Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722600 times)
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:58:34 PM

Very true, all this hype over the ETH price at the mo has me shaking my head in wonderment, as far as I know the project has never aimed at being a monetary system, always as a computing platform for other systems to be built on yet there's a forex frenzy for eth, mad world :/

Like you said in that last post, Dash could get a good head start with contracts before any cross-chain aspects to them start to hit the mainstream, the capability to do that kind of thing has been around for quite a while but making it accessible to regular users is the key to it actually being used, of going mainstream and Dash is heavily focused on just that, making crypto and its benefits accessible to regular users.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:59:01 PM

InstantX your FIAT into DASH (and visa versa)

https://exmo.com/en/trade#?pair=DASH_USD

Yet there is no simple SEPA, SEPA in SEPA out at low fee (<1%)

You will find it when you look at the EURO section, not USD. Fee: 1€ in, 2€ out, very good for bigger amounts!

What does that SEPA cieska sporitielna even mean?

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:03:10 PM

Very true, all this hype over the ETH price at the mo has me shaking my head in wonderment, as far as I know the project has never aimed at being a monetary system, always as a computing platform for other systems to be built on yet there's a forex frenzy for eth, mad world :/

Like you said in that last post, Dash could get a good head start with contracts before any cross-chain aspects to them start to hit the mainstream, the capability to do that kind of thing has been around for quite a while but making it accessible to regular users is the key to it actually being used, of going mainstream and Dash is heavily focused on just that, making crypto and its benefits accessible to regular users.

It's definitely baffling.

Vitalik was always clear that he didn't want it to be money, he didn't want a huge run-up in price, and even that in the future you'll be able to use any currency as fuel for the network. He repeatedly said that people shouldn't speculate on price, that the ONLY use for ether was to build contracts. He even said that the huge emission rate was designed to make it less attractive as a speculative aspect.

But people didn't listen...

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:09:43 PM

Dash USD on exmo Smiley
G.avinMcInnes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

I was elated to see you are thinking of setting up a decentralized exchange. I've followed the progress of, say, B&C, but my perception is that they have become semi-centralized as they progress from vision to reality. Any interface with fiat will always be a choke-point, imho. I hope you solve it.

I think all 'decentralized exchanges' so far, and there are quite a few of them now, are semi-centralized - even where they use only crypto let alone with fiat.

A truly decentralized exchange between crytocurrencies would be too slow and probably too expensive in fees to be particularly useful for most people even if atomic cross chain transfer tech was built, so its a tough problem.

I also really hope a good solution can be worked out for this.

If you know anyone who could help with coding, my idea was to replicate DASH, set the masternode requirements to the extreme, yet only set the collateral for about 10 DEX (Decentralized Exchange Muney) and utilize all of the great features DASH uses for governance and mining to secure and grow the network.

I don't think speed would be an issue once we got the ball rolling. We could use the mechanics Evan laid out in Masternodes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_machine, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_oracle#Applications, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box_group

To create a signed at random authorized order book - chain. We could create multiple side chain like derivatives -- which could all be based off Dash.

The idea is we could use the new Evolution DAPI to access this new exchange. It would initially only trade DASH/DEX through Evolution and this offshoot Masternoding network.

In time with funding and development, we could launch this into a more accessible exchange, and maybe start this as a project where the Dash foundation owns a particular percentage of the new project, similar to others proposals I have seen.
G.avinMcInnes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:27:18 PM

Everything's there for them to get off the ground, touring complete languages for interoperability between chains have been around for a few years but they're getting a big boost at the mo. Maybe it's one of those things that'll take a long time to get off the ground but when it does it will change market dynamics in a huge way

I've always thought Dash could use the Daps layer of the Ethereum blockchain to its huge advantage.

For example some of the more "accessibility" oriented features of Evolution are good when compared to a simple wallet, but we may be about to see a much more general approach emerge that will offer equivalent and potentially fuller features and that cover all electronic assets. (It happened in the 1990s with websites. People would spend 10k on a custom website, then wordpress came along and blew them away for $15 a pop. Other examples include, what booking.com does for Hotels, Google shopping feed does for retailers etc).

Those Dash bond ideas I posted on the previous page may also be perfect smart contract candidates denominated in Dash and collateralised natively on the Dash blockchain. We must think constructively and use everything available IMO.

The reason thats a good match is because Dash is a monetary token and Ethereum is a blockchain applications platform thats specifically designed to securely manage assets that are not Ethereum itself. The distinction was well made by Vlad Zamfir in this interview with the Daily Decrypt. At that point she pushes him on the "emission policy" and he gets a bit evasive, pointing out that she's asking about Ethereum's "monetary properties" which are not yet decided. He says he's more worried about securing transaction receipts.

He almost dismisses it as unimportant because he knows that being a monetary token is not Ethereum's priority. It's technical priority is to act as an "OS" for blockchain based smart contract apps. That is a very telling moment and is totally consistent with what he says and what he says.

(b.t.w. his mum told him to tidy his room before that interview but he only got as far as hiding his underpants  Wink ).

See my last post. I have a rough idea of this being possible. I had been thinking about a decentralized browser, and based on my research into technology that almost makes that possible, plus the addition of all the advances of DASH, I think we could bootstrap a DASH/PAIR exchange using the alternate masternode network as a super fast high node amount network.

50$ servers minimum, only need $100 collateral - this will allow us to scale, but none of that matters until we test creating a decentralized exchange based on a optional node network that securizes it, and set up a governance model for it's continued existence.

We as a community could easily create this given I'm talking having the Dash foundation owning a portion of the project, and doing a scheduled launch through the community only accessible through Evolution.

Start with a Dash/Dex pair, then scale the exchange coin with side chains for dash, aka, derivatives and options. A lot of money can be created, so instead of having central bankers do it, let's create better financial instruments, alongside our new currency, to better grow the network?

The main dev team has too much on their plate, this project would need to co-exist alongside Evolution, as you would trade with you Evolution account.
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:40:06 PM

Yet there is no simple SEPA, SEPA in SEPA out at low fee (<1%)

You will find it when you look at the EURO section, not USD. Fee: 1€ in, 2€ out, very good for bigger amounts!

What does that SEPA cieska sporitielna even mean?

I guess thats the bank where they handle the SEPA payments. http://www.csas.cz/
I wonder why they use a czech bank, when the company is based in spain? Best conditions?
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:58:52 PM

Dash's price is strong! A lot of money has left the altcoin-sphere recently, see https://cryptolization.com/

But Dash has stayed up and his risen to 4th place in marketcap (if you don't count Ripple).

The money that has left altcoins seems to have not gone back to BTC so will have to be converted to fiat....

I hope this reflects the strong fundamentals of Dash. But it's always hard to say, because markets are made by whales just rolling around. Look at 'ADN' on Poloniex today =|

=P
stan.distortion

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:21:17 PM

Everything's there for them to get off the ground, touring complete languages for interoperability between chains have been around for a few years but they're getting a big boost at the mo. Maybe it's one of those things that'll take a long time to get off the ground but when it does it will change market dynamics in a huge way

I've always thought Dash could use the Daps layer of the Ethereum blockchain to its huge advantage.

For example some of the more "accessibility" oriented features of Evolution are good when compared to a simple wallet, but we may be about to see a much more general approach emerge that will offer equivalent and potentially fuller features and that cover all electronic assets. (It happened in the 1990s with websites. People would spend 10k on a custom website, then wordpress came along and blew them away for $15 a pop. Other examples include, what booking.com does for Hotels, Google shopping feed does for retailers etc).

Those Dash bond ideas I posted on the previous page may also be perfect smart contract candidates denominated in Dash and collateralised natively on the Dash blockchain. We must think constructively and use everything available IMO.

The reason thats a good match is because Dash is a monetary token and Ethereum is a blockchain applications platform thats specifically designed to securely manage assets that are not Ethereum itself. The distinction was well made by Vlad Zamfir in this interview with the Daily Decrypt. At that point she pushes him on the "emission policy" and he gets a bit evasive, pointing out that she's asking about Ethereum's "monetary properties" which are not yet decided. He says he's more worried about securing transaction receipts.

He almost dismisses it as unimportant because he knows that being a monetary token is not Ethereum's priority. It's technical priority is to act as an "OS" for blockchain based smart contract apps. That is a very telling moment and is totally consistent with what he says and what he says.

(b.t.w. his mum told him to tidy his room before that interview but he only got as far as hiding his underpants  Wink ).

See my last post. I have a rough idea of this being possible. I had been thinking about a decentralized browser, and based on my research into technology that almost makes that possible, plus the addition of all the advances of DASH, I think we could bootstrap a DASH/PAIR exchange using the alternate masternode network as a super fast high node amount network.

50$ servers minimum, only need $100 collateral - this will allow us to scale, but none of that matters until we test creating a decentralized exchange based on a optional node network that securizes it, and set up a governance model for it's continued existence.

We as a community could easily create this given I'm talking having the Dash foundation owning a portion of the project, and doing a scheduled launch through the community only accessible through Evolution.

Start with a Dash/Dex pair, then scale the exchange coin with side chains for dash, aka, derivatives and options. A lot of money can be created, so instead of having central bankers do it, let's create better financial instruments, alongside our new currency, to better grow the network?

The main dev team has too much on their plate, this project would need to co-exist alongside Evolution, as you would trade with you Evolution account.

I'd agree, it's likely Dashes model will be used for a lot of other systems and ofc Dash is in the prime spot for implementing them.

It's kind of hard to grasp the significance of Dash when watching the day to day discussions, Bitcoin got where it is because it out-evolved the legacy systems and will continue to make gains on them simply because it's better but Dash takes that to a whole new level. Evolution isn't just a catchy name, it's the goal, continually improvements aimed at facilitating further improvements and it's only getting started Smiley

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:25:29 PM

Next leg up incoming.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:35:23 PM

(b.t.w. his mum told him to tidy his room before that interview but he only got as far as hiding his underpants  Wink ).

Seems to me we should have some talent for this?  Please post on DashTalk.org to reach more of the serious users because many got turned off of posting/reading here by the trolls, and only post there.  Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:44:01 PM

Next leg up incoming.

Next leg up?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
stan.distortion

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:45:51 PM

Boing, we is bouncing Smiley The charts seem to have turned back upwards again.

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:46:54 PM

All I see is red, although DASH is holding up better than most.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:49:12 PM

All I see is red, although DASH is holding up better than most.

i think toknormal is referring to this : https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/4h

and this : https://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Jacksp

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:18:48 PM

We can buy dash with okpay in 5 sec, amazing
Fatov

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:52:11 PM

We can buy dash with okpay in 5 sec, amazing
Not, you can do it with 8 services!
Good job team!

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:31:23 PM

Spot the odd one out, hint - it's not red Wink

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:33:38 PM

Spot the odd one out Wink

DASH turning green doesn't count if it's your fault. Smiley

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:36:39 PM

Spot the odd one out Wink

DASH turning green doesn't count if it's your fault. Smiley

lol, I haven't bought any for a couple of days, in fact I just started to loan 850 on Polo so they're likely being used to short atm.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 ... 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 5802 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: