Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:35:15 AM

[...]
- State of the Onion - 31c3 Tor Talk - http://youtu.be/wKArmXr8o04?t=47m30s

[...]

That is a great talk.

And the next one applebaum gave is even more worth to watch, if you are interested in Tor or not:
http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2014/31c3_-_6258_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201412282030_-_reconstructing_narratives_-_jacob_-_laura_poitras.html#video

and FX, great post!
yeah applebaum reveals so much hardcore stuff every year.
vertoe

Merit: 505

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:35:51 AM

Where?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:44:09 AM

Second paragraph.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:35:07 AM

As another astute DRK market observer pointed out earlier in the thread (apologies - I forgot who it was, please remind me) the 1-week MACD posted its first green block since late June recently, so the valuation is hard packed with a third of the coin supply now tied up in masternodes.
It was me Wink now MACD 1 week has 2 green candles Wink

*Toknormal ambert pre-alarm Smiley*
First green candle after may downtrend - 2 weeks MACD

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:36:31 AM

./darkcoind masternode count

Shocked  Shocked

Wallet is not correct
as it counts certain IP's double !!

1835 actives + 1 inactives
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:24:57 AM

It was me Wink

Ah ! So it was.

Thanks for the heads up splawik.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 08:29:42 AM

For those of you who don't know, a group of us have worked really hard on this episode.  We had a professionally written script, a great animator, Everyone pitching in, and of course Bitcoin Rush and Evan actually putting it together.  You will NOT be disappointed in this special episode of Bitcoin Rush when it comes out on our anniversary January 18th.  It's all done with a green screen for special effects which aren't integrated yet, but just wait!  It's going to be awesome!

Thank you to John, George, Evan and Bitcoin Rush
And especially thank you to TaoOfSaatoshi!
And of course to everyone who participated, giving their thoughts, ideas, etc... and reading the scripts to give their two cents!  Thank you all!

Fantastic work all around!  Please donate to Bitcoin Rush to say THANK YOU!

disclaimer: I haven't donated yet, LOL, need to get my wallet out... later!

Bitcoin Rush exclusive Darkcoin episode coming January 18th!

A preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9UQP2kGH8

Hey Tao, can we get a tip address going?  I can do it if ya'all want me to?  I think Bitcoin Rush has outdid himself and has worked so hard on this episode, he deserves a nice big fat tip.  Only, he takes BTC, not alts, and I don't know about you all, but I only have DRK and I think it might be easier to get tips tipped in DRK??   What do you all think?  

Also, if any of you can tip Bitcoin Rush, he deserves it Wink  Thanks!  Address is in the above youtube post Smiley

Bitcoin Rush supports Darkcoin, now let's support him!

TOTAL NEEDED FOR BITCOIN RUSH: 180 DRK
TOTAL RAISED SO FAR: 11.18 DRK
NEEDED: 168.82 DRK
PLEASE HELP OUT!

DONATION ADDRESS

Tao

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:06:55 AM

./darkcoind masternode count

Shocked  Shocked

Shocked  Shocked Shocked  Shocked
1835 actives + 1 inactives
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:40:21 AM

Darkcoin on the move folks !

Countering BTC devaluation. DRK is the one to be in !

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:41:48 AM

Can confirm. I work in delivery and I can walk into literally any public building and any subsequent room in my town without being formally challenged by anyone. Locked door? Waive at someone and point at the package I'm holding. Someone looks like they are going to ask you "WTF are you doing?" Shortcut them with "Sorry, it's not yours," and shrug your shoulders while soldiering on. It's been a hobby of mine for years to attempt every building I can and I've never not been successful. The last room I still need to add is the actual operating room at the hospital. I've only not attempted that because it's not cool to try (I might do it at a bad time). I've been in the jail, psych hold, meds (narc) storage, all over the local federal building, 'backstage' at the airport (the only place I met any real resistance, still passed easily). I even took my lunch in the breakroom of the national package delivery competitor, chatting with the floor supervisor. I kept my arm resting on my dummy box and he eyed it a couple of times but didn't out-and-out ask who it was for. I did ask if it was cool if I burned my break in his breakroom though and he said sure. I just made sure to steer the conversation. Yeah, confidence (and a uniform) gets you into anywhere.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2s1z1c/whats_the_best_advice_youve_ever_received/cnlkx26

Grin

SpreadLight

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:42:02 AM

That's what happened when you run both Darkcoin and Spreadcoin masternodes in one server (hint: j/k)  Grin  Wink

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:52:15 AM

That 2,000 shot was mine.  Interesting to see whether the price sticks even slightly above 0.006...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:01:39 AM

That 2,000 shot was mine.  Interesting to see whether the price sticks even slightly above 0.006...

Have you not got enough coins already ? Leave some for the poor escaping Litecoin punters  Wink

You must have a stuffed bagfull. More masternodes ?
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:04:07 AM

Bitcoin Rush supports Darkcoin, now let's support him!

TOTAL NEEDED FOR BITCOIN RUSH: 180 DRK
TOTAL RAISED SO FAR: 11.18 DRK
NEEDED: 168.82 DRK
PLEASE HELP OUT!

DONATION ADDRESS

Tao

Sent 5 DRK:
USD Spent: $ 9.83 (1966.00000/K)
Coin Amount: 5.0
Wallet address: XqSoLNUbCEuadxfU2V7nS3HEy2hXGX5MeE
Transfer id: 76628a11084b7042bfe38bc48ebf34ad25d48ae6ce5c1adee256fc4b6930cf0d

Not much, but we must show our support, or as that beautiful saying goes, put our money where our mouths are Smiley
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:10:37 AM

Can't sleep, so might as well ask, why is it that the USD/DRK is way off from the current BTC/DRK amount (or is BTC so low at the moment?  Gotta go look...)

Oh forget it, BTC is pretty low right now... shoot, wish I had money to buy (bangs head on desk)!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:12:49 AM

Have you not got enough coins already ? Leave some for the poor escaping Litecoin punters  Wink

You must have a stuffed bagfull. More masternodes ?

Ha ha.  My bag has a hole in the bottom...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:17:26 AM

Oh forget it, BTC is pretty low right now... shoot, wish I had money to buy (bangs head on desk)!

Things are generally priced relative to Bitcoin because alts don't have very well established independent USD markets.

If you look at http://coinmarketcap.com you'll see that, relative to BItcoin, DRK is up. i.e. BTC is down 2.87% but DRK is only down 0.21% which means that DRK is down relative to the US dollar but up relative to BTC.

The chart I posted is the DRK / BTC ratio which is what I'm always interested in. I never bother with the USD market because it doesn't tell you anything (unless your about to buy with fiat of course). I haven't bought anything with fiat for nearly 2 years and anyway, what's important re. DRK's progress is it's standing relative to other cryptos.

P.S. I've got something for you - I'll post it in a minute. I was going to post it tonight as I thought you'd be asleep but since you're not....if you're finding it hard to sleep you'll not have any problem just shortly  Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:23:43 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 11:47:47 AM by toknormal

Here you go...

I have absolutely ZERO understanding of what you say, toknormal

Here's a quick 101 for you Tante.

There are (broadly speaking) 2 types of money in the fiat system:

[1] - base money

[2] - credit money

Base money is brought into existence by a central bank which issues a certain amount of, lets day, 'dollars'. Credit money is brought into existence when a commercial bank borrows base money from the 'Fed' and lends it out to commercial customers at an interest rate greater than the base rate (thats how they make money).

Clearly, the amount of credit money in existence depends on how active the economy is because people borrow more when there's a lot of activity to finance new projects. (Think of it as the economy 'pulling' the pink bubble out the way). Note that interest continuously accrues on all the credit money in existence (even if the base rate is zero as it almost is now under ZIRP conditions) so an outer 'debt' ring will form around that big pink bubble.

The size of the pink bubble relative to the blue centre grows according to the fractional reserve ratio. i.e. commercial banks have to keep around 8% of "blue stuff" in relation to all the "pink stuff" they lend out. If the economy doesn't grow fast enough, central banks try to grow the size of the BLUE CIRCLE and reduce the base rate in the hope that it will make it easier for the pink bubble to grow and catch up with the "interest debt ring'. (A process known as 'quantitative easing', QE). Clearly this requires co-operation from the economy itself otherwise it is (as many have remarked) like "pushing on a piece of string".

The distance between the outer edge of the solid pink bubble and the 'interest debt ring' represents the minimum amount the economy must grow to cover the interest on the ongoing credit money supply. Central banks are usually under instructions from their respective governments to keep inflation at 2% (Note: there is retail price inflation and there is monetary inflation - the size of the pink bubble - which may not be the same thing).

PROBLEMS

Hopefully, you can now see straight away what the dangers are and what must be avoided at all costs:

[1] - DEFLATION. Because if the pink bubble shrinks, there isn't enough credit money in existence to cover all the interest liabilities in existence and DEFAULTS will occur. (Referring to the diagram, the pink circle won't grow enough reach the outer 'interest debt ring' in a year). This affects CONFIDENCE which underpins the whole house of cards and must not be compromised at any cost (hence tha bailouts)

[2] - HYPER INFLATION of the pink bubble. Because that destroys the value of credit money and causes the size of the "interest debt ring" to run away - same result as above but through a different route.

WHY JAPAN, US, EUROPE AND CHINA ARE ALL DIFFERENT

JAPAN: is headed for HYPER INFLATION because they keep expanding the monetary base (blue circle) but the pink bubble isn't getting any bigger and the economy is stagnatin.

EUROPE: is currently heading for DEFLATION (in fact as of last week, it is now officially deflating) because the Germans won't let Mario Draghi start expanding the money base as they have adverse memories of carting their wages around in wheelbarrows. Mr Draghi would really like to start European QE though and he's frustrated with the Germans over it. That's why Greece is a headache for everybody because the southern European countries are up to their eyeballs in debt and need a central bank to keep their interest rates low buy buying their bonds. Greece just makes everybody nervous and increases the risk premiums on their debt making things even worse for countries like Spain, Italy and France.

US: The US has completed such an enormous program of QE that they've now expanded the "blue circle" to 4 times its 2008 size but again, without really having much effect on the economy which is why they are not able to raise interest rates otherwise they'll "push" that outer interest debt ring further away out of reach of the pink bubble. QE is still going on but hidden in the form of "carry trades". That's where Japan does all the money printing and banks borrow Yen and buy US treasury bonds with it, pocketing the difference between the yield on their US bonds and the interest on their Japanese loans. (Note that the Bank of Japan announced it's massive increase in QE the day after the US Fed announced the 'end' to their QE. Ergo, QE is still going on but the baton has been passed to the Bank of Japan who have been under the "US thumb" since the end of World War 1).

RUSSIA/CHINA: Here, the exact opposite of what is happening in the West is going on. The Russians and Chinese have been buying gold for the last 4-5 years. Russia's sovereign debt level is tiny compared to the West. This is why a potential catastrophe is on the cards because all the Chinese have to do to break the western banking system is to start putting pressure on western debt. There are a number of ways they can do this - impose a gold standard of their own (they are already well on the way with the new "Brics" banking system), dump their huge holdings of US Treasuries etc. They do not want to do this just yet though because the west is a huge market for them so they're busy developing their own economies so they have more of an internal market and are less reliant on the west. This is what's behind a lot of the tension at East / West flashpoints such as the Ukraine and Turkey.

WHERE DOES CRYPTO COME INTO ALL OF THIS

Crypto, by definition, is UNLEVERED BASE MONEY. That means it belongs in the BLUE CIRCLE in the diagram below. It cannot be destroyed by a banking crash or economic crisis the way credit money can. This is why banks see it as a huge threat right now because in a bank run, crypto is a potential safe haven from a credit crunch. Of course, most people don't yet realise this because crypto just isn't mature enough, but ironically, banks do realise it and are trying to keep a lid on it (see, for example https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sparkasse-bank-blocks-bitcoin-related-bank-transfers ).

Artoodeetoo

Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:30:36 AM

Buying now will look like stealing candy from babies in a few months..

Hopefully will get another 100 in later this week.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:50:55 AM

Here you go...

I have absolutely ZERO understanding of what you say, toknormal

Here's a quick 101 for you Tante.

There are (broadly speaking) 2 types of money in the fiat system:

[1] - base money

[2] - credit money

Base money is brought into existence by a central bank which issues a certain amount of, lets day, 'dollars'. Credit money is brought into existence when a commercial bank borrows base money from the 'Fed' and lends it out to commercial customers at an interest rate greater than the base rate (thats how they make money).

Clearly, the amount of credit money in existence depends on how active the economy is because people borrow more when there's a lot of activity to finance new projects. (Think of it as the economy 'pulling' the pink bubble out the way). Note that interest continuously accrues on all the credit money in existence (even if the base rate is zero as it almost is now under ZIRP conditions) so an outer 'debt' ring will form around that big pink bubble.

The size of the pink bubble relative to the blue centre grows according to the fractional reserve ratio. i.e. commercial banks have to keep around 8% of "blue stuff" in relation to all the "pink stuff" they lend out. If the economy doesn't grow fast enough, central banks try to grow the size of the BLUE CIRCLE and reduce the base rate in the hope that it will make it easier for the pink bubble to grow and catch up with the "interest debt ring'. (A process known as 'quantitative easing', QE). Clearly this requires co-operation from the economy itself otherwise it is (as many have remarked) like "pushing on a piece of string".

The distance between the outer edge of the solid pink bubble and the 'interest debt ring' represents the minimum amount the economy must grow to cover the interest on the ongoing credit money supply. Central banks are usually under instructions from their respective governments to keep inflation at 2% (Note: there is retail price inflation and there is monetary inflation - the size of the pink bubble - which may not be the same thing).

PROBLEMS

Hopefully, you can now see straight away what the dangers are and what must be avoided at all costs:

[1] - DEFLATION. Because if the pink bubble shrinks, there isn't enough credit money in existence to cover all the interest liabilities in existence and DEFAULTS will occur. (Referring to the diagram, the pink circle won't grow enough reach the outer 'interest debt ring' in a year). This affects CONFIDENCE which underpins the whole house of cards and must not be compromised at any cost (hence tha bailouts)

[2] - HYPER INFLATION of the pink bubble. Because that destroys the value of credit money and causes the size of the "interest debt ring" to run away - same result as above but through a different route.

WHY JAPAN, US, EUROPE AND CHINA ARE ALL DIFFERENT

JAPAN: is headed for HYPER INFLATION because they keep expanding the monetary base (blue circle) but the pink bubble isn't getting any bigger and the economy is stagnatin.

EUROPE: is currently heading for DEFLATION (in fact as of last week, it is now officially deflating) because the Germans won't let Mario Draghi start expanding the money base as they have adverse memories of carting their wages around in wheelbarrows. Mr Draghi would really like to start European QE though and he's frustrated with the Germans over it. That's why Greece is a headache for everybody because the southern European countries are up to their eyeballs in debt and need a central bank to keep their interest rates low buy buying their bonds. Greece just makes everybody nervous and increases the risk premiums on their debt making things even worse for countries like Spain, Italy and France.

US: The US has completed such an enormous program of QE that they've now expanded the "blue circle" to 4 times its 2008 size but again, without really having much effect on the economy which is why they are not able to raise interest rates otherwise they'll "push" that outer interest debt ring further away out of reach of the pink bubble. QE is still going on but hidden in the form of "carry trades". That's where Japan does all the money printing and banks borrow Yen and buy US treasury bonds with it, pocketing the difference between the yield on their US bonds and the interest on their Japanese loans. (Note that the Bank of Japan announced it's massive increase in QE the day after the US Fed announced the 'end' to their QE. Ergo, QE is still going on but the baton has been passed to the Bank of Japan who have been under the "US thumb" since the end of World War 1).

RUSSIA/CHINA: Here, the exact opposite of what is happening in the West is going on. The Russians and Chinese have been buying gold for the last 4-5 years. Russia's sovereign debt level is tiny compared to the West. This is why a potential catastrophe is on the cards because all the Chinese have to do to break the western banking system is to start putting pressure on western debt. There are a number of ways they can do this - impose a gold standard of their own (they are already well on the way with the new "Brics" banking system), dump their huge holdings of US Treasuries etc. They do not want to do this just yet though because the west is a huge market for them so they're busy developing their own economies so they have more of an internal market and are less reliant on the west. This is what's behind a lot of the tension at East / West flashpoints such as the Ukraine and Turkey.

WHERE DOES CRYPTO COME INTO ALL OF THIS

Crypto, by definition, is UNLEVERED BASE MONEY. That means it belongs in the BLUE CIRCLE in the diagram below. It cannot be destroyed by a banking crash or economic crisis the way credit money can. This is why banks see it as a huge threat right now because in a bank run, crypto is a potential safe haven from a credit crunch. Of course, most people don't yet realise this because crypto just isn't mature enough, but ironically, banks do realise it and are trying to keep a lid on it (see, for example https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sparkasse-bank-blocks-bitcoin-related-bank-transfers ).

Thank you.  Although I understood a lot of this already, I hadn't seen it presented that way before.  I need to drink it in some more on my touch pad in bed, LOL.  What I don't understand is how you predict stuff.  That's a voodoo, I don't think I'm capable of understanding, LOL.  My eyes start to cross, but I appreciate your posts.  I can tell, sort of, if you think DRK will do well or fall, LOL.  I guess that's all I need, as long as I have you to tell me Wink  Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 [3786] 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: