Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 [3809] 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:47:01 PM

Apart from all the Bitcoin analysis taking place in this thread, there has been a lot of extremely high quality posting going on in here. I LOVE reading all of it, keep it up and thank you guys! Cheesy

And ofcourse congratulations to the DRK team and community with the brand spanking new release of v11.0.6! Smiley

Love being a part of this community, can't wait for what the future will bring! Whoooooooo..
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:51:27 PM

LucD88 me too Wink
Offtopic --» DRK>LTC in BTC price x unit

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
GilAlexander

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:03:02 PM

Randomly sort masternodes before picking next winner
What does it mean? Are there reference nodes yet?
LucD88

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:08:49 PM

Vault of Satoshi is Closing February 5th, 2015

Vault of Satoshi will be closing on February 5th, 2015. Although new deposits will no longer be accepted, rest assured, you will have plenty of time to finalize any trades and withdraw any outstanding funds with all of the convenience and expeditiousness that you’re used to. Please ensure that all of your withdrawal requests are submitted by February 5th.

We expect there will be some speculation as to why the Vault is going to be sealed forever, and we’d like to reassure the community that it has absolutely nothing to do with insolvency, stolen funds, or any other unfortunate scenario. To this day we are proud to have run the first full proof-of-reserve exchange in the industry, with strict compliance and security regimes. Our decision stems from opportunities presented by a new business that has forced us to reexamine our priorities.

Our founders and team of developers began work on a new, non-cryptocurrency project about 6 months ago, which has since become quite successful. We are forced to make a choice on where to expend our efforts, as we simply do not have time to continue operating both businesses. We feel splitting our focus would be a disservice to the customers of Vault, so although our competitors may lack some of the features, currencies, and innovations that Vault brought to the Canadian market, they will serve you well for your basic exchange needs.

We are still true-believers, and think Satoshi Nakamoto has set in course something that will change the world for the better. Thank you loyal Vault customers for joining us on one of the most exciting adventures of our time! There’s no doubt that this is just the beginning, and we will continue to watch from the sidelines as history unfolds, with Bitcoin becoming more understood, accepted, and appreciated every day.

Sincerely,
The Vault of Satoshi Team

Source: https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com/
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 07:13:05 PM

Vault of Satoshi will be closing on February 5th, 2015. Although new deposits will no longer be accepted, rest assured, you will have plenty of time to finalize any trades and withdraw any outstanding funds with all of the convenience and expeditiousness that you’re used to. Please ensure that all of your withdrawal requests are submitted by February 5th.

We expect there will be some speculation as to why the Vault is going to be sealed forever, and we’d like to reassure the community that it has absolutely nothing to do with insolvency, stolen funds, or any other unfortunate scenario. To this day we are proud to have run the first full proof-of-reserve exchange in the industry, with strict compliance and security regimes. Our decision stems from opportunities presented by a new business that has forced us to reexamine our priorities.

Our founders and team of developers began work on a new, non-cryptocurrency project about 6 months ago, which has since become quite successful. We are forced to make a choice on where to expend our efforts, as we simply do not have time to continue operating both businesses. We feel splitting our focus would be a disservice to the customers of Vault, so although our competitors may lack some of the features, currencies, and innovations that Vault brought to the Canadian market, they will serve you well for your basic exchange needs.

We are still true-believers, and think Satoshi Nakamoto has set in course something that will change the world for the better. Thank you loyal Vault customers for joining us on one of the most exciting adventures of our time! There’s no doubt that this is just the beginning, and we will continue to watch from the sidelines as history unfolds, with Bitcoin becoming more understood, accepted, and appreciated every day.

Sincerely,

Damn. I enjoyed using your services. Word on the street is that one of the Darkcoin community members wants to buy this exchange. We'll see how it works out...

Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:25:46 PM

I just kicked off 16 rounds of darksend on 300+ DRK.   Can't wait to see how this goes.   Smiley
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:26:10 PM

Sincerely,

Damn. I enjoyed using your services. Word on the street is that one of the Darkcoin community members wants to buy this exchange. We'll see how it works out...
Oh...
This should be great, and making possible the DRK/xxx exchange for lots of coins.. (like LTC/xxx in cryptsy for exemple)
Jestah

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

I just kicked off 16 rounds of darksend on 300+ DRK.   Can't wait to see how this goes.   Smiley

"No compatible masternode found"   Huh
LucD88

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:37:47 PM

People are still updating I suppose, waiting for my guy to update my Masternodes as well!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:39:33 PM

Darkcoin Core was released a couple of hours ago, I think you may need to wait for the network to update.
Jestah

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:39:39 PM

I just kicked off 16 rounds of darksend on 300+ DRK.   Can't wait to see how this goes.   Smiley

"No compatible masternode found"   Huh
People are still updating I suppose, waiting for my guy to update my Masternodes as well!

It started, I have a large pending balance now.  I picture all my DRK floating through the air just like WonkaVision did in the original movie.  *Squee!*

This is really cool and so much faster now.  It's now been resubmitted to a masternode and is waiting for more participants, then it's going to go for round 2 I'm guessing?

I'm certain waiting for others won't be an issue once the masses are using this.
GilAlexander

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:43:34 PM

Updated mn and clients without problems, just takes long to connect if peers.dat wasn't deleted.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:10:11 PM

People who helped a lot (even more people than this participated, it's absolutely fantastic):

Me, Flare, UdjinM6, Patrick M, Francis R, Vertoe, Daniel A, Crowing, Elbereth, Stuart B, Tiago S, Splawik21 and Moli (not in any order)

Thanks to all of you.
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:13:32 PM

when mixing coins inside my wallet can i only mix with people who are mixing with the same number of rounds ?
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:13:56 PM

Darkcoin Core v0.11.0

We are excited to announce the release of Darkcoin Core v0.11.0! This is a highly anticipated release and was the result of the work of over 10 people for nearly 2 months. Thanks to all of those that helped with this release by developing, testing, making tickets or even providing servers for testnet.

Here are the release notes:

Darkcoin Core:
Fork from Bitcoin 0.9.3 taking advantage of nearly 2 years of development to the Bitcoin core client
Rebrand to Darkcoin Core
Version bumped to 0.11 to indicate a new major release
Renamed client to identify with network from Satoshi to Core
Bumped protocol version to 70052
Changed p2sh-address versions to start with 7 (instead of 3, this affects public keys only, old scripts remain valid and usable!)
Changed testnet address versions to start with x or y (instead of m or n, this affects public keys only, old wallets remain valid and usable!)
Defined BIP32 (HD) address versions to start with drkp/drkv (DRKP/DRKV for testnet)
Adapted BIP44 coin type 5 for Darkcoin (0x80000005) as defined in SLIP-0044
Added new units: duffs (1 / 100.000.000 DRK)
Added units for testnet: tDRK, mtDRK, utDRK, tduffs
Added new DNS seed from masternode.io
Fixed wallet locking after sending coins
Add -regtest mode, similar to testnet but private with instant block generation with setgenerate RPC.
Add separate darkcoin-cli client
Implemented KeyPass integration for CLI, RPC and Qt: keepass, keepassport, keepasskey, keepassid,keepassname
Masternodes:
Improve support for start-many with multi masternode config
New masternode rpc commands: stop-many, start-alias, stop-alias, list-conf
Fixed possible masternode payments exploit
Better support for non-specific masternode payments
Added masternode support for regtest
Randomly sort masternodes before picking next winner
Show number of masternodes in debug window
Darksend:
Reduced lower darksend limit to 1.5 DRK
Fixed progress bar calculation for low amounts
Improved support for adding DRK after anon has completed
Added denomination information to Overview tab
Added more detailed Darksend status information to Overview tab
Added Darksend high precision matching engine
Added Darksend balance to getinfo
Changed maximum rounds of mixing to 16
Full release notes: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.11.0.md

Downloads

11.0.6 Core - All Users

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
Windows .exe: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.6-win32-setup.exe
Mac OSX: Broken currently, we will compile this later. Darkcoin still works on OSX if compiled from source.
Linux: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.6-linux.tar.gz

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/

Thanks, I was expecting Instant X to come first but this also great , Evan was already testing InstantX correct  ?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:20:59 PM

LTC has a "fundamentals" problem. No one needs to badmouth it or hate it so that it can self-destroy itself.

I said, back when LTC cost 10$ per coin, that 28800 coins per day X 10$ = 288.000 USD per day = 105mn USD per year required just to buy annual production.

You sit there and ask yourself: Are there people who are willing to buy >100mn USD worth of Litecoins over a year just to keep its price steady? If the answer is no, then you better buy something else. It's really that simple.

Then BTC also had a fundamental problem in 2012 when it was also making 50 coins every 10 minutes.

It still had 4 times less coin generation than what LTC currently has... and it was also the benchmark coin, not just a coin.

I'm not saying that LTC was not overvalued, i'm just saying that this is the correction and that if people want it and see its value they will buy it. The same argument can be applied to any alt- "are you willing to spend X amount a year to ensure that the price stays X"- the market responds as it does. To get the DRK price to $4 you would need to invest more money into the DRK ecosystem a year than it is currently, so why is that fundamental notion a benefit to DRK yet a disadvantage to LTC?

Inflation is a huge factor in cryptocurrencies, at least as long as the investment money flowing into crypto is relatively limited.

DRK is rarer than both LTC and BTC, in market cap, coins generated per day and max coins that will ever be mined. Its upward momentum is easier as measured by price per unit. That's aside from other things that DRK can do (which LTC can't).
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:33:42 PM

Darkcoin Core v0.11.0

Sh*t. This stuff is awsome.

10 developers ? (/people)

That blows me away.

People who helped a lot (even more people than this participated, it's absolutely fantastic):

Me, Flare, UdjinM6, Patrick M, Francis R, Vertoe, Daniel A, Crowing, Elbereth, Stuart B, Tiago S, Splawik21 and Moli (not in any order)

I'm going to pretend that I'm that Daniel A Cheesy

Seriously, I'm so impressed by this release.  We're lucky to have the team and community that we do.

Now...lets get our MNs updated and put darksend through its paces!
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:38:24 PM

hi guys we really need to start pushing the use of DRK to tor markets

read this

In the Silk Road trial, Bitcoin is a cop’s best friend

The same features that kept Ross Ulbricht anonymous might now send him to jail

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/14/7546669/silk-road-trial-bitcoin-tracking
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:44:31 PM

LTC has a "fundamentals" problem. No one needs to badmouth it or hate it so that it can self-destroy itself.

I said, back when LTC cost 10$ per coin, that 28800 coins per day X 10$ = 288.000 USD per day = 105mn USD per year required just to buy annual production.

You sit there and ask yourself: Are there people who are willing to buy >100mn USD worth of Litecoins over a year just to keep its price steady? If the answer is no, then you better buy something else. It's really that simple.

Then BTC also had a fundamental problem in 2012 when it was also making 50 coins every 10 minutes.

It still had 4 times less coin generation than what LTC currently has... and it was also the benchmark coin, not just a coin.

I'm not saying that LTC was not overvalued, i'm just saying that this is the correction and that if people want it and see its value they will buy it. The same argument can be applied to any alt- "are you willing to spend X amount a year to ensure that the price stays X"- the market responds as it does. To get the DRK price to $4 you would need to invest more money into the DRK ecosystem a year than it is currently, so why is that fundamental notion a benefit to DRK yet a disadvantage to LTC?

Inflation is a huge factor in cryptocurrencies, at least as long as the investment money flowing into crypto is relatively limited.

DRK is rarer than both LTC and BTC, in market cap, coins generated per day and max coins that will ever be mined. Its upward momentum is easier as measured by price per unit. That's aside from other things that DRK can do (which LTC can't).

Inflation is a huge factor, but it is simply a matter of someones coding decision and should not be confused with rarity in the real world sense, in which physical things cannot be conjured into existence. DRK is rare because it was designed like that; although rarity does not automatically mean valuable. The point is that "numbers" are just that, numbers-"rarity" is set but it is really the markets decision to decide if something rare is valuable.

Yes, DRK can do things that LTC cannot do, but in the same vein LTC can do a few things that DRK cannot do, like be accepted at a lot more merchants. I'm not bashing DRK or praising litecoin, merely stating that DRK has qualities that set it apart from LTC in a great way, but beyond the sphere of the cryptocommunity and the darkmarkets, where does it stack up for mass adoption?
Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:45:48 PM

Darkcoin Core v0.11.0

Sh*t. This stuff is awsome.

10 developers ? (/people)

That blows me away.

I'm going to pretend that I'm that Daniel A Cheesy

Seriously, I'm so impressed by this release.  We're lucky to have the team and community that we do.

Now...lets get our MNs updated and put darksend through its paces!

MNs updated here. Good to see over 15% have already updated, pretty good going Smiley Congrats to the whole team for such a fantastic achievement with this release. It's a major step forwards for DRK and surely cements our position in crypto as one of the top alts out there.

Walter
Pages: « 1 ... 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 [3809] 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: