc. OR XYZ Country is looking into BTC regulation.

I say this a thousand times, as BTC grows more mainstream, becomes regulated and tracked the "original" attractiveness of BTC starts to diminsh. Whether you wanted to use it to buy weed, bullets or just to be "off the grid" with your money, it doesn't matter, there will be a breaking point where people leave BTC to go to something else.

As this happens, there will be a void left for the above people/uses who don't really want to be part of BTC anymore or don't trust it. Something will fill the void. It -could- be DRK if it delivers on its promises. Period. It could be DRK, it could be something else, or it could be both. DRK has the potential to fill the void and deliver on anonymous transactions, which again addresses some of the above. Nothing more, nothing less.

No type of marketing will aid this if DRK isn't what it is set out to be. Look at the time and effort DOGE has put into "marketing"... in the end, it doesn't really achieve anything outside of short-term bumps.

DRK has done fine growing slow and steady....being an actual coin with an actual developer (and community) committed to the coin beyond dumping. 99.9% of coins can't say that.

There has to be an actual need to use an alternative crypto beyond what exists outside of BTCtalk and the daytraders. I submit that this need will grow over time as BTC succeeds more and more.

So the discussion we were having earlier was largely about those uses. The privacy uses spoken about 10 million pages ago. Kristov is great but I worry about his dark markets discourse -"doing something illegal" being the only association of use for dark.

The privacy aspect for individuals and businesses is huge and needs to be spoken about to subvert being pigeon holed.
I'm not talking banner ads - although... why not? Smiley Better to create a perception of a brand than trying to change a misconception.

The previously mentioned bitcoin address tracking site is a great idea imo

Pages: « 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: