Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 [5047] 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:22:15 AM

People posting things you don't like goes with the territory. Get over it.  

Strawman fallacy. I don't object to that.
I object to the idea of you playing victim by complaining about backlash your community caused in the first place.
Personally I never heard of or cared about Monero until the incessant attacks started, so go figure.

Again, there is no playing victim, as I said it goes with the territory (both ways). I'm just correcting bigrcanada's (self-?) deception about the Dash community displaying a "professional demeanor". It doesn't, and you're a good part of that.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:35:13 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 01:49:37 AM by blobafett2

People posting things you don't like goes with the territory. Get over it.  

Strawman fallacy. I don't object to that.
I object to the idea of you playing victim by complaining about backlash your community caused in the first place.
Personally I never heard of or cared about Monero until the incessant attacks started, so go figure.

Again, there is no playing victim, as I said it goes with the territory (both ways). I'm just correcting bigrcanada's (self-?) delusion of the Dash community displaying a "professional demeanor". It doesn't, and you're a good part of that.

Smooth, no offense, but look up the page ^ and see you and your Monero gang, on the Dash thread, not the other way round.

Now look at the Monero thread - no Dash people.  There is no symmetry, no 'both ways', you are attacking Dash which has been one of your main endevaours for months, proven by the 100s if not 1000s of anti-Dash posts in your post history: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

I think you are really doing a disservice to Monero, it's obvious now you are just trying to rile up the Dash community to get a reaction you can quote, because Big R hit the nail on the head saying you were unprofessional, and with your buddy icebreaker working full time to disrupt the Dash thread, obviously he hit a nerve somehow.  Pointing out you and your gang are unprofessional is obviously a big no-no.

Sorry to spell it out, as a core-dev, you do act extremely unprofessionally, to the point of thuggery, sorry Smiley
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:50:56 AM

bitcoinwisdom seems down since few minutes...

I remember seeing an equivalent site to have chart but can't find it. Anyone?

Edit: it's back...lol
But anyway would love to know of there is a backup of this Wink
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:07:17 AM

I initially ignored all trolling. Then I became annoyed with their constant immature badgering, and attempted to counter that with logic. How stupid of me. For these guys, it doesn't matter what the facts are, they are constantly trying to push buttons in an attempt to bring us down. But, they really are wasting their time here, and it's showing.

Now, I just enjoy the antics of the sideshow clowns. They really are good at what they do, I must say. Their target, this Dash ANN thread is just a hangout for enthusiasts, ideas and announcements from the team. They may succeed at swaying the opinion of the individuals who don't bother to do their due diligence reading their stupidity. Unfortunately for the sideshow clowns, the Dash community members who don't hang out here all the time such as myself are very good at what they do as well, talking and interacting with real investors who do do their due diligence and realize the value of what we are working on here. History will judge who is the better crypto, with real-world usage, not posts on a message board.

We have a group of uber-commited devs working on this project, and improving it all the time. We have a group of committed grassroots PR volunteers who are getting the word out there daily. When the Decentralized Governance by Blockchain (V12) comes online, there really is not going to be anything standing in our way to create the perfect Digital Cash, market it as such, and create new businesses on top of the Masternode network.

It really is entertaining to see the creativity of the sideshow clowns, but at the end of the day, it is just roadkill on the highway trying to block an 18 wheeler from getting by. Please, don't give these people any more satisfaction of riling you up. I suggest to unignore them, enjoy the creativity, and be secure in the knowledge that they are not making the slightest iota of difference to this project.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled trolling. Take it away, iCEBREAKER!

bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:27:37 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 04:02:52 AM by bertlebbert

Don't know if anyone noticed this:

When asked how and who?  Udjin not saying too much

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:39:01 AM

I initially ignored all trolling. Then I became annoyed with their constant immature badgering, and attempted to counter that with logic. How stupid of me. For these guys, it doesn't matter what the facts are, they are constantly trying to push buttons in an attempt to bring us down. But, they really are wasting their time here, and it's showing.

Now, I just enjoy the antics of the sideshow clowns. They really are good at what they do, I must say. Their target, this Dash ANN thread is just a hangout for enthusiasts, ideas and announcements from the team. They may succeed at swaying the opinion of the individuals who don't bother to do their due diligence reading their stupidity. Unfortunately for the sideshow clowns, the Dash community members who don't hang out here all the time such as myself are very good at what they do as well, talking and interacting with real investors who do do their due diligence and realize the value of what we are working on here. History will judge who is the better crypto, with real-world usage, not posts on a message board.

We have a group of uber-commited devs working on this project, and improving it all the time. We have a group of committed grassroots PR volunteers who are getting the word out there daily. When the Decentralized Governance by Blockchain (V12) comes online, there really is not going to be anything standing in our way to create the perfect Digital Cash, market it as such, and create new businesses on top of the Masternode network.

It really is entertaining to see the creativity of the sideshow clowns, but at the end of the day, it is just roadkill on the highway trying to block an 18 wheeler from getting by. Please, don't give these people any more satisfaction of riling you up. I suggest to unignore them, enjoy the creativity, and be secure in the knowledge that they are not making the slightest iota of difference to this project.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled trolling. Take it away, iCEBREAKER!

If you really "initially ignored all trolling" then how could you possibly become "annoyed with...constant immature badgering?"

And how is simply stating our entirely reasonable objections to Dash's massive 2 million coin insta-mine "trying to push buttons?"

Since vertoe denounced and alerted us to the ongoing fraud, Dash only has one real dev.  When Centralized Governance by Otah (V12) comes online, that will become clear.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bt62567

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:01:58 AM

icebreaker, this is someone's project they can do with it what ever they wish lol... if it forked for a reason after launch oh well man.. you act like this thing is giving you nightmares until it crashes and burns. yea its a forum etc.. but you take it a bit far don't you think? maybe you are payed to fud i don't really know, but wow do you really ruin the thread for anything else other than your own intentions. You should really stop, don't really want to say anymore than that.. maybe they need to change some things so individuals can get banned per thread idk.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:04:28 AM

Well... I have had most of our trolls off ignore to see if there was any new relevant angles or issues,  but  Unfortunately nothing new to learn or discuss,  all old hat and tired stuff .... So everyone is back on ignore...  27 peeps!  Bring on the silence.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:29:59 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 04:03:06 AM by bigrcanada

I view crypto As a hobby,  I  come here as an enthusiast  to learn and in the process make a few bucks and diversify some of my investments and someday say that I was part of a disruptor technology.  Certainly,  for me I take this banter with a grain of salt and with mild amusement.  Others apparently not and that's a shame.

But there are others that this is their job and lively hood and I respect that this is not "all fun in games".   I would  say that one needs not look further then the actions, demeanour and professionalism on any projects management and developers to get a sense of worth.

I speak for myself only... But thanks DASH Dev team for being just such a team.   V12 is proof of your unwavering commitment to raising the bar and the mark other devs will be held too.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:34:24 AM

Can't shake the feeling were on the verge of something huge here - it won't happen overnight, but the fundamentals are shifting.

I was thinking about this on the way home from a quick errand this evening. How does one quantify the impact of a self-funded monetary unit? This is some seriously groundbreaking stuff, I can't think of anything like it - ever. The best way I can wrap my head around it is (1.01)^x where 1 is the base value and the 0.01 is the added value from increased development.

With a Market Cap around 20m the impact will be slow... with a Market Cap of 200m can you imagine the proposals that could be funded? Move this up to a bitcoin-level market cap and it's jaw dropping.

Best is yet to come, can't wait to see how this develops  Cool

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
Triptolemoose

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:45:00 AM

It will be a pain if bitcoin wisdom don't update their site by the end of august, so as a temporary measure I set up http://dashwisdom.com/

It uses a masked redirect which forwards directly to https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc

If there is still a loading issue in the EU, or if anyone know a good (prefer ad-free) US proxy to forward to instead let me know and I'll update the forwarding so that the masked redirect will load up for european users.

Additionally, if anyone at bitcoinwisdom has an issue with this redirect site just pm me and I can pull it. I was just sick of hunting round bookmarks to get to the cryptsy dash charts, and they don't seem to be interested in updating their site.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:31:04 AM

Smooth is a core-dev of a smaller competitor...

Smooth is indeed a core-dev... One with least professional attitude towards actual "development" I have ever seen. Instead of coding and hard work, he is posting on forums that have nothing to do with his project. Not even relevant important stuff, but actively going into other coin's threads and talking trash. just plain old rubbish marinated with poo-poo.

I believe trolling from ANY coin community is unacceptable, wither from us, xmr or anyone for that matter. Unfortunately that is the new culture of the internet, where people can talk trash behind a computer screens and not have to worry about getting their teeth knocked out and not face the music.  Oh well...clearly that will never change now with the culture of tough talking keyboard peckers, so whats the point.  I for one...have my address up and full name for anyone that wants to visit and go old school, and talk trash in person, we'll sort it out then.  Kiss  LoL  in the mean I'm going out for a ride!  

Who's going to knock their teeth out Bigr? You?

Are you going to knock my teeth out if I tell you in person that Dash is a fraudulent instamined shitcoin?

The "point" of discussion is to communicate and perhaps even increase propagation of knowledge.  What's the "point" of going "old school" (besides to win some kind of irrelevant weight/strength/length measuring contest)?

I wonder what BigBullyCanada does when children, female, disabled, or elderly people challenge his opinions and tell him he's wrong.  Does he "knock their teeth out" too, or what?

Challenging one's opinions is quite different than dedicating your whole life 24/7 trying to piss people off on purpose and then starting to cry when they (half jokingly) actually do.

PS. Most would knock the teeth out from both of you if you said half the stuff you've been saying here.  Kiss
valentino008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:31:37 AM

It will be a pain if bitcoin wisdom don't update their site by the end of august, so as a temporary measure I set up http://dashwisdom.com/

It uses a masked redirect which forwards directly to https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc

If there is still a loading issue in the EU, or if anyone know a good (prefer ad-free) US proxy to forward to instead let me know and I'll update the forwarding so that the masked redirect will load up for european users.

Additionally, if anyone at bitcoinwisdom has an issue with this redirect site just pm me and I can pull it. I was just sick of hunting round bookmarks to get to the cryptsy dash charts, and they don't seem to be interested in updating their site.

Does not load for me here in the Netherlands!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:39:51 AM

Most would knock the teeth out from both of you if you said half the stuff you've been saying here.

D'aww, look at the adorable Internet Tough Derp!  He imagines we're intimidated by his rantings.  Isn't that cute?   Smiley

I'm not going to stop informing people about Dash's unconscionable insta-mine just because you threaten my dental configuration.

I bet you're not half as burly and intimidating as BigR IRL.  Prove me wrong?  Nah, I didn't think so...   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Triptolemoose

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:58:33 AM

Does the direct bitcoinwisdom link load? https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc
wildduck
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:05:25 AM

Does the direct bitcoinwisdom link load? https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc
Yes it does load up in 10 sec.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:08:14 AM

Can't shake the feeling were on the verge of something huge here - it won't happen overnight, but the fundamentals are shifting.

I was thinking about this on the way home from a quick errand this evening. How does one quantify the impact of a self-funded monetary unit? This is some seriously groundbreaking stuff, I can't think of anything like it - ever. The best way I can wrap my head around it is (1.01)^x where 1 is the base value and the 0.01 is the added value from increased development.

With a Market Cap around 20m the impact will be slow... with a Market Cap of 200m can you imagine the proposals that could be funded? Move this up to a bitcoin-level market cap and it's jaw dropping.

Best is yet to come, can't wait to see how this develops  Cool
Great post. This is a guy who gets it (not to mention a good UI dev). The snowball, while initially slow, will grow exponentially with development.

Blockchain funds ==> Development/Marketing ==> Higher MarketCap/Increased Blockchain funds ==> Increased development/Marketing... and so on and so on.

The people here, other than the trolls, get it.

Dash is so much more than a privacy oriented coin now.

We are only in competition with ourselves, trying to create a better and better Digital Cash, out of government control and in the hands of the people.

Enjoy the ride!

Triptolemoose

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:28:06 AM

Yes it does load up in 10 sec.

Are you in the Netherlands?

http://dashwisdom.com/ seems to work for me.

If dashwisdom doesn't load for you, but the direct link to bitcoinwisdom does, then it is probably the dns is still propagating for the domain (as it is a brand new domain), in which case, please try again in a few hours. If neither load, I'll look into setting up a link to a US based proxy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:36:28 AM

Can't shake the feeling were on the verge of something huge here

Like when a giant turd is about to be born.  Push harder!  And don't forget to flush.

with a Market Cap of 200m can you imagine

Dash will never have a 200m Market Cap.  You are selling "snake oil" and "bad crypto."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:39:47 AM

Challenging one's opinions is quite different than dedicating your whole life 24/7 trying to piss people off on purpose and then starting to cry when they (half jokingly) actually do.

PS. Most would knock the teeth out from both of you if you said half the stuff you've been saying here.  Kiss

D'aww, look at the adorable Internet Tough Derp!  He imagines we're intimidated by his rantings.

I bet you're not half as burly and intimidating as BigR IRL.  Prove me wrong?  Nah, I didn't think so...

Huhh no reason to start threatening me with real life violence just because I'm stating a fact in a way less confrontational way you guys(?) have been behaving.

Are you trying to silence me with your threats and bullying? Is that part of your code of conduct in real life as well? Is that the official stance of Monero community or just yours and AdamWhite's? Did you threat the victims of your ASIC scam with violence as well?
Pages: « 1 ... 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 [5047] 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: