Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:19:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 [5698] 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:32:29 PM

We can't really toss away 99% of the possible contractors just because we want them to take market risk, which they're uncomfortable with. I would say it's very important for our growth, to allow us to work with as many contractors as possible.

Why not only work with people who actually believe in your product?

Paying them in Dash only creates more incentive for them to do a good job.

As an example of the 'eat-your-own-dogfood' approach working very well, see https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required.

We raise funds in our own currency, and pay devs in that same currency.  Most funding requests are done in less than two days.

Once nice feature of this method is that only the people who believe something is a good idea have to pay for it to be done.

There is no moral hazard from a vocal minority forcing the silent majority to go along, via printing more and resultant inflation, nor is their any bickering over proposal priority/propriety.

You're already seeing the problems with zero-sum quarreling over scraps, as the soda machine people fight with the marketing or whatever people.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:37:02 PM

Just for the record DDink:

Voters still agree with me.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/transform-pr

Want to shut up now and stop trying to trash me without any valid points? You are sounding like a troll yourself at this point.

Good on you. But how am I trashing you? I just said that you were a spammer and posted supporting analytics. You're always talking about analytics, yes?

In any event, I think I like this format better. It's what I do with all the trolls:*

FeelTheBern

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX
Today at 07:29:06 PM

Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

*OK, I just called you a troll in addition to a spammer. Got me.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:38:35 PM

We can't really toss away 99% of the possible contractors just because we want them to take market risk, which they're uncomfortable with. I would say it's very important for our growth, to allow us to work with as many contractors as possible.

As an example of the 'eat-your-own-dogfood' approach working very well, see https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required.

We raise funds in our own currency, and pay devs in that same currency.  Most funding requests are done in less than two days.

Once nice feature of this method is that only the people who believe something is a good idea have to pay for it to be done.

There is no moral hazard from a vocal minority forcing the silent majority to go along, via printing more and resultant inflation, nor is their any bickering over proposal priority/propriety.

You're already seeing the problems with zero-sum quarreling over scraps, as the soda machine people fight with the marketing or whatever people.

Go away. We don't need your shit were already dealing with enough right now in terms of people accusing people of being trolls and being dishonest about thier motives. And I'm trying to make a point and you are just helping whoever is trying to censor me flood out my posts.

If you care about YOUR cause, go there and spend your time there, as I am doing in this community. If you want to just cause people to have a bad day, you are a shitty person and need to go find some help.

We have better things to discuss than your horseshit.

Just for the record DDink:

Voters still agree with me.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/transform-pr

Want to shut up now and stop trying to trash me without any valid points? You are sounding like a troll yourself at this point.

Good on you. But how am I trashing you? I just said that you were a spammer and posted supporting analytics. You're always talking about analytics, yes?

In any event, I think I like this format better. It's what I do with all the trolls:*

FeelTheBern

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DASH] Dash | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW, Darksend and InstantX
Today at 07:29:06 PM

Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

*OK, I just called you a troll in addition to a spammer. Got me.

Good for you! You just realized how wrong you were and want to put your fingers in you ears and scream LALALALAALLALA like a five year old.

Everyone sees through your sockpuppet bullshit.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:44:26 PM

We raise funds in our own currency, and pay devs in that same currency.  Most funding requests are done in less than two days.

Go away. We don't need your shit were already dealing with enough right now in terms of people accusing people of being trolls and being dishonest about thier motives. And I'm trying to make a point and you are just helping whoever is trying to censor me flood out my posts.

If you care about YOUR cause, go there and spend your time there, as I am doing in this community. If you want to just cause people to have a bad day, you are a shitty person and need to go find some help.

We have better things to discuss than your horseshit.

LOL.  Don't take it out on me just because Dash's Slack has been ruined by the Dash community.   Cheesy

Do you have any comment about the content of my post?  Or are you just here to shoot the messenger?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:47:16 PM

I think it's official. Third generation mutated spawn of trolling.  Doesn't even like it's own lineage.

Strap yourselves folk, this ain't gonna be nice...

EDIT:

Slack is working perfectly fine. Collaboration is skyrocketing. More and more independent non-budget projects are being worked on. We just had an unfortunate incident that has been resolved.
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:51:50 PM

I think it's official. Third generation mutated spawn of trolling.  Doesn't even like it's own lineage.

EDIT:

Slack is working perfectly fine. Collaboration is skyrocketing. More and more independent non-budget projects are being worked on. We just had an unfortunate incident that has been resolved.

Let me fix that for you:

EDIT:

Slack is not working perfectly fine. Collaboration is skyrocketing. More and more independent non-budget projects are being worked on. We just had someone who disagreed with us so we kicked him for made up reasons.
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:53:13 PM

Anyone else experiencing stability issues with their masternodes at the moment? Mine have been bulletproof for months but the last couple of weeks I'm constantly restarting them etc. I haven't made any changes to the underlying system. Has something on the network changed?

Walter

What are your server specs?
 OpenVZ or KVM?
 When was the last time you dumped your debug.log?
 Have you tried to actually reboot it, or just re-start the daemon?
 Did you update the system by any chance?

@ghostPlayer

Restarted the daemons and rebooted the servers. They're on Vultr. Not updated the system but haven't dumped the logs come to think of it. I'll do that now...

Thanks  Smiley

Walter
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:59:05 PM

FeelTheBern, I agree with you. There needs to be transparency with the PR campaign.

But man, you're really are spamming the crap out of this. And the logs from slack show you were spamming in there as well. I know it doesn't feel that way, I can tell you feel strongly about your opinion and you are just expressing it in a way you feel is appropriate. But you have to try to put yourself in everyone else's shoes and see it from a different prospective.

I know you are not a troll, you are just pissed off because you take this very personally. Please realize this is not the best way to get people to listen to you and understand your cause.

You are obviously not the only one who feels like there needs to be more transparency, but you are the only one kicking and screaming and that does not help. I hope you can understand this and that I haven't offended you.

Walter_S

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:00:57 PM

Anyone else experiencing stability issues with their masternodes at the moment? Mine have been bulletproof for months but the last couple of weeks I'm constantly restarting them etc. I haven't made any changes to the underlying system. Has something on the network changed?

Walter
Quite possibly. I had a reliable masternode (16+ weeks of uptime) go down twice in one day, which is very unusual. I reviewed my firewall settings and realized I was not filtering some incoming traffic properly. There could be malicious users out there trying to bang on masternode IPs, looking for exploits. So I would recommend closing all the ports you don't need.  

That's a good point...

It's quite likely that someone is scanning masternode IP's, then searching each server for open ports.

If someone found open ports, they might be trying to brute force crack your password, which could look like a DDOS attack, slowing your server, possibly crashing the masternode...

How much ram does your masternode have available? The budget system is being used pretty actively, that could possibly be taking up more memory.

I'll check on the ram thing. I created a large 2Gb swap file around 10 months ago on my servers as I only had around 768Mb RAM and running 3 MNs on each server. Might be causing the problem..

Walter
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:01:36 PM

Walter

OpenVZ or KVM?

@ghostPlayer

Restarted the daemons and rebooted the servers. They're on Vultr. Not updated the system but haven't dumped the logs come to think of it. I'll do that now...

Thanks  Smiley

Walter

Ah, Walter - Vultr is an entirely different beast.

On low end boxes you may have issues where you can't really monitor HDD and the debug fills up all the space. Another issue is OpenVZ, where you can't really create a swap file (it's shared), so if you're lowish on RAM and the other VPS around are hogging, you can spike RAM and it can crash your instance.

Vultr is KVM, and it does have great specs. In any case, swap may become corrupt for some reason. Look into trashing/rebuilding that  and reboot.

Best of luck. If that doesnt help, head over to dashtalk.org and open a thread for some brainstorming. Also, keep your new debug.log if it crashes again for analysis.
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:08:11 PM

FeelTheBern, I agree with you. There needs to be transparency with the PR campaign.

But man, you're really are spamming the crap out of this. And the logs from slack show you were spamming in there as well. I know it doesn't feel that way, I can tell you feel strongly about your opinion and you are just expressing it in a way you feel is appropriate. But you have to try to put yourself in everyone else's shoes and see it from a different prospective.

I know you are not a troll, you are just pissed off because you take this very personally. Please realize this is not the best way to get people to listen to you and understand your cause.

You are obviously not the only one who feels like there needs to be more transparency, but you are the only one kicking and screaming and that does not help. I hope you can understand this and that I haven't offended you.

Thank you for taking your time to give me actual advice instead of attack me for bringing something noone wanted to speak about to the light, and I agree I need to tone it down.

But to be fair, you would be called a spammer aswell if you had to constantly defend your point in a 1v10 situation.

Just take a second to let that sink in. 10+ people constantly coming at me trying to flood me out, shut me up, tell em I'm a troll etc. Of course I need to take the time to actually respond to each one with alot of thought and direction behind my posts.

I am just doing the thankless job of calling a snake a snake, I don't expect tips or rewards or anything for doing so. I will even glady put my reputation on the line and the "hes such a nice and helpful guy" attitude everyone ahd towards me up until 3 days ago.

Now the Transform PR proposal is voted down again, the voters have spoken. So obviously I am doing something right here, no?

I will do my best to keep my langauge sincere and my motives transparent. I hope everyone else can follow suit.

edit: go vote for this proposal people
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/DASH-at-Anarchapulco

double edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRewzFp8XE4
Walter_S

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:20:21 PM

@TDG (FeelTheBern)
Nothing to have with the voting or your opinion.

Why i got the sensation of seeing you everywhere, oh maybe because you were everywhere today, spaming all channel, Dashtalk, dashwhale and here, with negativity and not constructive coments.

Imho your comunication is not good.

I agree my language was strong but it was warranted.

DO you see me here still responding every 30 minutes? No? Thats because the people voted. Not me. The 1000 masternodes.

So why am I kicked again? Because I disagreed with someone "more veteran" than me? Please.

And I was referring not the approach and mindset from some individuals with clout around here.

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”

Its all in the delivery in my experience.  I'm not sure if your new here or not...I suspect not, but we all have our own view points, experiences and expectations.   I am ok with voting yes on the said budget proposal...does that mean because I have a different view or opinion then you that I'm part of this claimed "centralization".  The community here is weary of people coming in here with agendas and trolling behavior.  Come in hard, and your likely to get the same effect as if you kicked a hornets nest.  You will certainly catch heat in here and other forums from some of those here like me that have had to put up with months on end of bullshit from those claiming to be "members" of the community and not, but in fact were/are trying to undermine all the work that has gone into this project.

Speak your points respectfully and those in here and other forums will respond in kind.  I certainly not accusing you of anything...just giving you my prospective.  Cheers.

As with so many situations in life:

" It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it"

In my opinion the whole community is very receptive to well written, well communicated, constructive points of view, even if it goes against their own opinions/beliefs. I personally understood your point of view after your first couple of posts. That's all that needed to be said on the matter. After that it it descends into bickering and I switch off from it. This may not be the best response from me but it's human nature..

This applies to all contributors, all of us are hardwired to respond in a fight/flight way to things that perceived as an immediate challenge or threat to our security, views or beliefs. Whether it's in the real world or on message boards. If we're mindful of this and write in a less confrontational manner then we're less likely to trigger unwanted/unexpected responses to our points of view.

Walter

Moral of the story: Be careful what you lobby for people! Theres an agenda at foot and speaking your mind is going to get you sidelined.

I have done more in 1 month than 95% of the Dash community, and I do not say this lightly.

If you'd like a short list of my time here I would be happy to supply it as everyone think's I'm here to do harm I guess? I'm just pissed off people feel the need to be disingenuous towards me because of my world view. Do you think I chose "feelthebern" for no reason? Really?

As far as me being banned/kicked from slack for as Flare said "posting over 1500 messages out of the 10k limit in a week. I speak in line format sometimes, so thats a bullshit excuse. Not to mention I was active in over 10 conversations a day from PM's to #Android, #General, #Marketing, #DGBB_Imporvements, #Budgets, #Dev and so on. Yet they are trying to make up a completely bullshit excuses I was spamming. It is true I was asked to write in praragraph format more, which I was attempting to do, but is not natural for me in a chat setting.

As far as me "not providing a solution and just bickering" thats bullshit as well, I provided ideas to solve the issue left and right. See DT threads for more information.

This is as authoritarian as I've seen a core team and its fucking sad. I have been around the block a few times and was introduced to Bitcoin in 11' so I know exactly whats going on right now. Someone higher up disagrees with me and was actively promoting kicking me from slack in private chats behind my back, never warned me, never gave me an ultimatum, just kicked. Not every a simple "by the way we kicked you from slack for XXX"

I started watching Evans videos on Dash on 12/1/2015 and since then here is a list of the things I have been doing, which for the record is more than all of you sitting around calling me a fucking troll. So forgive my language for feeling slighted.

My personal website/blog about DASH with a link directory, video library etc: http://www.thedashguy.com/
My twitter with 510 posts in under a 2 month period( I MUST be a troll huh?)  https://twitter.com/TheDashGuy
My instragram (originally started out with this): https://www.instagram.com/thedashguy/
My DT account with 629 posts, 539 likes on my posts in under 2 months: https://dashtalk.org/members/thedashguy.4535/

Not to mention I did dashndrink.com for FREE
AND I did thedailydecrypt.com for FREE.

edit: Oh an I can now say I was "responsible" for blowing up the shitty use of the budget on some half baked PR Company

My supposed 1500 messages in a week in slack are a side effect of my constantly being online and involved, I am sorry some of you don't have the same amount of time to devote to Dash as me, but why the hell are you dropping the hammer on me for doing so? This really goes against your whole message of decentralization, democracy, transparency and not to mention looks VERY authoritarian.

So I must ask, why are you SO deadset on a PR firm that hides in the shadows demanding to be paid in 3 month contract denominated in Dash? Seems like a scam to me at this point. I still stand by my message, show the me the analytics or I will KEEEP calling this out for what it really is.

An unfair deal to the Dash community with disingenuous motives. DOn't blame me because your fucking voters agreed. I apologize to anyone who feels offended and for any language considered rude. I'm merely standing up for the voters who don't have as much time to educate themselves on this slush fund that has been created.

Keep trying to make me shut up, go for it, I will get 5x louder everytime until your little buddy buddy operation falls apart and the DGBB can be used as it was intended, to spur an online economy to help out the entire world, not the fucking rich useless PR companies who say "trust us, we don;t need to show you any numbers, its fineeeee"

Get over yourselves. Keep trying to kick me out and shut me down. I DARE YOU. Just because some of you feel the need to jump on the "bandwagon" per say, doesn't mean the people you are listening to are correct. The PR company is ripping you off. Otherwise there would be analytics. End of story. Do as you will with this rant, I care not. I will still be committed to spreading Dash, just now equally committed to spreading my opinion on the manner in which this was handled period. So good job whoever kicked me from slack for your own closed minded world view, you've just set a motherfucking fire under my ass. And don't forget people, I do have chat logs and screen shots of alot of this as proof. So fuck with me, I dare you.

Again, sorry to anyone who feels offended, the ones I am referring to here know who they are.

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”
― Glenn Greenwald, No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State

Dude, chill out... I'm not calling you a troll, and I agree with some of the points you make. I don't think anybody on here is questioning your commitment to Dash or the hard work and time you have dedicated either. I voted against the PR proposal from the beginning and my view hasn't changed. I think you make some valid points on the matter. What you have to respect and accept though is that voicing strong opinions is is perfectly acceptable, repeating them arguments over and over and getting all cut up about shit and 'going off on one' isn't going to achieve anything. It just rubs people up the wrong way and turns people off what you have to say. This is a shame because you do make good points based on sound logic and reason and when you're 'not on one' the community find your posts interesting, insightful and positive on the whole.

All in good faith  Smiley

Walter

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:26:05 PM

FeelTheBern, I highly recommend you buy up enough DASH to own your first masternode. Then you can let your voice be heard directly by the blockchain.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:26:10 PM

Thank you for taking your time to give me actual advice instead of attack me for bringing something noone wanted to speak about to the light, and I agree I need to tone it down.

But to be fair, you would be called a spammer aswell if you had to constantly defend your point in a 1v10 situation.

Just take a second to let that sink in. 10+ people constantly coming at me trying to flood me out, shut me up, tell em I'm a troll etc. Of course I need to take the time to actually respond to each one with alot of thought and direction behind my posts.

I am just doing the thankless job of calling a snake a snake, I don't expect tips or rewards or anything for doing so. I will even glady put my reputation on the line and the "hes such a nice and helpful guy" attitude everyone ahd towards me up until 3 days ago.

Now the Transform PR proposal is voted down again, the voters have spoken. So obviously I am doing something right here, no?

I will do my best to keep my langauge sincere and my motives transparent. I hope everyone else can follow suit.

edit: go vote for this proposal people
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/DASH-at-Anarchapulco

double edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRewzFp8XE4

Are we suppose to thank you for educating us?
Do you not believe we are free thinking individuals?

Walter_S

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:30:42 PM

Walter

OpenVZ or KVM?

@ghostPlayer

Thanks  Smiley

Walter

Ah, Walter - Vultr is an entirely different beast.

On low end boxes you may have issues where you can't really monitor HDD and the debug fills up all the space. Another issue is OpenVZ, where you can't really create a swap file (it's shared), so if you're lowish on RAM and the other VPS around are hogging, you can spike RAM and it can crash your instance.

Vultr is KVM, and it does have great specs. In any case, swap may become corrupt for some reason. Look into trashing/rebuilding that  and reboot.

Best of luck. If that doesnt help, head over to dashtalk.org and open a thread for some brainstorming. Also, keep your new debug.log if it crashes again for analysis.

Thanks ghostplayer I'll give that a go and see how I get on. I know I'm pushing it running 3 MNs on one VPS but it's been bombproof for months so kinda had me scratching my head Smiley

Cheers

Walter
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:37:20 PM

I think Transform PR was doing a fantastic job and I would like to work with them again, however it's not really possible to do it when the network can flip-flop back and forth. We've now funded them, unfunded them, funded them again, then finally unfunded them. I would recommend the network vote down this proposal due to the completely crazy and unprofessional way this makes our operation look. How can we possibly work with a company like Transform, with 3-month minimums when our network has the ability to do a complete backflip, essentially voiding a contract?

I think it's best we wait until 12.1 when we can do irrevocable contracts like I laid out earlier.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:42:32 PM

I think Transform PR was doing a fantastic job and I would like to work with them again, however it's not really possible to do it when the network can flip-flop back and forth. We've now funded them, unfunded them, funded them again, then finally unfunded them. I would recommend the network vote down this proposal due to the completely crazy and unprofessional way this makes our operation look. How can we possibly work with a company like Transform, with 3-month minimums when our network has the ability to do a complete backflip, essentially voiding a contract?

I think it's best we wait until 12.1 when we can do irrevocable contracts like I laid out earlier.

Not so sure we want irrevocable contracts though... atleast not just yet, the budget is way to small for large contracts like this.

Maybe you should do some investigation as to WHY the proposal was voted down? Maybe there is a solution thats glaring you in the face and you just refuse to see it?

Let the network vote. Don't just force contracts onto the network please, we all know everytime you put something up for proposal it passes right awya until people talk about it a bit and see the details of whats happening. Just like the PR company issue we are facing right now.

As I said in (the new) slack just now:

thedashguy [12:45 PM]
I'm not sure we should be jumping the gun on this stuff.
We need to first solve the process in which proposals are submitted and talked about
We cant have so much back and forth AFTERwards
Creates situations like this.
i agree with the sentiment,
if the network makes a commitment we should keep it

(thats what they mean about me "spamming" btw.)
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:48:44 PM

Yep, the system obviously has room for improvements. For short term reimbursements the current implementation is enough, but for funding legally binding contracts the system is to unstable at the moment.

Yet i like to see the system to work in this very dynamic manner, excactly what we had in mind while creating the governance system: Instant voting Smiley

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:49:26 PM

Not so sure we want irrevocable contracts though... atleast not just yet, the budget is way to small for large contracts like this.

Maybe you should do some investigation as to WHY the proposal was voted down? Maybe there is a solution thats glaring you in the face and you just refuse to see it?

Let the network vote. Don't just force contracts onto the network please, we all know everytime you put something up for proposal it passes right awya until people talk about it a bit and see the details of whats happening. Just like the PR company issue we are facing right now.

I finally changed my votes to "No" due to the crazy flip-flopping the network was doing. Plus Otoh had changed his votes from "No" to "Yes" just this morning, due to hearing it was working out with Terpin. I asked him to change them back to "No" so we could implement a proper contract. I think it makes much more sense.

As of yesterday, when the network had voted "No" on Terpin, we had a call with him and they basically let us off the hook. Rather than telling them "Yes we're good", "No, we're not good", "Yes, we're good" like a crazy person, we should just avoid this all together.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:54:42 PM

Yet i like to see the system to work in this very dynamic manner, excactly what we had in mind while creating the governance system: Instant voting Smiley

Absolutely. This is great for month-to-month deals.

Pages: « 1 ... 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 [5698] 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: